Will this kick start the rush for Season Tickets

livi

Do you think the appointment of Csaba if it happens will start a rush of season ticket sales.

I'm not sure this was the manager we were expecting so it might be a case of lets wait and see the signings we make before any increase of season ticket happens.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If and, despite all the signs being positive, it is still IF Csaba is unveiled as our manager that won't in and of itself, be enough to convinve me that I should renew my purchase of a season ticket. I will be interested to hear the man himself declare that he, and he alone, will have full control over team selection and tactics and to hear who he intends to bring in to supplement a really very weak squad.

At the start of 2005 we would play Gordon, Neilson, Fysass, Webster, Pressley, Miko, Skacel, Brellier, Hartley, Jankauskas and Bednar...not bad! Now we head into this season with Banks, Neilson, Wallace, Berra, Karipidis, Miko, Driver, Palazuelos, Kingston, Nade and Glenn...with Wallace, Berra, Driver and Nade all rumoured to be subject of interest from other clubs. We need new signings, quality signings and quickly in addition to the right noises from whoever the new manager is before I will renew.

Only a Game

I dont think this appointment will inspire those who have failed to renew to date, to go out and get one tomorrow.

Its an appointment(hopefully)yes, but its hardly of the calibre than anyone really wanted if we're honest. I think he's a huge gamble with not much of a track record and no experience of British football, let alone Scottish. He's done reasonably well for Uganda but they were bound to improve with a bit of even basic European style coaching and organisation, which they had never had up till then. Aside from which. international football does not involve signing players and developing and moulding a squad over a period of time. Basically he's got a group of about 30 players to work with 8 or 9 times a year. If they are decent group he'll do okay, if they're not he's fecked.

Csaba is actually no better qualified than either Weiss or Thordason (except Thordason DID have some limited British experience in his CV.

Having said all that, if he gets 100% control, gets a decent backroom team, including a couple of Hearts men, and he gets the first 5 or 6 signings right, he might well make a decent fist of it.

The 5 or 6 signings he'll HAVE to make will be the thing that gets people renewing now. (or not) If he doesnt get to bring in 5 or 6 of decent quality I'm fearful he'll be gone by Christmas and we'll be starting this whole process again.

We_are_the_Hearts

I will renew once Csaba is confirmed. I wasn't taking the chance of going into the season with something like last years ludicrous set up. The manager has a good track record so Vlad has delivered in my opinion.

Hope my seat next to my mates is still availbale:eek:

PresidentRomanov

I'd prefer it if the glory hunters just stayed away - from everything Hearts related.

I'd prefer it if the glory hunters just stayed away - from everything Hearts related.

I thought you'd left the building!

I dont think anyone will be renewing based on this appointment. I do however think that given a bit of time and results going our way and a decent system and style will defo bring people back, tbh....it's a results business first and foremost but if he can get us playing some decent football along the way, then I am sure we will all hail him as the best thing since Burley.

I hope he is appointed, so this saga comes to an end and the team can move forward. I also hope he is successfull as I want hearts to be successfull.

It all depends on Vlad being upfront and not interefering in selection and tactics. I really hope this can be a new start.

siegementality

Please enlighten me as to how the term "glory hunters" can be used with reference to Hearts.

PresidentRomanov
Please enlighten me as to how the term "glory hunters" can be used with reference to Hearts.

Because our crowds shot up in 2005/06, on the back of a great season, with the promise of more glory to come, and after two poor seasons, they're falling away again - it isn't too hard to work out :confused:

I dont think this appointment will change many peoples mind. We were promised a manager with british experience and it hasnt happened. I think this is a gamble but to be honest it may be one of only 3 or 4 managers who are actually willing to work under vlad.

If he does well and get FULL control of the team, then maybe we will get more interest from better knwon and higher quality managers. At the moment this will have to do

We_are_the_Hearts
Because our crowds shot up in 2005/06, on the back of a great season, with the promise of more glory to come, and after two poor seasons, they're falling away again - it isn't too hard to work out :confused:

Every club has them.

Some folk make promises and stances and stick to them though;)

Some of the folk I know who never renewed are anything but glory hunters. They just felt the enjoyment of following the JTs had gone due to Vlad and his meddling. Hopefully Csaba is a step in the right direction.

PresidentRomanov
Every club has them.

Some folk make promises and stances and stick to them though;)

Some of the folk I know who never renewed are anything but glory hunters. They just felt the enjoyment of following the JTs had gone due to Vlad and his meddling. Hopefully Csaba is a step in the right direction.

