Rangers at Home. Reduced Away Allocation

Homme

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m not so sure racism is all that much better these days, probably a bit - but it’s still there, people tend not to be so open about it now and hide, anonymously, behind social media instead.   I don’t think the kids are as bad with racism so it should get better when the dinosaurs die off.

Sectarianism on the other hand in this country shows no sign of going away. The kids might not understand what the songs are about but it doesn’t take much for them to soon be repeating them.  It’s been happening in this country far too long and needs to be taken as seriously as racism - the two are no better or worse than the other but you’ll probably disagree. 

I think we have a bigger problem with sectarianism today than racism in Scotland, especially in the west of Scotland. Always been the case and sadly probably always will be. Certainly for the foreseeable. 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• A.JAMBO

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Half the time it’s the mums that don’t want the kids to go. When my nephews were young I took them to all the games but their mum said no to old firm games because she feared there’d be trouble. Their dad (my brother) and me would’ve been fine with taking them. A bit over protective maybe but pathetic is a wee bit strong. 

Exactly... it's not just (or even, really) the songs, it's the intimidating behavior. It's the drunk knuckle-draggers marching down the middle of the road screaming abuse at any passers by. I remember it as a kid with my dad, and the majority of the time it was when the uglies came to town. So much so, that as I became an adult, my dad wouldn't go to the games against the OF and one of mates got his ST for games against them. Like another poster said, I don't even know what they're singing about most of that time.... I only know it's 'offensive' when I here the rest of our support booing them.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m not so sure racism is all that much better these days, probably a bit - but it’s still there, people tend not to be so open about it now and hide, anonymously, behind social media instead.   I don’t think the kids are as bad with racism so it should get better when the dinosaurs die off.

Sectarianism on the other hand in this country shows no sign of going away. The kids might not understand what the songs are about but it doesn’t take much for them to soon be repeating them.  It’s been happening in this country far too long and needs to be taken as seriously as racism - the two are no better or worse than the other but you’ll probably disagree. 

I've no idea what age you are, but compared to 70s and 80s it's a million times better. 

The rest of your post is hard to argue with, but I would still take my kids (it will be grandchildren next) to games against the Old Firm. I've never heard of a young Hearts fan being damaged by a song from the away end, and I doubt I ever will. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've no idea what age you are, but compared to 70s and 80s it's a million times better. 

The rest of your post is hard to argue with, but I would still take my kids (it will be grandchildren next) to games against the Old Firm. I've never heard of a young Hearts fan being damaged by a song from the away end, and I doubt I ever will. 

I’m in my 50’s, racism probably isn’t as bad but it’s still a huge problem.  I think it gets drummed into most kids these days that it’s unacceptable to abuse people because of the colour of your skin but some of the older generation remain stuck in their ways.

I would say they’ve been “damaged” if they end up like them.  That applies to the kids in the Rangers end even more so, listening to that shite week in, week out. One of the reasons racism, sectarianism has existed so long is because kids see and hear how their parents and peers behave and copy their behaviour.  The problem in this country is that there’s too many morons (especially players and ex players) who just think it’s a bit of banter. They’re a big part of the problem, especially the ones who have positions in the media and a chance to call it out but just laugh if it off instead. 

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

100%. A lot of folk saying “we must sell all our tickets now or we will look daft” and I couldnae disagree any more. If we don’t sell the tickets then so what? We are putting down a marker here, we are sending a message that we don’t need their money/bile (delete as appropriate). If we cannot take a (small) financial hit when us fans are pumping fortunes into the club, when can we? 

We need the space to grow our support. Maybe the likes of St Johnstone and Livingston should start thinking long term

about how to grow their own support, instead of dropping their kegs four times a year for short term gain. 

Spot on !

👍

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

100%. A lot of folk saying “we must sell all our tickets now or we will look daft” and I couldnae disagree any more. If we don’t sell the tickets then so what? We are putting down a marker here, we are sending a message that we don’t need their money/bile (delete as appropriate). If we cannot take a (small) financial hit when us fans are pumping fortunes into the club, when can we? 

