• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JDK2020
20 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I don’t need to educate myself everyone knew what went on , this was covered up in the 70s the governing bodies turned a blind eye and now it has come back to bite them on the bum, it’s funny how when other teams are mentioned you come up with 20 pages of evidence against Celtic, this went on at other clubs and one in particular who sing songs and score points on the subject are culpable as well , it’s not a one club thing it’s rife and has been going on for decades , Celtic are having their time in court and I hope to god these other clubs answer for it too , also if you are going to argue see the all sides it’s not one club as  you will find out when other clubs have to face their judgement day

Don't you think it strange that he could readily find "20 pages of evidence against Celtic", and I'm betting twenty pages worth is only a spit in the ocean if he really went digging.

I dont think anybody is kidded that child abuse is confined to just one club, and just to football, but your rather paranoid following of the celtic line of "it wisnae jist us" is curious. 

buzzbomb1958
51 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Don't you think it strange that he could readily find "20 pages of evidence against Celtic", and I'm betting twenty pages worth is only a spit in the ocean if he really went digging.

I dont think anybody is kidded that child abuse is confined to just one club, and just to football, but your rather paranoid following of the celtic line of "it wisnae jist us" is curious. 

Im not defending Septic they deserve every thing they get , but he is a supporter of the other team and wont even entertain anything said against them , The argument was whether they would pay out of their own pocket , which a corporate lawyer of 30 yrs experience in business and insurance law wrote in the guardian they wouldnt  I think id believe that before listening to someone with leanings toward Govan , sorry but every time any subject comes up about the uglies he pops up to defend his team if you dont believe me look back on any dicussion which involves the uglies , and for your info I hate both the uglies with equal measure they are horrible institutions

132goals1958
10 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

That's a big if and would hinge on the terms of the agreement. 

It is possible of course I just can't see many insurers offering coverage for historic sexual abuse and being very blasé about when they would pay out on them into the bargain. 

The idea that insurance would cover those type of circumstances would sadly be a further reflection of the world we live in. 

13 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Im not defending Septic they deserve every thing they get , but he is a supporter of the other team and wont even entertain anything said against them , The argument was whether they would pay out of their own pocket , which a corporate lawyer of 30 yrs experience in business and insurance law wrote in the guardian they wouldnt  I think id believe that before listening to someone with leanings toward Govan , sorry but every time any subject comes up about the uglies he pops up to defend his team if you dont believe me look back on any dicussion which involves the uglies , and for your info I hate both the uglies with equal measure they are horrible institutions

It's discussing Celtic, nobody mentioned Rangers or Sevco, apart from you, as usual. Your failure to condemn Celtic without bringing other clubs into it, speaks volumes.

And as for your Guardian journalist that you keep banging on about, have we just to ignore other's that tell us Celtic's insurance won't pay out? 

JimmyCant
3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Gordon Woods (one of Jim Torbett's many victims at Celtic) has came out and said under no circumstances will he be signing a NDA. He wants the world to know exactly what went on at Celtic and what was allowed to happen at Celtic. 

Fair enough, but he and a few of the others have had their sad and sordid tales out there for years. There is not much more to reveal in terms of the acts themselves. You’d think the only things to be NDA’d now would be the amounts compensated and whether Celtic admitted liability and/or apologised. I don’t think a lot of these poor guys will accept resolution without Celtic publicly apologising and accepting they were liable and complicit.

Edited by JimmyCant

buzzbomb1958
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It's discussing Celtic, nobody mentioned Rangers or Sevco, apart from you, as usual. Your failure to condemn Celtic without bringing other clubs into it, speaks volumes.

And as for your Guardian journalist that you keep banging on about, have we just to ignore other's that tell us Celtic's insurance won't pay out? 

And here is the Sevco herald there is no more to discuss with you Celtics victims will be paid compensation and quite rightly , it will als soon be Hibs Dundee Utd and Sevcos turn and their victims will be paid also and quite rightly, hope your games on tonight wouldn’t want you travelling up for nothing

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

And here is the Sevco herald there is no more to discuss with you Celtics victims will be paid compensation and quite rightly , it will als soon be Hibs Dundee Utd and Sevcos turn and their victims will be paid also and quite rightly, hope your games on tonight wouldn’t want you travelling up for nothing

Absolutely horrific, boring patter. 😴 

JimmyCant
10 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

What ? The guy who has a Celtic fan and ex player as his user name 🤔

JDK2020
39 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

No, maybe you can take your own advice and go back and read your own posts on this matter. You seem overly and curiously obsessed with diverting attention away from the topic of the thread. 

WorldChampions1902
On 08/04/2024 at 21:51, Sooks said:

Surely to **** you can’t get an insurer who pays out for THAT

I have no desire to engage in a debate about whether Celtic Football Club will be covered by their Insurance Company for this horrendous case, but coming back to your question above, yes there is precedent for insurance payouts at other clubs.

The Barry Bennell case at Crewe Alexandra is one that I recall and the reason I remember that is because just like yourself, I couldn’t believe that an insurer would provide cover for such an awful set of ‘circumstances’.

