Cade

Another underdog team deciding to try playing with 10 men early on into the second half.  :vrface:

The big teams in this tournament have been absolutely rotten.  Cameroon yesterday should have been shooting on sight, just aiming at the corners, but instead struggled against the 10 men of a team 80 places below them in the rankings. 

Senegal are apparently the 20th best team in the World according to current rankings, but seem to be making very little progress against the 10 men of Cape Verde, an island with a population similar to that of Edinburgh.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• tian447

• Mikey1874

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Keeper needs to go to feckin hospital, not be staggering around the place fighting his own team mates 

:wtf:

He'll have time now that he's been sent off.... 

Red card for a clash of heads, didn't look all that much in it.  Accidental, both players clearly going for the ball.

Cape Verde might be ****ed, especially if they hold out until extra time.  Their players will be knackered!

This game is becoming a bit of a farce, Cape Verde players not happy about.... well, something, no idea what.

Waiting for VAR confirmation of the goal, not sure what they could find to rule it out, but we're still waiting.

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

He'll have time now that he's been sent off.... 

Red card for a clash of heads, didn't look all that much in it.  Accidental, both players clearly going for the ball.

The keeper came flying out of his area like Superman, which may have swayed the ref.

Either that, or it was a sending off for fighting his own team-mates after he came round.

Just now, Cade said:

What the shite are they checking VAR for?

Senegal player lands about 6 inches away from the Cape Verde defender who falls over as if his legs have exploded.

Goal stands.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

The keeper came flying out of his area like Superman, which may have swayed the ref.

Either that, or it was a sending off for fighting his own team-mates after he came round.

That's the only reason I can see for it.  He doesn't lead with his legs or arms, and is entitled to challenge for the ball, and Mane actually appeared to be fine (looks like he's coming off now though).

The issue is, just because you're entitled to go for the ball doesn't mean jack shit if you don't get the ball :lol:   Especially when an attacker is bearing down on goal, and you're out of your box.  Definitely denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Shame for them, because that's their tournament over thanks to 2 needless red cards.  The first was accidental as well.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Sickening clash of heads there.

i've not been watching but they are saying mane was concussed. there need to be serious questions asked about their head injuries procedure if that is the case. if so mane should have been subbed at the same time the keeper got the red, not stay on to score

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i've not been watching but they are saying mane was concussed. there need to be serious questions asked about their head injuries procedure if that is the case. if so mane should have been subbed at the same time the keeper got the red, not stay on to score

Aye the entire event was strange.

Keeper trying to fight off his own team-mates, determined to stay on even though he kept collapsing!

Mane should have been forced off too, he was out cold for a few seconds as well.

Malinga the Swinga

Maybe they might consider playing these games on a pitch that has grass growing on it, instead of a ploughed field.

Any of you fine fellows fancy doing me a favour and rewinding the Tunisia game to the 62.00 to 62.59 minute and telling me if a corner was taken in this timeframe?

Bet365 says yes but my bookie says no.

A pm would be much appreciated.

Superb.

Tunisia surprise everyone and knock Nigeria out in the previous round, and Burkina Faso surprise everyone in this round and knock Tunisia out.

We're running out of underdogs :lol:  I wonder if Equatorial Guinea can send Senegal home tomorrow (unlikely, but who ****ing knows with this tournament!) 

Egypt's keeper off injured.
The same 2nd choice guy that was the penalty shootout hero in the last round.

This their 3rd choice boy on now.

22 year old laddie.

Edited by Cade

That counter attack was offside, surely.    Crossed the halfway line, Keepers behind the play, Egypt pass it forward to player in offside.  No flag 😔 

It kind of disappoints me that countries all around the world have anthems based on European anthems in terms of the music. It would be really cool if they had anthems based on their own traditional music.