*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs. The Rangers Match Thread ***

NB GIN

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Would of been ideal to have Beni, back for this game. But would prefer a 3 in the centre either way. 4-3-3 in attack. 4-5-1 in defence. 

Gordon

Moore. Souttar. Halkett. Kingsley. 

Gino  Devlin Haring Mceneff.  McKay

Boyce. 

That’s the team for me 👍🏽

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• ScandinavianJambo

• Marvin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom line. If this team wants to be taken seriously as a contender it needs to start taking points (at least at home) from the bigot twins. 

Same team that kicked off in the second half against livi for me.

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Moore Haring Devlin Cochrane

Mceneff Boyce McKay 

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is this not a 2 man midfield of Haring and Devlin? I think Rangers have been playing a 4-2-3-1 under Gio, was a 4-3-3 under Gerrard ...

4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 whatever, they still have three men centrally. 

With only 1000 huns in the Roseburn, we have an excellent opportunity to go for the jugular and get all 3 points. We'll have 3 stands full of Jambos whom I'm sure will make plenty of noise & drown out the hun contingent. We'll miss Beni but it shouldn't stop us from winning by a couple of goals. I'm going for 2-0 with another outstanding performance from our Craig inbetween the sticks. 

3 hours ago, Canscot said:

Bottom line. If this team wants to be taken seriously as a contender it needs to start taking points (at least at home) from the bigot twins. 

Taken 4 points already and unlucky not to take a point away to Celtic. Performances against them have been at a good level this season. Issue has been away form in general. 

mickycameron98
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are you new to the game of football?

How? Am I missing something? Has Devlin tucked away a few goals for Hearts without my knowledge. Damn! 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Taken 4 points already and unlucky not to take a point away to Celtic. Performances against them have been at a good level this season. Issue has been away form in general. 

It has, yet our away form is 3rd best. 

Hearts for a win, no problem, at HOME, we can beat anyone in this league, I'm going 2-1 win, with us being 2-0 up, with a very nervy, backs to the wall defending last 20 mins or so.

HHGH 

Gordon

Souttar   Halkett   Kingsley

Smith/Moore   Devlin  Haring  Cochrane

McKay                      McEneff

Boyce ( Gino, Gnando )

No slow start, play well and we have every chance.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It has, yet our away form is 3rd best. 

Which I agree is very good. Point is the reason we are not challenging the OF us not results against them but having 9 less away points than Rangers. FYI I still think we are performing well above expectations. 

Anyone know if the Shandon is open at 9am for this or just the scheduled 10am. 

Edited by Ccjambo1874

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

This is a tough one to call.    Heart says 2-1 Hearts.  Head says 1-1

Yup, 1-1 has a ring to it, Rangers getting an injury time equalizer.

1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

Gordon

Souttar   Halkett   Kingsley

Smith/Moore   Devlin  Haring  Cochrane

McKay                      McEneff

Boyce ( Gino, Gnando )

No slow start, play well and we have every chance.

Maybe Gino starting with GMS and Boyce off the bench, I wouldn't be surprised to see Walker on the bench with Halliday, who will be well motivated. Again, if we're in the game with 15 minutes to go that would give Rangers plenty to think about.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

This is a tough one to call.    Heart says 2-1 Hearts.  Head says 1-1

What about your body, what's that saying? 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup, 1-1 has a ring to it, Rangers getting an injury time equalizer.

Maybe Gino starting with GMS and Boyce off the bench, I wouldn't be surprised to see Walker on the bench with Halliday, who will be well motivated. Again, if we're in the game with 15 minutes to go that would give Rangers plenty to think about.

Boyce will play if fit. 

He's, by a distance our best striker 

Gino will get bullied if up against the rangers centre half's on his own and we'll need to mix it up and go direct. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Which I agree is very good. Point is the reason we are not challenging the OF us not results against them but having 9 less away points than Rangers. FYI I still think we are performing well above expectations. 

Yeah, agreed. 

We need a better team to constantly go to awy games and win tho, we are not quite there yet. 

If we can continue as we are and then improve next season you never know. 

I think we'll get near the league again, but Likley in 2 or 3 years. 

This season was but a pipe dream. 

Nb-If we win all our next 5 home  games and the 2 away I reserve the right to revise that thought 😜

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Canscot said:

Tbf, we've already beaten celtic and drawn at Ibrox. 

If we win this weekend it's the other away points that will have cost us any realistic chance of a title. 

We've also been beaten by a single goal twice at parkhead. 

Not bad, I think most teams take us seriously, we just aren't quite good enough to split the bigots - yet. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, rmreido said:

Hearts for a win, no problem, at HOME, we can beat anyone in this league, I'm going 2-1 win, with us being 2-0 up, with a very nervy, backs to the wall defending last 20 mins or so.