Funny how the enjoyment from following the JTs, cioncides with the team not winning :)

They're not glory hunters, they just stopped enjoying going :P

siegementality

So by the term "glotry hunter" you mean people who were more inclined to come and watch Hearts because they were being entertained, fair enough.

Unfortunately for you Romankob wants the "glory hunters", he's even submitted plans to build a nice shiny new stand for them to sit in. It's a bit of a shame as I'm sure you'd have prefered to have had a few rows of seats to yourself. That said with your attitude you probably will anyway.

We_are_the_Hearts
Funny how the enjoyment from following the JTs, cioncides with the team not winning :)

They followed worse Hearts teams. You are just not going to understand or are not wanting to understand.

I wouldn't advise you to go about calling them glory hunters in the flesh though;)

siegementality
They followed worse Hearts teams. You are just not going to understand or are not wanting to understand.

I wouldn't advise you to go about calling them glory hunters in the flesh though;)

Don't worry he wouldn't, he'd have to change his name to sheitybum.

The Real Maroonblood

You will be sorely missed.

:)

I think you may be missing something here! I'm not going to waste my time pointing it out to you. Nevertheless I am sure everyone on this thread and everyone reading is cringing as much as i am for you.

Also on topic, i just find it rather sad that all Mad Vlad has to do is toss us a manager, any manager, and that will be enough to fool everyone again. Another puppet for Vlad to manupulate and then sack. Surely deep down folk will realise Vlad hasn't, and will never change?

Guest JamboRobbo
I dont think this appointment will change many peoples mind. We were promised a manager with british experience and it hasnt happened. I think this is a gamble but to be honest it may be one of only 3 or 4 managers who are actually willing to work under vlad.

If he does well and get FULL control of the team, then maybe we will get more interest from better knwon and higher quality managers. At the moment this will have to do

I think that sums it up pretty well.

PresidentRomanov
Don't worry he wouldn't, he'd have to change his name to sheitybum.

I would, and I would'nt :)

Seymour M Hersh
So by the term "glotry hunter" you mean people who were more inclined to come and watch Hearts because they were being entertained, fair enough.

Unfortunately for you Romankob wants the "glory hunters", he's even submitted plans to build a nice shiny new stand for them to sit in. It's a bit of a shame as I'm sure you'd have prefered to have had a few rows of seats to yourself. That said with your attitude you probably will anyway.

Would the use of the phrase "fair weather fans" stop you whining?

siegementality
Would the use of the phrase "fair weather fans" stop you whining?

Absolutely feck all will stop me whining.

I take it the first h in your user name is a silent one?

Oh yeah, I'm in the queue now for my ticket now, this guy is top drawer with all his experience of British football and his success in Europe.

Ask yourselves this, had we appointed a guy of this calibre straight after Burley was removed, would that have been seen positively by the Hearts supporters. We are all just so desparate having not had a manager since October 2005 that practically anyone will do. The job at Hearts is so unattractive that we have failed to appoint someone working in British football or European football, we've had to go to Uganda to get the guy. Obviously the only place on the planet that hasn't broadcast what an awful owner we have.

Assuming that Csaba takes the job, which in itself is a stretch of the imagination based on previous attempts to get a manager, he will have to get an undetstanding of our league, opponents, our team, bring in a lot of new players release a lot of players and be ready in 4 weeks to take on a team that finished 3rd last year.

PresidentRomanov
I'm sure you would;)

Not backing down from anyone, has always been one of my biggest faults, so I would :)

Anyway, if your mates aren't supporting Hearts anymore, because "the enjoyments gone" then I'm hardly likely ever to see them, so it's all a bit epidemic :)

siegementality
Not backing down from anyone, has always been one of my biggest faults, so I would :)

Anyway, if your mates aren't supporting Hearts anymore, because "the enjoyments gone" then I'm hardly likely ever to see them, so it's all a bit epidemic :)

Failing to grasp the english language must be another of your faults.

PresidentRomanov
Failing to grasp the english language must be another of your faults.

Take a day off :)

siegementality
So you say I'm a sheichter, yet I'm the internet hardman - that's a good one :)

I said you're a sheichter, you said your a hardman, it's one of your biggest faults remember.

PresidentRomanov
I said you're a sheichter, you said your a hardman, it's one of your biggest faults remember.

I said I was a hardman :confused:

There was me thinking you were the one trying to come across as "menacing" :rolleyes:

Guys like you are a dream to Vlad. Can pi$$ all over you and you still can't see past him.

