Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Doctor FinnBarr

• Rogue Daddy

• The Gorgie

11 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I would never miss my kids game for a Hearts match 

Never 

As it happens my daughter is captain of her U17s team and it’s the league decider on Sunday. 

Musselburgh Windsor by chance?

willie wallace
28 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Indeed, although these do appear to be unused season ticket seats.

But another "first" has just happened - 40 seats in lower T in the corner next to the Police control area have been released. It's the first time we've ever seen seats in that section opened up for sale to my knowledge.

I have wondered about that this season.

Why would they not   allow fans there.

I just thought no one wanted to sit there.🙄

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

I know because I know people who are in it 😂

That doesn’t mean there are “many” as you suggested - that just means you know a few.  Obviously out of the 19,000 Jambos there tomorrow you won’t have any more of a clue than I do how many are in the OO.  As I suggested, you just made that up!

How many Jambos do you know that are members?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

24 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Indeed, although these do appear to be unused season ticket seats.

But another "first" has just happened - 40 seats in lower T in the corner next to the Police control area have been released. It's the first time we've ever seen seats in that section opened up for sale to my knowledge.

I’ve never understood why that section is generally fan free.

My seats in the main stand for the Celtic game a few seasons ago (when Lafferty scored in the 1-0) were randomly moved there and we had a few medics, officials etc sitting with us - but it was still half empty.

it appears that all available seats are being utilized for this one.

Near 19k crowd?

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That doesn’t mean there are “many” as you suggested - that just means you know a few.  Obviously out of the 19,000 Jambos there tomorrow you won’t have any more of a clue than I do how many are in the OO.  As I suggested, you just made that up!

How many Jambos do you know that are members?

Ok there is no hearts fans in it. Happy?

broxburnjambo
46 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Just noted this. I don't think we've ever seen these released for sale before.

The Royal British legion has 8 seasons tickets in this section which is used to take veterans to games. 

4 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

The Royal British legion has 8 seasons tickets in this section which is used to take veterans to games. 

That's really helpful info, thanks.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Ok there is no hearts fans in it. Happy?

I didn’t say that, I was just picking up on your use of the word “many” which, although can mean different things to different people, I would suggest is misleading and a hell of a lot more than several people you might know. To some it could mean a majority or a large minority and I’m pretty sure it will be neither since it’s very much a minority pastime in this country. 

Personally, I hate getting labelled as a diet Hun so the less Jambos linked to the OO the better.  It’s got **** all to do with football and **** all to do with Hearts.  It really should have **** all to do with 21st century Scotland too.

21 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

I’ve never understood why that section is generally fan free.

My seats in the main stand for the Celtic game a few seasons ago (when Lafferty scored in the 1-0) were randomly moved there and we had a few medics, officials etc sitting with us - but it was still half empty.

it appears that all available seats are being utilized for this one.

Near 19k crowd?

Yes, now that front row H and J are available, along with lower T in the corner, I think very close to 19,000 tickets have been made available for this game.

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I didn’t say that, I was just picking up on your use of the word “many” which, although can mean different things to different people, I would suggest is misleading and a hell of a lot more than several people you might know. To some it could mean a majority or a large minority and I’m pretty sure it will be neither since it’s very much a minority pastime in this country. 

Personally, I hate getting labelled as a diet Hun so the less Jambos linked to the OO the better.  It’s got **** all to do with football and **** all to do with Hearts.  It really should have **** all to do with 21st century Scotland too.

I agree it has **** all to do with football.

10 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yes, now that front row H and J are available, along with lower T in the corner, I think very close to 19,000 tickets have been made available for this game.

I'd love to know the number of tickets sold including those sold twice where those unable to attend have released back to the club.

Back on topic .....lots of new seats have been released 

Roseburn : 97

H: 80

J : 19

Main : 60

Q: 9 

P : 2 

R : 9 

S: 4 

T: 36 

Gorgie : 7

V: 1

X: 4

Y: 2

Wheatfield : 67

A : 11

B : 9

C : 3

E : 1

G 43

TOTAL : 231 

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, novoman said:

Back on topic .....lots of new seats have been released 

Roseburn : 97

H: 80

J : 19

Main : 60

Q: 9 

P : 2 

R : 9 

S: 4 

T: 36 

Gorgie : 7

V: 1

X: 4

Y: 2

Wheatfield : 67

A : 11

B : 9

C : 3

E : 1

G 43

TOTAL : 231 

How many in OO though?