We need the space to grow our support. Maybe the likes of St Johnstone and Livingston should start thinking long term

about how to grow their own support, instead of dropping their kegs four times a year for short term gain. 

Spot on, now’s the time for us to do this. It will benefit us in the long term. We need to make Tynecastle a fortress again and restricting the amount of the great unwashed getting tickets will help. I hope a few other. clubs take our lead. Unfortunately I don’t think that will happen though.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Deevers said:

Spot on, now’s the time for us to do this. It will benefit us in the long term. We need to make Tynecastle a fortress again and restricting the amount of the great unwashed getting tickets will help. I hope a few other. clubs take our lead. Unfortunately I don’t think that will happen though.

The other clubs simply can't afford it. They're barely surviving as it is without taking a few hundred grand out of their budget. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The other clubs simply can't afford it. They're barely surviving as it is without taking a few hundred grand out of their budget. 

Yep, will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.  At least we’re doing it and Aberdeen already do it. Hibs are probably the only other team that could possibly do it, although maybe not in the current financial situation. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yep, will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.  At least we’re doing it and Aberdeen already do it. Hibs are probably the only other team that could possibly do it, although maybe not in the current financial situation. 

👍

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Undoubtedly correct. What they do is their concern.  It just irks me a bit when I see the game here playing out continually to suit the agenda of the Old Firm. Money talks though for these clubs unfortunately. Thank the good Lord that we are now on a firm financial footing and don’t need to be beholding to either of the Glasgow arse cheeks.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Undoubtedly correct. What they do is their concern.  It just irks me a bit when I see the game here playing out continually to suit the agenda of the Old Firm. Money talks though for these clubs unfortunately. Thank the good Lord that we are now on a firm financial footing and don’t need to be beholding to either of the Glasgow arse cheeks.

It's a vicious circle and also the reason why the Scottish Game is in the state it's in. These wee teams will never vote for change while their financial existence relies on the OF away support (and ours to a degree, also.) Ironically, if the OF were to disappear to another league, I really think these teams would see growth in their support.🤷‍♂️ the 'glory hunters' may start following their home town team and the fact that there would be more competition, would entice fans back that just don't bother at the minute.

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's a vicious circle and also the reason why the Scottish Game is in the state it's in. These wee teams will never vote for change while their financial existence relies on the OF away support (and ours to a degree, also.) Ironically, if the OF were to disappear to another league, I really think these teams would see growth in their support.🤷‍♂️ the 'glory hunters' may start following their home town team and the fact that there would be more competition, would entice fans back that just don't bother at the minute.

Exactly so. Places like Perth, Kilmarnock, Dundee and Dunfermline  are full of  glory hunting Old Firm fans. The clubs in these towns cling to the shirt tails of the Old Firm and will do nothing to upset them. It’s exactly why the game here is deep in stagnation. The media here don’t help. In fact they are totally   Immersed ensuring the status quo does not change.

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly so. Places like Perth, Kilmarnock, Dundee and Dunfermline  are full of  glory hunting Old Firm fans. The clubs in these towns cling to the shirt tails of the Old Firm and will do nothing to upset them. It’s exactly why the game here is deep in stagnation. The media here don’t help. In fact they are totally   Immersed ensuring the status quo does not change.

Totally 👍

julienbrellier

For me well done hearts on doing the right thing. I actually think that 1000 tickets is far too generous. What is the minimum? if it's 500 I would simply give them that, but I imagine it is to do with segregation in which case fine.

We should limit both rangers and celtic to the minumum forever, not to do with money but to give our team the best chance of winning at tynecastle like the old firm do when they play at home.

**** them both

Just now, julienbrellier said:

For me well done hearts on doing the right thing. I actually think that 1000 tickets is far too generous. What is the minimum? if it's 500 I would simply give them that, but I imagine it is to do with segregation in which case fine.

We should limit both rangers and celtic to the minumum forever, not to do with money but to give our team the best chance of winning at tynecastle like the old firm do when they play at home.

**** them both

I think we will need to keep buying them for it to become ‘permanent’. 

See the Daily Hun are making it sound much worse than the reduction actually is. Rangers should feel lucky. Its still roughly 5% of capacity. How much do they give us? Seriously feck the OF. Only the hibbies can have the full Roseburn. And one more thing we should give Celtic the exact same allocation. 

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I've always felt that way. As soon as they piss off and join some other diddy league the rest of us can enjoy football knowing that there will be more balanced competition in the league, different title winners every year. People will start supporting their local team again. Please OF just leave even if you form your own league with just youse 2 in it. Then you can play eachother for the rest of eternity & not haunt the decent football club & supporters with sectarian bile. 

Edited by Marvin
Spelling

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I've always felt that way. As soon as they piss off and join some other diddy league the rest of us can enjoy football knowing that there will be more balanced competition in the league, different title winners every year. People will start supporting their local team again. Please OF just leave even if you form your own league with just youse 2 in it. Then you can play eachother for the rest of eternity & not haunt the decent football club & supporters with sectarian bile. 

Supporting their local team again

They've never supported their local team in the first place. Glory hunting is passed down. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Supporting their local team again

They've never supported their local team in the first place. Glory hunting is passed down. 

I went to navy cadets years ago and this lad always turned up with a Hearts scarf round his neck. One week after a hammering from oldco he turned up in a rangers scarf. Reason: "My sister thought I supported them and bought it for my birthday". It wasn't even his birthday. Glory hunting prick. 😡

13 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I went to navy cadets years ago and this lad always turned up with a Hearts scarf round his neck. One week after a hammering from oldco he turned up in a rangers scarf. Reason: "My sister thought I supported them and bought it for my birthday". It wasn't even his birthday. Glory hunting prick. 😡

🤣😆🤣

Hackney Hearts
On 25/11/2021 at 12:46, soonbe110 said:

Celtic and Rangers give us virtually as many tickets as we need. Still haven’t sold out our paltry allocation for Parkhead next week and they have been on sale for a while.

The lower demand for tickets away to the OF is largely down to the way we are treated there (I'm not just talking about rival fans). This is made worse by the small allocation - it's a vicious circle. It's easier to put up with this treatment if there's 4,000 of you, rather than a few hundred. We used to take huge supports to Ibrox and Parkhead, and we had (relative) safety in numbers. 

Great to see, would like to see the same approach taken for both Glasgow teams. Reduces the impact that their fans can have in lifting them and gives more Hearts fans a chance to go to the category A matches.

I'm in favour of this even if we don't fully sell out, and given we had 18k for Dundee Utd I'd think it's likely that we would be very close to doing so anyway with our current league position and the optimism around the club this season.

6 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Can you grow your own support on artificial turf ?

32 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The lower demand for tickets away to the OF is largely down to the way we are treated there (I'm not just talking about rival fans). This is made worse by the small allocation - it's a vicious circle. It's easier to put up with this treatment if there's 4,000 of you, rather than a few hundred. We used to take huge supports to Ibrox and Parkhead, and we had (relative) safety in numbers. 

I'm not so sure about that.

As sevco, in a previous incarnation, were getting better, our allocation was reduced. That's going back 30 odd years. Same with the mhanks later on.

Sure, there maybe some who don't go through but my view is, if you went through when we had numbers in the terracing days, dodgy stewarding would not alter your thinking !

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sure, there maybe some who don't go through but my view is, if you went through when we had numbers in the terracing days, dodgy stewarding would not alter your thinking !

