Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth

Ainsley Harriott

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Disappointing but unfortunately unsurprising to see some of the crass comments on here. No doubt self loathing nationalists 

Some people might describe you as a grovelor.Not everyone views the crown with the same fondness as you.Personally couldn't give a toss about the wellbeing of any of them.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• The Real Maroonblood

• Japan Jambo

• Ked

8 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

From the Queens 11 to the Future Kings 11?

Not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination but I wish the lady; like all others good health.

All others? Rose West is an elderly lady. 🤬

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Disappointing but unfortunately unsurprising to see some of the crass comments on here. No doubt self loathing nationalists 

Ffs! British Nationalists really are loathsome with their narrow-minded views. Grow up! I'm no royalist but the poor woman deserves a break.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not much chance of that, unfortunately AH, even amongst Hearts fans.

By way of reassurance though, Her Majesty will be just fine and will likely attain the 100 as her Mother before her did.

Unthinkable to imagine what the country would become without her. 

More adept, knowledgeable and diplomatic than any, and I mean any, politician that has served during her reign. Especially so, given the current breed of all hues, preening, cheating, lying, pontificating, selfie-taking no-marks.

Send her victorious!

To "crush rebellious Scots". Away you go!

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

Can't you just wish 'her maj' good health without dragging your creepy, sleekit, crabbit poison in to things? Show some respect for once. 

"Creepy, sleekit, crabbit poison?". I'm praising Her Majesty you complete clown. Sums your type up. Ungrateful,  bitter parasites.  Keep off the thread if you can't post positive comments. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

😆 good old Liz, keeping the demons of hell back all on her wee ownsome!

But surely the tree shagging, jug eared prick will carry on the gatekeeping effectively what with having the same, superior, blood cells ruining through His royal veins?

Yes, ruling is not an egalitarian pastime. We don't need the electorate sticking their ill-informed beaks in here, thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Creepy, sleekit, crabbit poison?". I'm praising Her Majesty you complete clown. Sums your type up. Ungrateful,  bitter parasites.  Keep off the thread if you can't post positive comments. 

😿

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not much chance of that, unfortunately AH, even amongst Hearts fans.

By way of reassurance though, Her Majesty will be just fine and will likely attain the 100 as her Mother before her did.

Unthinkable to imagine what the country would become without her. 

More adept, knowledgeable and diplomatic than any, and I mean any, politician that has served during her reign. Especially so, given the current breed of all hues, preening, cheating, lying, pontificating, selfie-taking no-marks.

Send her victorious!

I think we’d be fine. 

15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think we’d be fine. 

Personally, I think we'd struggle tbh and a part of the country will have passed away too. 

I think it would reinvigorate the Monarchy though and there would be a clamour to give the gig to William and Kate.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Personally, I think we'd struggle tbh and a part of the country will have passed away too. 

I think it would reinvigorate the Monarchy though and there would be a clamour to give the gig to William and Kate.

I don’t think the Queen plays such a large role in life for most folk like she does for you. In what way would we struggle? With grief? The will to go on? 

It feels to me that she has been the Queen all my life. I was seventeen when her father died, and was sworn in to the Army with my Oath to the Queen. Like John Finlay I received a medal for Active Service, the British General Service Medal, I also was awarded the Queens Jubilee Medal  both these medals bear the Queens head. In 1955 I was stationed at Wellington Barracks and often done Buckingham Palace guards where it was not unusual to see her when she arrived and departed the Palace. There was one evening guard at the rear of the Palace where the steps you often see the Family in the news etc. It was again not unusual to see a member of the family there. As an Edinburgh policeman I had the privilege to do duty at the front door of Holyrood Palace, i cannot make any claim that she ever said Hi Boab how you doing, but it was quite an honour to be so close. Like I think most of us I have my problems with the system of Royalty, but can honestly say I have never ha any reason to criticise or in any way demean the Queen, in fact I have to say it takes a special person to keep such a rotten job because it is her duty.

