• Cruyff

• ScandinavianJambo

• Marvin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

OMFG man!!! 🙈 

Wind in the attitude! They played a 4-2-3-1 with a 2 man midfield and a 4 man attack last night against Lyon. Midfield 2 of Lundstrum and Kamara. Front 4 of Kent, Roofe, Hagi, Wright.

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Gordon

Moore

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

McKay

Devlin

Smith

Cochrane

Woodburn

Boyce

Stewart, Haring, Halliday, Gino, GMS, McEneff, Gnandulliet.

Whatever the line up/set up, we should have enough to win.

I like the idea, 442.  Haring for Smith. Smith for Mckay, Mckay for Woodburn.   I'd be up for that just to have stability for a while.   The Gino and GMS for Cochrane and Smith.   Woodburn for Mckay maybe or Gnando for Boyce.   

It's crazy but it might just work dammit.   ☺ 

jambo-in-furness

Considering that refereeing decisions level themselves up,  which corrupt official do we have on Sunday with the directive to level things up by giving the Currants favourable decisions?

3 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Considering that refereeing decisions level themselves up,  which corrupt official do we have on Sunday with the directive to level things up by giving the Currants favourable decisions?

image.jpeg.79eb2870d23ad20a558cde12f6408949.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wind in the attitude! They played a 4-2-3-1 with a 2 man midfield and a 4 man attack last night against Lyon. Midfield 2 of Lundstrum and Kamara. Front 4 of Kent, Roofe, Hagi, Wright.

Well, read the post! You've missed the point entirely and arguing with me about 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. 

Whether they play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 is absolutely irrelevant. I'm not even arguing  with you about that.

What I am saying is we cannot play with two central mids when Rangers have 3 central midfielders - WHETHER that Rangers midfield is with 2 DM's and 1 AM in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with 3 CM's, it doesn't matter, they still have 3 vs our 2.

To combat that, we need to play with 3 Central Midfield so that Rangers do not have a spare man in midfield. 

Edited by Cruyff

Stay with the 3-4-3 IMO, Haring and Devlin in the center, Moore and Cochrane on the wings.

GMS, Ginnelly, and McKay up front.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Well, read the post! You've missed the point entirely and arguing with me about 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. 

Whether they play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 is absolutely irrelevant. I'm not even arguing  with you about that.

What I am saying is we cannot play with two central mids when Rangers have 3 central midfielders - WHETHER that Rangers midfield is with 2 DM's and 1 AM in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with 3 CM's, it doesn't matter, they still have 3 vs our 2.

To combat that, we need to play with 3 Central Midfield so that Rangers do not have a spare man in midfield. 

I'm saying they play 2 in midfield now though? The change in formation from 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 is the critical point.

Out of interest who were our 3 midfielders when we played a 4-2-3-1 under Robbie MK1?

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm saying they play 2 in midfield now though? The change in formation from 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 is the critical point.

Out of interest who were our 3 midfielders when we played a 4-2-3-1 under Robbie MK1?

They play with 2 DM's and 1 AM, that equals 3 mate. 👍 

Edited by Cruyff

I'm away over the festive period so this will be my last game of 2021. Any win at all Hearts, either a thrashing or a flukey late winner will suffice.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

They play with 2 DM's and 1 AM, that equals 3 mate. 👍 

Playing 3 DM's and 2 DM's + 1AM is a completely different proposition, mate. Sure it will all become clear on Sunday!

mickycameron98
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes, you are most definitely missing something!

My point is that Devlin hasn't added any goals to his game backed up by the fact he has scored zero goals! And you are arguing this? Thick as mince, honestly.

3 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

My point is that Devlin hasn't added any goals to his game backed up by the fact he has scored zero goals! And you are arguing this? Thick as mince, honestly.

Aye Craig Gordon should add some goals to his game too. Absolute numpty! 

mickycameron98
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye Craig Gordon should add some goals to his game too. Absolute numpty! 

Comparing a goalkeeper to a midfielder. I rest my case.

Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Comparing a goalkeeper to a midfielder. I rest my case.

Devlin's job is not to score goals. I'm sure you can work out the comparison... 

22 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I believe we can beat anyone at Tynecastle.  It will be the hardest test yet but why not ?

2-1 Hearts.  Full house and 2 sections for the Neanderthals will be a huge factor as long as we don’t lose an early goal.

Boyce will be huge - hopefully he makes this

I agree we can take anybody at home , why we can’t replicate this away is hard to understand. 

Burford Jamtart

Keep their full backs occupied, stopping them getting forward and creating overloads.

Our two defensive midfielders sit and spoil.

Play a back four to deny the spaces for their attacks

Crucial our third midfielder to link with Boycie and the wide players.

The usual CG wonder saves and I fancy a 3-1 or 3-2 win.

