*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs. The Rangers Match Thread ***

NB GIN

Hopefully we'll start the game strongly.

Firmly believe that if we get our noses in front it will remain that way.

Heart of Midlothian 2 Rangers (via a clearly offside goal or a very dodgy penalty) 1.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• ScandinavianJambo

• Marvin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH

https://t.co/1BMv2VBFfJ

Provides an injury update on Beni, Boycey and Smith. Talks about Peter Haring, Hearts’ home form, what he expects from Rangers and an interesting point about work rate compared with natural ability. 

Reads appreciated 

Edited by Jamiemac

The Future's Maroon

I thought there was a thread on this but after going through six pages couldn’t find it….simple question - does everyone get checked for covid passport (only asking as trying to get mine through the app but it’s not recognising me)!

The Future's Maroon
8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I thought there was a thread on this but after going through six pages couldn’t find it….simple question - does everyone get checked for covid passport (only asking as trying to get mine through the app but it’s not recognising me)!

please ignore, managed to get logged into website which shows my record of vaccines so all should be good!

been here before
4 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Yep, it’s hard to dislike him. Even after that dive. Was hilarious when he was dressed as Hearty Harry handing out sweets to the bairns at the Wheatfield. Takes his head off and all the bairns threw their sweeties at him 🤣 I like him on Talksport

His cheeky chappy, full of 'hilarious' stories, always up for some top bantz pish makes it very easy to dislike him as an irritating wank.

Funny as **** when Rangers manager though and of course gave us the immortal "walking away" quote. So not all bad.

Edited by been here before

39 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH

https://t.co/1BMv2VBFfJ

Provides an injury update on Beni, Boycey and Smith. Talks about Peter Haring, Hearts’ home form, what he expects from Rangers and an interesting point about work rate compared with natural ability. 

Reads appreciated 

Cheers. Though if you can edit it - "in the sticks" means "in the countryside". You meant to write "between the sticks".

17 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Does that mean you want to go into a home game against Rangers without our main/only striker, Liam Boyce, on the park, and no recognised forward thinking midfielder on the park.

I want our slightly gimpy striker held off until 60’ when their back line will begin to tire, and a very attacking player who has been very good at disrupting dodgy defenses to spend that time breaking them down.

I want Cammy Devlin, an extremely “forward thinking” player, albeit one who can’t shoot to save his life, on to push the midfield forward. The front three plus him and Cochrane are our best combo for breaking down a Rangers back line that’s prone to gambling and getting out of position while counting on their midfield to bail them out.

IveSeenTheLight

I won't be able to watch your game tomorrow.

Good luck though, hope you win against "Rangers" (Klopp knows;))

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

We have to go full pelt tomorrow. A win will cement our 3rd place. 
However the officials will have a big say in it just like the Celtic game. 

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I won't be able to watch your game tomorrow.

Good luck though, hope you win against "Rangers" (Klopp knows;))

Make a ****ing effort mate eh. If you’re going to keep coming on here for a chat you need to watch the games. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Yep, it’s hard to dislike him. Even after that dive. Was hilarious when he was dressed as Hearty Harry handing out sweets to the bairns at the Wheatfield. Takes his head off and all the bairns threw their sweeties at him 🤣 I like him on Talksport

Baffling decision by player and our marketing folk. 

Especially 1 week before the cup final. 

He scored two v us. 

Bizarre doesn't quite cover it. 

The Future's Maroon
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Make a ****ing effort mate eh. If you’re going to keep coming on here for a chat you need to watch the games. 

😂😂

IveSeenTheLight
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Normally would, but life's getting in the way tomorrow.

Grassroots Scottish Cup football to be involved in

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Normally would, but life's getting in the way tomorrow.

Grassroots Scottish Cup football to be involved in

Splash out on sky and record it. May as well spend the cash while oil is still worth something. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I want our slightly gimpy striker held off until 60’ when their back line will begin to tire, and a very attacking player who has been very good at disrupting dodgy defenses to spend that time breaking them down.

I want Cammy Devlin, an extremely “forward thinking” player, albeit one who can’t shoot to save his life, on to push the midfield forward. The front three plus him and Cochrane are our best combo for breaking down a Rangers back line that’s prone to gambling and getting out of position while counting on their midfield to bail them out.

Fair enough. I'd prefer to see us go at it from early on and try and establish a lead that we can then look to at the least hold onto, but hopefully increase as the game goes on. If either method of approach results in a win I most certainly won't complain. If we can win this, if the OF then draw at New Year and we can beat Celtic again when they visit Tynecastle towards the end of January it will make the closing weeks of the season very interesting.

Edited by portobellojambo1

VagabondJambo

Hopefully McGregor is back in goal for them.

Their defence is vulnerable, so I want to see us put it under pressure:

Ginnelly and Devlin are the ones with the energy to hassle and pressurise them, especially McGregor and Goldson, particularly as they strive to play out from the back.

