*** Official Livingston fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

37 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye I actually did. But Ive also actually watched numerous games where he's actually missed opportunities to get actual shots away, actually taken too many touches or actually slowed the game down. I think there was actually a perfect example of him actually missing a great chance v St Mirren I think due to actually needing about 4 touches before shooting..

I actually agree with what you are actually saying, I actually said so the other night . Actually

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

We played an entire match without him and battered in five in one of the best displays in years.

We could have played with Pele, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo and Lewandowski up front against Motherwell and still came away with nothing. The problems in that game were far more than just the strikers.

Pele is getting on a bit now, don't think he'd be all that much of a threat these days.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Pele is getting on a bit now, don't think he'd be all that much of a threat these days.

Craig Whighton (24), Conor Sammon (35) or Pele (81).

Who would be your first choice striker?

Or for that matter Joel Pereira (25) or Pele (81).

Who would be your first choice goalie?

Edited by been here before

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Craig Whighton (24), Conor Sammon (35) or Pele (81).

Who would be your first choice striker?

Or for that matter Joel Pereira (25) or Pele (81).

Who would be your first choice goalie?

When you put it like that he'd be a goal machine and offer at least some kind of resistance while in goal.

57 minutes ago, been here before said:

We played an entire match without him and battered in five in one of the best displays in years.

We could have played with Pele, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo and Lewandowski up front against Motherwell and still came away with nothing. The problems in that game were far more than just the strikers.

I know we had a good performance against United, but they were incredibly open. Without Boyce we have absolutely no one the ball sticks to or anyone who can bring others into play.

4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

If we had been offered two points from Celtic and Livi (draw v Celtic and same against Livi) a lot of people would have thought that a decent outcome, yet a win tomorrow would put us one point better off.

I keep wondering where this league is that you get offered points in before games start ?

When I look at Celtic away followed by Livingston away I’m thinking 3 points total. Better than that is good, less than that is poor.

portobellojambo1

Ignoring the offside goal I do feel we approached the first half wrongly on Thursday. We didn't try to attack them in the first half, gave them time to decide how they wanted to play the game rather than forcing them into a way of playing that wouldn't suit them. I hope we do approach the game tomorrow correctly and pick up all three points

29 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Ignoring the offside goal I do feel we approached the first half wrongly on Thursday. We didn't try to attack them in the first half, gave them time to decide how they wanted to play the game rather than forcing them into a way of playing that wouldn't suit them. I hope we do approach the game tomorrow correctly and pick up all three points

Yeah mate I agree there we should boss them  from the start and let them give us answers.

bobby bombscare
40 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

What annoys me is that in the cup game at the start of the season we did the exact same thing (Just a few weeks after beating them at home). Came out first half and sat in and then played some football in the second half and realised that they're not a great side this year. Robbie then admitted that he shouldn't have sat in and we come back a few months later to the same thing. That really annoyed me BUT We're third in the league, all going well tomorrow, we'll either be 3 points off second or 5 points clear of third. Can't really complain considering we were in the championship last season. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

Unfortunately missing this game, is there a way to watch a repeat of the game at all? Thinking of not finding out the score but doesn’t appear to be on tele at all. 

8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

How would you force them into a way of playing? High press? Push the fullbacks onto theirs? 

Unfortunately Celtic have better players than us all over the park. We did try to attack in the first half but it was a measured approach. The absolute last thing we wanted to be was a 2 or 3 down at halftime and Celtic can do that to anyone at home. It was nothing like the cup game. The reason we could attack more in the second half is because Celtic tired and sat off a bit. If the officials did there job it would be described as a perfect away performance. 

10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I keep wondering where this league is that you get offered points in before games start ?

When I look at Celtic away followed by Livingston away I’m thinking 3 points total. Better than that is good, less than that is poor.

6 or 4 fantastic

3 solid

2 not bad

1 meh

0  acceptable 

Need to be beating shite like Livi home and away regardless of how hard it is on the fake pitch. There's a few away games we can be forgiven for losing, the shite teams all need beaten if we want to do anything decent.  1 0 victory, hard fought but a win. 

9 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think they started the game at about 300 miles an hour and we were just hanging on a lot of the time.  Other than having better players, I am not sure what can be done.  It was similar at Ibrox too in the first half.

Just bought a ticket for today but says ive to pick up at ticket office but its closed will clubstore be able to give me it confirmation email has not ticket barcode on it  

2 minutes ago, gordie1968 said:

Just bought a ticket for today but says ive to pick up at ticket office but its closed will clubstore be able to give me it confirmation email has not ticket barcode on it  

Ticket office is open

Disser Pointon
10 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Tomorrow is a must win. Doesn't matter how we play. 

If we want to have any aspirations about challenging the old firm any point in the future then we need to stop saying this. EVERY game is a must win, and that's how they approach it, because anything less let's the other arse cheek in.

Maroonblood22

It pains me to say it but I think Smith has to drop out of the starting lineup (probably for Moore).

He's still as committed as ever and gives everything he's got but just doesn't offer enough going forward consistently and it's becoming obvious that age is catching up with him.

On 03/12/2021 at 11:17, Smith's right boot said:

Back on the horse straight away. 

3-0 us. 

Need a win to keep us ticking over. 

Utd play Rangers so a wee chance to maybe create a gap  from 3rd.

Hearts' away form is pretty grim, away goals have dried up, Livingston away is another massive hurdle for us, hope your spot on with your result prediction but I'll bite your hand off for a 0-1 win. 

Jack Torrance

I think our players will be hurting after the last game. 

Today is their opportunity to get it out their system.

I anticipate a mauling and the game to be tied up in the first 20 minutes like the Burley games. Second half we'll ragdoll them silly.

0-6.

:yas:

A win today and with Dundee Utd having to succumb to the same dubious referring as we had against Celtic. This would put us in a great position with Dundee away then 2 very winnable games at home. Rangers at home is the only game from our next 5 that could/should be a challenge. 

59 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

If we want to have any aspirations about challenging the old firm any point in the future then we need to stop saying this. EVERY game is a must win, and that's how they approach it, because anything less let's the other arse cheek in.

Should be a convincing win. 

Really would like Dundee and County to get relegated but Livi arent far behind. The pitch is nothing short of a disgrace. 

It would be interesting to try something different on the right hand side, possibly McEneff at WB if he's played there before. Definitely something to look at in January.

The reason I listed my team in a 4-2-3-1 is you just know they have the work rate and will have sussed out our 3-4-3. 

Something different required today I think.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Anyone heard any team news?I know Beni still out but Halliday not in squad on Thursday, any news about him?

Robbie mentioned a couple of changes from Thursday to freshen things up when I last heard from him 

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

How would you force them into a way of playing? High press? Push the fullbacks onto theirs? 

Unfortunately Celtic have better players than us all over the park. We did try to attack in the first half but it was a measured approach. The absolute last thing we wanted to be was a 2 or 3 down at halftime and Celtic can do that to anyone at home. It was nothing like the cup game. The reason we could attack more in the second half is because Celtic tired and sat off a bit. If the officials did there job it would be described as a perfect away performance. 

Spot on. It never ceases to amaze me how some people think we can just turn up and impose ourselves immediately, away from home, against a team with better players all over the pitch. We played as well as we have done for a long time at that venue and would’ve gone home with a point if the linesman had done his job.