FAO: those who claim Salmond is a Hearts fan

Therapist

Would have backed you all the way..............but for your avatar:sad:

How about now?

This was on the back of our dive boat in Palau.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PresidentRomanov

According to Heart of Midlothian FC's ticket office records, Alex Salmond has never owned a season ticket for Tynecastle.

The ticket OAG is referring to, was one of two, purchased by his party, for entertaining guests.

They also had two for Ibrox Stadium, Easter Road, and Parkhead.

Alex obviously changes his team depending on who he's talking to at the time.

Thanks for clarifying that PB. I've known all along that Fatty was a wrong 'un. :mad: :mad:

I'd like to see how the Salmond apologists get out of this one. :rolleyes:

davemclaren
Thanks for clarifying that PB. I've known all along that Fatty was a wrong 'un. :mad: :mad:

I'd like to see how the Salmond apologists get out of this one. :rolleyes:

Personally I believe, without any evidence other than the fact that he says so, that our first minister is a Hearts fan. I accept he may not have been to many ( or indeed any ) games recently but there are a lot like that. My old man, who has seen Hearts win more trophies than you and I ever will, hasn't been inside Tynecastle ( apart from my 50th birthday party in the gorgie suite :P ) since the John Cumming testimonial in the early 90s....and I paid for him to go to that....however I would still class him as a Hearts fan ( lapsed ). :rolleyes:

without any evidence other than the fact that he says so

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

davemclaren
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Come on, I believe that you are a Hearts fan and there is even less evidence than that. ;)

PresidentRomanov

Last time I seen Salmond at a football match, he was cheering on Rangers FC :mad:

davemclaren
Last time I seen Salmond at a football match, he was cheering on Rangers FC :mad:

One minute he's smiling at Celtic winning the cup final, the next Rangers.....he couldn't be a politician could he? :P

PresidentRomanov
One minute he's smiling at Celtic winning the cup final, the next Rangers.....he couldn't be a politician could he? :P

And the next, he's claiming to be a Hearts fan :)

davemclaren
And the next, he's claiming to be a Hearts fan :)

I'll leave you to be the judge over which is the most credible claim as there is only so long that Mrs McL will likely believe it takes to go for water and fresh bread.... :whistling:

Denny Crane

Senator McCarthy may be long gone but his spirit is very much alive in this thread - one which I may add is as pitiful as his infamous witch hunts!

Who's next? Ken Stott? Ronnie Corbett? Stephen Hendry?

Unbelievable

I cant believe this thread has lasted for so long. Is this depths that JKB has got to?

I didn't realise JKB had appointed a Quality Control Inspector. :rolleyes:

Salmondgate is a perfectly valid discussion topic. :)

I didn't realise JKB had appointed a Quality Control Inspector. :rolleyes:

Thought I would assume such a role from your good self seeing you've clearly let your standards slip....

Drew Busby !
I cant believe this thread has lasted for so long. Is this depths that JKB has got to?

Pathetic isn't it. Totally and utterly pathetic.

Pathetic isn't it. Totally and utterly pathetic.

Why? Because we've outed a fat smug git who claims to be a Hearts fan?

As a public figure Salmond is fair game. He shouldn't make ridiculous statements and claims if he can't back them up. :mad:

Craig Gordons Gloves

Personally, i'm not bothered by Salmond being a 'true hearts fan' or not - but your original argument that he cant be cos he likes the proclaimers is a pile of bull jism.

See, i've been a season ticket holder until moving here and been going for many many years - yet get this - i also like the proclaimers, in fact i have 4 of their CD's, have been to see them a few times and have met them a couple of months back. So ner ner ner

:)

If this is true i dont see why you have a problem with him.

He appears to support your two favourite teams.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Personally, i'm not bothered by Salmond being a 'true hearts fan' or not - but your original argument that he cant be cos he likes the proclaimers is a pile of bull jism.