They are vulnerable at crosses, especially McGregor, so I want to see us send some accurate and threatening crosses in for once!

I also want to see Devlin (without being red-carded) get under the skin of Morelos - a few ruffles of his hair will go down well!

Hopefully we have a referee who is fair and doesn’t fall for the diving of cocky Hagi, Morelos, or Kent.

3-1 - Devlin, Boyce (pen), McKay!

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I know you have sorted your technical problem, but to answer your initial question: It depends. No everyone doesn't get checked, but the earlier you go in the more likely it is you will be checked. Saying that the check is a look/glance at your phone screen or paper doc. 

There is a percentage (20% maybe) of the crowd they are meant to check, so they seem to get as many checked as they can early on when there is little or no queuing.

40 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Fair enough. I'd prefer to see us go at it from early on and try and establish a lead that we can then look to at the least hold onto, but hopefully increase as the game goes on. If either method of approach results in a win I most certainly won't complain. If we can win this, if the OF then draw at New Year and we can beat Celtic again when they visit Tynecastle towards the end of January it will make the closing weeks of the season very interesting.

I'm no football manager by any means but I see this as a good game for the "false 9" tactics, because to me Rangers are much weaker defensively on the wings than they are in the middle. Our best chances in the first half are likely to come in the form of wingers cutting in, possibly with the ball at their feet, then maybe looking for back post crosses, rather than build up at the top of the box. I see Gino and Devlin causing chaos in the middle to pull their CHs out of position then having the Gary and Barry wing attack cutting in as a real way to create goals.

After 60' of that their defenders will be pulling wide which will make more room for Boyce's mid-box runs.

I just think we always look more comfortable in the 3-4-3 but against Rangers Moore will really need to move inwards from the wings to help calm the midfield. That probably leads to a little bit of imbalance, as you're probably putting McKay on an island but GMS looking more for overlaps with Cochrane, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Has McCoist converted to Islam?

:whistling:

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I've got a lot of time for Ali. Shi'ite manager. Excellent pundit.

I’m confident about tomorrow. The Rangers just aren’t anywhere near what they were last year. The amount of times they go behind in games is crazy. With the firepower we’ve got and our form at home I’m confident we’ll score a couple. Do that and we will have a great chance with the best goalie in the country behind us.

2-1 JTs

Nick Walsh refereeing

Walsh is yet to send a Rangers player off and has awarded them three penalties, while opposition sides have seen five players sent for early baths and have only been awarded one spot-kick.

Rangers are a funny team.  They don’t strike me as intense, are more calculated and slower in their build up than Celtic. 

As home team we need to test their resolve.  They’ve came back at teams this season after very lacklustre starts to games but maybe that’s a signal for us and what our intentions need to be?

Neilson needs to use the pace available to him, the more determined players willing to do the running.  Ginnelly must start, whether it’s sitting just off Boyce or right beside him.  We can’t just have Boyce coming short to show as that’s his nature, we need someone who looks to put doubt into their heads and wants to run behind. 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Rangers are a funny team.  They don’t strike me as intense, are more calculated and slower in their build up than Celtic. 

As home team we need to test their resolve.  They’ve came back at teams this season after very lacklustre starts to games but maybe that’s a signal for us and what our intentions need to be?

Neilson needs to use the pace available to him, the more determined players willing to do the running.  Ginnelly must start, whether it’s sitting just off Boyce or right beside him.  We can’t just have Boyce coming short to show as that’s his nature, we need someone who looks to put doubt into their heads and wants to run behind. 

All makes sense but Ginnelly worries me. Too many times he’s done nothing. McKay is no slouch, him and Boyce up front for me. 

The Future's Maroon
12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Nick Walsh refereeing

Walsh is yet to send a Rangers player off and has awarded them three penalties, while opposition sides have seen five players sent for early baths and have only been awarded one spot-kick.

And the fact he works for them in some sort of way as mentioned above?!

I’m really looking forward to this tomorrow, due to family illness/issues I have not been to a game for ages….be there tomorrow…just hope there is no scummy Sevco fan near me in the main stand!

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All makes sense but Ginnelly worries me. Too many times he’s done nothing. McKay is no slouch, him and Boyce up front for me. 

Really? Fair dos.    I know more supporters have warmed to Mackay over the last couple of games but beforehand I wasn’t sold.....yet.   He doesn’t have the tenacity for me at times and tomorrow we need that in abundance. 

He’s started to get more on the end of things in the last couple of games , at least in the box, and that’s what he needs to do far more of. 

For me, Ginnelly always looks to get behind. It unsettles players. He’s got a burst and he’s proven he can finish.  As it’s been discussed on other threads, I think there’s more positives outweighing the negatives with our squad now it’s just gauging who’s more ready at the time.  

south morocco
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Think that’ll be the two. Should  be a cracking game with us pressing a high tempo to nick an early goal. Looking forward to it..