Think the enjoyment stopped a long time ago but this is the stage where folk have decided no more.

Puppet in the dugout playing the rubbish Vlad sends to him. Glad you still get the enjoyment but :rolleyes:

We_are_the_Hearts

Some have got STs, some haven't. Can still attend games without a ST though?

Maybe see you next season then :)

PresidentRomanov
Guys like you are a dream to Vlad. Can pi$$ all over you and you still can't see past him.

Think the enjoyment stopped a long time ago but this is the stage where folk have decided no more.

Puppet in the dugout playing the rubbish Vlad sends to him. Glad you still get the enjoyment but :rolleyes:

Guys like me are a dream to any football club - we're supporters :)

He really pi$$ed all over me on Monday with that ?12million:p

Clerry Jambo
I think you may be missing something here! I'm not going to waste my time pointing it out to you. Nevertheless I am sure everyone on this thread and everyone reading is cringing as much as i am for you.

Also on topic, i just find it rather sad that all Mad Vlad has to do is toss us a manager, any manager, and that will be enough to fool everyone again. Another puppet for Vlad to manupulate and then sack. Surely deep down folk will realise Vlad hasn't, and will never change?

Don't normally agree with you HOG but you may not be far off the mark regarding the manager

PresidentRomanov
Some have got STs, some haven't. Can still attend games without a ST though?

Maybe see you next season then :)

Depends on whether Hearts are doing well or not :)

If we are, I might see you and your gloryhunting mates i suppose :)

siegementality
I said I was a hardman :confused:

There was me thinking you were the one trying to come across as "menacing" :rolleyes:

Menacing, me? oh no, no, no, merely defending myself,.

You just seem to have a very high opinion of yourself and a very low opinion of others, I think I may have identified another of your biggest faults.

Try counselling, it may help you.

PresidentRomanov
Menacing, me? oh no, no, no, merely defending myself,.

You just seem to have a very high opinion of yourself and a very low opinion of others, I think I may have identified another of your biggest faults.

Try counselling, it may help you.

I'm bored with you now.

You're obviously still in a mood, because you never got asked to the meeting last week :P

Seymour M Hersh
Absolutely feck all will stop me whining.

I take it the first h in your user name is a silent one?

Who'd have taken you for having hun loyalties!!!:rolleyes:

Guys like me are a dream to any football club - we're supporters :)

He really pi$$ed all over me on Monday with that ?12million:p

Well when Zaliukas is patrolling the midfield at Parkhead with the midget and Ivaskev on the wings you can sit there knowing ?12m is off the debt :rolleyes:

So would I ..... so, if you could just close the door quietly behind you....

Seymour M Hersh
Well when Zaliukas is patrolling the midfield at Parkhead with the midget and Ivaskev on the wings you can sit there knowing ?12m is off the debt :rolleyes:

And you can chat about to your mates while at fester road watching tattieheids hoofball!

And you can chat about to your mates while at fester road watching tattieheids hoofball!

That's right, forgot the formula.

Negative = Hobo

Very good :rolleyes:

To make our national stadium look respectful, were you not glad to see the glory hunters outnumbering the "real fans" 3/1 at Hampden in May 06?

Supporters will flock back once we establish another sell-able product on the park.

Football is a form of entertainment. Tynecastle is where I love going to be entertained, no entertainment, then my cash stays in my back pocket, simple really.

My seat in the Roseburn stand or our brand new one awaits me when we start winning again, till then, see ya! :wavey:

First of all welcome back

I need to know from a proper fan if I can consider myself a proper fan and if I can?t consider myself a proper fan from a proper fan what kind of fan am I.?

1) Never held a season ticket (don?t know what the fuss is about)

2) Watched HMFC most games 1968 ? 1980

3) Moved 275 miles from Tyncastle and done my part for humanity by getting married and having children, therefore working long hours to support them.

4) Because of the above I haven?t managed to get to as many games as I would like to have.

5) Moving back to Edinburgh and as I done before I moved I will pay at the turnstile.

As a matter of interest when did all this season ticket thing become the norm to be a proper fan?

We_are_the_Hearts
Depends on whether Hearts are doing well or not :)

If we are, I might see you and your gloryhunting mates i suppose :)

What an annoyance you are. The likes of you deserve everything that comes their way. Not wasting any more time on a no mark like yourself. The fact you are still posting here say's everything about the man you are.

Archived