Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Ronald Villiers
5 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Living overseas, these are the type of mornings I miss.

Nothing like a huge smiley “good morning, how was your evening” to get under their skin.

I was hoping for the same but he called in sick.  🤣

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Deevers said:

That’s the question -  certainly talk that they had had a bid for Doig that was a long way short of the guff figures they were putting about in the media. Interesting that their then Director of Football and now their manager are down the road in a matter of a few weeks of each other. If Kean gets the job then there’s certainly something afoot that the more savvy of their supporters should be very worried about.  Ron’s not there for the love of the club - he’s there for profit. 

Agreed, all a bit iffy. If I ever come across the more savvy of their supporters I will ask them, worrying times 😆

3 hours ago, Ked said:

Penny's maybe dropping 🙂🙂

Screenshot_20211209-194308_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211209-194122_Chrome.jpg

The last guy gets it. The worry is, and i know a couple of guts who onow the club, is that "good" Hibs people have walked away from the club in recent month. Even away from the headline ones like Dempster etc, there have been dudes who were Hibs in roles such as media etc walked away. It aint rosey.

Shame.

Ps, just read my first para back. Sorry, wee mistake there - it isnt a worry. Meant to say "beauty", or "joy" or perhaps the "reap what you sow you sneaky little cowards"

Genuine question..,.

If they win the cup next week.

4th time in my lifetime. Hearts - never won it in 60 years or so.

I would settle for one and a pish league season. After all we have been pish for a few years if we are being honest. 

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The last guy gets it. The worry is, and i know a couple of guts who onow the club, is that "good" Hibs people have walked away from the club in recent month. Even away from the headline ones like Dempster etc, there have been dudes who were Hibs in roles such as media etc walked away. It aint rosey.

Shame.

Ps, just read my first para back. Sorry, wee mistake there - it isnt a worry. Meant to say "beauty", or "joy" or perhaps the "reap what you sow you sneaky little cowards"

Taking our obvious shadenfreud out of the equation .

There is imo a worry for Hibs.

I never got Vlads interest in us and in a wayward way he kept us at Tynecastle.

I just cant see the angle for this Ron character and his lack of connection with Hibs in any way.

I am enjoying the current situation but being honest dont want them faked up by some money man who has no feeling for our shared history with hibs.

And I am told similar stories to you from folk that are genuinely concerned.

jambo-in-furness
22 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Genuine question..,.

I would settle for one and a pish league season. After all we have been pish for a few years if we are being honest. 

I’m a bit older than yourself and I have seen Hearts lift the league cup,  we have given them 60 years to catch up and, if, it’s a big if,  they win it next week then we will have to buck our ideas up,  if they don’t, then it’s 61 years and counting. 😁

Glamorgan Jambo

Just had a quick scan you know where and the poster ‘Hibees1973’ is getting it tight for suggesting Ron is the problem. To the point where he’s being accused of being one of us (pretty sure it’s not someone working under deep cover). 

Quite a few pennies still to drop over in Lochend.

17 minutes ago, Ked said:

I just cant see the angle for this Ron character and his lack of connection with Hibs in any way.

I am enjoying the current situation but being honest dont want them faked up by some money man who has no feeling for our shared history with hibs.

Vlad never had an interest in Hearts, did he not previously try to buy Dundee Utd, but the then owners were doubtful about his motives and/or background?  We were an ideal opportunity for him to buy a Scottish club, as our situation was desperate and anyone who could keep us at Tynecastle was going to be welcomed.

Ron seems to be the same, no connection with Hibs but sees some sort of opportunity from buying a Scottish football club.  There is no way he bought Hibs for altruistic motives, he ain't putting any money into Hibs unless he sees a return.

Contrast that with our club, owned by the fans, who continue to pump money into our club via FOH with no expectation of ever getting any of that money back, let alone make a profit on the deal.

heartgarfunkel
43 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Genuine question..,.

Get you but wouldn’t swap all the league cups in the world for smashing the weeteam 5-1 in the first all Edinburgh Scottish Cup final since 1896 to take our average to two versus zero victories with an 8-2 positive goal average. **** them then, **** them now, and **** them for all eternity. 

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Vlad never had an interest in Hearts, did he not previously try to buy Dundee Utd, but the then owners were doubtful about his motives and/or background?  We were an ideal opportunity for him to buy a Scottish club, as our situation was desperate and anyone who could keep us at Tynecastle was going to be welcomed.

Ron seems to be the same, no connection with Hibs but sees some sort of opportunity from buying a Scottish football club.  There is no way he bought Hibs for altruistic motives, he ain't putting any money into Hibs unless he sees a return.