Delighted to have both a Netflix and Prime subscription for the big days/weeks ahead when she does croak it.

58 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😁

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Delighted to have both a Netflix and Prime subscription for the big days/weeks ahead when she does croak it.

12 days of official mourning. You’d be best adding another streaming service to those 2. 

25 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t think the Queen plays such a large role in life for most folk like she does for you. In what way would we struggle? With grief? The will to go on? 

If the queen plays ant kind of role at all in your life then you are a complete, sad-act weirdo. 

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Probably still raging about Gerrard bailing out to Villa.

Not sure, William is a Villa fan, he should be quite happy.

Can't bear the thought  of her maj passing at all.

TV will be horrendous, but Faceboik will be off the scale.

Prince Charles, oh ffs.

Nicholas Witchell, Jenny Bond.

Queenie, please don't leave us.

I P Knightley
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Can't bear the thought  of her maj passing at all.

TV will be horrendous, but Faceboik will be off the scale.

Prince Charles, oh ffs.

Nicholas Witchell, Jenny Bond.

Queenie, please don't leave us.

It's the though of Bozo the Clown doing one of the eulogy speeches in Westminster Abbey that gives me the boak. Not that I'd watch him but I'd still know and be able to imagine it.

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's the though of Bozo the Clown doing one of the eulogy speeches in Westminster Abbey that gives me the boak. Not that I'd watch him but I'd still know and be able to imagine it.

It’ll be his luck that she croaks it on his watch as it’ll “ unite “ the country . He will use at as much as he can to further himself 

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Not buying the sprained back excuse. Don't think she is long for this world.

Probably a reasonable prediction for anyone who is 95. :wink:

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Yes. He can tell us all how he told her a jolly little lie to get her to sign off him getting Parliament suspended to help him with his oven ready deal.

I have the thought that some in the English heartlands might just remember the Queen sitting alone at her husband’s funeral, adhering to rules made by Johnson and Hancock, whilst Hancock was smooching his bit on the side in his office. Then Johnson saw nothing to sack Hancock for.

Hopefully, the Queen is ok and can enjoy her life for a wee while yet. 
The debate on the Royal Family can be a bitter one, for good reason given how some of them carry on.
An outdated entity? Probably. Will that entity lose it’s credibility when the Queen does pass on? Undoubtedly.

Bin the royal family and return all the stolen jewels.

Operation London Bridge sounds like something that would happen in North Korea. I bear no ill will towards auld Lizzie but they've had a good run and its time to get rid of the reptilian shapeshifters. 

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Give it a rest. Lots of people who believe in an independent Scotland have served in HM forces, myself being one of them. Eleven years Royal Navy 1979-1990. Being awarded the South Atlantic, with Rose ribbon, and General service medal Gulf with clasp.

My understanding is that Scotland will keep the monarch as head of state, in the same way Australia, Canada, and New Zealand do. Many Scots will still volunteer for HM forces, in the same way many from the Republic of Ireland still do to this day. If required I would gladly haul the ceremonial gun carriage(kept at Hms Excellent, Whale Island, Portsmouth), for HM state funeral as I was trained to do in 1986, as I was part of the Naval guard at the Cenotaph that year, although getting on for 59 years old, you never forget the training as it was drummed into you over and over again. Can you claim the same?

As the Americans like to say, John, thank you for your service.  And the same to @Sharpie.

I did my National Service helping set up a new computer system in the Pay Corps, so that doesn't count!  :biggrin:

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Think it is one for the funeral and another for the coronation.

That’s right. Not sure if some government employees might be off for the full mourning period. The one thing that’s absolutely certain is the telly will be pish. 

45 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’ll be his luck that she croaks it on his watch as it’ll “ unite “ the country . He will use at as much as he can to further himself 

Be in no doubt that the shameless, opportunistic liar would do just that and that many would fall for it. 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

I imagine she'd run the stud. Then take over at the stables when she'd got her breath back.