:peepwall:

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

How many in OO though?

:peepwall:

168, but wee Boaby fae Wester Hailes is thinking aboot chucking it. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Ha ha they do

Often.

I make a decision on logistics and the actual game ie it’s importance etc 

At least this Sunday they are kicking off at the same time at the same venue. 😀 In about 8 years of this it’s the first time it’s happened 👍

Brilliant 😃, can’t be easy keeping an eye on two games and maybe your phone for the score. I will give the team a shout for you 👍🏽.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well said 

Thought this was a Dot thread

Some really unfunny irritating guff on here

Anyway good sales so far 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I'd love to know the number of tickets sold including those sold twice where those unable to attend have released back to the club.

I'm not entirely convinced this happens a lot, most people I know who cant go usually give it to a mate, or just don't go.

4 hours ago, tynietigers said:

The OO is different from the masons, the OO are very pro Protestant and anti Catholic ie Rangers fans where I know people of all fan bases and religions that are involved in the Masonic lodge 👍🏻 it’s almost like a huge boys club that help each other out and I know people who used to join thinking it would hopefully get a chance of doors opening in life for them.

You obviously are a member of neither and have no idea of the workings of both organisations going by your assumption. 

21 minutes ago, Largo said:

You obviously are a member of neither and have no idea of the workings of both organisations going by your assumption. 

Ok then 😂 let’s put it this way the OO is entirely different from being a lodge mason 👍🏻

Edited by tynietigers

Wheatfield = 51

A - 8 (all single seats)

B - 6

C - 3 (all single seats)

D - 1

E - 1 

F - sold out

G - 32

Roseburn = 95

H - 69

J - 26

Main = 57

N - sold out

P - 2 (single seats)

Q - 11

Premium - sold out

R - 10 (all single seats)

S - 2 (single seats)

T - 32

Gorgie = 3

V - sold out

W - sold out

X - 1

Y - 2 (single seats)

Z - sold out

Grand Total = 206

13 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Wheatfield = 51

A - 8 (all single seats)

B - 6

C - 3 (all single seats)

D - 1

E - 1 

F - sold out

G - 32

Roseburn = 95

H - 69

J - 26

Main = 57

N - sold out

P - 2 (single seats)

Q - 11

Premium - sold out

R - 10 (all single seats)

S - 2 (single seats)

T - 32

Gorgie = 3

V - sold out

W - sold out

X - 1

Y - 2 (single seats)

Z - sold out

Grand Total = 206

👍🏻 Let’s hope there aren’t any more seats tucked away that are going to be released for sale.

it’s starting to feel like when you’re climbing a mountain and every time you think you’re near the top, you get over a brow and realise there’s loads to go.

1 minute ago, JayTeeJnr said:

👍🏻 Let’s hope there aren’t any more seats tucked away that are going to be released for sale.

it’s starting to feel like when you’re climbing a mountain and every time you think you’re near the top, you get over a brow and realise there’s loads to go.

Very accurate description. Yes we are chipping away at it but I can't see it being a full sell out. 

Ideally we could shift a wee bit more in lower G and lower H and then every section will either be full or almost full. 

Another positive is that loads of people are re-selling seats. This means that they are aware they can give tickets back to the club to sell again and also that means we are making more cash.

3 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

No, the uncle of one!

😀

Sad to say MW coaches let themselves down last week - shenanigans to get the game called off 🙁.

20 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

😀

Sad to say MW coaches let themselves down last week - shenanigans to get the game called off 🙁.

It would have been a nightmare for them to play but.....

Today's teatime numbers:

Main: 58

Gorgie: 4

Wheatfield: 48

Roseburn: 89

LEFT: 199

As as been commented on throughout the day, the club released front row H and J plus lower T seats en masse this morning, swifly followed by a large splattering of ones, twos, threes and fours round every corner of the ground - which appear to be season tickets that are being unused for Sunday's game. That took us back up to 280-ish at that point, and as sales have continued through the day quite a few additional seats have been appearing in various parts of the ground, mainly in 1s and 2s.

