Dot Count - Hearts v Rangers | 12th December 2021

JayTeeJnr

AlphonseCapone
17 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

What we need to be doing is reporting seat numbers of obvious huns and making sure the club takes action on the clowns supplying them. I'm in Upper Roseburn and have absolutely no doubt there will be more than a few around me.

Absolutely. There will be quite a few on our systems for whatever reason that have probably managed to get themselves tickets so reporting the seat number to the club will hopefully see them removed from the system for future games. 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Doctor FinnBarr

• Rogue Daddy

• The Gorgie

48 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Absolutely. There will be quite a few on our systems for whatever reason that have probably managed to get themselves tickets so reporting the seat number to the club will hopefully see them removed from the system for future games. 

Unfortunately the system is pretty easily gamed as you just need to buy a bronze seat for a Cat B game and you have a buying record.

AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Unfortunately the system is pretty easily gamed as you just need to buy a bronze seat for a Cat B game and you have a buying record.

I remember a few years ago we were selling directly to them, would that have required them going on our systems? Or presumably and hopefully we had a way to prevent that. 

Lets face it you will have a few of that mob in the Hearts ends

Not enough for  them to give it big licks

Smash then and rub it in when celebrating 

As the silent minority suffer 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Generally invited as someone’s guests. 

Which is surely the hosts prerogative. I have been to hospitality at Spurs and Liverpool and did not disguise my allegiance. Great nights. 

Just now, Sir Craig Gordon said:

I think a full section is roughly 800 seats.

Just now, Lido said:

About 650/700

Thanks for this. Not too bad then since we are looking like a sell out. I was worried this would backfire financially 

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Lets face it you will have a few of that mob in the Hearts ends

Not enough for  them to give it big licks

Smash then and rub it in when celebrating 

As the silent minority suffer 

I mind the 4-1 Cathro game, there was a fella next to me in the front row of N, dressed head-to-toe in blue, blue phone, blue trainers, didn't know many of the Hearts' team names, very muted applause for each Hearts goal. I made sure to raucously celebrate every goal with/at him. Back slaps, high fives, roaring in his face, the lot.

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I mind the 4-1 Cathro game, there was a fella next to me in the front row of N, dressed head-to-toe in blue, blue phone, blue trainers, didn't know many of the Hearts' team names, very muted applause for each Hearts goal. I made sure to raucously celebrate every goal with/at him. Back slaps, high fives, roaring in his face, the lot.

Quality mate 

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Which is surely the hosts prerogative. I have been to hospitality at Spurs and Liverpool and did not disguise my allegiance. Great nights. 

Correct. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Isn't mixed crowds the norm in hospitality? 

In my experience yes. We rarely sell out hospitality and if we ever do start doing so we have bags of unused space in the new stand if we need to expand capacity. We should welcome anyone to hospitality unless they abuse the privilege. Which I have never seen anyone do.

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In my experience yes. We rarely sell out hospitality and if we ever do start doing so we have bags of unused space in the new stand if we need to expand capacity. We should welcome anyone to hospitality unless they abuse the privilege. Which I have never seen anyone do.

Reading on recently our hospitality has been strong

Great sstuff

portobellojambo1
34 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thanks for this. Not too bad then since we are looking like a sell out. I was worried this would backfire financially 

Someone had a picture of the seating plan for the Roseburn Stand on their phone on Sunday and we were looking at it in the club prior to the game on Sunday. There were an awful lot of empty spaces still available in the Roseburn at that time, so either the database hadn't been updated for a while or we have shifted an awful lot of seats since Sunday evening.

16 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Someone had a picture of the seating plan for the Roseburn Stand on their phone on Sunday and we were looking at it in the club prior to the game on Sunday. There were an awful lot of empty spaces still available in the Roseburn at that time, so either the database hadn't been updated for a while or we have shifted an awful lot of seats since Sunday evening.

On Sunday morning, there were around 500 seats left in the Roseburn. It's now a little over 200, so sales have been good in the last 2 or so days.

4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

As I said two at my table don't get this hatred of them to be honest, both great lads.

Plenty mates of mine are Rangers fans. Good lads, but it really doesn't take a genius to figure why they're hated.

I think people have to realise that businesses pump a hell of a lot of money into Hearts by taking hospitality and entertaining their customers, regardless of who they support. 

41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Gorgie Suite is sold out for the foreseeable. Not sure about the Main Stand suites but we must sell more hospitality now than ever before, and with capacity for growth if/when required.

I'm another who has been in mixed support hospitality groups and never encountered a problem. Probably even adds something to the occasion.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You've clearly never seen me in hospitality FA

29 minutes ago, pablo said:

The Gorgie Suite is sold out for the foreseeable. Not sure about the Main Stand suites but we must sell more hospitality now than ever before, and with capacity for growth if/when required.

