TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Just now, chrisyboy7 said:

This does not raise money and puts our capacity down to 19k lol....we need 25k now.  If we can generate more income it all goes into the squad. making it better. Hearts will break 20 million next season.  but we need to grow our fan base and tyncastle will hold is back in the coming years. 

I would love to have a 25 thousand capacity but now is a bit unrealistic is it not ……… we would have to build a whole new stand and add 5 thousand on to its capacity that in its self would require temporarily reducing our capacity before you even consider whether we could achieve it with the restrictions of space and height

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hackney Hearts

20 million seats next season?

Traffic chaos if we get near a sell-out - can't see them allowing it.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Indeed. 

The corners are bigger than what I thought they were. 

I was thinking they'd add 2-3k max. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Thought Police
25 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We just have to reduce the away fans for now. Still have problem in couple of years, Then act.

I agree. We’ve had purple patches over the last 30 years, but inevitably attendances fall back down. We need to show it’s a 3-4 year improvement before spending millions to increase capacity at a very difficult stadium to develop.

edit: jamboinglasgow beat me to it

Edited by Thought Police

upgotheheads

I might have said this before on here, but the limiting factor now is the positioning of the four corner stanchions. They limit pitch size (too small in my opinion), and also capacity.

Try to imagine this without a drawing:

Two pylon structures on the ground we own behind the new stand.

Two cantilever beams extending from them to beneath the 'coat hanger' structures which support the roof of the new stand 

The two stanchions on the Mcleod street side removed, after the cantilevers are installed.

This would allow the corners on that side to be filled with seats, adding maybe 5 thousand to the capacity of the ground (that's a guess).

To widen the pitch would need the removal of two rows from the front of the new stand, which would cost maybe a thousand  seats (again a guess).

This could increase capacity to around 24K, and give us a pitch big enough for all levels of football (possibly).

It so happens that I have already earmarked £10 million from my upcoming massive euro millions win for this project, though I haven't mentioned it to Ann Budge yet.

Edited by upgotheheads

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I might have said this before on here, but the limiting factor now is the positioning of the four corner stanchions. They limit pitch size (too small in my opinion), and also capacity.

Two cantilever beams extending from them to beneath the 'coat hanger' structures which support the roof of the new stand 

The two stanchions on the Mcleod street side removed, after the cantilevers are installed.

This would allow the corners on that side to be filled with seats, adding maybe 5 thousand to the capacity of the ground (that's a guess).

To widen the pitch would need the removal of a row from the front of the new stand and the Wheatfield, which would cost maybe a thousand  seats (again a guess).

This could increase capacity to around 24K, and give us a pitch big enough for all levels of football (possibly).

It so happens that I have already earmarked £10 million from my upcoming massive euro millions win for this project, though I haven't mentioned it to Ann Budge yet.

You will need about £50m I reckon so I might chuck in £40m of my win next week. 

25k would be nice but it's only nice if its filled. Other than Europe and hibs games the demand isn't there. Weve had good solid crowds all season but lets not pretend every game was sold out and fans were being left out. One shite season and the day trippers down tools again. Tynecastle is fine as it is.

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You will need about £50m I reckon so I might Chuck £40m of my win next week. 

It would need negotiations of course, so we can talk once the money's in the bank. I think you're two pessimistic though. Two pylon cantilever supports, removal of seats and installation of corner seats, maybe £15 million?  But we would need a feasibility study. I'll be in touch.

Rocky jamboa

A 20k capacity is ideal for us..there isn't that many games that sell out and we've got murrayfield as a fall back if we were to get a big glamour euro tie. I can see us selling 16k+ season tickets this year so there won't be many walk up tickets. 

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It would need negotiations of course, so we can talk once the money's in the bank. I think you're two pessimistic though. Two pylon cantilever supports, removal of seats and installation of corner seats, maybe £15 million?  But we would need a feasibility study. I'll be in touch.

did someone say Fill the corners?

What is our max season ticket allocation? I remember we sold out seasons tickets during the Vlad era. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This does not raise money and puts our capacity down to 19k lol....we need 25k now.  If we can generate more income it all goes into the squad. making it better. Hearts will break 20 million next season.  but we need to grow our fan base and tyncastle will hold is back in the coming years. 

We don't need 25k.

Gorgie_Rules

The only room for expansion is knocking down the Wheatfield and building a larger, potentially two tiered stand with the footprint behind. It would be a tight squeeze, potentially requiring a bit of the distillery’s grounds and permission from residents but reckon it could be done.

At the same time we’d need to remove the pylons and come up with a solution for the Gorgie and Roseburn roofs so could potentially fill this corners at same time.

Can’t see any of that being cheap mind.

5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The only room for expansion is knocking down the Wheatfield and building a larger, potentially two tiered stand with the footprint behind. It would be a tight squeeze, potentially requiring a bit of the distillery’s grounds and permission from residents but reckon it could be done.