HHGH 

If we play well we can win this, especially if Rangers play like they did at Hibs last week.  They’ve been getting results away from home but generally been unconvincing and often give teams a goal start.  Hopefully we can capitalise on that.

loveofthegame
17 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Would of been ideal to have Beni, back for this game. But would prefer a 3 in the centre either way. 4-3-3 in attack. 4-5-1 in defence. 

Gordon

Moore. Souttar. Halkett. Kingsley. 

Gino  Devlin Haring Mceneff.  McKay

Boyce. 

That would be my team

Need a good start and first half to have any chance, If we do the same as we did against Livi and Celtic we may not be in it at half time against this lot. 

Play well for 90 mins and anything can happen  if we don't I see a defeat unfortunately. 

Rangers have a terrible fan base once they go behind, there's no encouragement they just go silent. Given the fact there's only 1000 of them, an early Hearts goal would be massive.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Rangers have a terrible fan base once they go behind, there's no encouragement they just go silent. Given the fact there's only 1000 of them, an early Hearts goal would be massive.

Good shout. 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Mceneff Boyce McKay

Give McEneff a free role to drop deep to get the ball and make sure Boyce stays up. 

Moore can bomb forward as and when McEneff drops deep. 

Anyone know what time they close the turnstiles? My Sunday amateur team have a big game which is sadly going ahead. Reckon I could get to Tynie for the 2nd half though. Will the stewards still let me in?

1 hour ago, McNelly15 said:

Nick Walsh it says... 

Oh the Nick Walsh that works in Bearsden (how appropriate) - apparently

BRAVEHEART1874
15 hours ago, RobNox said:

Beni still out as far as I'm aware, so need Haring alongside Devlin in CM and I'd go with a 3 in there, with McEneff, basically the formation that played the second half against Livi.

Gordon

Souttar    Halkett    Kingsley

Moore   McEneff   Haring   Devlin  Cochrane

Boyce    McKay

When we are in possession, McEneff to push forward on the right side of attack effectively giving us a front three with Moore and Cochrane pushing forward on the flanks and Haring and Devlin holding the fort in the middle of the park.

I thought McEneff and Moore combined very well on the right flank in the second half at Livi.

Aree with above post about aribo, but this is the team that can win 

14 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

So everyone thinks Moore over Smith.

Has Smith had his day?

Depends on the opposition. No way would I pick Moore over Smith on Sunday. 

AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Same team that kicked off in the second half against livi for me.

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Mceneff Boyce McKay 

This. 

18 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Aribo will need watched carefully, for me he is a top player 

Absolutely. Got that quality to smash one in from distance so got to stop that. 

Gordon 

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Moore

Haring

Devlin

Cochrane

McEneff

McKay

Boyce

subs: Stewart, Smith, Halliday, Woodburn, Gino, GMS, Gnando

2-1 us.  McKay with the first, then a dodgy pen for them.  Woodburn to score the winner off the bench. 

7 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

How? Am I missing something? Has Devlin tucked away a few goals for Hearts without my knowledge. Damn! 

Yes, you are most definitely missing something!

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 whatever, they still have three men centrally. 

Not for me. A 4-2-3-1 is two defensive midfielders and a front 4. 

Gordon

Moore

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

McKay

Devlin

Smith

Cochrane

Woodburn

Boyce

Stewart, Haring, Halliday, Gino, GMS, McEneff, Gnandulliet.

Whatever the line up/set up, we should have enough to win.

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If we play well we can win this, especially if Rangers play like they did at Hibs last week.  They’ve been getting results away from home but generally been unconvincing and often give teams a goal start.  Hopefully we can capitalise on that.

I agree with all who quoted my post that this season we have so far done ok against them but for clarity I was more referring to the not so distant past where our record against them has been abysmal overall. Make Tynie a fortress then build off that by going to Glasgow and at least taking a point. 
👍

Let’s do them!

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not for me. A 4-2-3-1 is two defensive midfielders and a front 4. 

You're arguing the wrong point here. Rangers have 3 central midfielders, whether that consists of 1 DM and 2 CM's or 2 DM's and 1 AM is irrelevant. We can’t go 2 vs 3 in there.

We need to play a 3 man midfield, whether that is 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. We need one pressing the man on the ball and the other 2 man marking Rangers other central midfielders. Rangers spare man should be one of their CB's, we cannot allow them to have a spare man in midfield. 👍

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're arguing the wrong point here. Rangers have 3 central midfielders, whether that consists of 1 DM and 2 CM's or 2 DM's and 1 AM is irrelevant. We can’t go 2 vs 3 in there.

We need to play a 3 man midfield, whether that is 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. We need one pressing the man on the ball and the other 2 man marking Rangers other central midfielders. Rangers spare man should be one of their CB's, we cannot allow them to have a spare man in midfield. 👍

Have you watched them under Gio?