Dot Count - Hearts v Rangers | 12th December 2021

JayTeeJnr

29 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yea, maybe not 30 as I said but your idea.

How that works with the Wheat field I'm not sure.

I still see 30k as a possibility... but we would have to be consistently challenging for 1st/2nd place... however, I think, even at the moment, we could accommodate a 25K capacity.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Doctor FinnBarr

• Rogue Daddy

• The Gorgie

36 minutes ago, bigis semiauskas said:

So should be getting over 19k for this then even allowing for section K being empty 

The capacity is only 19300 before 800 seats are lost... 18.5k max

22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

1100 seats lost, 700 in K and 400 in front sections in L and M. Maximum 18000 I would think 

MR INCREDIBLE
37 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

37 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Capacity is 19,850

My last attempt to work out our actual capacity taking into account the tunnel in the Wheatfield, the addition of the TV studio, and changes to the Director's box, lead me to conclude a current capacity of around 19,820.

For the game v Rangers, we loose:

Section K unsold - 580

Section H front row unsold - 28

Section J front row unsold - 28

Section G lower corner seats removed - 16

Section T lower very end section always unsold - 80

End row seats on upper sections of both Main and Wheatfield stands always unsold - 98

Section L front row unsold - 28

Assuming unsold seats in lower M (Rangers) for segregation purposes - 112

Total unused seats - 970

All that taken into account, if my sums are anywhere close to being right, I think the maximum possible attendance for this game is around 18,850, and it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up lower than that for one unknown reason or another.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have to presume no Rangers fans who are in Lyon tonight will be at Tynecastle on Sunday as I presume they will all be waiting on results of their PCR tests. I’m no expert on these tests and timing etc but got to take aPCR and wait for results within 48 hours of returning. I wonder how many will comply with that. Fat chance.

Today's teatime numbers:

Main: 0

Gorgie: 4

Wheatfield: 99

Roseburn: 79

LEFT: 182

A lot of seats popped up around the ground in 1s and 2s today, good to see unused seats being released and subsequently taken.

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Today's teatime numbers:

A lot of seats popped up around the ground in 1s and 2s today, good to see unused seats being released and subsequently taken.

So, Jalbo, in your professional opinion as chief dot counter... is giving sevco a whole lot less tickets a resounding success? Would appear so! 👍 ... maybe we should give them less next time?

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

So, Jalbo, in your professional opinion as chief dot counter... is giving sevco a whole lot less tickets a resounding success? Would appear so! 👍 ... maybe we should give them less next time?

I'm not even an amateur dot counter but definitely a success in my book. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'm not even an amateur dot counter but definitely a success in my book. 

:jambobanana::cheer1::jambobanana::cheer1::jambobanana::cheer1::jambobanana::cheer1::jambobanana::cheer1:

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's an undoubted success - we'll have filled the available seats, and have gotten lower G back into service into the bargain.

More importantly, as a Hearts fan, replacing Old Firm fans at Tynecastle with our own is something I, and probably most others, have wished for countless times when we've played them. Long may it continue.

Considering the time of year where many folk's budgets are stretched this is an excellent effort. 

If we persevere with this it will become the normal and people who want to go will be able to plan the costs in advance. 

Maybe the club might consider an "Old Firm" only ticket package for "walk up" fans at a discounted rate purchased in advance (say at the start of the season). 

Reducing the number of these scummy fans will make the experience much more palatable for us Jambos. 

50 minutes ago, beaver said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have to presume no Rangers fans who are in Lyon tonight will be at Tynecastle on Sunday as I presume they will all be waiting on results of their PCR tests. I’m no expert on these tests and timing etc but got to take aPCR and wait for results within 48 hours of returning. I wonder how many will comply with that. Fat chance.

I got a PCR result within 24 hours a couple of weeks ago.

I feels like we’re not far away from being able to regularly fill three stands plus three sections of the Roseburn with our own fans.

Other than derby games, two sections for away fans, that includes any necessary segregation. Old Firm treated the same as everyone else at Tynecastle. Just like they do with opposition fans at their grounds. Nice 😊

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

It's an undoubted success - we'll have filled the available seats, and have gotten lower G back into service into the bargain.

More importantly, as a Hearts fan, replacing Old Firm fans at Tynecastle with our own is something I, and probably most others, have wished for countless times when we've played them. Long may it continue.

