FAO: those who claim Salmond is a Hearts fan

Therapist

"Several" times over the last "dozen years". As opposed to "many times a season".

As I said, I go to the games with 20 people. I know many many more regular attenders outside that inner circle. None of them can recall even seeing the Smug One at Tynecastle.

If you put your evidence - which is extremely flimsy - against our evidence in a proper court of law, the only conclusion that could be reached would be that Salmond is no Hearts fan. Case closed. :)

I have stopped going to away matches now haven't been for a few years and apart from Contalmaison my European trips have been non-existant for 20 years am I about to be "PROPER COURT OF LAW " declared a non-jambo too?. Come to think of it I have never seen you at Hearts matches.......... are you a non jambo too? QED

or is it just your eyewitness accounts that count? in which case... Give in , I am not a jambo added to which going on 40 years ago you would have seen me at Easter road almost as often as at Tynecastle (it's what we did back then my hibbie pals would say similar School Rugby first thing, BB football at lethem midday and whichever home game was on in the afternoon. a halcyon saturdays of my youth) so I am off to top myself as a unworthy. Hope you can handle the guilt, hope you find your conscience

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog

Hillarious Therapist and his 20 mates of the Salmond inquisition patroling the stands of tyinie searching for fat eck ,stopping kids at the hotdog trolly ," hey young ain have you seen Salmond ?" the kid "nope not me " "thats right and you have never seen him here ok!"

Hillarious Therapist and his 20 mates of the Salmond inquisition patroling the stands of tyinie searching for fat eck ,stopping kids at the hotdog trolly ," hey young ain have you seen Salmond ?" the kid "nope not me " "thats right and you have never seen him here ok!"

One can always tell when an opponent has lost an argument because they revert to silliness in an attempt to show they're not that bothered about being beaten. :)

Incidentally "brownkg", I would never dream of accusing you of not being a Hearts fan. I trust this helps and allows you to sleep easily tonight. ;)

Denny Crane
One can always tell when an opponent has lost an argument because they revert to silliness in an attempt to show they're not that bothered about being beaten. :)

Incidentally "brownkg", I would never dream of accusing you of not being a Hearts fan. I trust this helps and allows you to sleep easily tonight. ;)

But your argument is silly in the first place hence some folk here can't help but chuckle at your subsequent justification for Salmond not being a Jambo.

@the rest of JKB

I vaguely recall Salmond being interviewed by the now-defunct club magazine the Jambo around a decade or so ago. Does anyone still have that edition and access to a scanner so that we can further investigate Therapist's renactment of the Arthur Miller play, The Crucible?

heartgarfunkel
"Several" times over the last "dozen years". As opposed to "many times a season".

As I said, I go to the games with 20 people. I know many many more regular attenders outside that inner circle. None of them can recall even seeing the Smug One at Tynecastle.

If you put your evidence - which is extremely flimsy - against our evidence in a proper court of law, the only conclusion that could be reached would be that Salmond is no Hearts fan. Case closed. :)

lol you troll, I've not stalked Salmond in person at Tynecastle, and suggest you desist from stalking him in cyberspace!

wibble, wibble;)

• 2 weeks later...
Independence
Utter nonsense.

Therapist, how old are you?

I am guessing at 12 years!

Your comments on Kiclback are the most childish comments ever read.

Alex Salmond is a Hearts fan and for many years a true Hearts supporter. FACT.

So he likes the Proclaimers, so what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and you wont like this but

he is also the leader of the most popular party in Scotland who have just recorded yet another superb victory in Glasgow. Get used to it!!!!

Therapist, how old are you?

I am guessing at 12 years!

As usual, you're completely wrong. At least you're consistent though. :)

I vaguely recall Salmond being interviewed by the now-defunct club magazine the Jambo around a decade or so ago.

That proves nothing. Loads of non Hearts fans were interviewed by "The Jambo".