Contrast that with our club, owned by the fans, who continue to pump money into our club via FOH with no expectation of ever getting any of that money back, let alone make a profit on the deal.

Spot on.

We are so healthy as a club.

On 09/12/2021 at 00:48, 1971fozzy said:

Tams latest column pre game. Still obsessed with us :rofl: enjoy folks 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

…….”Which brings me to Hibs. Where is the fun, the flair and the colour? It's all a bit predictable and dull at Easter Road just now, a lack of on-field personality is an issue with the likes of Scott Allan sitting on the bench.

I told you it was better to start with a laugh as it's going to get serious. The last time Hibs had only managed five wins up until this stage was back in season 2013-14 and if that doesn't get alarm bells ringing loudly then nothing will.

Four points out of a possible 24 is relegation form.Since beating Livingston at the end of August, they've only won twice in the league, both times against St Johnstone and that's no benchmark for a side with aspirations of a top four finish.

Over the last eight-game period they have only hit five goals, they've conceded 12 in that time and it's the form of a side battling against the drop. I said it last week, it's not good enough and they appear to be putting all of their eggs in the one basket with the upcoming League Cup Final.

I don't for one minute believe Hibs will be relegated but they need to start picking up points.

They have too many good players and I think they'll strengthen in January.

Not enough goals, no clean sheets and fans not bothering to turn up for games. It's all starting to sound familiar. December is an enormous month, it has to start with a win over Livingston on Wednesday but it's all about the final against Celtic and then the derby against Hearts at the start of January. 

Look at the approval rating swingometer at the moment. Jack Ross is being judged on a game by game basis. 

After the recent Rangers game it was all positive, Jack was doing a good job and then after Saturday there were calls on social media for him to be sacked. There are a lot of supporters who are petering on the brink of wanting to get rid of him and wanting to keep him. It's simple, the cup final and then Hearts at home will see the swingometer in full swing.  If he wins those two then his approval rating will soar to between 80 and 85-per-cent. He'll have won a trophy and be the man for the job. Lose those games and he'll only have around 15-per-cent of fans behind him so that's how vital these two games are for both him and Hibs.

I've also been surprised to see so many empty seats at Easter Road and I know the weather hasn't been great and there are a lot of games coming up. That'll be as much of a worry for the board as the team struggling to win games.

Maybe it's time to take a leaf out of Gazza's book, get some fun back, a bit of personality and get smiles back on faces……..”

I think I can safely say that with H1b5 current situation, these things are in abundance with most Hearts supporters!

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I’m a bit older than yourself and I have seen Hearts lift the league cup,  we have given them 60 years to catch up and, if, it’s a big if,  they win it next week then we will have to buck our ideas up,  if they don’t, then it’s 61 years and counting. 😁

Even if they don't win it, we still need to buck our ideas up in that cup competition. 

Bazzas right boot

Not only should the penny have landed, but a shiny £1 should have bounced of thier heed, sorry chest by now. 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

Prior to our administration I might , just might have agreed with you however the poison that spilled out from their fans , letters , Tesco pictures, we told you so ,etc etc and even voting to expel us from the league changed that rivalry for ever and now has me hoping for nothing less than the death of that football club . 

Now that death can come from over spending , lack of backing from their fans financially or even from the Peruvian Craig Whyte , just let it happen 😃😃

9 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Genuine question..,.

John Cumming has won 4 league cups.

Hibernian Football Club have won 3 league cups.

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even if they don't win it, we still need to buck our ideas up in that cup competition. 

Yeah it's hard to pinpoint why we have done so badly in that competition.   It's not like we ever have the luxury of picking and choosing the competitions we want to target.  

10 hours ago, Ked said:

Funny one bud cos I'm torn.  10 years ago, I'd have had a tinge of hands off hibs and all that stuff.  Really would have.

Their behaviour during our admin and the years leading to it have changed me.  Not just talking about the loonies on .net, all supports have those weirdos - we do too, look at this place haha!  I'm talking about your average Hibby, guys I knew quite well who rabidly wanted us dead.  My dad has guys he's been mates with for 50 years who basically got so bitter they no longer talk.  And my dad's pretty level, not one for a fallout (in fact my previous slightly less rabid hatred of hibs perhaps painted by my dad having worked there in my childhood - they've always been rivals and love beating them, but hatred, na not really - pity is more the feeling).

They really showed themselves back then though.  But then as with all things, it didn't go how they wanted.