FWIW, I reckon we've now had close to 19,000 seats made available for occupation for this match, plus whatever duplicate sales have been made for unused season tickets seats - for which there appear to have been many. How those are factored into the attendance is anyone's guess though.

Edited by JALBO

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Was there no a game where some lad wore an OO sash while in the Hearts end a few years back?

:gok:

Aye, he was in my sons class at school, he was at a house party that I unwittingly hosted. 

I recognized him straight away. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, broxburnjambo said:

Ffs, haven't they been through enough! 😁

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ohhh check you, who are you to decide  what Hearts fans do outwith supporting the club.

4 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Ohhh check you, who are you to decide  what Hearts fans do outwith supporting the club.

Guys like Fozzy as far as i can see  have no real self awareness

Just hate/anger

Anyway  the att come Sunday will be brilliant 

Hackney Hearts
5 hours ago, ericb said:

I'm not entirely convinced this happens a lot, most people I know who cant go usually give it to a mate, or just don't go.

It certainly does. I'm in London, and nearly always release my ticket for resale if I can't make it - but definitely if the game's anywhere near a sellout. 

9 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Lower T has now been released en-masse... Our ticketing system is just plain daft.

I think Jambo Keith needs as much space as possible for his limbering up exercises 😂😂😂… this is where he sits/stands/stretches 👍

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It certainly does. I'm in London, and nearly always release my ticket for resale if I can't make it - but definitely if the game's anywhere near a sellout. 

Just out of interest, how does releasing your ticket work? Do you just let the club know you can't make it? Do you get anything in return? 

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Just out of interest, how does releasing your ticket work? Do you just let the club know you can't make it? Do you get anything in return? 

Why would you want anything in return? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
32 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

In return you get the satisfaction of knowing instead of your seat being empty the club are making a few quid and there's a jambo in your seat supporting the team

11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In return you get the satisfaction of knowing instead of your seat being empty the club are making a few quid and there's a jambo in your seat supporting the team

I also release my seat when it looks like it’s going to be a sell out. However only once have the club (vs Hibs a few years ago) actually requested that ST holders do that.

This would suggest that there are always a few seats held back (hidden) in reserve, this has been confirmed on this thread over last few days with various sections available for sale that normally are not.

I buy my ST to benefit the club and also release it for the same reason!

The only recognition I’d like is for the attendance to reflect that the ticket has been sold twice. [sadly I don’t think that happens].

Imagine Tynecastle Park capacity 20,000 match attendance 20,500 - now that would be recognition!! 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I also release my seat when it looks like it’s going to be a sell out. However only once have the club (vs Hibs a few years ago) actually requested that ST holders do that.

This would suggest that there are always a few seats held back (hidden) in reserve, this has been confirmed on this thread over last few days with various sections available for sale that normally are not.

I but my ST to benefit the club and also release it for the same reason!

The only recognition I’d like is for the attendance to reflect that the ticket has been sold twice. [sadly I don’t think that happens].

Imagine Tynecastle Park capacity 20,000 match attendance 20,500 - now that would be recognition!! 

One things for certain, with these seats being (continually) released, there is clearly demand for tickets. Maybe reduce away allocation for the septic game?

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

An announcement like that would maybe encourage more people to release their ST back to the club if they can't make the game 

48 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

As far as I'm aware you can request the club to give your seat to the Big Hearts charity who will pass it on to a good cause. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Club would be in all sorts of trouble if they announced attendance larger than capacity

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, JALBO said:

Today's teatime numbers:

Main: 58

Wheatfield: 48

Roseburn: 89

LEFT: 199

As as been commented on throughout the day, the club released front row H and J plus lower T seats en masse this morning, swifly followed by a large splattering of ones, twos, threes and fours round every corner of the ground - which appear to be season tickets that are being unused for Sunday's game. That took us back up to 280-ish at that point, and as sales have continued through the day quite a few additional seats have been appearing in various parts of the ground, mainly in 1s and 2s.

FWIW, I reckon we've now had close to 19,000 seats made available for occupation for this match, plus whatever duplicate sales have been made for unused season tickets seats - for which there appear to have been many. How those are factored into the attendance is anyone's guess though.

two beers in the evening count*

Main: 40

Wheatfield: 35

Roseburn: 87

LEFT: 166

* the second  beer being a large bottle of Leffe Brune, accuracy of this count is not guaranteed