3 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I have no desire to engage in a debate about whether Celtic Football Club will be covered by their Insurance Company for this horrendous case, but coming back to your question above, yes there is precedent for insurance payouts at other clubs.

The Barry Bennell case at Crewe Alexandra is one that I recall and the reason I remember that is because just like yourself, I couldn’t believe that an insurer would provide cover for such an awful set of ‘circumstances’.

That's true. But with Celtic having seven convicted coaches, and re-hiring known paedophiles to work with children, I doubt very much that any insurance company would touch them, knowing full well they could be liable for millions. As already said, though. Let's wait and see.

buzzbomb1958
26 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Absolutely horrific, boring patter. 😴 

Don’t be so obvious 

3 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Really surprised by that . Some world we live in 

JDK2020
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Really surprised by that . Some world we live in 

If you're surprised by that then the story of what went on at CP would leave you dumbfounded.

By The Light..

After watching Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story on Netflix nothing about Britain in the latter half of last century should surprise anyone. 

He hosted ToTP from 1964 to 88 was made OBE then knighted and only after he died aged 84 in 2011 did any allegations come to light.

10 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

After watching Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story on Netflix nothing about Britain in the latter half of last century should surprise anyone. 

He hosted ToTP from 1964 to 88 was made OBE then knighted and only after he died aged 84 in 2011 did any allegations come to light.

Not true. The rumours and allegations about Jimmy Savile were flying about for years, but those in power chose to ignore it. John Lydon called him out, live on tv, and still nothing was done about it. It was the worst kept secret in the entertainment world.

34 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

If you're surprised by that then the story of what went on at CP would leave you dumbfounded.

I know little bits . One of those things that I can only read so much about before I find myself feeling really sad and depressed and I need to take a break from any more misery 

By The Light..
17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Not true. The rumours and allegations about Jimmy Savile were flying about for years, but those in power chose to ignore it. John Lydon called him out, live on tv, and still nothing was done about it. It was the worst kept secret in the entertainment world.

I agree hiding in plain sight and yeah Lydon, Russell Harty and many others 

JDK2020
36 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Savile's case is frighteningly similar to the Celtic situation in that everyone in house seemingly knew what was going on but decided to keep quiet. This no doubt emboldened the perpetrators to think - not without reason - that they were untouchable and so more victims were targeted.

Even Esther Rantzen who founded Childline conceded that she was one of many at the BBC who learned of Savile's behaviour but kept quiet 

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Edinburgh Academy is it not ?

There may well be one against the Academy but the one I refer to is about lack of lectures and a whole raft of other things caused by the lockdowns. I mentioned it because it is another Class Action not because it was the same issue as the sellik one. 

PortyBeach
On 09/04/2024 at 12:18, Sir PH said:

What insurance company would happily insure Celtic, knowing what's went on there and that it would potentially cost them millions? 

Also, if Celtic Boys Club were a separate entity from Celtic Football Club (as has been Celtic's stance since day one) why on earth would they need insurance against this type of thing in the first place? 

You’re suggesting “liability insurance” is designed purely to protect an organisation from allegations of child abuse, then?

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

those in power chose to ignore it.

So, the allegations didn’t “come to light” - as the poster said..?

16 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

You’re suggesting “liability insurance” is designed purely to protect an organisation from allegations of child abuse, then?

No, that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm saying I find it highly unlikely that an insurance company would cover Celtic, given their past history. And again, why would Celtic need an insurance policy for a Boys Club that was a "separate entity" and nothing to do with them? 

7 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

So, the allegations didn’t “come to light” - as the poster said..?

What poster? What exactly is your point? 

If you're another one that hasn't read up on this, it's pointless having a discussion about it.

Edited by Sir PH

JDK2020
11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

What ? The guy who has a Celtic fan and ex player as his user name 🤔

Ah, suddenly his stance becomes very much clearer.

Hmfc1965
22 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

No, that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm saying I find it highly unlikely that an insurance company would cover Celtic, given their past history. And again, why would Celtic need an insurance policy for a Boys Club that was a "separate entity" and nothing to do with them? 

It's not the boys club as a separate entity being sued though.

7 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's not the boys club as a separate entity being sued though.

Because Celtic's line that that they were a separate entity has been blown out of the water.

PortyBeach
9 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Whether or not the insurers pay out is another matter, surely?

You’re assuming Celtic FC “needed” this policy for an at arms-length associated body. 
Why? Surely Celtic as an organisation would have taken out a form of liability insurance as a matter of course to cover a range of possible damages?

This insurance now only comes into play vis-a-vis the Boys Club because Celtic have decided to take responsibility for what happened. 

Finlay James

I sincerely hope that the many victims receive a heartfelt apology and are compensated appropriately and can hope to pick up the pieces of their lives.

They are the only thing that matter in all of this.

Hmfc1965
9 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Because Celtic's line that that they were a separate entity has been blown out of the water.

Yes but the point is now that's happened,  depending on the terms of the policy, the football club's public liability insurance will have to cover it.

Hmfc1965
10 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Whether or not the insurers pay out is another matter, surely?

