Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bobby bombscare

What really has me looking positive is that, outside boyce and gordon, I don’t think there is a single position where we would genuinely be weaker without them. You look at Harrington and McEneff in midfield and you consider that up front we have a choice of GMS, Woodburn, Gino and walker. We have good depth at the moment! It’s great to see. 

I want to see Harring get a run of games. So hopefully not dropped for Halliday or something. Other than that, I think any team is a strong team at the moment. 

Hearts in control and a 3-0 win.

Devlin, GMS and Boyce with the goals.

All of the goals will be offside and ref will give us a drop ball because Boyce split his finger nail when Livi were about to score a tap in.

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Anyone got any idea what time Spoons open for serving alcohol on a Sunday? Going for brekkie beforehand anyhow.

12.30 on a Sunday

I'd like to see the same formation as Thursday, 4 at the back let's us get the extra man in midfield and I think it let's us create more.  Bit of a concern whether Haring and McEneff both have another start in them after not playing so long, but if so I'd like to see both get another go. Haring was excellent and McEneff showed enough that he deserves another chance. 

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Haring Devlin

GMS           McEneff        McKay

Boyce

Edited by Bob Loblaw

15 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'd like to see the same formation as Thursday, 4 at the back let's us get the extra man in midfield and I think it let's us create more.  Bit of a concern whether Haring and McEneff both have another start in them after not playing so long, but if so I'd like to see both get another go. Haring was excellent and McEneff showed enough that he deserves another chance. 

Gordon

Haring Devlin

Boyce

Agree with that team selection,  shame on Cochrane though but like you say gives us more of a creative edge. I really like that trio of Haring, Devlin an mceneff in the middle, we will boss it against most teams with them in there.

3 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Gordon

Haring Devlin

Boyce

It would be good to think that we are tactically flexible enough to change formations in this way, no complaints about that line-up but I think two of our best payers aren't there- Gino and Cochrane, so maybe

Gordon

Haring Devlin

GMS     Boyce    McKay

Gino

It's difficult to include Cochrane in a four at the back system, but having good players on the bench is part and parcel of being in a good squad and good players won't be too bothered about that.

If Haring plays as well as he did in the second half at Parkhead, then when Beni comes back it might be a dilemma between Haring and Devlin. Not a bad problem to have. 

Another factor though is the plastic pitch, which might have a bearing on who starts or who comes off the bench.

Edited by upgotheheads

Whats the go to boozer? Preferably somewhere a lively for a sing song. Seen there is a spoons but they don't allow colours so doubt the would appreciate our songs.

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Whats the go to boozer? Preferably somewhere a lively for a sing song. Seen there is a spoons but they don't allow colours so doubt the would appreciate our songs.

Read that wrong at first 😳.

Then again, you are referring to a Spoons in Livingston. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Slim pickings in Livi, my group are going to the Saltire beside the North Station

letsmakesomenoise
19 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

20 quid for pay per view. Jeez.

Well, they just lost out on this guys business.  First time this season. Not being ripped off by that crappy wee club!

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It would be good to think that we are tactically flexible enough to change formations in this way, no complaints about that line-up but I think two of our best payers aren't there- Gino and Cochrane, so maybe

Gordon

Haring Devlin

GMS     Boyce    McKay

Gino

It's difficult to include Cochrane in a four at the back system, but having good players on the bench is part and parcel of being in a good squad and good players won't be too bothered about that.

If Haring plays as well as he did in the second half at Parkhead, then when Beni comes back it might be a dilemma between Haring and Devlin. Not a bad problem to have. 

Another factor though is the plastic pitch, which might have a bearing on who starts or who comes off the bench.

You day two of our best players, but I'm while I genuinely like Gino, he's been absolutely shite his last two starts and both were through the middle, its not his position.  GMS and Boyce made a big impact on Thursday and McKay was good. That's why I'd go with what I chose.

Agree, very harsh on Cochrane to miss out but if it's a 4 then Kingsley is a no brained.

57 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Well, they just lost out on this guys business.  First time this season. Not being ripped off by that crappy wee club!

Well said mate. I am not paying that lot 20 quid.

Critical that we win to cement that 3rd place and probably go 5 points ahead of Dundee United.

We will.  I just know it.  

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Critical that we win to cement that 3rd place and probably go 5 points ahead of Dundee United.

We will.  I just know it.  

I’m with you. 3 points will start to nail down that 3rd place & keep momentum. Especially with Dundee Utd playing Celtic. 

Competing for top spot is what this is all about.