I guess I don't want them dead, maybe not actually dead.  An admin event like ours, stadium in trouble etc.  They'd never come back from it like us.  Not in a million years.  A decade or so in lower leagues, training on public parks would be terribly good fun.  Have them become Scotland's Bolton or someone like that.  The fans who already don't support them will all drift away.

That would all be lovely.  Difference between them and me/Jambos is that if that doesn't happen, we don't give a shit. We like talking about it cos it amuses us, but not building all my hopes and dreams on that like they did.

They should have listened to us last season when they kept winning games playing badly.

It must have been confusing for Jack Ross with Hibs playing much the same as they did last season. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

John Cumming has won 4 league cups.

Hibernian Football Club have won 3 league cups.

Additionally Hibs have won 2 Scottish cups in 119 years

Rudi Skacel has won 2 Scottish cups in the last 16

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Funny one bud cos I'm torn.  10 years ago, I'd have had a tinge of hands off hibs and all that stuff.  Really would have.

Their behaviour during our admin and the years leading to it have changed me.  Not just talking about the loonies on .net, all supports have those weirdos - we do too, look at this place haha!  I'm talking about your average Hibby, guys I knew quite well who rabidly wanted us dead.  My dad has guys he's been mates with for 50 years who basically got so bitter they no longer talk.  And my dad's pretty level, not one for a fallout (in fact my previous slightly less rabid hatred of hibs perhaps painted by my dad having worked there in my childhood - they've always been rivals and love beating them, but hatred, na not really - pity is more the feeling).

They really showed themselves back then though.  But then as with all things, it didn't go how they wanted.

I guess I don't want them dead, maybe not actually dead.  An admin event like ours, stadium in trouble etc.  They'd never come back from it like us.  Not in a million years.  A decade or so in lower leagues, training on public parks would be terribly good fun.  Have them become Scotland's Bolton or someone like that.  The fans who already don't support them will all drift away.

That would all be lovely.  Difference between them and me/Jambos is that if that doesn't happen, we don't give a shit. We like talking about it cos it amuses us, but not building all my hopes and dreams on that like they did.

Really good post, Roy.

Hibs deid would be fine by me but your scenario would be fun, too. 

jambo-in-furness
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was attempting to be a tad ironic.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I was attempting to be a tad ironic.

🙄

Way to subtle for me. 

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Additionally Hibs have won 2 Scottish cups in 119 years

Rudi Skacel has won 2 Scottish cups in the last 16

Exactly. 

we can add the Hampden fixtures to their achievements. 

Played 3

Lost 3

For 2

Against 11 🤣

12 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Get you but wouldn’t swap all the league cups in the world for smashing the weeteam 5-1 in the first all Edinburgh Scottish Cup final since 1896 to take our average to two versus zero victories with an 8-2 positive goal average. **** them then, **** them now, and **** them for all eternity. 

Me neither 

The St Mirren league cup final still haunts me 🙁

heartgarfunkel
38 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Me neither 

The St Mirren league cup final still haunts me 🙁

That was a truly dreadful day 😬

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

There’s definitely a more venomous attitude towards Hearts from a section of the Hibs support that isn’t reflected in the Hearts support.
Most - OK all - Hearts fans would enjoy seeing Hibs in various difficulties but for the most part I don’t sense there’s the hatred that I think is evident from some of them.
I guess it’s due to an inwardly acknowledged sense of being second-best most of the time. 

6 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

There’s definitely a more venomous attitude towards Hearts from a section of the Hibs support that isn’t reflected in the Hearts support.
Most - OK all - Hearts fans would enjoy seeing Hibs in various difficulties but for the most part I don’t sense there’s the hatred that I think is evident from some of them.
I guess it’s due to an inwardly acknowledged sense of being second-best most of the time. 

if they had done to us what we have did to them , we would hate them just as much, fortunately we get to chuckle every time we hear them mentioned.

The best city rivals ever, I will agree.  Love beating them and hate losing to them BUT I want them dead and gone.  Their arsehole fans behaviour during our 'troubles' made me despise them with almost every fibre of my being.  I reserve my total hatred for the weegie arse cheeks but the Leigh spoon burning mob are getting very close to losing my last threads of pity for them.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They should have listened to us last season when they kept winning games playing badly.

It must have been confusing for Jack Ross with Hibs playing much the same as they did last season. 

Exactly this.

I’ve had many a conversation over the last 18 months with a hibee colleague and said the same on here. Hibs have been without doubt the luckiest team on the planet over the last year and a half. Almost anytime they won it would be pen to Hibs, scored an offside goal, other team got a man sent off, other team had a goal disallowed. Even at the start of this season it was still happening. For example they’ve won 2 games in 10, both against st Johnstone. The first game they get a dodgy non-penalty and the second a st Johnstone player gets sent off when Hibs were 1-0 down. 

