Neilson

SuperAustin

5 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

thank the lord (s'cuse the pun) for google translate. I never did the Latin at school - not clever enough so did metalwork instead. 

Latin was to me what the sand dunes at Gullane were to Hearts players.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Jim Panzee

• Riccarton3

• Unknown user

Are we not at the point where we can start trusting in our Leadership’s decisions? 
I presume the ban for Robbie is due to foul and abusive language towards an official/officials. Doubt arguing about decisions being right or wrong doesn’t justify it, therefore not worth pursuing. 
it may be we think we might have greater success accepting the penalty but raising concerns about certain decisions separately. If we argue the ban, we are debating if it’s ok to abuse officials if you think there was a bad decision prior to this which we can’t win. 
It’s like on the pitch. We need to avoid getting suckered into actions which ultimately penalise us. Robbie included. We will not have a manager in the dug out of an important game because he couldn’t control himself. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Sid said:

Are we not at the point where we can start trusting in our Leadership’s decisions? 
I presume the ban for Robbie is due to foul and abusive language towards an official/officials. Doubt arguing about decisions being right or wrong doesn’t justify it, therefore not worth pursuing. 
it may be we think we might have greater success accepting the penalty but raising concerns about certain decisions separately. If we argue the ban, we are debating if it’s ok to abuse officials if you think there was a bad decision prior to this which we can’t win. 
It’s like on the pitch. We need to avoid getting suckered into actions which ultimately penalise us. Robbie included. We will not have a manager in the dug out of an important game because he couldn’t control himself. 

Depends on which leader you are talking about? McKinlay has done literally nothing of any note to give him the kind of trust you are talking about. I don’t think the board in general are at that point either. 
If Neilson ultimately made the decision to accept this then I feel he’s missed the chance to point out all officials are verbally abused every minute of every game by players and officials, to explain why he did that because he’s by no means the worst for this. He does keep his cool the majority of the time. 
Ive no doubt he will explain the thinking behind the decision in the next few days. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends on which leader you are talking about? McKinlay has done literally nothing of any note to give him the kind of trust you are talking about. I don’t think the board in general are at that point either. 
If Neilson ultimately made the decision to accept this then I feel he’s missed the chance to point out all officials are verbally abused every minute of every game by players and officials, to explain why he did that because he’s by no means the worst for this. He does keep his cool the majority of the time. 
Ive no doubt he will explain the thinking behind the decision in the next few days. 

this is the problem. It seems to be discretionary as to whether refs take action against being sworn at. In fact, do FA's have a (BBC stylee) list of words which count as being foul and abusive?

If we're going to be 100% fair abut this, then such a list needs to be made aware to clubs so managers / players know to avoid uttering such words.

Then our players and managers can start making up news sweary words - like Viz did to get up the noses of WH Smith a while back! (i.e. 'Fitbin'....I'll let you all work out what that means!)

There is no real defence................indeed he should be more annoyed at himself knowing he had a suspended ban to serve

I think he has made some changes to his attitude and what we see in public to try and improve his standing amongst the fans...small changes but a bit more swagger/aggression being shown.

However it is no help to us having him sitting in the stands for 3 matches and there may be a point in one of those where this could hurt us.

For example we don't need reminding about the feeling of playing Dundee will bring and whilst it plays well to many fans it may just work the other way.

Of course be confident and let your players know this but you do not need to have it splashed across the papers every week

40 minutes ago, Sid said:

I’ll personally never be at that stage. You look at things that happen in life and particularly concerning things that interest you and then form an opinion on them. That’s normal. 

The rest of your post I more or less agree with. The only thing we might have gained would be to highlight inconsistent refereeing decisions but probably not a lot to gain. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

this is the problem. It seems to be discretionary as to whether refs take action against being sworn at. In fact, do FA's have a (BBC stylee) list of words which count as being foul and abusive?

If we're going to be 100% fair abut this, then such a list needs to be made aware to clubs so managers / players know to avoid uttering such words.

Then our players and managers can start making up news sweary words - like Viz did to get up the noses of WH Smith a while back! (i.e. 'Fitbin'....I'll let you all work out what that means!)

You’ve then got guys abusing officials in a different language, do refs understand Scouse for instance 🤔
What ever happened to Eggy Language 😂?

Where will it all end, can the club ask us to not abuse officials, players and managers if they’re doing it to each other 🤷🏾‍♂️?

8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

With careful wording, this would be the perfect action. Take the ban but issue an "apology" statement saying, "I'm really sorry that I could not control my emotions in the face of blatant incompetence from the match official. I really will have a long and hard think about how to remain calm and accept that referees and match officials might just miss violent conduct that occurs in front of their faces."