At the same time we’d need to remove the pylons and come up with a solution for the Gorgie and Roseburn roofs so could potentially fill this corners at same time.

Putting costs to one side for a second ………… could we buy the community pitch and build a larger new Wheatfield with a smaller number of seats facing the community pitch as well and use that for the womens and reserves games

Only things I wanted improved in the stadium for now are:

1. Paint the walls inside the stand maroon, plus all the grey handrails in the new stand so they're maroon like the other stands (Stamford Bridge a good example of how much better a ground can be on the inside when it's been painted in team colours, don't think there's a cladding or column in there that hasn't been painted blue)

2. Replace the ugly white G4S partition for away fans with a maroon one.

Would make us look better on TV, especially now we'll be on it across Europe every other Thursday...

For league games we are probably ok as is. We did hit 24,000 for Aberdeen and 32,000 for Rangers at Murrayfield But was 17,000-18,000 for Kilmarnock.

Would be good for upcoming European games. I’m 04/05 we pulled in 27,000 for Schalke and Ferencváros games and were scraping 10,000 in the league. Think we could get close to 40,000 for some proper glamour ties if capacity wasn’t an issue.

johnking123

I've said it before. Hearts are a growing club and Edinburgh as whole is growing fast as well. Nothing the matter with planning ahead with possible larger capacity. Wheatfield is the obvious one and it would be wise to look into purchasing the pitch and car park next to it. Maybe something our benefactors could help us with. 

The only thing that really annoys me about tynie is the uneven amount of seats at the back of the gorgie stand.

I think I remember the issue being a lack of light for the flats on gorgie road, but may be wrong.

If we could move that up so it was even then I’d be happy.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

I've said it before. Hearts are a growing club and Edinburgh as whole is growing fast as well. Nothing the matter with planning ahead with possible larger capacity. Wheatfield is the obvious one and it would be wise to look into purchasing the pitch and car park next to it. Maybe something our benefactors could help us with. 

A reserves/21s/womens stadium on that pitch area would be brilliant. Like Man City have.

Obviously it wouldn’t need to be anything fancy, but would really add to the area. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

The only thing that really annoys me about tynie is the uneven amount of seats at the back of the gorgie stand.

I think I remember the issue being a lack of light for the flats on gorgie road, but may be wrong.

It was a condition of planning permission so won’t be happening. 

I wouldn't be for reducing hibs allocation. Doesn't make us any more money, takes a lot away from the Derby.  Just look West,  they have ruined their atmosphere with tit for tat ticket reductions. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I wouldn't be for reducing hibs allocation. Doesn't make us any more money, takes a lot away from the Derby.  Just look West,  they have ruined their atmosphere with tit for tat ticket reductions. 

Selling season tickets in the Roseburn gives us more guaranteed income for the season. 

Abiola Dauda
On 14/01/2022 at 10:21, highlandjambo3 said:

We do sell out hospitality quite often do we not.  Not an economics or business expert here but one thing I do know……………keeping an empty space is not a good idea.

What about a gym?  Infrastructure is already there, gym space, toilets, power etc…..lease in some decent kit, fit the place out, hire in a few trainers and see what happens.

Love this idea! Youth team can use it too.

Clerry Jambo

Hearts need to start selling every single available seat first before expanding more. Eg empty seats not being made available in certain areas 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearts need to start selling every single available seat first before expanding more. Eg empty seats not being made available in certain areas 

Yep, far too early to discuss expanding more…. These new fans could disappear as quickly as they have appeared.

33 minutes ago, kila said:

Only things I wanted improved in the stadium for now are:

1. Paint the walls inside the stand maroon, plus all the grey handrails in the new stand so they're maroon like the other stands (Stamford Bridge a good example of how much better a ground can be on the inside when it's been painted in team colours, don't think there's a cladding or column in there that hasn't been painted blue)

2. Replace the ugly white G4S partition for away fans with a maroon one.

Would make us look better on TV, especially now we'll be on it across Europe every other Thursday...

Wonder if we did reduce the Roseburn to two sections for all teams we could have some sort of permanent double fence spanning across a couple of seats instead of that G4S wrap. Possibly with clear pvc between so nowt can get thrown thru the fence. Would give us more seats as G4S wrap takes up about 10 seats wide.

Another for the never gonna happen ideas - raise the wheatfield roof adding a tier on top, supported by extending the corner pillar towers up the way ⬆️ 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Indeed. 

The corners are bigger than what I thought they were. 

I was thinking they'd add 2-3k max. 

I think it’s because we can get three tiers in the cornerz (unlike the Wheatfield where we can only have 2) that you can get near the 20 million mark.

Mind you, the drawings apparently only get us to 19.9 million and sone posters are absolutely raging about that. 

johnking123

Our season tickets did not drop below 12k even when we were awful. Used to be 8k or less only ten years ago. But I did say give it's a couple of season and just look into it. Not planning ahead would be worse for us long term. 