They’re not playing any worse than last season. It was always going to be a case of when their luck ran out then their results would fall off a cliff and it’s proving so. Hopefully the Livingston game has highlighted to the refs once and for all that Boyle is a diving little shitehawk. If he stops ‘winning’ fouls then it coud get messy for them.

Hibs are a gift

Never tire of reading or witnessing  there misery continuing 

Love it

FTH

Byyy The Light
12 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Exactly this.

I’ve had many a conversation over the last 18 months with a hibee colleague and said the same on here. Hibs have been without doubt the luckiest team on the planet over the last year and a half. Almost anytime they won it would be pen to Hibs, scored an offside goal, other team got a man sent off, other team had a goal disallowed. Even at the start of this season it was still happening. For example they’ve won 2 games in 10, both against st Johnstone. The first game they get a dodgy non-penalty and the second a st Johnstone player gets sent off when Hibs were 1-0 down. 

They’re not playing any worse than last season. It was always going to be a case of when their luck ran out then their results would fall off a cliff and it’s proving so. Hopefully the Livingston game has highlighted to the refs once and for all that Boyle is a diving little shitehawk. If he stops ‘winning’ fouls then it coud get messy for them.

I've been banging this drum with you.  This has been on the cards for a while, my brother in law is a Hibs season ticket holder and been saying the same.

Even their semi final against Rangers was weird to watch.  They had 3 attempts on goal and won 3-1.  One of which was a penalty that was "played for" by Boyle.

12 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

The best city rivals ever, I will agree.  Love beating them and hate losing to them BUT I want them dead and gone.  Their arsehole fans behaviour during our 'troubles' made me despise them with almost every fibre of my being.  I reserve my total hatred for the weegie arse cheeks but the Leigh spoon burning mob are getting very close to losing my last threads of pity for them.

I often wonder what more we could have achieved had we been Edinburgh’s only sizeable club. 
Hibs apparently considered relocating to Aberdeen in the late 1890s/ early 1900s. The original Aberdeen FC feared being eclipsed by Hibs’ arrival and merged with another local side to form a new, larger, Aberdeen FC in 1903. This move deterred Hibs and they decided to stay put.

If only, if only…

4 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I often wonder what more we could have achieved had we been Edinburgh’s only sizeable club. 
Hibs apparently considered relocating to Aberdeen in the late 1890s/ early 1900s. The original Aberdeen FC feared being eclipsed by Hibs’ arrival and merged with another local side to form a new, larger, Aberdeen FC in 1903. This move deterred Hibs and they decided to stay put.

If only, if only…

We are 

20 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

If only, if only…

Whilst they are Edinburghs only risible club.

16 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

We are 

I realise you’re on a roll, Drew, but whether Hearts are bigger or not, you must surely concede Hibs are a sizeable football club both in terms of Edinburgh and in the wider Scottish context.

28 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

If only, if only…

Not heard that before .

City of Aberdeen doesn't do much for me , it could have been a lot worse !

20 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Not heard that before .

City of Aberdeen doesn't do much for me , it could have been a lot worse !

Yes, Hibs had serious problems with securing a ground and it was the loss of their ground, “Hibernian Park” (bulldozed in the construction of today’s Bothwell St) that caused the club to close down in 1891. When the club was revived, failure to secure a long-term lease on their new ground at Easter Rd prompted thoughts of leaving Edinburgh. 
Such thoughts might have been hastened by the result of a “friendly” against Hearts at their new Easter Rd ground in August 1893. At half-time the score was 8-1 to Hearts with the final score of 10-2. Ouch!

35 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

E5BAE2F5-58DA-45B1-BB25-4AEA629FC002.jpeg

Thanks for that . Played at Easter road but still shown as Hearts v. Hibs 

The way it should always be

gorgie rd eh11
39 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes, Hibs had serious problems with securing a ground and it was the loss of their ground, “Hibernian Park” (bulldozed in the construction of today’s Bothwell St) that caused the club to close down in 1891. When the club was revived, failure to secure a long-term lease on their new ground at Easter Rd prompted thoughts of leaving Edinburgh. 
Such thoughts might have been hastened by the result of a “friendly” against Hearts at their new Easter Rd ground in August 1893. At half-time the score was 8-1 to Hearts with the final score of 10-2. Ouch!

You know a lot about Hibs.

jambo-in-furness
21 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

You know a lot about Hibs.

It does no harm to research their history,  a lot of skeletons lurk there.

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )