TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Do we still have the badly painted pallets on the pylons, or have they been covered up with advertisiting as someone claimed would happen?

I asked the club 6 weeks ago if we could use the Just bar flag to cover them up.

Said they would get back to me early July.

Still waiting.🙄

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I enjoy reading and contributing to this thread...we all can see that the club is growing and has been steadily since 2012...our stadium will ultimately hold us back now from greater heights unfortunately unless a solution is found....we currently and will for many years require a minimum of 25k seats upto 30k.

Do much lost revenue lost over the years which would funny enough pay for it at approximately 2.5 million a year.

Yeah, its a fun thread to discuss and there is hope and ambition which is nice. I'm really hopeful we get some acknowledgement from the club that increased capacity is needed and plans are to be drawn up. Saw further up someone claiming a waiting list of 7k now. Probably worth highlighting that there are MANY clubs in Scotlands top flight that don't even get 7k average attendance, so we're leaving a lot of money on the table at the moment. 

For a while, I thought 25k was bordering on too ambitious, but now of the mind we need to be pushing for essentially a 10k increase to capacity for a new Wheatfield. Tynecastle with a capacity of 28-29k would deal with all capacity issues, and future proof the stadium for the next decade at least. If people are worried about unsold seats, designating the Roseburn as the away end and focusing only on selling tickets in the "home end" of the ground would mean you'd be essentially working with around 25k, which given the waiting list, is entirely realistic and achievable. If there is overflow, then sell tickets in the roseburn for walk ups. 

There is a way to fund it, but we really need to start the ball rolling now, instead of in 5/10 years. If funding is started now, then we'll be in a much more serious position to actually do something about it in 5/10 years. We would also have the benefit of a "wait and see" approach, i.e if we suddenly lose that waiting list, and attendances plummet, we aren't committed to expansion yet. But after 5/10 years of maxed out attendances and a growing waiting list, we'd be daft not to pull the trigger on it. 

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I asked the club 6 weeks ago if we could use the Just bar flag to cover them up.

Said they would get back to me early July.

Still waiting.🙄

Keep at it, would be ideal.

Thunder and Lightning
5 hours ago, johnking123 said:

It's ok. Think our board members have came up with new strategy for increasing demand. Sign no one and possibly lose badly for a few seasons. Will sort the numbers out 😄

Could just have kept Robbie in that case.

:) 

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ah. 🤷‍♂️

Funnily enough I got the same reaction from the club.

Too tacky for their high standards🙄

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Sorry, that was meant to be thumbs up.  Hard to see the screen in the Cyprus sunshine. 😄

looks good but I imagine it would need replaced after very of or Hibs game. 😄

Chuck Berry
38 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

To be fair, the shoddily painted pallets provide a warm, rustic feel to games in winter, you can almost see a log fire.

Sinbad the Sailor

Given that Roman bought Hearts for his Dad and he's since copped it,- surely Logan left several $millions in his will for expansion? #WaystarRoyco

On 18/07/2023 at 12:20, johnking123 said:

All 4 corners would get an extra 2k in. And would probably cost 20 million just to change the roof for that 2k 😄

You would get more than 500 a corner 

38 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Given that Roman bought Hearts for his Dad and he's since copped it,- surely Logan left several $millions in his will for expansion? #WaystarRoyco

For a second I thought you were talking about Rodney and Vlad :D 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Good point. 

7 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Do we still have the badly painted pallets on the pylons, or have they been covered up with advertisiting as someone claimed would happen?

IMG_2341.jpeg

On 18/07/2023 at 12:15, Famous 1874 said:

Mate who is an engineer says it is doable. 

Expensive though. 

We’d have to see how much it could gain us in revenue over the long term. 

7k apparently on a waiting list. How many of that list would get season tickets if we were to fill the corners in.

7k? I thought it was 3k?

4 minutes ago, Wilo said:

IMG_2341.jpeg

Looks like a fabric covering of some sort. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Is there anything covering the other corners ?

Advertising on both School end corners. Didn’t get a look at the Wheatfield/Gorgie corner.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Wilo said:

Advertising on both School end corners. Didn’t get a look at the Wheatfield/Gorgie corner.

Cheers for that buddy

53 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Looks alright.