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Some will still want us playing European games at Murrayfield.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

To widen the pitch would need the removal of two rows from the front of the new stand, which would cost maybe a thousand  seats (again a guess).

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

You obviously haven't read my post, quoted above.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL? ( merged )
55 minutes ago, Dayman said:

A reserves/21s/womens stadium on that pitch area would be brilliant. Like Man City have.

Obviously it wouldn’t need to be anything fancy, but would really add to the area. 

If we could buy the pitch and the strip of warehouses along the side of it then any rebuild of the Wheatfield could include a gallery facing out to the community pitch and a small stand or covered terrace along the warehouse side …………… obviously price and height restrictions could be very prohibitive

This topic comes around every so often, the demand has to be there consistently for for a sustained period of time before thinking about increasing the capacity, it will be difficult and costly, look at Aberdeens new estimate for their new stadium, give away fans less tickets if we need to and we also lose to many seats to segregation, if we continue progressing as we are then I'm sure something will have to be done, but for the next two or three seasons we are fine as it is.

upgotheheads
17 minutes ago, garybwick said:

This topic comes around every so often, the demand has to be there consistently for for a sustained period of time before thinking about increasing the capacity, it will be difficult and costly, look at Aberdeens new estimate for their new stadium, give away fans less tickets if we need to and we also lose to many seats to segregation, if we continue progressing as we are then I'm sure something will have to be done, but for the next two or three seasons we are fine as it is.

With the number of European games we will have next season we could potentially fill a bigger stadium a few times. 

10 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Can we fill in the corners?

We could on one side at least, see below.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Heartsofgold

The only way to increase capacity at Tynecastle is to redevelop the Wheatfield stand. 

This would mean building back and not making this stand higher due to the way all 4 stands are constructed. 

That means having to purchase the playing field behind the Wheatfield AND getting the distillery to move those ethanol tanks. This last part is a 100% deal breaker for us expanding Tynecastle any more. 

Even if we get all this done we are talking a 12-18 month reconstruction period which means a reduced capacity of about 6-7000 for that period.   Of course this means a massive drop in revenue for at least 1 season. 

Taking all that into consideration, unfortunately realistically I don’t think there is much scope for us to increase the supporter capacity in our current (and only) home. 

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

With the number of European games we will have next season we could potentially fill a bigger stadium a few times. 

And then what happens if we don’t do as well in the league next year and aren’t making Europe consistently? We saw this after 2005/06. We’d have attendances of 14k in a 25,000 seater stadium.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This is what bugs me. We have matches that are sold out, but then at the game there are plenty of pockets of seats available…. Bottom corners of the Roseburn. Bottom of section T in the Main stand, bottom section of G in Wheatfield and always a load of seats in lower Z of Gorgie.

Add to that the ridiculous number of seats given to segregation in the Roseburn … Liverpool v Man U by comparison had about 3 columns of seats separating supporters. It’s the same at Arsenal. Spurs etc 

Theme From Sparta F.C.
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

And now there's large Trees  growing in the "back greens" that are blocking out more daylight to these flats than a full sized Gorgie Stand ever would....

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

What would be holding up the roofs of the end stands at this point?

johnking123

I just want to see my club grow. Have to get It right on the pitch for a good few seasons first granted. But we have to be ready to try create greater revenue and hopefully catch up slightly with old firm. Plus put distance between us and chasing pack. 

Phil D. Corners
19 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

The only way to increase capacity at Tynecastle is to redevelop the Wheatfield stand. 

This would mean building back and not making this stand higher due to the way all 4 stands are constructed. 

That means having to purchase the playing field behind the Wheatfield AND getting the distillery to move those ethanol tanks. This last part is a 100% deal breaker for us expanding Tynecastle any more. 

Even if we get all this done we are talking a 12-18 month reconstruction period which means a reduced capacity of about 6-7000 for that period.   Of course this means a massive drop in revenue for at least 1 season. 

Taking all that into consideration, unfortunately realistically I don’t think there is much scope for us to increase the supporter capacity in our current (and only) home. 

I disagree. In fact two of your arguments were over come building the main stand. 

And while all 4 stands are constructed the same way, it doesn’t mean the a redeveloped Wheatfield would need to follow the same way. 

21 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We could on one side at least, see below.

I agree but we need to show a consistent length of progression to show it would not be a waste of money, what if we have a bad season 2022/2023 or 2023/2024 there is nothing worse in my opinion as large amounts of empty seats during matches, Hibs are the perfect example, show we can sell out regularly then a plan to increase will have to be on the table.

Just get a company to weld about 10-15 rows of seats high with maybe about 10 seats  long on each floodlight upright with a lift behind for access to each row of seats - easy ! 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Yep, far too early to discuss expanding more…. These new fans could disappear as quickly as they have appeared.

:spoton:

avhudtheteeshirt
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Some will still want us playing European games at Murrayfield.

Depending on Euro tournament your playing in, our pitch does not fit regulations!!!

So a move to Murrayfield would have to be considered for these games.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )