Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth

Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott

Sad to see her Majesty unable to attend this year's remembrance. I do wonder if at 95 there is a lot more going on health wise than we are being informed of.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• The Real Maroonblood

• Japan Jambo

• Ked

Be just our luck if she pops her clogs over the Christmas break and the day off work is on a holiday day. I’m no great fan of he royals but surely time for her to give up doing appearances and so on, enjoy some peace and quiet in the time she has left. 

I thought the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge were looking a bit distracted at the Cenotaph.  As was the Clown Prince of Westminster,  but he just looked rough and on the brink of hurling his load.  

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Not buying the sprained back excuse. Don't think she is long for this world.

You don't work in HR by any chance? 🤣

Heard from a reliable source she just cannae be arsed with it. Blazing argument with Charles ended with "Just **** off Charlie and take your horse faced arse piece of a wife with you. I'm staying in, with a big bag of crisps and watching reruns of Morse"

Edited by Der Kaiser

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

Heard from a reliable source she just cannae be arsed with it. Blazing argument with Charles ended with "Just **** off Charlie and take your horse faced arse piece of a wife with you. I'm staying in, with a big bag of crisps and watching reruns of Morse"

😂

Reading what are without a doubt misleading reports from the palace, I suspect the news they are preparing for is extremely serious. The death if it were to occur of the Queen opens up a considerable decision making process. Should Charles automatically become King, if he does it is a considerable change from the past when Edward was forced to abdicate because of the woman he loved, Charles similar position. Some recent articles I have read are promoting William to be crowned, young, seems to be scandal free, and has an amenable young wife. I suspect if William does get the position, both the population and the Windsors will be happy to see the whole thing come to a peaceful end in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

You don't work in HR by any chance? 🤣

Actually, I have personal experience of how dodgy backs can be. Mine is never bad for longer than a few days and I wouldn't let it have me off work, but I have been in serious pain and unable to put my socks on after something inconspicuous like a tiny slip in the shower, or getting a plate out the cupboard etc.

Ainsley Harriott

Disappointing but unfortunately unsurprising to see some of the crass comments on here. No doubt self loathing nationalists 

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Are the crisps Doritos?

16 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Reading what are without a doubt misleading reports from the palace, I suspect the news they are preparing for is extremely serious. The death if it were to occur of the Queen opens up a considerable decision making process. Should Charles automatically become King, if he does it is a considerable change from the past when Edward was forced to abdicate because of the woman he loved, Charles similar position. Some recent articles I have read are promoting William to be crowned, young, seems to be scandal free, and has an amenable young wife. I suspect if William does get the position, both the population and the Windsors will be happy to see the whole thing come to a peaceful end in the future. 

There will be a planned out protocol regarding information released.  Either to release details of any serious condition involving imminent passing or to keep schtum until it happens.  From recent events,  I would expect the latter.  The last thing anyone needs is a colossal media frenzy about an imminent event while she lives out her last.

Fairly sure it's been confirmed beyond much doubt that Charles will become king and not abdicate later on.

Edited by Victorian

Салатные палочки

Pretty spooky but I was just reading earlier about the process when old Lizzy dies and how they have had to amend it to incorporate social media into it. 

There's a bit going around online about how she's not long for this world. With Philip gone, she may go the same way as those who's partner of many, many years passes not long before, dying of a broken heart. 

If/when she does go let's hope it's peaceful. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

There will be a planned out protocol regarding information released.  Either to release details of any serious condition involving imminent passing or to keep schtum until it happens.  From recent events,  I would expect the latter.  The last thing anyone needs is a colossal media frenzy about an imminent event while she lives out her last.

Fairly sure it's been confirmed beyond much doubt that Charles will become king and not abdicate later on.

In the last few years there is now a protocol distributed to festival venues of what happens in the event of a “situation” involving senior royalty. This didn’t used to happen so the authorities have acknowledged these things are likely now due to ageing of the royal family. If anything was to happen every single news outlet etc will have a very detailed guideline to expected behaviour. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Disappointing but unfortunately unsurprising to see some of the crass comments on here. No doubt self loathing nationalists 

😭That’s for you not the queen.

16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You sing GSTQ if you like and happy clap at those who have their cake and eat it, just don’t expect everyone else to act the same.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In the last few years there is now a protocol distributed to festival venues of what happens in the event of a “situation” involving senior royalty. This didn’t used to happen so the authorities have acknowledged these things are likely now due to ageing of the royal family. If anything was to happen every single news outlet etc will have a very detailed guideline to expected behaviour. 

So basically a Royal mourning lockdown ?   😉   Hopefully we'll be allowed out for 1 walk a day .........

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, kila said:

You sing GSTQ if you like and happy clap at those who have their cake and eat it, just don’t expect everyone else to act the same.

Or perhaps people could show a bit of respect towards their head of state?

She's just clung on after Phil died as she knew he was really ill and didn't want to leave him alone. Not an unusual thing in very long term relationships where one person is ill. Had several friends who had seriously ill family in the UK and on their return, the relative died very shortly after. Very sad but shows the inner strength even when seriously ill. She isn't long for this world I believe. And then we can expect a shitshow of epic proportions and factions breaking away and some home truths being leaked. I have ZERO time for the privilege that the royals get but that lady has definitely been the glue that had held them through some rough seas. 95 is a decent kick of the baw.