You’re assuming Celtic FC “needed” this policy for an at arms-length associated body. 
Why? Surely Celtic as an organisation would have taken out a form of liability insurance as a matter of course to cover a range of possible damages?

This insurance now only comes into play vis-a-vis the Boys Club because Celtic have decided to take responsibility for what happened. 

They agreed to take responsibility after the court decided they could be sued.

10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yes but the point is now that's happened,  depending on the terms of the policy, the football club's public liability insurance will have to cover it.

Yes, but would you cover Celtic, knowing what went on there for the best part of 40 years? Insurance companies aren't in the business of losing money, and they will know this would eventually reach court and payment day, eventually. 

Hmfc1965
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Yes, but would you cover Celtic, knowing what went on there for the best part of 40 years? Insurance companies aren't in the business of losing money, and they will know this would eventually reach court and payment day, eventually. 

It will be the insurance that Celtic had at the time the events took place that will have to cover it.

3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It will be the insurance that Celtic had at the time the events took place that will have to cover it.

Good luck to them sorting that out, it spanned decades. And who's to say public liability will even cover it? I'm sure the insurance company will fight this tooth and nail, especially with the amount of claimants and potential payouts. 

Hmfc1965
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Good luck to them sorting that out, it spanned decades. And who's to say public liability will even cover it? I'm sure the insurance company will fight this tooth and nail, especially with the amount of claimants and potential payouts. 

As I said it will depend on the terms of the policy but I suspect the insurers won't have much choice for at least a high proportion of it.

Public liability insurance has to cover personal injury and these acts are clearly that.

They're also not agreeing the policy terms with the benefit of hindsight.

JDK2020
12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

If ever they needed any tips on the subject...

Lawsuits and claims over sex abuse allegations in Catholic Church resulted in $3.8 billion in payouts since 1980s, group says | CNN

Edited by JDK2020

14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

As I said it will depend on the terms of the policy but I suspect the insurers won't have much choice for at least a high proportion of it.

Public liability insurance has to cover personal injury and these acts are clearly that.

They're also not agreeing the policy terms with the benefit of hindsight.

The insurers will go through every piece of it with a fine tooth comb. It's been said elsewhere that because of the circumstances (and Celtic's re-employment of known sex offenders) that their public liability insurance won't cover it. Time will tell, and it's all guesswork at the moment. 

PortyBeach
41 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

They agreed to take responsibility after the court decided they could be sued.

Nevertheless, they have taken responsibility.

It remains to be seen how their insurers react going forward. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Lets be clear on this, they have NOT taken responsibility on this.  They tried to settle earlier with a paltry sum, and a sweep under the carpet clause, The Class Act, still chose to have their day in court as its more about bringing it into the open,  This time once again we are hearing that they wish to settle.  But lets be clear their PR machine will still state it wasn't them it was the bhoys club.  The apology will be made but worded as its all the victims fault.

After this a full public enquiry needs done, and Celtic as an institution should never be allowed anywhere near kids, and any failure on that puts future generations of kids at severe risk.

Celtic will be tarnished forever when found guilty. 

They have tried everything possible to hide their wrongdoings - had they taken responsibility and admitted their failings, perhaps there would be redemption but not after their efforts to sweep it all under the carpet. 

JDK2020

Nevertheless, they have taken responsibility...

If that statement wasn't so crass and insensitive, it would be hilarious.

10 minutes ago, M.N.M said:

Celtic will be tarnished forever when found guilty. 

They have tried everything possible to hide their wrongdoings - had they taken responsibility and admitted their failings, perhaps there would be redemption but not after their efforts to sweep it all under the carpet. 

You would think so but look at the BBC , RC Church , Scouts , Hollywood ect. All still operating with minimal reputational damage after their well publicised history of child abuse . The general public have a weird sort of way of just moving on with things 

PortyBeach
6 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

If that statement wasn't so crass and insensitive, it would be hilarious.

What you have to answer is whether or not the statement is true.

Put your faux outrage to the side for a moment and consider my point. 

16 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Taking responsibility would have meant holding their hands up at the start of all this, admitting they were at fault and saving young men/boys years of mental and physical pain. They did none of those, and are now trying to worm their way out of it by paying compensation to keep it out of court, alongside NDA's. That might be your idea of taking responsibility, but it's certainly not mine.

Edit to add, some of the abused have committed suicide or turned to drink and drugs to cope with what they went through. But well done Celtic, on taking responsibility. 

Edited by Sir PH

John Findlay
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I believe you are wrong here. The last thing Celtic have done in this, is take responsibility.

JDK2020

"faux outrage"?

Yeah, let's just pretend it's an outrage.

Right you are mate.

Edited by JDK2020

JDK2020
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Taking responsibility would have meant holding their hands up at the start of all this, admitting they were at fault and saving young men/boys years of mental and physical pain. They did none of those, and are now trying to worm their way out of it by paying compensation to keep it out of court, alongside NDA's. That might be your idea of taking responsibility, but it's certainly not mine.

Edit to add, some of the abused have committed suicide or turned to drink and drugs to cope with what they went through. But well done Celtic, on taking responsibility. 

But it's just "faux outrage" apparently

• davemclaren locked this topic