Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

6 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

With the st Johnstone and hibs games moved to Tuesdays I take it the likes of the Talbot game on the 22nd and the Celtic game on the 26th remain as they are?

Yeah, working around the existing fixtures.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, working around the existing fixtures.

Ah not too bad, will be a hectic few weeks but at least we should have beni and Boyce back to full fitness for the derby now 

I get that Rangers and Celtic are still in Europe so might lack slots to catch-up on games, but there is no good reason for Hearts v Ross County not to be rearranged for a week of European fixtures.

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - winter break brought forward ( updated )
24 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

No fans at all? What a load of shite.

500 fans or no fans.  Massive logistical and costly ballot process or no cost or process at all.

Hearts have made the right decision against a bad scenario put to them.

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I actually think he is in the right here.

He can fling shite at himself. 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

😂😂

Screenshot_20211222-210941.png

Agree with this. Hospitality rules coming in on 27th December so easily could have had events starting from this date

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Agree with this. Hospitality rules coming in on 27th December so easily could have had events starting from this date

difficult one for sure. I’d imagine all hospitality should be honoured but the 3 household rule would mess with it.

1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

No ballot and no fans on the 26th confirmed by the club.

Fair enough. It’s a sham so club quite right 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

😂😂

At least a day and a half after the Scottish Government announcement came out.....why did he wait so long?  Grandstanding from him imho

15 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Could you provide the proof that the NHS is at breaking point? 

It is at breaking point and Thhe other public se tor organisations have been asked to assist with staff including Local Authorities. WHY WOULD ANYONE LIE ABOUT THIS!

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

If the SPFL wanted fans attending they could have postponed the Boxing day games too.

Cormack will be announcing only 300 people attended come Monday anyway.

3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

😂😂

This isn't America, tweeting the Queen doesn't work

:leveinproblem:

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Agreed but surely this should have been sent by the governing body not a member. Directors doing Doncasters job for him.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Gards said:

500 fans or no fans.  Massive logistical and costly ballot process or no cost or process at all.

Hearts have made the right decision against a bad scenario put to them.

That's exactly what I thought.

The SPFL were a tad hasty in bringing in the 500 spectators limit for games played on 26th.   With the latest findings on Omicron just published they could have kept the no cuts to spectators for the 26th and use the time during new winter shutdown to appraise the situation before reopening the league on 17/18 January.  This also gives time for vaccinations.

8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The SPFL were a tad hasty in bringing in the 500 spectators limit for games played on 26th.   With the latest findings on Omicron just published they could have kept the no cuts to spectators for the 26th and use the time during new winter shutdown to appraise the situation before reopening the league on 17/18 January.  This also gives time for vaccinations.

Minor point it was the Scottish government who brought the 500 limit in not the useless spfl 

6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Think it was the SG mate, not the spfl. I agree with Cormack, if we’re shutting down after the 26th, just let the fans in for the last game… we all have to prove we’ve been double jabbed to get in, after all. 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Think it was the SG mate, not the spfl. I agree with Cormack, if we’re shutting down after the 26th, just let the fans in for the last game… we all have to prove we’ve been double jabbed to get in, after all. 

Yep, what was the difference with last night's games?

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Minor point it was the Scottish government who brought the 500 limit in not the useless spfl 

… does sound like something idiotic that the spfl would come up with, mind you!😂

Fozzyonthefence
8 hours ago, number-16 said:

If the SPFL wanted fans attending they could have postponed the Boxing day games too.

Cormack will be announcing only 300 people attended come Monday anyway.

Exactly.  Just sounds like a bit of bitter political points scoring from Cormack again (same as keeping the crowds under 10,000).  I’m sure COVID would take a day off because it’s Boxing Day and people are visiting for Christmas though and isn’t a 500 capacity perfect for Aberdeen this season anyway?

On a brighter note we should have Beni back after the break.  I want him and Dev in midfield at Fester Road.

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed but surely this should have been sent by the governing body not a member. Directors doing Doncasters job for him.

Scottish football should have been knocking down the front door to Bute House. I make no bones about it. I will be gobsmacked if our game against St Johnstone goes ahead on the 18th of January with a normal 17,000 attendance. By playing behind closed doors on Boxing Day, the club are letting everyone know what they think of the 500 attendance figure.

Maroon Sailor

Crazy making the 500 rule come in to effect on Boxing Day.

Just make it in force from midnight in line with the new restrictions with everything else.

I can’t believe we as a club have rolled over and accepted being shafted again.  If you are a hibs or celtic season ticket holder you dont need to worry as you will get to see your team play every home game.  

We have zero back bone

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly.  Just sounds like a bit of bitter political points scoring from Cormack again (same as keeping the crowds under 10,000).  I’m sure COVID would take a day off because it’s Boxing Day and people are visiting for Christmas though and isn’t a 500 capacity perfect for Aberdeen this season anyway?

Apparently Covid took a day off for lastnights games so you never know 

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ron Gordon suggested the ‘compromise’ of playing on boxing day :rofl: aye a wonder why.  Hibs get to play an away game behind closed doors and lose £0.  Whereas we get shafted out of a home crowd. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Shanks said:

Ron Gordon suggested the ‘compromise’ of playing on boxing day :rofl: aye a wonder why.  Hibs get to play an away game behind closed doors and lose £0.  Whereas we get shafted out of a home crowd. 

He was being very helpful though !

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He was being very helpful though !

And we’ve rolled over and had our belly rubbed by him.

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ron Gordon states  in the interest of sporting integrity games shouldn't be played behind closed doors then  suggests some clubs should on Boxing Day, Inc ours but not his 😂

Utterly shafted yet again

Watch us drop points on Boxing Day now .

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Apparently Covid took a day off for lastnights games so you never know 

Or Boxing Day after seeing all the family the day before. 

Maroon Sailor

Ann should write a letter to Ron Gordon thanking him for his very helpful compromise with the festive fixtures.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ann should write a letter to Ron Gordon thanking him for his very helpful compromise with the festive fixtures.

We should send him flowers. 💐

been here before
17 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Few of the “traditional” Hearts fans showing their true colours on this thread 🔴🔵

Oddly enough I thought there was Celtic levels of paranoia in quite a good few of the posts.

58 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I can’t believe we as a club have rolled over and accepted being shafted again.  If you are a hibs or celtic season ticket holder you dont need to worry as you will get to see your team play every home game.  

We have zero back bone

What should we have done?

5 minutes ago, Gards said:

Not agreed to playing the boxing day game behind closed doors.  It’s put us and another 5 clubs at a sporting disadvantage 

Edited by Shanks

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Not agreed to playing the boxing day game behind closed doors.  It’s put us and another 5 clubs at a sporting disadvantage 

That's not just down to us though is it....would have needed an 11-1 vote to cancel Boxing Day games as well....which was never going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

So we should have played in front of 500?

30 minutes ago, Gards said:

The point is Ron the Con has played a blinder here and hung our club and its supporters out to dry 

Fozzyonthefence
55 minutes ago, been here before said:

Oddly enough I thought there was Celtic levels of paranoia in quite a good few of the posts.

I’m not sure even Celtic’s paranoia reaches Rangers’ paranoia levels these days.  

Percival King
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m not sure even Celtic’s paranoia reaches Rangers’ paranoia levels these days.  

Just because someone's paranoid doesn't mean folk aren't out to get them.

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic