TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@JimmyCant spins his Rolodex in fury and clenches his fists

4 insults in one thread now. Maybe I’m under your skin a bit huh. Bit juvenile considering you know feck all about the subject being discussed yourself 

Hey Ho. I’m sure there’s more than one idiot in your village

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

4 insults in one thread now. Maybe I’m under your skin a bit huh. Bit juvenile considering you know feck all about the subject being discussed yourself 

:lol: 

46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

More importantly any update on the text ? 

August Landmesser
9 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Having worked in places where they have gone from in-house to Compass then to Sodexo (or perhaps vice-versa) and then on to other contractors, I could never see any improvement in the quality of service.

Indeed, those employees who went through all the changes often bemoaned that their circumstances got worse.

One cleaner told me that she got warned off for reaching up to run a dusting cloth over the top of a door frame.  "Health and safety risk" she was told: "not allowed to reach above head height".

Seems reasonable, imagine a 200-rm hotel, main door, ensuite and a cupboard or two in each room, that's 800 doors, half a dozen cleaners, reaching up to dust the top of them every day, plus all the other manual labour they do when cleaning up after guests. 

I welcome whatever it takes to make their work easier - much easier on the body to do a door with a feather duster anyway.

'mon the Health & Safety at Work Act says I

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hotel to be finished end of November as will the other function suites on the same floor. Hotel already fully booked for the Rugby internationals, businesses lining up to book when holding conferences new Manager started a couple of weeks ago hopefully a good earner. Since bringing all hospitality in-house we’re generating far more money for the club. The lad said that Celtic outsource theirs to Sodexo and The Rangers use Compass they have been looking at our model. Anyway might book a room and skyline for our anniversary next year when available 

How did that happen?  Where is the booking portal?

51 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Brown envelope from over the road so they get first dibs when the booking facility is all up and running? 🙃

Ricardo Quaresma
On 22/07/2023 at 08:47, Craig_ said:

You might get your wish for the distillery moving out sooner rather than later. Demand for grain whisky projected to go through the roof, as shown by W&M's massive expansion - https://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2023/07/emperador-expands-invergordon-distillery/

Hopefully; don't care if they were there first

10 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Having worked in places where they have gone from in-house to Compass then to Sodexo (or perhaps vice-versa) and then on to other contractors, I could never see any improvement in the quality of service.

Indeed, those employees who went through all the changes often bemoaned that their circumstances got worse.

One cleaner told me that she got warned off for reaching up to run a dusting cloth over the top of a door frame.  "Health and safety risk" she was told: "not allowed to reach above head height".

From what I saw of Compass employees, they were a bunch of f@nnies

They were fiddling with an exit barrier, operating it themselves by standing in the line of the electronic eye, instead of using the intercom and asking to be let in; a breach of H & S, not to mention Security

Also got a hold of cushions and practising kick-boxing with eachother, morons 😄

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Guessing a block booking from our pals at Scottish Rugby 

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Never mind that.

Here’s my keys. Please don’t scratch it!

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Nae bother mate. I’ve got about 15 hotel industry contacts in my phone who will know the latest with the hotel. I’ll probably even know the new manager if and when he/she is appointed. Last I heard it hadn’t gone out to the interview stage yet and I know at least one person who has registered interest AND consulted on the project. Il just text them and let you know if I get an update on what I already know.

New manager definitely has been hired. No idea about anything else just happen to know him.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

New manager definitely has been hired. No idea about anything else just happen to know him.

Cheers bud hopefully a certain poster might show a bit of humility and apologise but on the other hand maybe not

7 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Well your slavering pish the new manager started two weeks ago so you bash on

42 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

:rofl:

30 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

?

Sorry, a bit of context would have helped. Just laughing at JC talking shite.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Sorry, a bit of context would have helped. Just laughing at JC talking shite.

No worries mate.

Famous 1874

All sounding positive regarding the hotel. Is there a disclosure yet on cost, or is that a next years accounts job?

Having the hotel will generate income directly through bookings but should also help the bar and even more so the skyline restaurant. 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Having the hotel will generate income directly through bookings but should also help the bar and even more so the skyline restaurant. 

This.

The fact it’s all in house too, any profits will be kept within Hearts. Can only be good for the football department.

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Never mind that.

Here’s my keys. Please don’t scratch it!

Jimmio get the stretch ……….

john thomas
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Guessing a block booking from our pals at Scottish Rugby 

Hotel developments/projects often get booked before completion . 

Market hotel in Market street did . Leonardo's (formerly Jury's) are building huge extension, taking bookings now 

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Cheers bud hopefully a certain poster might show a bit of humility and apologise but on the other hand maybe not

All in good time. A made up story takes no time to make up but takes a bit longer to debunk

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Someone has booked rooms in a hotel that isn’t finished ? Doesn’t have a name or an online presence. Doesn’t have reviews. Has no operating licence. No fire certificate. No sign off from planning. Might well have 18,000 people in its near vicinity using up the bar and restaurant space for one day of the stay etc etc ?