Edited by south morocco

south morocco
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Really? Fair dos.    I know more supporters have warmed to Mackay over the last couple of games but beforehand I wasn’t sold.....yet.   He doesn’t have the tenacity for me at times and tomorrow we need that in abundance. 

He’s started to get more on the end of things in the last couple of games , at least in the box, and that’s what he needs to do far more of. 

For me, Ginnelly always looks to get behind. It unsettles players. He’s got a burst and he’s proven he can finish.  As it’s been discussed on other threads, I think there’s more positives outweighing the negatives with our squad now it’s just gauging who’s more ready at the time.  

I like Ginelly too but he’s very inconsistent, would start Barrie Mac Kay  and have Gino an option to get something late on if we are chasing the game 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Fairly certain Robbie will know we will need two goals tomorrow to have a chance of winning - given the likely nature of a penalty. Would be nice if he popped it into his pre-matcher on Sky.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Baffling decision by player and our marketing folk. 

Especially 1 week before the cup final. 

He scored two v us. 

Bizarre doesn't quite cover it. 

If there’s a negative, you’ll find it 👍🏻

On 10/12/2021 at 18:25, jambo-in-furness said:

Considering that refereeing decisions level themselves up,  which corrupt official do we have on Sunday with the directive to level things up by giving the Currants favourable decisions?

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Nick Walsh refereeing

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

And the fact he works for them in some sort of way as mentioned above?!

I’m really looking forward to this tomorrow, due to family illness/issues I have not been to a game for ages….be there tomorrow…just hope there is no scummy Sevco fan near me in the main stand!

This popped up on my  NewsNow Hearts feed earlier today. It is obvious that we have Nothing,  Nada, Nowt to worry about. All we ask for is a level playing field and here is the SFA/SPFL version of it.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-vs-hearts-referee-confirmed-for-crunch-tynecastle-clash/

Nick Walsh the referee who is a PE teacher at a school that Rangers send there youth players too. This is up there with Beaton or Madden as the worst choice we could have been given

20 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Nick Walsh the referee who is a PE teacher at a school that Rangers send there youth players too. This is up there with Beaton or Madden as the worst choice we could have been given

I’d love to see some proper investigative journalism on Scottish officials and their backgrounds.   Would make for interesting reading.   Apparently the linesman who allowed the clearly off side ‘goal’ at Celtic used to be a Celtic season ticket holder.   Not sure if true but examples like that really do challenge impartiality on key decisions! 

17 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Trying to get 2 tickets for tomorrow. Htf do I get them when I can’t remember my reference number ??

Face ID 👍🏻

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Fairly confident for tomorrow. We won't lose.

I'm with you.

It depends though.  If the Sevco fan who is the referee decides to show his true colours, there will be some dodgy decisions against us.

IveSeenTheLight
On 10/12/2021 at 18:25, jambo-in-furness said:

Considering that refereeing decisions level themselves up,  which corrupt official do we have on Sunday with the directive to level things up by giving the Currants favourable decisions?

Decisions are balanced over a season.

For instance, If SevCo are in need of a penalty tomorrow and are awarded one away from home at Tynecastle, to balance out, they’ll get awarded a penalty at home at Ibrokes later in the season.

4 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

Hopefully we have a referee who is fair and doesn’t fall for the diving of cocky Hagi, Morelos, or Kent.

3-1 - Devlin, Boyce (pen), McKay!

Too much to ask.

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Decisions are balanced over a season.

For instance, If SevCo are in need of a penalty tomorrow and are awarded one away from home at Tynecastle, to balance out, they’ll get awarded a penalty at home at Ibrokes later in the season.

See the source image

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, SUTOL said:

I know you have sorted your technical problem, but to answer your initial question: It depends. No everyone doesn't get checked, but the earlier you go in the more likely it is you will be checked. Saying that the check is a look/glance at your phone screen or paper doc. 

There is a percentage (20% maybe) of the crowd they are meant to check, so they seem to get as many checked as they can early on when there is little or no queuing.

Thanks mate, as not been this season I don’t know what to expect…I was going to head early (11:30) but now I might just wait till late late!

Nephew can’t make it, u13 season ticket, was thinking of bringing a mate along to use his ticket, sitting in the wheatfield, will it get flagged up or best just to get him to upgrade? 

Would like to see a back 4. McEneff and Haring playing. Gino too 

Confident we can beat them. They aren’t that good. 

Aribo is a great player (although never turned up at Tynie) and Kent/Hagi/Tavernier/Barisic are always dangerous 

Have to be at it and take chances when they come. 

2 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Trying to get 2 tickets for tomorrow. Htf do I get them when I can’t remember my reference number ??

Someone posted earlier on this thread that he has two for sale.

Some contest this.  Looking at it objectively, they have the best away record in the league and our home form has been very good.  We really should gave won every game at Tynecastle.

If we play to our best, we win.  Sticking with 2-1. Looking forward to it.  Not long now.

I’m very confident of winning this game, just has this feel to it that it’s going to be a cracker, something like 3 or 4-0 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