Absolutely 👍

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

I know 5 ST holders who won’t get there due to kid’s football 

Anyone who misses this to take their kids to football needs to have a serious word with themselves and I speak from experience,  they miss their footy or someone else takes them, the end  

16 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

The club posted earlier that there was just over 400 tickets left. Did some more get released 

Yes, they said less than 400 left, but I think they'd forgotten to come on to 'kickback first to check the up-to-date count..... 😂

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

That's a job for mums. There's the problem with womens football. They start playing a man's game,get all up themselves with equality, then who looks after the kids? Dads is the answer,good Jambo blokes with season tickets. World's gone mad. Its the kids I feel for.

28 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

What's the number for the grassline if I spot some Huns that need ejecting? 

A one-two combination followed by a head butt.

3 hours ago, JALBO said:

Today's teatime numbers:

Main : 0

Gorgie : 2

Wheatfield : 80 

Roseburn : 74 

LEFT : 156 

26 sold since last count 3 hrs ago 

Edited by novoman

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

If they definitely can't make it will they put their tickets up for

re-sale ? 

Forever Hearts
54 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

What's the number for the grassline if I spot some Huns that need ejecting? 

As if you don't know it.....😂

Definitely need to get a bit more creative with how to segregate fans in the Roseburn Stand and not to lose so many seats.

I don't think a line of stewards is the answer either.

A moveable perspex divider?

Although I don't really want to think about what some Glasgow clubs fans might smear on it?

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, JayTeeJnr said:

I feels like we’re not far away from being able to regularly fill three stands plus three sections of the Roseburn with our own fans.

Other than derby games, two sections for away fans, that includes any necessary segregation. Old Firm treated the same as everyone else at Tynecastle. Just like they do with opposition fans at their grounds. Nice 😊

Derby should be same imo

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

If we did this tho then Hibs wouldn’t give us the full away end

We should be getting more than a full stand at Easter Road the way their attendances sliding.  

2 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Derby should be same imo

no no no.

full away ends at both grounds should never be changed. Best memories are being at the piggery and winning. Never want to miss these. 
Thankfully Hibs feel the same.

Look at the state of the old firm games , we are better than that

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

We should be getting more than a full stand at Easter Road the way their attendances sliding.  

🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Definitely need to get a bit more creative with how to segregate fans in the Roseburn Stand and not to lose so many seats.

I don't think a line of stewards is the answer either.

A moveable perspex divider?

Although I don't really want to think about what some Glasgow clubs fans might smear on it?

Surely only need a netting and a couple of rows of stewards either side? 

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

no no no.

full away ends at both grounds should never be changed. Best memories are being at the piggery and winning. Never want to miss these. 
Thankfully Hibs feel the same.

Look at the state of the old firm games , we are better than that

But you are ok with Hearts fans missing the home derby? Not every Hearts fans that attends vs sevco on Sunday will be able to get a ticket if hibs get whole stand.

If they restrict our attendance at ER, so be it.

It would come down to LPs, like every other time the demand outstrips availability.

3 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

But you are ok with Hearts fans missing the home derby? Not every Hearts fans that attends vs sevco on Sunday will be able to get a ticket if hibs get whole stand.

It would come down to LPs, like every other time the demand outstrips availability.

Totally agree

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

That's a job for mums. There's the problem with womens football. They start playing a man's game,get all up themselves with equality, then who looks after the kids? Dads is the answer,good Jambo blokes with season tickets. World's gone mad. Its the kids I feel for.

1 hour ago, sac said:

A one-two combination followed by a head butt.

This one-two gave me a chuckle🙂

9 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Great post 

north wales jambo
11 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Couldn’t agree more.. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

As if you don't know it.....😂

Did you manage to get a ticket? 

31 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

didn’t say I’m ok with hearts fans missing it.  It’s a long standing agreement that both Edinburgh clubs have.  I realise we are sellling a lot of tickets this season but that’s not always been the case. I don’t know if you go to the away derby but we fill our end so I’m not really ok if half miss out. Season ticket holders at that.  Like most successful clubs if you want to guarantee a ticket for home games then a season ticket is the best way to guarantee that. I obviously understand that not everybody can afford to do that though, but that’s the drawback of having the capacity we have. 
no issues with giving the old firm nothing as the way they treat us and every other club is awful.

Edited by 1971fozzy

32 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

You are absolutely correct. If we could sell season tickets for the Roseburn then ideally the minimum allocation is then reserved for opposition fans. Hibs could exercise a similar policy but doubt it would ever materialise.