Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

How would you force them into a way of playing? High press? Push the fullbacks onto theirs? 

Unfortunately Celtic have better players than us all over the park. We did try to attack in the first half but it was a measured approach. The absolute last thing we wanted to be was a 2 or 3 down at halftime and Celtic can do that to anyone at home. It was nothing like the cup game. The reason we could attack more in the second half is because Celtic tired and sat off a bit. If the officials did there job it would be described as a perfect away performance. 

Spot on. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Robbie mentioned a couple of changes from Thursday to freshen things up when I last heard from him 

Maybe GMS and Boyce in? Both looked decent on Thursday when they came on, admittedly against a tiring Celtic side. 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Spot on. It never ceases to amaze me how some people think we can just turn up and impose ourselves immediately, away from home, against a team with better players all over the pitch. We played as well as we have done for a long time at that venue and would’ve gone home with a point if the linesman had done his job. 

Haven’t said much about Thursday but I was really pleased we made the changes to personnel and formation to give us the best chance and Robbie being proactive with changes. 

It was a much improved performance compared to the last time we were there. If it wasn’t for a couple of shite finishes (as well as the obvious offside goal) we could have won after Celtic all but blew themselves out. 

Livingston will be a tough game on a shite plastic pitch. 

I'm curious to see what Neilson does. There's definitely enough in there to expect (well...predict) a win and with Rangers 2012 coming up, nothing less than 3 points is needed. I'll put it out there....if the players are on form, 3-1 Hearts win. A draw for me would not be a good result. Hopefully the management team drills into them the importance of this result.

Would be a great win to go 5 points clear in third, impressive at this stage of the season.

With Neilson’s decent record against Rangers, would be a lot of optimism going into next week, huge game today in terms of shaping our season.

AlphonseCapone
12 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

What annoys me is that in the cup game at the start of the season we did the exact same thing (Just a few weeks after beating them at home). Came out first half and sat in and then played some football in the second half and realised that they're not a great side this year. Robbie then admitted that he shouldn't have sat in and we come back a few months later to the same thing. That really annoyed me BUT We're third in the league, all going well tomorrow, we'll either be 3 points off second or 5 points clear of third. Can't really complain considering we were in the championship last season. 

I couldn't catch the first half but did we set out to sit back or was it more a case that Celtic started strong? I think, and not saying it is the case here, that some folk forget that the other team are active participants in a game and have a plan too. 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Spot on. It never ceases to amaze me how some people think we can just turn up and impose ourselves immediately, away from home, against a team with better players all over the pitch. We played as well as we have done for a long time at that venue and would’ve gone home with a point if the linesman had done his job. 

Or Kingsley hits the target from 7 yards. 

That miss gets worse each time you see it. 

You don't get may better chances than that. 

GMS tripping himself up as well. 😔

2 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Yes you can buy tickets through there from livi.

Is this for certain - can't find out info from anywhere on this.  The boy's 2pm was cancelled at the last minute so we're scrambling to nip through to the Livi game.  Thanks !

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Hoping for some of this today 😁

11FF3D50-940B-4C24-AE20-9839B813FDA0.png

Nah, hope not. 

Hopefully we win! 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

That is a Hearts win 🙈

Hope it comes off for you then! 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hope it comes off for you then! 

👍🏻

kind of needing something like 2-0, 1 goal each half Boycie to score one of them and Devlin to get sent off late on, a long shot I know but why not 😂

Edited by jamtartan74

Just now, Boyces beard said:

You want Cammy Devlin sent of before we play Rangers?

Cmon, have a word

Of course I don’t, but I think he is close to getting sent off he’s a nippy wee shite. 

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

Of course I don’t, but I think he is close to getting sent off he’s a nippy wee shite. 

Its about time we had one of them again.Blackyesq

1 minute ago, norrie1952 said:

Its about time we had one of them again.Blackyesq

Spot on, he reminds me of blackie as well, something we have missed in the middle for years, love his attitude and must be a right pain in the arse for opposing players 😁

2 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

I hear ya, and his style of play will result in him recieving a sending of at some point, i would just hate to be lining up against Sevco with no Cammy or Beni (if he is still injured) but if he is to get sent of today i hope you get your bet up at the same time. 😀

2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

I hear ya, and his style of play will result in him recieving a sending of at some point, i would just hate to be lining up against Sevco with no Cammy or Beni (if he is still injured) but if he is to get sent of today i hope you get your bet up at the same time. 😀

To be fair I had one or two shandies when I placed the bet 🙈

17 minutes ago, alfamonkey said:

Is this for certain - can't find out info from anywhere on this.  The boy's 2pm was cancelled at the last minute so we're scrambling to nip through to the Livi game.  Thanks !

Sorry I've read it wrong. Hearts twitter says tickets available online from Livingston.

It's December and no team outside of Rangers and Celtic has managed more than 2 away wins so far. Away victories are ridiculously difficult in this league. We will need to fight and dig all the way. We will not just be handed 3 points this afternoon.

Pretty good season so far but it has also been the story of numerous missed chances in nearly every game - two sitters missed on Thursday that would have turned game - time to start taking them starting from today!

The worry is we play Sevco next week and the officials may let Livingston hack away and give our players yellows and may be a red!

They are 2 points from the bottom, its a must win.

No more walking it through their box, have a shot when goal is in sight, too many extra touches prior to a shot.

Livingston had a layer of snow overnight but is looking grand if somewhat cold now.

The Mercer Takeover
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a660cf9fb3b877a8d7fdaa89802d3c85.jpeg

Woodburn and McEneff WTF....

Why can't Neilson just play the same team that finished against Celtic.

Tinkerman returns. We better win this

Just now, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Very attacking

Definitely is. Back to 3-4-3 but McEneff’s inclusion over Haring speaks for itself. 

...andFulton'sBaggio

Craig

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith McEneff Devlin  Cochrane

Mckay Boyce Woodburn 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Definitely is. Back to 3-4-3 but McEneff’s inclusion over Haring speaks for itself. 

What does it say in your head Mate ?

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yup! Just hope we don't get overrun in midfield... surprised at Haring dropping out!