Take a look at The Smug One's face when he hands the Scottish Cup over to ra sellik, then tell me if he's a Hearts fan. :rolleyes::mad: :mad: :mad:

Denny Crane
That proves nothing. Loads of non Hearts fans were interviewed by "The Jambo".

Take a look at The Smug One's face when he hands the Scottish Cup over to ra sellik, then tell me if he's a Hearts fan. :rolleyes::mad: :mad: :mad:

And that's your proof!!? :rolleyes:

Very good Dave, but in this case we know the facts. And they are numerous and concrete enough to stand up in a court of law. ;)

davemclaren
Very good Dave, but in this case we know the facts. And they are numerous and concrete enough to stand up in a court of law. ;)

:wacko:

Therapist, you used to post as someone else till you got banned. you were not of of sound mind then, as you are not of sound mind now, with your infantual argumments and statements. You and you're twenty "mates" are a lot of what is wrong with the parochial support in Scottish football. We do not want to be part of the poison which is part of being an OF supporter.

jt

Therapist, you used to post as someone else till you got banned. you were not of of sound mind then, as you are not of sound mind now, with your infantual argumments and statements. You and you're twenty "mates" are a lot of what is wrong with the parochial support in Scottish football. We do not want to be part of the poison which is part of being an OF supporter.

jt

No offence JT, but is infantual actually a word? :wacko:

infantual argumments

Thanks for your good wishes, but could you explain what this phrase means? I can't find any reference to it in the Oxford English Dictionary. Until you clarify this, I regret I am unable to respond.

Thanks for your help. :)

I think he meant infantile, certainly a lot more fitting than the word he did use. :P

MacDonald Jardine

Infantile is.

I can't believe this is still running.

Thanks for your good wishes, but could you explain what this phrase means? I can't find any reference to it in the Oxford English Dictionary. Until you clarify this, I regret I am unable to respond.

Thanks for your help. :)

Infantual, childish in the extereme, may not be a word in your world, but to me describes the content of your debate. So, so easy to be pedantic about these things through use of Google ect.... Oh look you are factually wrong, nah, I don't care, about you or your beliefs. Something 100 wasn't it?

Infantual, childish in the extereme, may not be a word in your world, but to me describes the content of your debate. So, so easy to be pedantic about these things through use of Google ect.... Oh look you are factually wrong, nah, I don't care, about you or your beliefs.

Are you David Brent?

Are you David Brent?

I don't do spurious googles, so have no idea who, or what you are talking about:wacko:

I don't do spurious googles

Your signature would suggest otherwise. :rolleyes:

Your signature would suggest otherwise. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, if you want to talk about pens, you have my undivided attention:p

coppercrutch
Alex Salmond is a JAMBO and a good guy, FACT.

I would accept point one.

As for point two.....:rolleyes:

The guy is a nobber. Probably one of the most arrogant smug gits I have ever seen. People should be able to see that whatever their political persuasion.

shaun.lawson
I would accept point one.

As for point two.....:rolleyes:

The guy is a nobber. Probably one of the most arrogant smug gits I have ever seen. People should be able to see that whatever their political persuasion.

Um, coppercrutch - no offence, but I used to think you were pretty arrogant in how you came across on here. I've now been happily disabused of such a notion - but in any case, it's pretty naive to assume how someone might come across in public is the same as their private persona, is it not?

Incidentally, my perception of Salmond is that he's funny, honest (way more honest than many political leaders), charismatic and clever. Of course there's an ego there - how could there not be, given the profession he's in, and he's bound to make plenty of enemies on the way - but I think he comes across as the kind of guy I'd happily go for a pint with, actually.

davemclaren
Did Salmond/SNP renew for this season?

That's the question!

:rolleyes:

The SNP are apparently not renewing until they are convinced that an independent manager is in place. :whistling:

joe kickass2

Lady Di was murdered by the Duke of Edinburgh.

West Lothian is a focal point for aliens.

Twin towers were blown up by Israeli agents.

The Holocaust/ Anne Franks never happened.