Just need to fill the seats to each side of it now 

Wonder what window is for?

Edited by ericb

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, ericb said:

Just need to fill the seats to each side of it now 

Wonder what window is for?

Sky camera platform?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Preferred the maroon panels! Would look better if it was maroon with logos, rather than white. 

I prefer them that colour , I think making every thing maroon is too much 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Preferred the maroon panels! Would look better if it was maroon with logos, rather than white. 

😄 folks can't agree on anything. I suppose it will be the corporate colour of whoever is paying for the advertising. 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Did anyone else see "ass" at first glance?

No I had to work for it when I was younger 

lisburnjambo
55 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

That won't be sponsorship its just the scaffolding company working there surely?

ASC is a club sponsor 

1 hour ago, Black Swan said:

That won't be sponsorship its just the scaffolding company working there surely?

I'm pretty sure its sponsorship. It doesn't look bad either. With its visibility and being in each corner, hopefully the club are making a decent bit of money off it. 

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Did anyone else see "ass" at first glance?

Where TF are Margaret Cho reaction gifs when you need them . . .

Forfet about filling in the corners, An extended Wheatfield Stand to mirror the Main Stand is all that's needed to increase the capacity to accommodate25/26k.

To kick things off the land that sits behind it needs to be acquired, the main issues would be access and exiting a proposed new stand for which I'm confident can be done. 

johnking123
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Forfet about filling in the corners, An extended Wheatfield Stand to mirror the Main Stand is all that's needed to increase the capacity to accommodate25/26k.

To kick things off the land that sits behind it needs to be acquired, the main issues would be access and exiting a proposed new stand for which I'm confident can be done. 

Main only holds over 7k.  Need to be a bit taller and 2 tiered. 

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Main only holds over 7k.  Need to be a bit taller and 2 tiered. 

I'm sure the architect buggered up the gradient of the new main stand hence why we lost a few rows and the Skyline View being lost, surely a new Wheatfield with either an extended row capacity could be done ? 

I don't think the council would approve a tall, 2 tiered stand to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I'm sure the architect buggered up the gradient of the new main stand hence why we lost a few rows and the Skyline View being lost, surely a new Wheatfield with either an extended row capacity could be done ? 

I don't think the council would approve a tall, 2 tiered stand to be honest. 

The architect maybe suggested too strongly there'd be a good view of the castle, but the height of the new stand is limited by council planning regulations. The club showed off the plans and view before they knew for certain.

The stand could've had a slightly shallower tier to allow an extra row or two, but not sure if planning conditions limited the capacity of the new stand.

kingantti1874

One thing.  I did the main stand tour last week and Brian explained that the metal panels at the back of the main would be replaced with glass when they open up the boxes.

I had forgotten all about this. Just putting out there if anyone else as clueless as me

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

One thing.  I did the main stand tour last week and Brian explained that the metal panels at the back of the main would be replaced with glass when they open up the boxes.

I had forgotten all about this. Just putting out there if anyone else as clueless as me

View of the pitch from the sky lounge?

kingantti1874
Just now, kila said:

View of the pitch from the sky lounge?

I don’t think so mate. It not 100% sure . Sky lounge is pretty far away.  Think the intend is some actual boxes .  I suppose that’s where the commentary box is so entire possible 

johnking123

Shepherd and Wedderburn building at at West end has broken the councils tall building policy. We could get higher, top of hight of the trus would do and same width as the main if you including the glass front.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, kila said:

The architect maybe suggested too strongly there'd be a good view of the castle, but the height of the new stand is limited by council planning regulations. The club showed off the plans and view before they knew for certain.

The stand could've had a slightly shallower tier to allow an extra row or two, but not sure if planning conditions limited the capacity of the new stand.

I think it was more the over exuberance of the marketing people as opposed to the architect's fault re the skyline view 'expectation' iirc.   

Bungalow Bill
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Shepherd and Wedderburn building at at West end has broken the councils tall building policy. We could get higher, top of hight of the trus would do and same width as the main if you including the glass front.

It’s not broken anything as the council approved it. 

Bungalow Bill
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fairly sure it’s the case, on match day folk would need to sit in the actual stand and not behind the glass - if drinking is involved.