I did go through in the days when we had big numbers - and yes "dodgy" stewarding (and policing) was disgraceful. But my point was that several thousand have a degree of power that a few hundred don't. Drastically decreasing the allocation has a knock-on effect on the willingness to put up with it and therefore the demand for tickets, from people I speak to (others have mentioned it on this thread - they simply refuse to go back).

5 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Exactly... it's not just (or even, really) the songs, it's the intimidating behavior. It's the drunk knuckle-draggers marching down the middle of the road screaming abuse at any passers by. I remember it as a kid with my dad, and the majority of the time it was when the uglies came to town. So much so, that as I became an adult, my dad wouldn't go to the games against the OF and one of mates got his ST for games against them. Like another poster said, I don't even know what they're singing about most of that time.... I only know it's 'offensive' when I here the rest of our support booing them.

I think you’ve nailed it tbh? 

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I did go through in the days when we had big numbers - and yes "dodgy" stewarding (and policing) was disgraceful. But my point was that several thousand have a degree of power that a few hundred don't. Drastically decreasing the allocation has a knock-on effect on the willingness to put up with it and therefore the demand for tickets, from people I speak to (others have mentioned it on this thread - they simply refuse to go back).

I hear that, mate.

My point was, it was more hairy back in the terracing days generally. I get the concerns of some and empathise !

I'll be there next week and, if like most visits, will go off without much chicanery !

6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Absolutely.

When I was a nipper I had my auld man drumming the Orange section of the songbook into me. I ended up knowing most of the lyrics and walking around thinking Catholics were arseholes who were to be avoided.

It was only when I grew up and had a mind of my own that I realised that hating Catholics was bigotry and that the Orange stuff was a load of shite that I should completely distance myself from. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think we will need to keep buying them for it to become ‘permanent’. 

Disagree, 1000 tickets should now be max for OF from now on

This is the only way to grow our support, our fans should always have the first dibs for tickets for Hearts home games

Having 90% of the support at our home games will increase our chances of beating these mutants 

This reduced allocation for the OF is for life, not just for a couple of games 

Edited by jbee647

17 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Disagree, 1000 tickets should now be max for OF from now on

This is the only way to grow our support, our fans should always have the first dibs for tickets for Hearts home games

Having 90% of the support at our home games will increase our chances of beating these mutants 

This reduced allocation for the OF is for life, not just for a couple of games 

You are allowed to disagree but that’s what the Chief Exec said last night.  

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

We should give celtic the same, but just for the banter we I propose we give them the Gina G treatment. 

Just for the banter. 

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

That was in the past.  Much worse going through there these days. Virtually any Hearts fan that wants a ticket can get one. 

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Ageee to some extent but the numbers have been dwindling for years. The experience is just awful. Police treating you like dirt on the way into stadium, small poky area for food and drink before game, locals spitting and throwing stuff the entire time with police doing nothing about it, police telling Hearts fans to sit down whilst thousands of home fans are on their feet, no flags in away section yet Broomloan stand full of them, kept in the stadium for anything up to 30 mins after game, kept in car park for another 10-15 mins, last out of  car parks means caught in all the traffic chaos, last time I was there it was nearly 7pm before getting back to Edinburgh. Just why would anyone do it. I applaud those that still go every time but question their sanity. 

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ageee to some extent but the numbers have been dwindling for years. The experience is just awful. Police treating you like dirt on the way into stadium, small poky area for food and drink before game, locals spitting and throwing stuff the entire time with police doing nothing about it, police telling Hearts fans to sit down whilst thousands of home fans are on their feet, no flags in away section yet Broomloan stand full of them, kept in the stadium for anything up to 30 mins after game, kept in car park for another 10-15 mins, last out of  car parks means caught in all the traffic chaos, last time I was there it was nearly 7pm before getting back to Edinburgh. Just why would anyone do it. I applaud those that still go every time but question their sanity. 

Some may disagree but away to the OF are the biggest games of the season for some.