Nucky Thompson

I don't think Her Majesty will be here much longer. Charles looked very teary eyed at the Cenotaph this morning.

Something is definitely not right

Edited by Nucky Thompson

22 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Give it a rest. Lots of people who believe in an independent Scotland have served in HM forces, myself being one of them. Eleven years Royal Navy 1979-1990. Being awarded the South Atlantic, with Rose ribbon, and General service medal Gulf with clasp.

My understanding is that Scotland will keep the monarch as head of state, in the same way Australia, Canada, and New Zealand do. Many Scots will still volunteer for HM forces, in the same way many from the Republic of Ireland still do to this day. If required I would gladly haul the ceremonial gun carriage(kept at Hms Excellent, Whale Island, Portsmouth), for HM state funeral as I was trained to do in 1986, as I was part of the Naval guard at the Cenotaph that year, although getting on for 59 years old, you never forget the training as it was drummed into you over and over again. Can you claim the same?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Give it a rest. Lots of people who believe in an independent Scotland have served in HM forces, myself being one of them. Eleven years Royal Navy 1979-1990. Being awarded the South Atlantic, with Rose ribbon, and General service medal Gulf with clasp.

My understanding is that Scotland will keep the monarch as head of state, in the same way Australia, Canada, and New Zealand do. Many Scots will still volunteer for HM forces, in the same way many from the Republic of Ireland still do to this day. If required I would gladly haul the ceremonial gun carriage(kept at Hms Excellent, Whale Island, Portsmouth), for HM state funeral as I was trained to do in 1986, as I was part of the Naval guard at the Cenotaph that year, although getting on for 59 years old, you never forget the training as it was drummed into you over and over again. Can you claim the same?

Excellent post.

42 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I would reckon any "loathing" on here would be more likely directed towards you tbh.

Edited by whodanny

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Excellent post John. 

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I would reckon any "loathing" on here would be more likely directed towards you tbh.

The OP must try harder.

42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Top post.

Ainsley Harriott
36 minutes ago, whodanny said:

In what way? Showing concern for our head of state? In what way is that loathing?

Of course many (though not most) people are republicans, but she is the head of state and has done her job - her duty as she sees it - for near 70 years.  Rarely, if ever, put a foot wrong.

She wasn’t born to be queen and if her uncle had the same sense of duty that she has demonstrated, she’d be a posh old lady running a stud or stables somewhere.  I can guess what she’d rather have done.

Ainsley Harriott
31 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Excellent post John. 

Oh John, I love you John hold me close John 

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

been here before
5 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Of course many (though not most) people are republicans, but she is the head of state and has done her job - her duty as she sees it - for near 70 years.  Rarely, if ever, put a foot wrong.

She wasn’t born to be queen and if her uncle had the same sense of duty that she has demonstrated, she’d be a posh old lady running a stud or stables somewhere.  I can guess what she’d rather have done.

I imagine she'd run the stud. Then take over at the stables when she'd got her breath back.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

We all know that's why you posted, don't act the wounded soldier

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

In what way? Showing concern for our head of state? In what way is that loathing?

You know full well that I mean any loathing will be saved for you, and I can assure you, as a supporter of Scottish independence, I feel no self loathing whatsoever. However, how typical of you to turn your own thread, on the health of the Queen, into yet another excuse to have a dig at people who don't have the same political, or constitutional, beliefs as you. You're pathetic.

For what it's worth I have no time for a Monarchy, but equally I wish the Queen no ill as a human being. Also, as a supporter of Scottish independence that does not mean I support the SNP or any other party for that matter. i won't be making any futher posts on that matter, it's not why I come on JKB.

ON a human level i do feel for a very old woman who has last her husband and is probably now on her last legs. On a political level its time we got shot of the over privileged outdated . archaic intuition. So when she does goes it should be the end of the monarchy in the UK. Its ludicrous to have " Princes " and " Princesses" and " Queens" ( well maybe not so much them :) but seriously it just seems really silly bowing to someone who is meant to be superior just cause they had the luck to be born into a certain family. 

There will be citizens bereft about her death  and if thats fine too.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Or perhaps people could show a bit of respect towards their head of state?

Not much chance of that, unfortunately AH, even amongst Hearts fans.

By way of reassurance though, Her Majesty will be just fine and will likely attain the 100 as her Mother before her did.

Unthinkable to imagine what the country would become without her. 

More adept, knowledgeable and diplomatic than any, and I mean any, politician that has served during her reign. Especially so, given the current breed of all hues, preening, cheating, lying, pontificating, selfie-taking no-marks.

Send her victorious!

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

By way of reassurance though, Her Majesty will be just fine and will likely attain the 100 as her Mother before her did.

More adept, knowledgeable and diplomatic than any, and I mean any, politician that has served during her reign. Especially so, given the current breed of all hues, preening, cheating, lying, pontificating, selfie-taking no-marks.

Send her victorious!

:rofl:

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Send her victorious!

Can't you just wish 'her maj' good health without dragging your creepy, sleekit, crabbit poison in to things? Show some respect for once. 

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Send her victorious!

😆 good old Liz, keeping the demons of hell back all on her wee ownsome!

But surely the tree shagging, jug eared prick will carry on the gatekeeping effectively what with having the same, superior, blood cells ruining through His royal veins?

Perth to Paisley
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Probably still raging about Gerrard bailing out to Villa.

From the Queens 11 to the Future Kings 11?

Not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination but I wish the lady; like all others good health.