***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think they’ve guaranteed him game time and he’s using them to get fit for Wales. 

Makes sense from that perspective.. these Welsh boys really prioritise the national team 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Where's Hibs millions from the Boyle sale getting spent? Looks to me like it's already winging its way to Ron's bank account.

its not getting spent at all, they borrowed millions to get through last season

55 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Just found this tweet:

With an option to buy 

:rofl::rofl:

He gets paid £400,000 a week.  Four hundred thousand pounds each and every week.  Friday rolls around, that's £400,000 please. 

Rangers would be on their third Sevco by the end of August if they somehow scraped together enough dodgy dealings to even be able to afford getting him in the door permanently. 

Deary ****ing me. Option to buy.  Hearts also have the option to buy Ramsey, it's just never going to happen. 

I'm not saying this really about Rangers or Ramsey or even your post, but you see this so often.  Team A can't possibly afford player B cos he get's paid £X (they're not real people or teams or even a proper amount - I replaced them with letters!).

But that's the contract he just had.  He might have different wants from his next one, that player.  Like Naismith was on £30k/wk or whatever, but was happy to come to us.  He was nearer family, he got back in the Scotland team.  Cos a player has a big contract doesn't mean he'll get paid that everywhere he goes.

We're often linked with guys and it's dismissed cos "he'll be on loads at that team".  Well if that team don't want him and no one else is offering him the same...

Ramsay been sitting on his erase since September it will take him the rest of the season to get fit , I’ll say one thing Sevco know how to waste money hope it hurts

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'm not saying this really about Rangers or Ramsey or even your post, but you see this so often.  Team A can't possibly afford player B cos he get's paid £X (they're not real people or teams or even a proper amount - I replaced them with letters!).

But that's the contract he just had.  He might have different wants from his next one, that player.  Like Naismith was on £30k/wk or whatever, but was happy to come to us.  He was nearer family, he got back in the Scotland team.  Cos a player has a big contract doesn't mean he'll get paid that everywhere he goes.

We're often linked with guys and it's dismissed cos "he'll be on loads at that team".  Well if that team don't want him and no one else is offering him the same...

That's very true, but there's probably a limit to the drop that will be possible.

£30,000 to £5,000 a week, is still a hefty drop, but a lot better than £400,000 to £25,000 or there abouts (and that's probably the top end of the scale that Rangers would pay).

Ramsey will get another move to a big-ish team on reputation alone.  He might not get £400,000, but he could easily convince some EPL-daftie team to pay him north of £100,000, if not more.  Enter new money arseholes Newcastle United as the prime example of a team that would spunk the kind of money he would be after.

I would be exceptionally shocked if he made the switch permanent, or if Rangers could afford to pay more than that.  It's suggested that Morelos, their highest paid player, earns around £35,000 per week (which for the Scottish Premiership, and that fat lump, is scandalous), so I doubt they would be paying anyone much more than that.

Edited by tian447

The purchase of a player of Ramsay’s stature would surely rival the gascoigne purchase no? Both in the twilight of their careers and a hairs breadth away from more injury problems

1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

The purchase of a player of Ramsay’s stature would surely rival the gascoigne purchase no? Both in the twilight of their careers and a hairs breadth away from more injury problems

erm gascoigne was 28 when he signed for rangers, hardly the twilight of his career

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Ramsay been sitting on his erase since September it will take him the rest of the season to get fit , I’ll say one thing Sevco know how to waste money hope it hurts

He was the same the year before and tore up the Euro's.  

Let's not kid ourselves on it's an incredible signing. 

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, make a noise said:

Ramsay has already been knocked back by 6 EPL teams that Juve have offered him to! Massive risk! 

What's the risk? 

4 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Not quite Gazza level, but in this day and age I did not think Rangers or Celtic could get such a high profile player. If, and it's a big if, he stays fit the league is theres. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What's the risk? 

His injury record plus he’s played something like 110 minutes this season! Do you not think it’s a risk, all transfers are a risk but this one is higher than normal! 