Walt Disneys head is kept in a freezer.

Alex Salmond pretends to be a Jambo for some reason. Too far fetched.

Somebody has a butterfly net with their name on it.:dribble:

coppercrutch
Um, coppercrutch - no offence, but I used to think you were pretty arrogant in how you came across on here. I've now been happily disabused of such a notion - but in any case, it's pretty naive to assume how someone might come across in public is the same as their private persona, is it not?

Incidentally, my perception of Salmond is that he's funny, honest (way more honest than many political leaders), charismatic and clever. Of course there's an ego there - how could there not be, given the profession he's in, and he's bound to make plenty of enemies on the way - but I think he comes across as the kind of guy I'd happily go for a pint with, actually.

Fair enough. :)

However I am not a leader of a country's Government/Parliament etc.... . I am just some random **** on a football chat board.

If I were in his position I would think a little more about how i came across.

Maybe if I met him personally I would change my tune. He just gives the wrong impression for me to like him from 'afar'. Maybe in 'day to day' life he is sound. Until I have that proven to me I will have to stick with what I see.

IMO Politicians that give the right impression and demand a bit of respect are people like Menzies Campbell and Vince Cable.

ford donald

As first minister alex salmond has to be seen as impartial,so i dont expect him to go around spouting about hearts! He is a hearts supporter that is not in doubt.;)

therapist needs some therapy i think!

shaun.lawson
Fair enough. :)

However I am not a leader of a country's Government/Parliament etc.... . I am just some random **** on a football chat board.

If I were in his position I would think a little more about how i came across.

Maybe if I met him personally I would change my tune. He just gives the wrong impression for me to like him from 'afar'. Maybe in 'day to day' life he is sound. Until I have that proven to me I will have to stick with what I see.

IMO Politicians that give the right impression and demand a bit of respect are people like Menzies Campbell and Vince Cable.

Interesting examples. It's generally far easier for Lib Dems to come across as decent, fully paid up members of the human race because they have no chance of winning power, and actually campaigned as more or less anti-political under Charlie Kennedy, so don't have to play the game. As a result, Ming especially was able to be 'the voice of reason' when merely a foreign affairs spokesman - but when thrust into the heat of the action and expected to lead, was suddenly lost.

I find it amazing how many politicians come across as really likeable and down to earth when they no longer have to worry about being on message, or toeing the party line. It's been true of Kinnock, Hague, Portillo, Diane Abbott, and plenty of others besides. Indeed, I actually spent a summer working for Vince Cable six years ago, and was struck by how awkward and shy he seemed - but being the acting Lib Dem leader really enabled him to gain confidence and enjoy himself. Sadly, it's nowhere near as easy to do this for leaders of parties actually in, or with a realistic chance of winning power though.

I don't understand the hatred of Salmond and can only assume it's fairly paranoid unionists that hold such a grudge with him. He comes across better than most party leaders I've encountered.

Although I always thought Swinney was a boring git when he was leader, but in actual fact he's quite a funny, clever chap.

heartgarfunkel

A mate of mine (and several others on this board) was showing Prince Charles round a stately home that Charlie had just bought and donated to the Scottish nation recently. The First Minister was also given the tour and was introduced to Jambo pal, prior to luggy arriving. Salmond chatted at length about the Hearts, and introduced Jambo pal to the prince as a 'fellow Jambo'. Charles didn't have a scooby what he was on about of course. Jambo pal said he was a top guy, genuine and with a real interest in Hearts.

That will all mean twice the square root of ****all to the unionist/loyalist brigade, but to state that Salmond is not a real Hearts fan is plain wrong.

davemclaren
I don't understand the hatred of Salmond and can only assume it's fairly paranoid unionists that hold such a grudge with him. He comes across better than most party leaders I've encountered.

Although I always thought Swinney was a boring git when he was leader, but in actual fact he's quite a funny, clever chap.

John Swinney is a Jambo as well. :)

Archived