Thats nothing mate. My in laws went on holiday with another couple a few years back to New York. They booked a few nights in a Best Western in Long Island. After an hour taxi from Manhattan they got dropped off at what was a building site. Hotel nowhere near ready but had taken their money and not told them everything was still “Al fresco” 😂

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

All in good time. A made up story takes no time to make up but takes a bit longer to debunk

You’ve had 18 hours are none of your 15 Hotel Industry contacts available.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I predict that ASC fabric thing eill be ripped to pieces by xmas due to the wind.

Good chance of that I would imagine. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I predict that ASC fabric thing eill be ripped to pieces by xmas due to the wind.

Hope the nets are ripped to bits by Xmas with the amount of goals HMFC are scoring

37 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Probably still trying to work out why they are getting texts from a random number. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Probably still trying to work out why they are getting texts from a random number. 

👍

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

None of them work Sunday mate. Neither does the events team at the club. Will get back to you don’t worry 😉 

17 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Well your slavering pish the new manager started two weeks ago so you bash on

Ah but wait maybe he's not the REAL manager because he doesn't have his hotel managerial badges. 😁

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, stuart500 said:

Ah but wait maybe he's not the REAL manager because he doesn't have his hotel managerial badges. 😁

You could be right another two years then :whistling:

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

None of them work Sunday mate. Neither does the events team at the club. Will get back to you don’t worry 😉 

No worries 

I will phone around the Edinburgh Holliday Inns and Premier Inns today at lunch , see if any of the receptionists or bar tenders can shed any light 

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I will phone around the Edinburgh Holliday Inns and Premier Inns today at lunch , see if any of the receptionists or bar tenders can shed any light 

Just email the club like I did mate. Takes 30 seconds. pretty sure the answer that comes back will put this to bed for everyone interested.

I can tell you so far that Hearts have never advertised the post, either on their own website or with caterer.com or any of the major job sites.

I can also tell you that they haven’t enquired about listing the property or registered it with the biggest hotel booking agent in Europe (probably the world) First thing you would do if you were ready to take bookings 

Edited by JimmyCant

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Just email the club like I did mate. Takes 30 seconds. pretty sure the answer that comes back will put this to bed for everyone interested.

I can tell you so far that Hearts have never advertised the post, either on their own website or with caterer.com or any of the major job sites.

I can also tell you that they haven’t enquired about listing the property or registered it with the biggest hotel booking agent in Europe (probably the world) First thing you would do if you were ready to take bookings 

If we are still talking about the Hotel managers position, it was advertised back in April, on the club website.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/uploads/tinymce/Hotel Manager_April23.pdf

So. Direct from the club this morning.

1. A manager has been contracted but has not yet started

2. No date has been set for opening.

3. No bookings have been taken and none will be taken until construction is complete and the certification is in place. No booking enquiries are being held or processed for rugby dates next year or for any other time.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

3. No bookings have been taken and none will be taken until construction is complete and the certification is in place. No booking enquiries are being held or processed for rugby dates next year or for any other time.

Do you honestly believe the club would divulge any information to a random and the Hotel Manager post was advertised as quoted already so again you were wrong 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A manager has been contracted?

But you said the post hadn't been interviewed for, or even advertised, right?

Edited by Smithee

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Do you honestly believe the club would divulge any information to a random and the Hotel Manager post was advertised as quoted already so again you were wrong 

Two emails from the club this

morning mate. Not sure what is confidential about any of it. Let’s just leave it there huh. I was wrong about a manager having been appointed. You were wrong about opening in November and being full for rugby. Nothing else to be said really

Bookings could literally be on someone's fag packet right now. As if someone answering the phone at the club would know :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Bookings could literally be on someone's fag packet right now. As if someone answering the phone at the club would know :rofl:

They are not accepting bookings. I don’t know how much clearer they need to be. Just ask them by email like I did

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

They are not accepting bookings. I don’t know how much clearer they need to be. Just ask them by email like I did

I don't have to ask and i'm not talking about official bookings. It could literally be a simple as someone jotting down dates that people have requested off the books. 

For example our new third kit that is due to be released - if i knew the right person at the club shop i could ask one to be kept aside for me despite it not being released and outside a select few nobody knows what it looks like.

16 minutes ago, Homme said:

I don't have to ask and i'm not talking about official bookings. It could literally be a simple as someone jotting down dates that people have requested off the books. 

For example our new third kit that is due to be released - if i knew the right person at the club shop i could ask one to be kept aside for me despite it not being released and outside a select few nobody knows what it looks like.

Getting one £50 jersey set aside is a tad different to committing an entire (as yet unfinished) hotel to 2 weekends worth of lucrative business, on a fag packet. There isn’t any need and no group Booker would accept the risk anyway. If the hotel opens in time for rugby it will be full, even at a weeks notice it will be full

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

Hopefully we'll get a few You tube videos of potential hotel managers posted so we can decide.

Underrated post.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

:lol: 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Bank holiday for your contacts ? 

This has cheered up my Monday immeasurably . Nice little amusing pillow fight over absolutely nothing . Just waiting for some one to send a freedom of information request to McKinlay for the morning to be complete 

Dalstonjambo
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

There’s no way you are a real person