FAO: those who claim Salmond is a Hearts fan

Therapist

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were you not down the front at their last gig, shoulder to shoulder with Salmond? ?

:dribble:

Must have been someone else. The only reason I'd be at a Proclaimers gig is to get on stage to mangle them, preferably the specky dwarf shagger. :mad:

The People's Chimp
Must have been someone else. The only reason I'd be at a Proclaimers gig is to get on stage to mangle them, preferably the specky dwarf shagger. :mad:

which one is that?

i thought they were both odious little twerps in specs and with a penchant for the smaller lady?

hehe... must have been some one else ;)

But The Proclaimers are Scottish.

Therefore they should be top of the charts forever.

which one is that?

i thought they were both odious little twerps in specs and with a penchant for the smaller lady?

Not sure. I don't pay any attention to them so I don't know which one married the lady of small stature and had a child of small stature. So, to be on the safe side, I'd smash both of them. ;)

First Hearts fan I've heard of that likes the Proclaimers. :rolleyes:

Fat, smug git. :mad:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews/It39s-only-rock-and-roll.4273478.jp

I went to see them at the Usher Hall in the 80s quite enjoyed it, mind you it was a before they outed themselves as vermin lovers. Sunshine on Leith did it for me though I still have a vinyl and CD album of their's somewhere.

Salmond was a Hearts supporter i.e. he went to games home and away in the 70s but is more of a Hearts fan now i.e. he goes to cup finals.

Only a Game
First Hearts fan I've heard of that likes the Proclaimers. :rolleyes:

Fat, smug git. :mad:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews/It39s-only-rock-and-roll.4273478.jp

Alex Salmond held a Hearts season ticket for at least 10 years and only gave it up when he returned as leader of the SNP.

That is an indisuputable FACT searchable on the net, in the public domain and available from the SNP if you simply ask them to confirm it.

He will aslo proudly tell you the same fact, should you ever meet him and ask him, as I have done. We had a lengthy discussion about Romanov the last time I met him and he's very very knowledgable about what is going on at Hearts

Another case of you clouding the facts, in fact lieing about them to suit your politics and agenda.

Clearly you dont like his politics or what he stands for.

But he's a Jambo. let there be no doubt.

Alex Salmond held a Hearts season ticket for at least 10 years

he's very very knowledgable about what is going on at Hearts

But he's a Jambo. let there be no doubt.

Utter nonsense.

davemclaren
Utter nonsense.

You never give up do you. :P

It is difficult to understand why he would claim to be a Hearts fan if he isnt. It's hardly going to make him more electable....

Anyway, some of the Proclaimers stuff is good but they are tarnished by their football affiliations in my eyes. ;)

It is difficult to understand why he would claim to be a Hearts fan if he isnt. It's hardly going to make him more electable....

Anyway, some of the Proclaimers stuff is good but they are tarnished by their football affiliations in my eyes. ;)

He can't claim to support sellik or Rangers FC as it would alienate a large percentage of the electorate. He probably views Hearts as the most acceptable option, no doubt under the advice of his PR people.

He's no Hearts fan. I've never seen him anywhere Tynecastle, and a Hearts fan would never look as satisfied as fat Alex did when handing the Scottish Cup to ra sellik.

As for the Proclaimers, their music is totally mince.

He can't claim to support sellik or Rangers FC as it would alienate a large percentage of the electorate. He probably views Hearts as the most acceptable option, no doubt under the advice of his PR people.

He's no Hearts fan.

He must have been the only pupil at Linlithgow Academy (1966-72) with a PR team as he was a supporter in those days.

He must have been the only pupil at Linlithgow Academy (1966-72) with a PR team as he was a supporter in those days.

Who cares about Linlithgow Academy. I've never seen him at Tynecastle. Neither have any of my mates. Some supporter......:rolleyes:

Denny Crane

He's no Hearts fan. I've never seen him anywhere Tynecastle, and a Hearts fan would never look as satisfied as fat Alex did when handing the Scottish Cup to ra sellik.

As the psychiatrist in Fawlty Towers said: "There's enough material there for an entire conference!"

Only a Game
Who cares about Linlithgow Academy. I've never seen him at Tynecastle. Neither have any of my mates. Some supporter......:rolleyes:

I saw him at Tannadice once, on the old terracing, accompanied by Eric Milligan of all people.

Cant say I have ever seen him at Tynecastle but then I wasnt really looking for him most of the time.

Linlithgow Academy is a great school and he's defo a Jambo.

SO THERE stinky bot :eek:

You'll just have to believe me then. I've never seen Foulkes for example at Tynecastle but I don't delude myself that he is n't a jambo just because he's a unionist tool. We are a broad church live (and let live) with it.

I've never seen Foulkes for example at Tynecastle

I have. :)

Fat Alex is no Hearts fan. Fact. I don't believe he was at Tannadice with Milligan, but if he was it'll be because Milligan got a freebie. Don't get me started on Superfan Eric. :mad:

MacDonald Jardine
Alex Salmond held a Hearts season ticket for at least 10 years and only gave it up when he returned as leader of the SNP.

That is an indisuputable FACT searchable on the net, in the public domain and available from the SNP if you simply ask them to confirm it.

I'm not necessarily disputing that he's a Hearts fan but can you establish an indisputable FACT like that by searching the net?

Is it if enough people say it?

Political parties tell people a lot of things. That doesn't make them true.

There are a number of things the BNP will confirm to you if you ask them. I suspect you wouldn't treat them as facts.

Only a Game

Fat Alex is no Hearts fan. Fact. I don't believe he was at Tannadice with Milligan, but if he was it'll be because Milligan got a freebie. Don't get me started on Superfan Eric. :mad:

I've seen Milligan at numerous Hearts games over the years, home away and Europe. Havent seen him recently right enough.

Milligan and Salmond were together on the terracing at Tannadice at a famous cup tie we lost in the 80's (P.S Milligan actually joins in the singing at Hearts games or he did in those days)

I've seen Milligan at numerous Hearts games over the years, home away and Europe. Havent seen him recently right enough.

Milligan is in Diggers after every home game. I think he is a publicity hound with ridiculous enhanced teeth, but I can't deny he is a Hearts fan.

Ryan Gosling

I saw Alex Salmond walking to Easter Road for a semi final against Dundee in 1996.

Saw him again at Fir Park that season.

coppercrutch
I saw Alex Salmond walking to Easter Road for a semi final against Dundee in 1996.

Has he arrived yet...

_____fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg____

its_time.png

Pete Seeger
Has he arrived yet...

_____fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg____

its_time.png

He's dancing in the concourse

bobfling021130.jpg

Miller Jambo 60
You'll just have to believe me then. I've never seen Foulkes for example at Tynecastle but I don't delude myself that he is n't a jambo just because he's a unionist tool. We are a broad church live (and let live) with it.

Foulkes is at every home game section D behind me.

where do you sit.

wont see him now moved to N

Alex Salmond is most definitely a Hearts fan. Also, the Proclaimers have some good songs, one of which is Sunshine on Leith, despite Hibs hijacking it...

Carl Weathers
Also, the Proclaimers have some good songs, one of which is Sunshine on Leith, despite Hibs hijacking it...

:eek:

:eek:

Ach, I was brainwashed at assembly. I went to Primary School in Leith and it was something of a favourite for it. Always been fond of it since.

Chuck Berry
So what is the OP's view on David McLetchie's claim to being a Hearts fan?

He's ran away again :rolleyes:

Guest juvehearts

i dont think it right for any hearts fan to confessing to liking any proclaimers songs.

imo theyre tone deaf & have had 1 sucessful song thats imo been over played & should be confined to the music bucket to be replaced with 7 nation army

because we all know!

Only a Game
I'm not necessarily disputing that he's a Hearts fan but can you establish an indisputable FACT like that by searching the net?