Yeah.  I kinda ‘got’ it before you edited it…..

Dunno if theres anything actually in it, or if its just coincidence but have saw a couple that had been married for decades pass away quite close together. So with that in mind it wouldn't surprise me if her health isn't great. When she does pass away it will be interesting to see what happens. Charles seems relatively loathed and doesn't seem to carry the same reverence as his mother. Think Australia have intimated they'd look to move on following the queens death and obviously domestically we have our own stuff going on. 

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

It feels to me that she has been the Queen all my life. I was seventeen when her father died, and was sworn in to the Army with my Oath to the Queen. Like John Finlay I received a medal for Active Service, the British General Service Medal, I also was awarded the Queens Jubilee Medal  both these medals bear the Queens head. In 1955 I was stationed at Wellington Barracks and often done Buckingham Palace guards where it was not unusual to see her when she arrived and departed the Palace. There was one evening guard at the rear of the Palace where the steps you often see the Family in the news etc. It was again not unusual to see a member of the family there. As an Edinburgh policeman I had the privilege to do duty at the front door of Holyrood Palace, i cannot make any claim that she ever said Hi Boab how you doing, but it was quite an honour to be so close. Like I think most of us I have my problems with the system of Royalty, but can honestly say I have never ha any reason to criticise or in any way demean the Queen, in fact I have to say it takes a special person to keep such a rotten job because it is her duty.

This.

It’s a pity these threads always turn into a den of trolls and others clamouring to outdo each other with how much they despise them.

Surprised we haven’t had the ‘French & Russians had the right idea’ comments yet (What? Shoot children?)

There’s a worthwhile discussion to be had on our method of government and head of state, but you’ll never find it on here, alas.

Edit to add:  I certainly don’t include you in the second sentence, Bob.

Edited by FWJ

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Minimum two days holiday when the queen dies. 

Some places will need to stay open I wonder if they will be payed time and a half or get the two days back as a holiday 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Why would I care if a old woman dies I don’t know or related too 😂. The Struggle would be nothing to watch on TV but IPTV will take care of that for me. 

Naisys Tackle

Let’s hope she’s okay and goes and enjoys retirement for a few years. Andrews her fave seeming, that welt must be guilty as feck. 

17 minutes ago, felix said:

A lot of notes & coins to be trashed and then remade, when she goes.

Other countries have her on their money too. Then there's the stamps. No wonder the country has to shut down when the time comes.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Dunno if theres anything actually in it, or if its just coincidence but have saw a couple that had been married for decades pass away quite close together. So with that in mind it wouldn't surprise me if her health isn't great. When she does pass away it will be interesting to see what happens. Charles seems relatively loathed and doesn't seem to carry the same reverence as his mother. Think Australia have intimated they'd look to move on following the queens death and obviously domestically we have our own stuff going on. 

Barbados didn't wait and recently replaced the queen with an elected Head of State.  No doubt other former colonies will do the same over time. 

As for here, I think she should have been allowed/forced to seriously reduce her public duties 30 years ago.

47 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Other countries have her on their money too. Then there's the stamps. No wonder the country has to shut down when the time comes.

All these notes & coins from GB, Australia, NZ & Canada - down the pan !  

Hopefully for the sake of the planet, there's recycling potential.

image.png.634629918d5608203a9bbc6e42a47808.png

5 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Barbados didn't wait and recently replaced the queen with an elected Head of State.  No doubt other former colonies will do the same over time. 

As for here, I think she should have been allowed/forced to seriously reduce her public duties 30 years ago.

I was reading about her busy October schedule earlier. 10 days of duties, some of which were hosting Zoom calls and 1 was a day at the races.

She seems to be a nice lady but there really is no place in the modern world for a Royal Family.

No matter your views on the monarchy I think that the woman has carried her role with dignity .

That she was born into it and accepted it could be scrutinised.

Her offspring are nowhere near her.

Without knowing her I respect how she has carried herself.