Nothing insane about it. Victories there are near, but not quite, Derby victories.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

See the Daily Hun are making it sound much worse than the reduction actually is. Rangers should feel lucky. Its still roughly 5% of capacity. How much do they give us? Seriously feck the OF. Only the hibbies can have the full Roseburn. And one more thing we should give Celtic the exact same allocation. 

Absolutely. Their "faux disappointment" at "only" getting 1000 tickets is risible. They exile less than that number in a wee corner at Ibrox (as do the other cheek) and expect us to accept their magnificence in so doing. Vomit inducing hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, TorinoJambo said:

Absolutely. Their "faux disappointment" at "only" getting 1000 tickets is risible. They exile less than that number in a wee corner at Ibrox (as do the other cheek) and expect us to accept their magnificence in so doing. Vomit inducing hypocrisy.

With everything involving them and the other football teams. 

A Rangers statement reads: "Rangers can confirm that the away allocation for our match against Hearts on the 12th December is just over 1,000 tickets which is significantly lower than previous visits to Tynecastle.

"Rangers has expressed its disappointment to Hearts regarding this reduced allocation and requested additional tickets are made available if possible.

"The demand for tickets for this match is exceptionally high, with nearly 11,000 registrations received. Think it should be less lucky to get a 1,000

It's only a matter of time before some freshly made accounts start asking if anyone has any spares. No doubt they will have been following Hearts for many years, they wont have a customer reference number because they have been collecting lunar rocks while living on the moon. PHM though.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

This is exactly what I was trying to say. It's like they set out to make the experience as disgusting as possible so the demand shrinks and they can justify cutting the allocation to the minimum by saying we can scarcely sell all our tickets. It's amazing we sell as many as we do.

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

This is exactly what I was trying to say. It's like they set out to make the experience as disgusting as possible so the demand shrinks and they can justify cutting the allocation to the minimum by saying we can scarcely sell all our tickets. It's amazing we sell as many as we do.

Again, mate, I think it's more to do with their fan network. They have nearly 100K ST holders between them now. We could be flying but would still only get the corners we get now.

It's fluid of course. A change in a team's fortune could alter allocations.

4 hours ago, SupaJT said:

Great to see, would like to see the same approach taken for both Glasgow teams. Reduces the impact that their fans can have in lifting them and gives more Hearts fans a chance to go to the category A matches.

I'm in favour of this even if we don't fully sell out, and given we had 18k for Dundee Utd I'd think it's likely that we would be very close to doing so anyway with our current league position and the optimism around the club this season.

Spot on! The disadvantage to the OF not having a full stand of their vocal fans backing them and pressurising referees is considerable and worth a few empty seats.

Seymour M Hersh

**** the arse cheeks and all who sail in their bigoted, sectarian, shit-stained underwear. Well done to the club for reducing their allocation (which is still significantly larger percentage wise than ours at their hovels) and not before time. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Some may disagree but away to the OF are the biggest games of the season for some.

Nothing insane about it. Victories there are near, but not quite, Derby victories.

But a lot rarer. 

Good, **** them and **** their sister club celtic.  

It’s simple, we will give you the stand and happily take your money when we can’t fill the seats ourselves.  As soon as we can fill those seats you can go and **** yourselfs.  The end. 

17 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Absolutely, it should also be about showing we are not prepared to put up with the sectarian bile that is spouted by both sides of the Glasgow teams . Hearst made there intent on this subject quite clear when dealing with our own support however that view was never extended to real problem in the Scottish game. All clubs should be standing up and calling this out , however it seems sadly cash is still king 

On 26/11/2021 at 06:29, GinRummy said:

You seem absolutely raging with anger. Some people don’t take their kids to old firm games. That’s not a myth, it’s a fact. Hope that news doesn’t tip you over the edge. 

Yeah I’m that raging I’ve not been bothered to reply for over 24 hours, are you raging at songs with bad words in them ?

20 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Yeah I’m that raging I’ve not been bothered to reply for over 24 hours, are you raging at songs with bad words in them ?

Furious