Is it if enough people say it?

Political parties tell people a lot of things. That doesn't make them true.

There are a number of things the BNP will confirm to you if you ask them. I suspect you wouldn't treat them as facts.

He told me this personally. In fact everytime he meets a football fan he brings it up and Ive heard him do it more than once.

You can find quotes attributed to him saying so if you google him

Its in his autobiography

Its in the historical bumph on Alex Salmond you get when you join the SNP

I'm aware he is not currently a season ticket holder and hasnt been for at least 5 years and probably more but I dont know how many more sources you would need to accept it as being a fact that he once was.

If you join the SNP

Walter Kidd

The Proclaimers are what happens when you shag your sister. Fact.

Eck Salmond is alright. He bought me a beer in Lyon the night before we got pumped by Morocco.

maroonlegions
Priceless. Cheers for that Deek. :)

"I would eat 500 pies" :)

" i ve been greetin for a :107years: cos i ve no seen a big cup yet, na na na na na na na na na":107years:

What about John Reid? He has been an MP for years and has been an outspoken Celtic fan so he obviously didn't alienate too many voters. He got to be Home Secretary (as well as an alcoholic who sexually harrassed a fellow minister and punched an attendant in the house of commons).

What about John Reid? He has been an MP for years and has been an outspoken Celtic fan so he obviously didn't alienate too many voters. He got to be Home Secretary (as well as an alcoholic who sexually harrassed a fellow minister and punched an attendant in the house of commons).

...allegedly!

MacDonald Jardine
He told me this personally. In fact everytime he meets a football fan he brings it up and Ive heard him do it more than once.

You can find quotes attributed to him saying so if you google him

Its in his autobiography

Its in the historical bumph on Alex Salmond you get when you join the SNP

I'm aware he is not currently a season ticket holder and hasnt been for at least 5 years and probably more but I dont know how many more sources you would need to accept it as being a fact that he once was.

If you join the SNP

as i said I'm sure he is a Hearts fan, just your sources of FACT didn't seem the most reliabel.

coppercrutch

I have found a Celtic fan I don't actually mind !!

Come to think of it he was part of this disgrace of a Labour Government. Oh well, almost..:rolleyes:

I'm aware he is not currently a season ticket holder and hasnt been for at least 5 years and probably more

At last I've dragged an admission out of the pro Fat Alex Brigade. Have to say I'm disappointed it took so long, but love is blind. The fact of the matter is Mickey Weir is more of a Hearts fan than Mr Smug.

At last I've dragged an admission out of the pro Fat Alex Brigade. Have to say I'm disappointed it took so long, but love is blind. The fact of the matter is Mickey Weir is more of a Hearts fan than Mr Smug.

Pish, as always Mr T.

Drivel, tossery and bumridery.

Cannae believe that you even attempted to argue such a lame arsed point and triumph came so slackly as it did above.

Salmond's a Jambo, maybe a **** at the same time but a Jambo none the less.

Over the years i've seen salmond at tannadice, dens park and dunfermiline, he's definately a jambo. I've no doubts in my mind.

Chip Douglas
Pish, as always Mr T.

Drivel, tossery and bumridery.

Cannae believe that you even attempted to argue such a lame arsed point and triumph came so slackly as it did above.

Salmond's a Jambo, maybe a **** at the same time but a Jambo none the less.

Attention to this response.

And lets close this thread.

Pathetic in the extreme to attempt to try to undermine any Hearts fan like this.

Over the years i've seen salmond at tannadice, dens park and dunfermiline, he's definately a jambo. I've no doubts in my mind.

So, three times in how many years? And never at Tynecastle. Enough said. :rolleyes:

It's great how the pro-Smugman activists are proving my point for me. Thanks guys. :282::282::282:

So, three times in how many years? And never at Tynecastle. Enough said. :rolleyes:

It's great how the pro-Smugman activists are proving my point for me. Thanks guys. :282::282::282:

Would have backed you all the way..............but for your avatar:sad:

Archived