Will this kick start the rush for Season Tickets

livi

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think this appointment will inspire those who have failed to renew to date, to go out and get one tomorrow.

Its an appointment(hopefully)yes, but its hardly of the calibre than anyone really wanted if we're honest. I think he's a huge gamble with not much of a track record and no experience of British football, let alone Scottish. He's done reasonably well for Uganda but they were bound to improve with a bit of even basic European style coaching and organisation, which they had never had up till then. Aside from which. international football does not involve signing players and developing and moulding a squad over a period of time. Basically he's got a group of about 30 players to work with 8 or 9 times a year. If they are decent group he'll do okay, if they're not he's fecked.

Csaba is actually no better qualified than either Weiss or Thordason (except Thordason DID have some limited British experience in his CV.

Having said all that, if he gets 100% control, gets a decent backroom team, including a couple of Hearts men, and he gets the first 5 or 6 signings right, he might well make a decent fist of it.

The 5 or 6 signings he'll HAVE to make will be the thing that gets people renewing now. (or not) If he doesnt get to bring in 5 or 6 of decent quality I'm fearful he'll be gone by Christmas and we'll be starting this whole process again.

I agree with most of your points apart from being "gone by Christmas". Vlad really has to make a go of this manager after all the messing about appointing him. (Assuming he takes the job !!)

I will be waiting to see the vibes from the friendly games before making a decision about renewing but will still plan to be at most games even if I don't.

Not sure what category that puts me in.

"Glory Hunter" certainly isn't a category you could put Hearts supporters into.

As for most of the posts on this thread, it's obvious the schools are on holiday. :)

Just because you can name a few managers you like, does not mean they would be the right man at Tynecastle.

By your logic we should be shortlisting Scolari and Ferguson too.

I agree they would be good choices, but its not our business to pick the manager.

I certainly wouldn't withold my support or purchase of a ST because they never shortlisted manager I rate.

Ill support the man they bring in, at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

To go in the huff because the club didnt listen to me would be silly, if they didnt appoint a manager at all ...yes. But not just because its the one I liked.

I was putting forward an example of the type of manager whose appointment would be seen as a clear statement that the meddling would end.

This guy falls into the category of 'same as before'

I am not 'in the huff' -far from it. I will just choose to avoid giving Vlad any of my money until I think he is treating us like fans and not like sheit on the end of his shoe.

scottish_chicP
Another decent thread screwed by the same posters

Agreed

I'll put my hands up.

I'll renew on the back of the Hungarian's appointment. It won't comply with the Jan 1st statement but I'll compromise.

All my friends and family have already renewed and in all honesty I'm looking for any opportunity to do likewise.

I said I wouldn't unless the Jan 1st statement was put in place but not renewing has never sat easy with me. He's not part of the pyramid structure and that's a start.

I'm well aware how weak that sounds, how quick to buckle, but I just want to get on doing what I do every season. Watch the Hearts from my seat with my season ticket.

Dr. Bapswent
I was putting forward an example of the type of manager whose appointment would be seen as a clear statement that the meddling would end.

This guy falls into the category of 'same as before'

I am not 'in the huff' -far from it. I will just choose to avoid giving Vlad any of my money until I think he is treating us like fans and not like sheit on the end of his shoe.

If this guy is in the same mold as others.

Can you explain why?

Where is his connection to Vlad?

Why are his credentials being dismissed?

Why is he known for not taking any rubbish?

I would genuinely like to hear why you think he is another puppet?

Is it just because you haven't heard of him, and therefore are making the assumption he is both rubbish and a foreign chancer who is doing what Vlad says for the money, nothing more?

If this is what you are basing it on, those views are short sighted and frankly racist.

Can you please explain why you think he is another puppet?

Patrick Bateman

I suspect most of the "I'll never renew under Romanov" brigade will buy a new season ticket should we notch up a few wins early on in the season.

Drylaw Hearts
People in glass houses...........

Indeed.

What happened to the German that was being announced ?

I suspect most of the "I'll never renew under Romanov" brigade will buy a new season ticket should we notch up a few wins early on in the season.