I'm another who has been in mixed support hospitality groups and never encountered a problem. Probably even adds something to the occasion.

I would like us to offer more hospitality options for strongbow boxes similar rather than the premium type

Edited by Newton51

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

:rudiyas:

Francis Albert
56 minutes ago, pablo said:

I feel a bit sorry for those who did not experience the terraces before segregation. 35000 on New Year's Day with half bottles passed around with no discrimination between Hearts or Hibs fans. Loved it. 

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I feel a bit sorry for those who did not experience the terraces before segregation. 35000 on New Year's Day with half bottles passed around with no discrimination between Hearts or Hibs fans. Loved it. 

That was real hospitality in the true meaning …

‘the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
"Hearts are renowned for their hospitality"’

♥️H♥️H♥️G♥️H

Gimme an H...

Any whispers of pubs opening early doors?

Time does 1874 open for early KOs?

Edited by Gimme an H...

8 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Any whispers of pubs opening early doors?

Time does 1874 open for early KOs?

Someone mentioned 10am earlier.

Main: 0

Gorgie: 6

Wheatfield: 25

Roseburn: 201

40 sold since last count 7 hours ago.   

There's 3 pairs of seats in the Wheatfield available just now, Section B front row. I guess they were released by folk.   I didn't notice them before. 

It's on the telly here again.  Two games in two weeks.  1.00am kick off.  That's a challenge but I'm up for it.

2-1 Hearts.

10 hours ago, pablo said:

hospitality for this game has been sold out for 2 months 

Big decision coming up for Hearts this morning about whether or not to release half of Section K.

If it's decided that the entire section will be used as a segregation buffer, the club needs to quickly think of a credible segregation plan for the Roseburn going forward... Presumably sound kind of permanent barrier.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Big decision coming up for Hearts this morning about whether or not to release half of Section K.

If it's decided that the entire section will be used as a segregation buffer, the club needs to quickly think of a credible segregation plan for the Roseburn going forward... Presumably sound kind of permanent barrier.

Maybe they think the whole of K is a credible segregation plan when the OF are in town How many seats do you expect a permanent barrier to take away?

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe they think the whole of K is a credible segregation plan when the OF are in town How many seats do you expect a permanent barrier to take away?

Considerably less seats than a G4S tarpaulin. An entire section is complete overkill relative to the segregation in place when we go to Ibrox.

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Considerably less seats than a G4S tarpaulin. An entire section is complete overkill relative to the segregation in place when we go to Ibrox.

And what happens when we want to change the segregated configuration for smaller teams and/or European games? And then there’s when we have poor seasons where we struggle to sell tickets. How does a permanent solution impact sight lines?

Not convinced a permanent solution is the answer. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And what happens when we want to change the segregated configuration for smaller teams and/or European games? And then there’s when we have poor seasons where we struggle to sell tickets. How does a permanent solution impact sight lines?

Not convinced a permanent solution is the answer. 

Maybe a middle ground between permanent and a G4S tarpaulin then, with the flexibility to reposition.

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Maybe a middle ground between permanent and a G4S tarpaulin then, with the flexibility to reposition.

a smaller tarpaulin?

MR INCREDIBLE
7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

More seats released in S and X

Yeah..Keep hearing that hospitality is sold out!

Obviously not !!!!!

15 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Still comes to about £20k. If the seats scattered around the ground are sold, probably will cancel this out. Totally believe it’s the right thing to do though 

The club have now decided to release the 120 seats in Lower G that have not been made available for sale for a number of years. That feels like quite a shift in club policy - but a welcome move in the right circumstances I feel.

Just now, JALBO said:

The club have now decided to release the 120 seats in Lower G that have not been made available for sale for a number of years. That feels like quite a shift in club policy - but a welcome move in the right circumstances I feel.

A welcome move but previous policy was plain daft.

3 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Do you know why those seats haven't been sold in the past?  I noticed they were mostly empty when I was up for the Dundee Utd and St Mirren games

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

A welcome move but previous policy was plain daft.

My recollection is that, several years ago, the club took a dim view of activities that were deemed to have taken place in that section. They stopped all ticket sales in lower G, and did not make seats available for season tickets, except for those who already held season tickets in that area.

I suppose the only surprise is why they have opened sales now, in a high profile game versus Rangers, when they could have trial-ed the reopening during a Cat B fixture. However, I think it's a welcome move all the same.

6 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Do you know why those seats haven't been sold in the past?  I noticed they were mostly empty when I was up for the Dundee Utd and St Mirren games

...I pretty much just answered this - see my reply to @David McCaig