Right now we have another chance to create a gap between us and 4th, tomorrow's game is a must win.Showing how serious we are in our attempts to chalenge and also instilling confidence we can take points away from home. Stability and the same 11 that ended the game on Thursday night will do me.

Nando to score a double, this is his type of game

Edited by A.JAMBO

15 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Same team/formation that finished the game on Thursday please Robbie! 

I hope so but I’ve a feeling he’ll revert back.  He may look at the artificial pitch and think it’s better formation to stretch the game and dominate it.  

Either way, for me its really about our attitude and motivation away from home. It’s largely been falling short lately, although we did well in the 2nd half v Celtic,  but it’s easy getting up for games when you are underdog. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I hope so but I’ve a feeling he’ll revert back.  He may look at the artificial pitch and think it’s better formation to stretch the game and dominate it.  

Either way, for me its really about our attitude and motivation away from home. It’s largely been falling short lately, although we did well in the 2nd half v Celtic,  but it’s easy getting up for games when you are underdog. 

Yeah, if it was only that simple to take the 2nd half attitude into all away games. We are good enough, but that perennial struggle for belief on the road is still there. A strong win here would help redress that. 

According to Livi website it looks like away fans can by tickets at the stadium.  Looks like a fairly generic message does anyone know if this is an option for us tomorrow?

link https://livingstonfc.co.uk/match/away-fans/

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Got to turn possession to goals draws to wins

Yip pretty much this mate lack of goals have been our problem in most games.

58 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I'm fully expecting a 1-1 draw tomorrow, but today's results mean 3 points would be even better than expected.

If we had been offered two points from Celtic and Livi (draw v Celtic and same against Livi) a lot of people would have thought that a decent outcome, yet a win tomorrow would put us one point better off.

been here before
On 03/12/2021 at 12:53, GinRummy said:

Back to 3-4-3 do we think. Boyce or no Boyce this week. A few decisions to be made. 

No Boyce. Got to be hinest and say my heart sinks a little when he's on the pitch.

Needs too many touches, slows play down, can take an age to get a shot away.

Far more fluid without him.

been here before
13 minutes ago, savage said:

Decided i want to go tomorrow now but ticket office is closed on a Sunday i think.  Can tickets be purchased at almondvale

TO is open 10-3 tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

No Boyce. Got to be hinest and say my heart sinks a little when he's on the pitch.

Needs too many touches, slows play down, can take an age to get a shot away.

Far more fluid without him.

Did you actually watch his performance against celtic? Guy changed the game. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Did you actually watch his performance against celtic? Guy changed the game. 

Aye I actually did. But Ive also actually watched numerous games where he's actually missed opportunities to get actual shots away, actually taken too many touches or actually slowed the game down. I think there was actually a perfect example of him actually missing a great chance v St Mirren I think due to actually needing about 4 touches before shooting..

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Aye I actually did. But Ive also actually watched numerous games where he's actually missed opportunities to get actual shots away, actually taken too many touches or actually slowed the game down. I think there was actually a perfect example of him actually missing a great chance v St Mirren I think due to actually needing about 4 touches before shooting..

I think your actually more annoyed at my question than I actually anticipated. So,back to the question,don't you agree,he did increase our attacking options against celtic?

been here before
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

I think your actually more annoyed at my question than I actually anticipated. So,back to the question,don't you agree,he did increase our attacking options against celtic?

Actually Im not I just fund it odd that people actually think that putting actually into a sentence somehow actually adds weight to what theyre actually trying to say.

Im not saying Boyce is pish, Im simply saying I think we've better options. He may have altered things against Celtic but theres plenty of other games where he's failed to do it.

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Actually Im not I just fund it odd that people actually think that putting actually into a sentence somehow actually adds weight to what theyre actually trying to say.

Im not saying Boyce is pish, Im simply saying I think we've better options. He may have altered things against Celtic but theres plenty of other games where he's failed to do it.

What are the better options? We started out without him on Thursday and done pretty much nothing in an attacking sense until he came on.

Similarly we started without him at Fir Park and were absolutely minging. 

We are a far better team when he's involved.

been here before
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

What are the better options? We started out without him on Thursday and done pretty much nothing in an attacking sense until he came on.

Similarly we started without him at Fir Park and were absolutely minging. 

We are a far better team when he's involved.

We played an entire match without him and battered in five in one of the best displays in years.

We could have played with Pele, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo and Lewandowski up front against Motherwell and still came away with nothing. The problems in that game were far more than just the strikers.