Completely agree.

People love a winning team, and if we start winning every week despite Romanovs continued interference I can see them all crawling back.

PresidentRomanov
Indeed.

What happened to the German that was being announced ?

Didn't you hear, he never took the job.

My information was 100% correct at the time though :)

Guest JamboRobbo
Didn't you hear, he never took the job.

So how come you're still posting then?

A german will be appointed on Wednesday. If it doesn' t happen, I'll never post on here again.

Thats what you said wasn't it?

PresidentRomanov
Completely agree.

People love a winning team, and if we start winning every week despite Romanovs continued interference I can see them all crawling back.

Crawling being the operative word :sad:

PresidentRomanov

A german will be appointed on Wednesday. If it doesn' t happen, I'll never post on here again.

It was, but after you said you'd miss me, I decided to stay :)

Guest JamboRobbo
Crawling being the operative word :sad:

Crawling back? Like someone who says they'll never return, then returns anyway.

Guest JamboRobbo
It was, but after you said you'd miss me, I decided to stay :)

Ah, well it's okay then. I was being sarcastic. :P

PresidentRomanov
Crawling back? Like someone who says they'll never return, then returns anyway.

I never left though, I was suspended for a week, because I called an idiot, an idiot :eek:

I never left though, I was suspended for a week, because I called an idiot, an idiot :eek:

i must admit i missed you.

Drylaw Hearts
I'd prefer it if the glory hunters just stayed away - from everything Hearts related.

Define a 'glory hunter' for me.

PresidentRomanov
Define a 'glory hunter' for me.

What again :rolleyes:

Post #12 :)

zicoinexile
I think that sums it up pretty well.

I don't think it DOES sum it up - the statement indicated someone preferably with experience of British football - don't remember anyone "promising" a manager with British experience.

I renewed my ST in a period of weakness, given I was as hacked off as anyone else with a lot of the madness at Tynecastle, but assuming this guy is getting the gig I will be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind him.

Personally, I think he is less of a risk than some of the names that have been doing the rounds (like the odious Billy Davies....for one).

i'll not and most of my family and friends won't renew their ST'S this season because we don't trust romanov. if he employs a quality manager and gives him total control over the hearts team great but i think i'll leave it a season. going to matches won't be a problem as i doubt the crowds will be down for quite a while after the damage romanov has done to our team.

scott herbertson

Just like Rix, Valdas and Frail he is far far from the best available and if we look at the managers of the other clubs in the SPL, his track record is no better than Smith,Strachan,McGhee,Levein,Jeffries,Calderwood,Hughes and on a par with McPherson,Brewster,Mixu.

We should know by now what Vlad is like - he does not listen to advice, he will pick the team.

Based on that, I will not be renewing.

Mmmm wins the Hungarian league twice with Ferencvaros and manages a national side, that's his record (leaving aside stuff like managiong in the Champions League and being assistant coach to Lothar Matthaus)

Now let's add up the collective league winning and national side managing achievements of ,McGhee,Levein,Jeffries,Calderwood,Hughes (who he not as good as by your reckoning) and McPherson,Brewster,Mixu (who he is on a par with)

erm......none, nix, zero, ziltsch

I don't think it DOES sum it up - the statement indicated someone preferably with experience of British football - don't remember anyone "promising" a manager with British experience.

I renewed my ST in a period of weakness, given I was as hacked off as anyone else with a lot of the madness at Tynecastle, but assuming this guy is getting the gig I will be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind him.

Personally, I think he is less of a risk than some of the names that have been doing the rounds (like the odious Billy Davies....for one).

Quite right - the infamous (but often misinterpreted) 1/1/8 statement said that we will be appointing an experienced manager, preferably British, who will have sole responsibility for the 1st team. Stevie Fail [sic] confirmed the other day that he and he alone has picked the team since January so theres no reason (for the normal, non-paranoid amongst us) so presume the board are not going to stick by this 100%!