2 minutes ago, make a noise said:

His injury record plus he’s played something like 110 minutes this season! Do you not think it’s a risk, all transfers are a risk but this one is higher than normal! 

5 subs, plenty other players in squad makes it low risk. 

7 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Not quite Gazza level, but in this day and age I did not think Rangers or Celtic could get such a high profile player. If, and it's a big if, he stays fit the league is theres. 

That’s what I mean. Not since the Gaza signing or flo to a lesser extent , has there been one of Ramsay’s stature. I hope he’s destined to fail and not prosper with them

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

5 subs, plenty other players in squad makes it low risk. 

Supposedly The Rangers are paying £2m + % toward his wages for 4 months! Lot of money if he’s injured most of it! 
Fair enough if he plays every week and gets them in Champions league then it will be worth it to them! 

Edited by make a noise

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What's the risk? 

You are in Ramsey fan club , there must be a lot wrong when jive pay him that amount then find him a giant disruptive player in the dressing room hopefully does the same at sevco 

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

One of these moves that confuse me.

A transfer I would understand, but why would PT loan a player to Dundee.

They are just off the play offs.

Is he on too high a wage?

Ex Rangers and Plymouth 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ex Rangers and Plymouth 

Partick have now loaned McAllister from St Mirren.

Is a strange one. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ex Rangers and Plymouth 

Per BBC site he signed a pre-contract with Dundee 10 days ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60090824

Edited by Spellczech

12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ex Rangers and Plymouth 

Daft move for Rudden IMO. Dundee could easily swap places with PT at the end of the season

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Hopefully the same impact as Joey Barton

His injury problems are obviously going to make it a gamble but Ramsay to Rangers is definitely one of the biggest signings Scottish football has seen in quite some time.

Considering the colossal sums of money players like him get paid these days it would almost seem impossible.

44 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ex Rangers and Plymouth 

It may be Rangers are due money from Thistle if they sell Rudden. Rangers let him go for nothing and A Jags fan I know thought they had "first dibs" on him.

I guess now they get a player back fron Dundee and pay nothing to Ibrox......

kingantti1874

Jordan Jones to stmirren.. he’s a decent player 

Adam Montgomery to Abersellick.  Continuing their long standing relationship 

Brandon Barker to Hibs is getting bandied about. Rangers have released him but I have a memory of him being quite poor when he was at Hibs. Am I just remembering it wrong?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Brandon Barker to Hibs is getting bandied about. Rangers have released him but I have a memory of him being quite poor when he was at Hibs. Am I just remembering it wrong?

no he was pish.  Ironically Souttar smashing him was a highlight

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

no he was pish.  Ironically Souttar smashing him was a highlight

Thought that. Why the **** would they want him back 🤷‍♀️  Strange moves from them this window. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thought that. Why the **** would they want him back 🤷‍♀️  Strange moves from them this window. 

desperation

12 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Just in

Shaun Mini Maloney after the news that Morgan Rogers has rejected hibs (another one)

sad george michael bluth GIF

AHAHAHA

Nobody wants to play for them :D 

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Boyle replacement. 🤣🤣🤣

Ron's played a blinder! 

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Motherwell played one of Celtic's summer signings Liam Shaw on Saturday. Didn't notice. 

Lost the ball for second goal

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's been shafted a bit by the headline there.

yeah you are right. He was not told which Dundee club he was signing for, so started looking up about Dundee thinking it was then, but realised later it was United.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
30 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

yeah you are right. He was not told which Dundee club he was signing for, so started looking up about Dundee thinking it was then, but realised later it was United.

Still a bit ****ing amateurish from all involved.

Given how Hearts sell the club the new players.

Hibs failed capture of American of German descent.   The striker has fallen through the Hibs transfer net this winter... 

Bub-Lee Schartz...

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Bit desperate for the Sheep that 

They have had Hayes at left back and have a 21 year old MacKenzie as well who have played here so could see why they want another left back. But its a weird one.