See, i've been a season ticket holder until moving here and been going for many many years - yet get this - i also like the proclaimers, in fact i have 4 of their CD's, have been to see them a few times and have met them a couple of months back. So ner ner ner

Mods, show him the door!;)

i also like the proclaimers, in fact i have 4 of their CD's, have been to see them a few times and have met them a couple of months back.

:hobofish: :107years:

PresidentRomanov

No proper Hearts fan would like the Proclaimers :mad:

A Boy Named Crow
So what is the OP's view on David McLetchie's claim to being a Hearts fan?

Circa 2003-2005 he was in Section E, used to see him every other Saturday. He might still be, but I've moved.

Craig Gordons Gloves
No proper Hearts fan would like the Proclaimers :mad:

Really? I bow to your superior knowledge of what a 'proper' hearts fan is then.

However, i'll quite happily continue to support Hearts and like the proclaimers at the same time. Incidentally, i have also listened to Simple Minds in the past, now they're a tic band are they not? And The View, they support one of the Dundeh teams.

****e, i'm not a real fan unless i only listen to Cicero!!!

SCOTTISH FIRST MINISTER LIKES SCOTTISH BAND!!! Hang him high!!

This thread reminds of a scene from the infamous Curb you enthuasism episode, beloved ****. The scene where Larry is at the petrol station and gets into an argument about wrapping paper. It was pointless, a point that was just stupid and nobody really gives a **** what the OP is on about.

Therapist has rapidly turned into JKBs very on Wendy Alexander, thanks for the laughs, mate!

Sorry about the ****e punctuation, crappy Portugese keyboards.

First Hearts fan I've heard of that likes the Proclaimers. :rolleyes:

Fat, smug git. :mad:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews/It39s-only-rock-and-roll.4273478.jp

Well I must be the second. Have to admit it goes back to the time Charlie Reid donated a grand in cash to the Craig Levein testimonial fund.

Salmond is a big Tartan Army man and guess what groups songs are played a lot when Scotland play. Also I used to sit not far from Salmond when he had a S/T.

According to Heart of Midlothian FC's ticket office records, Alex Salmond has never owned a season ticket for Tynecastle.

The ticket OAG is referring to, was one of two, purchased by his party, for entertaining guests.

They also had two for Ibrox Stadium, Easter Road, and Parkhead.

Alex obviously changes his team depending on who he's talking to at the time.

Suspect some T/O historical S/T data has been dumped when they upgraded their system. I know he had a S/T going back to the time he worked for the Royal Bank prior t becoming an MP.

The Vulture

I saw Salmond at the 1998 Scottish Cup Final with scarf on.

You shouldn't mix sport and politics anyway.

Many politicians who share different political views are good friends when not in the house, e.g. going back a few years Norman Tebbit's best mate in the Commons was Dennis Healey, and a university friend from N. Ireland had a summer job in the European Parliament and she told me that John Hulme and Ian Paisley hung out together, whenever Hulme would turn up late IP would blame it on the devils buttermilk.

The Vulture
I saw Salmond at the 1998 Scottish Cup Final with scarf on.

You shouldn't mix sport and politics anyway.

Many politicians who share different political views are good friends when not in the house, e.g. going back a few years Norman Tebbit's best mate in the Commons was Dennis Healey, and a university friend from N. Ireland had a summer job in the European Parliament and she told me that John Hulme and Ian Paisley hung out together, whenever Hulme would turn up late IP would blame it on the devils buttermilk.

Slight typo there, should say 'who have different political good views' even :wacko:

Therapist and Picky Bum......

:rolleyes:

sigh.

without doubt the two most unintentionally hilarious ppl to ever grace the internet.

without doubt the two most unintentionally hilarious ppl to ever grace the internet.

They don't fool me they have to be undercover snp supporters possibly even salmond himself :).

What do you mean? :confused:

Therapist seems to think that if he repeats something forceably and often enough, it will be recognised as fact. Who needs evidence or reasoned argument?

I do believe Alex Salmond to be a Jambo, and can't understand why any Hearts supporter would wish to go out of their way to question that.

The fact that he is an M.S.P., party leader, and, above all, First Minister might explain his failure to attend many games.