Play 3-4-3 and we get beat and concede at least 2 in my opinion.

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Stay with the 3-4-3 IMO, Haring and Devlin in the center, Moore and Cochrane on the wings.

GMS, Ginnelly, and McKay up front.

Does that mean you want to go into a home game against Rangers without our main/only striker, Liam Boyce, on the park, and no recognised forward thinking midfielder on the park.

Edited by portobellojambo1

5 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Nick Walsh.

11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I know what you are trying to get at in respect of his main role but it’s any outfield players job to score. That’s the object of the game. 

It’s definitely something he needs to work on given the odd foray into the box we’ve seen from him produce tame efforts.  Otherwise, a terrific player to have on our midfield. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I know what you are trying to get at in respect of his main role but it’s any outfield players job to score. That’s the object of the game. 

It’s definitely something he needs to work on given the odd foray into the box we’ve seen from him produce tame efforts.  Otherwise, a terrific player to have on our midfield. 

I completely disagree. Some players just aren't goal scorers. Think of Brellier for Hearts or Lucas Levia for Liverpool / Lazio. Goals just aren't part of their game. I think Devlin is similar. He'll score one or two while with us but that'll be it. I'm much interested in seeing McKay, Ginnelly etc providing more assist and goals.

mickycameron98

Could be 3 on the bounce against them at tynecastle tomorrow. Wonder when the last time that happened. I'm fairly confident of a result.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

No unbeaten home record for us. 

Hearts 0 Rangers 2.

Booo. 

been here before
14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What about Gordin though? He's scored even less than Devlin.

Anyhow 2-0 home win and Devlin to pick up a booking.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I completely disagree. Some players just aren't goal scorers. Think of Brellier for Hearts or Lucas Levia for Liverpool / Lazio. Goals just aren't part of their game. I think Devlin is similar. He'll score one or two while with us but that'll be it. I'm much interested in seeing McKay, Ginnelly etc providing more assist and goals.

It’s obvious some players will score less than others because of their position and ability but it’s not the mindset I’d want my players, especially  midfielders, to get into. 

I don’t want part of Devlin’s mindset to think he’s not expected to score and can just sit back.  It’s what’s wrong with the game now. He’s got tenacity, pace and the legs to get forward when the opportunity comes, the single minded surprise element. 

At the moment there aren’t enough goals coming from the likes of Mackay as it is.   

34 minutes ago, been here before said:

What about Gordin though? He's scored even less than Devlin.

Anyhow 2-0 home win and Devlin to pick up a booking.

Wage thief ... killing the club with every game that goes by without a goal.

14 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s obvious some players will score less than others because of their position and ability but it’s not the mindset I’d want my players, especially  midfielders, to get into. 

I don’t want part of Devlin’s mindset to think he’s not expected to score and can just sit back.  It’s what’s wrong with the game now. He’s got tenacity, pace and the legs to get forward when the opportunity comes, the single minded surprise element. 

At the moment there aren’t enough goals coming from the likes of Mackay as it is.   

He's going to score an absolute screamer tomorrow now, isn't he?

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's going to score an absolute screamer tomorrow now, isn't he?

There was a video kicking about when he first signed that showed him scoring a great goal from distance. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There was a video kicking about when he first signed that showed him scoring a great goal from distance. 

In a lot of tight games you have to look for goals from  anywhere

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

In a lot of tight games you have to look for goals from  anywhere

Definitely. He’s not going to get many but as a midfielder you’d hope he’ll chip in with a few over a season. 

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

McCoist just declares Tynecastle as his favourite place to play football. Another one.

I've got a lot of time for Ali. Pish manager. Excellent pundit.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I've got a lot of time for Ali. Pish manager. Excellent pundit.

Yep, it’s hard to dislike him. Even after that dive. Was hilarious when he was dressed as Hearty Harry handing out sweets to the bairns at the Wheatfield. Takes his head off and all the bairns threw their sweeties at him 🤣 I like him on Talksport

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Yep, it’s hard to dislike him. Even after that dive. Was hilarious when he was dressed as Hearty Harry handing out sweets to the bairns at the Wheatfield. Takes his head off and all the bairns threw their sweeties at him 🤣 I like him on Talksport

Yeah, seems a decent guy, really affable & personable.

Maybe not the most tactically astute of pundits, i actually think that journalists make better pundits that most ex players, but a good presenter. 

TS breaky is better without that bawheed brazil.

If we had competent referees in this country i'd be more likely to predict a Hearts win. Best we can HOPE for is a draw but i think the officials will have their say so....Rangers 2012 win.

3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I remember that, only thing that stops me from calling him all sorts.

Couldn't believe it Sally McMoist dressed as ,Hearty Harry 

Edited by A.JAMBO