Drylaw Hearts
What again :rolleyes:

Post #12 :)

So......

a glory hunter is someone who attended all the matches when the times were good in 2005/2006 season but has all but given up going to matches because things aren't as good ?

That's a fine description of this man :

_41636602_burleyquit416.jpg

So......

a glory hunter is someone who attended all the matches when the times were good in 2005/2006 season but has all but given up going to matches because things aren't as good ?

:)

You're right JR he did say that but held his hands up.

You said you wouldn't be renewing your ST until we had a manager but you did - and didn't hold your hands up. No, you hid behind your family and blamed them for your broken promise.

You also said Frail would be manager. Do you still think so?

You also said Vlad told you a lie "straight from the horse's mouth" but it wasn't: it depended upon whether Pedro translated it correctly and you don't trust him either.

Guest JamboRobbo
You're right JR he did say that but held his hands up.

So?

You said you wouldn't be renewing your ST until we had a manager but you did - and didn't hold your hands up. No, you hid behind your family and blamed them for your broken promise.

You also said Frail would be manager. Do you still think so?

You also said Vlad told you a lie "straight from the horse's mouth" but it wasn't: it depended upon whether Pedro translated it correctly and you don't trust him either.

None of which I said "I won't post on kickback again if I it doesn't happen".........

Oh, and your not stalking me of course.......:P

Seymour M Hersh
First of all, appointing A. Puppet from Outer Mongolia is hardly the kind of appointment a club with Champions League aspirations should be making. If anything, it is a sign that Vlad has given up on challenging the Old Firm and we are preparing for a future of battles to make the top 6.

Also, he hasn't written off any debt! This myth has the ability to grow arms and legs just like the "Vlad has put xyz of his own money into Hearts!". It is a debt for equity scheme which is totally different.

And this would be who? Ghengis or Kublei?

PresidentRomanov
So......

It is, but to my knowledge, none of the other glory hunters have written ?12million off our debt, while they're staying away :)

So?

None of which I said "I won't post on kickback again if I it doesn't happen".........

Oh, and your not stalking me of course.......:P

Yes but it's all true and you're not in a position to be lecturing anyone. I notice you did not comment on what was said.

As regards stalking, when someone posts nearly eighteen thousand times and 17.000 of these posts are drivel about ONE subject, you don't need to be much of a stalker.

I merely joined the discussion about people renewing, unless maybe I am to be barred from any of the threads you contribute to, which would help your distorted, negative and unbalanced views to prevail.

It is, but to my knowledge, none of the other glory hunters have written ?12million off our debt, while they're staying away :)

One of the easiest accounting exercises ever, none of which came from his own pocket.

Also, to my knowledge, none of the other glory hunters added over ?12m to our debt over the same period before this wee accounting exercise....;)

Drylaw Hearts

72406960.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A68A9EBAFBE97D68B178A0E721FD50B7AE

So we're agreed that VR is a glory hunter then PB ?

Excellent.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes but it's all true and you're not in a position to be lecturing anyone. I notice you did not comment on what was said.

I wasn't gonna dignify your inane drivel by arguing over it.

As regards stalking, when someone posts nearly eighteen thousand times and 17.000 of these posts are drivel about ONE subject, you don't need to be much of a stalker.

How come you just quoted me on 3 different subjects then? :confused:

So......

Funny, but also an excellent point.

Humourously relevant or relevantly humourous.

He thinks about us every hour of every day though, so that's nice

72406960.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A68A9EBAFBE97D68B178A0E721FD50B7AE

Excellent.

tsssssss

ouch. You hot mutha, too damn hot :)

Guest JamboRobbo

Excellent.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Too easy mate.

PresidentRomanov

Excellent.

Attendance wise, yes, but he's still supporting the club financially.

If the other Hearts "fanatics" who are staying away out of so called principle, still paid their season ticket money, say to the youth development, they'd have the same the rspect from me as Mr Romanov has :)

Fact is, they're deserting the club because we've been crap.

Guest JamboRobbo

If the other Hearts "fanatics" who are staying away out of so called principle, still paid their season ticket money, say to the youth development, they'd have the same the rspect from me as Mr Romanov has :)

Is it a fact? How do you know they aren't still giving money to youth development etc?