No matter what you think of his politics, he is not deserving of the insults directed at him.

I can only assume that Therapist is a perfect physical specimen.

P.S. I am not an S.N.P. supporter.

The fact that he is an M.S.P., party leader, and, above all, First Minister might explain his failure to attend many games.

We're not talking about "many" games. We're talking about "any". :rolleyes:

And even before he was MSP, party leader, First Minister, he still didn't attend. :rolleyes:

It doesn't take a great leap of faith to work out he is no Hearts fan.

Auld Reekin'

And even before he was MSP, party leader, First Minister, he still didn't attend. :rolleyes:

Surely you mean "intelligence" or "imagination"?

But then again, maybe you are unfamiliar with these words. Understandable...

:silly::1132::dunce:

Only by vetting every single fan at every single game could you know this.

You may be correct, but how can you be so sure, and why do you wish to prove this point. ("Prove" is probably the wrong word. You certainly haven't done that.)

Your last sentence makes no sense, (to me).

Only by vetting every single fan at every single game could you know this.

I've never seen him at a game.

None of the 20+ staunch Hearts fans I go with have ever seen him at a game.

He doesn't hold a season ticket.

I'm right, he's no Hearts fan. I know it, you know it, and the pro SNP pro Salmond lobby know it. They just won't admit it, not sure why. :rolleyes:

Drew Busby !

I'm right, he's no Hearts fan. I know it, you know it, and the pro SNP pro Salmond lobby know it. They just won't admit it, not sure why. :rolleyes:

I can only speak for myself as a member of the aforementioned pro SNP pro Salmond lobby. But frankly I don't give a flying ferk whether Salmond is a Hearts fan or not. I hope that goes some small way to resolving your concern on this point :rolleyes:

frankly I don't give a flying ferk whether Salmond is a Hearts fan or not.

If he stopped the charade of claiming to be one, I wouldn't give a flying ferk either.

Doesn't mean he has never been at a game.

Spurious semantics like "leap of faith", "I'm right", "you know it" etc. advance your case not one jot.

How do you know what I know or don't know?

Why does it matter so much to you?

Why does it matter so much to you?

I feel it's my duty to highlight the spurious nature of his claims.

First of all i dont like the Proclaimers but i do like their songs,except sunshine on Leith,and i dont see why Salmond would say he's a jambo when he's not

Never understood why we have to like/dislike/even hate someone because of the team they support.

Some of my best mates are Hibs fans and we love winding each other up. I know Hearts fans I wouldn't give the time of day. My two grandfathers supported either side of the OF so football supporting hasn't ever really come into my judgement of a person.

I've seen the Proclaimer's in Glasgow (while wearing a Hearts tartan kilt) and some of the banter was tremendous. I've also seen their musical (where I bumped into a Jambo mate fi North Berwick).

Being a Jambo doesn't mean you have to stop being human. They're not mutually exclusive FFS! How do you exist if you hate people because they support Hibs???

And btw Salmond is a Jambo despite what Therapist and his picky bumchum say, I once met him in Ashley Terrace on his way to a game at Tynecastle in early 2000 (I'm sure it was Dundee) with scarf et al. Very friendly chap he was too.

heartgarfunkel
Who cares about Linlithgow Academy. I've never seen him at Tynecastle. Neither have any of my mates. Some supporter......:rolleyes:

Have seen him at Tynecastle on several occasions when Hearts have been playing over the last dozen or so years. He often attends with his niece. What is your problem?

Have seen him at Tynecastle on several occasions when Hearts have been playing over the last dozen or so years. He often attends with his niece. What is your problem?

"Several" times over the last "dozen years". As opposed to "many times a season".

As I said, I go to the games with 20 people. I know many many more regular attenders outside that inner circle. None of them can recall even seeing the Smug One at Tynecastle.

If you put your evidence - which is extremely flimsy - against our evidence in a proper court of law, the only conclusion that could be reached would be that Salmond is no Hearts fan. Case closed. :)

Archived