PresidentRomanov
Is it a fact? How do you know they aren't still giving money to youth development etc?

I think we both know they aren't :rolleyes:

God, you are easily hoodwinked eh!? .... It was just an accounting exercise, that is all.

Drylaw Hearts

And the fact is Romanov didn't want to watch us because we were crap even though he was hugely resposible for us being crap and the ?12million he has wiped off the debt is the ?12million he put on the debt due to sheer incompetence.

Agreed ?

PresidentRomanov
And the fact is Romanov didn't want to watch us because we were crap even though he was hugely resposible for us being crap and the ?12million he has wiped off the debt is the ?12million he put on the debt due to sheer incompetence.

Agreed ?

I think we should be a bit more grateful, that we have someone who can add ?12million on to our debt, then just wipe it off again.

And I've never heard anyone complain when he appointed George Burley, then spent millions on the team, and I'm sure no one will complain if he gives the new manager millions to spend either.

I wasn't gonna dignify your inane drivel by arguing over it.

How come you just quoted me on 3 different subjects then? :confused:

You mean you CAN'T argue over it. And if talking about you is inane drivel, I stand guilty as charged.

Your arithmetic (or can't you understand English?) leaves a little bit to be desired as well. 17000 posts of drivel are on one subject - that leaves alittle bit of scope for other subjects out of your near 18000 total.

I'd prefer it if the glory hunters just stayed away - from everything Hearts related.

So BUM you want rid off your beloved Vlad then.

Drylaw Hearts
I think we should be a bit more grateful, that we have someone who can add ?12million on to our debt, then just wipe it off again.

And I've never heard anyone complain when he appointed George Burley, then spent millions on the team, and I'm sure no one will complain if he gives the new manager millions to spend either.

Of course nobody was going to complain.

But VR quite rightly sat back and took all the adulation going IIRC.

But because we've had 1 good season since he came along does not mean he is forever excempt of criticism - no matter how much of a mess he's making.

If that was the case CPR would not have come in for abuse.

FWIW, I don't care how much the new Manager is given. I've never once criticised VR for not spending more money but I have I've criticised him for the way he's spent the majority money.

The guys who are staying away or holding off are 100% spot on in what they think the problems are.

And fwiw it appears VR agrees with them.

Although I bet it's through gritted teeth.

Well, we did complain about Tall being paid what he was paid and never getting a game

We did complain at the wasted money on having 5 right backs, 8 strikers, 5 wingers etc and generally about having such a large squad without any real strategy behind the signings

We did complain at the money being spent without any return

Where were you?

Question - was it Burley's squad which put us another ?12m in debt, or was it all the unnecessary and overpaid duds which Vlad signed since?

Guest JamboRobbo
You mean you CAN'T argue over it.

I could if I wanted to.

1. I said I wasn't going to get a ST. In the end, I did, cause my bro and dad did, and I want to have a seat beside them. If thats a crime, I plead guilty.

2. I never said Frail would be manager. I said it was a possibility. It was. And it still is. Feel free to prove otherwise. I'm sure you'll have all my posts stored up ready to throw them back at me so it shoudln't be a problem.

3. Yes, Vlad told me a lie straight from his mouth. (Unless Pedro mistranslated). I heard Vlad say it (straight from his mouth). Pedro then translated. So as I said, I heard it, straight from the horses mouth (unless Pedro mistranslated/misrepresented what had just come out of Vlads mouth). What part of that do you find difficult to understand?

And if talking about you is inane drivel, I stand guilty as charged.

Finally a bit of honesty.

Your arithmetic (or can't you understand English?) leaves a little bit to be desired as well. 17000 posts of drivel are on one subject - that leaves alittle bit of scope for other subjects out of your near 18000 total.

It kinda shoots a hole in your "JR only talks about one subject so it's easy to keep track of verything he says without being a stalker" argument though.

Anyway, it's Friday afternoon. Give yourself a wee break. :P

Archived