Reminds me of an ex-cricketer who was told by the newspaper he wrote for that he must apologise having written a column in which he took the piss out of Andrew Caddick about the size of his ears - comparing him to a taxi cab with both doors open. His published apology was, "I am very sorry that Andy Caddick has sticky-out ears."

We need more of that sort of thing.

Like Dennis Skinner:

Skinner: “Half the Tory members opposite are crooks”

House of Commons Speaker: “The honourable member MUST withdraw that remark”

Skinner: “OK, half the Tories are not crooks”

Robbie will be communicating with the players before and at half time plus will have full communication with the dug out. He will be directly behind the dugout at the game. Some managers prefer sitting in the stand so they get a better viewing of the game. 

Stupid thing banning a manager from the dug out. Be better just fining him or the club and be done with it if it just a bit of petty bad behaviour 

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve then got guys abusing officials in a different language, do refs understand Scouse for instance 🤔
What ever happened to Eggy Language 😂?

Where will it all end, can the club ask us to not abuse officials, players and managers if they’re doing it to each other 🤷🏾‍♂️?

and where does it actually start. can you say "flipping blimey" to a ref and thats ok?

Under the floodlight
5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

and where does it actually start. can you say "flipping blimey" to a ref and thats ok?

Only if your name is Tucker Jenkins

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Only in Eastenders guv 😜

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jonno has been coaching me 😜. I hope the guys in front of me have their usual caps on 🤦🏽🤬😷

I read the post going back through the thread and, before I saw it was you, I said,

"Nice one Jonno!"

👌

coatbridgejambo
22 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

He should come out and state he will just be accepting the one match ban as its pointless to challenge an institution who make the rules as they go and don't question the failings of their own representatives but penalise those who dare to question.

Would love this. 

No doubt another fine 

8 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

thank the lord (s'cuse the pun) for google translate. I never did the Latin at school - not clever enough so did metalwork instead. 

😂 Woodwork for me. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, all the indicators show it could well be them on Saturday.  Going to be a great atmosphere with how we’ve been playing, hair weave weegie in the dug out, no teeth fat hun in midfield, racist hair weave paedo theiving Hibs ***** up front for them.
Looking forward to it already. 

I think you would make a great co-commentator on Hearts TV.

Scott Wilson should let you read the teams out on Saturday 👍🇱🇻

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

I think you would make a great co-commentator on Hearts TV.

Scott Wilson should let you read the teams out on Saturday 👍🇱🇻

Hahahahaha only after the watershed 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I read the post going back through the thread and, before I saw it was you, I said,

"Nice one Jonno!"

👌

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I’m an amateur compared to the great man. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Could we just sit Robbie in the seats currently empty directly behind the dugout?

They’re not empty anymore they got rid of the red zones when we complained about not getting tickets for Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Could we just sit Robbie in the seats currently empty directly behind the dugout?

Just give the whole bench Robbie Masks and all the fans behind the dugouts them too. Then they can play which ones the real Robbie 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

At the end of the day Robbie made his point that you don’t get obvious and clear decisions at Ibrox (or Parkhead by inference) - he didn’t need to make it again in an appeal.

It may or may not result in one decision for

us moving forward this season but there was no point him flogging the dead horse. He made his point - for which he didn’t actually get cited.

I am more disappointed that hearts didn’t push for the two Rangers yellows be upgraded. Or does it not work like that anymore?

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Robbie will be communicating with the players before and at half time plus will have full communication with the dug out. He will be directly behind the dugout at the game. Some managers prefer sitting in the stand so they get a better viewing of the game. 

Stupid thing banning a manager from the dug out. Be better just fining him or the club and be done with it if it just a bit of petty bad behaviour 

Saturday is a chance for Naisy to show what he can do on the touchline.

Don't know if anyone's pointed this out but isn't it strange that the managers of both teams involved at Tynecastle on Saturday will be serving bans issued after complaining about (disgracefully bad) decisions given against their teams when they were playing Sevco (though tbh it could have easily been against the other erse cheek)

Coincidence??

Neilson needs to ****ing watch his language. It's ill- befitting for any Hearts manager to be banned from the touchline. ****ing ridiculous.

17 hours ago, sadj said:

You need a swift kick in the bowl full of jellies….That is an awful take. I appreciate you are a passionate man/lunatic 😉😝 but he cant appeal something that is correct. Any appeal is a guaranteed loss at a cost to us and to him and his coaching team. He got what was needed to be said out after the game and im sure it’ll come up again. For now take the one game and use it as motivation.

Used to be no contact with the team after a certain time , not sure if it still works that way. 

Absolutely , small things like it being known we searched for a viable alternative to the league we are in due to our treatment and now working with other owners “to better the product” is a nice warning shot across the bows. Will it make a big difference I doubt it however its a starting point.

Horrendous though not unexpected take from you. 😑

Not particularly bothered what you think

12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

There is no real defence................indeed he should be more annoyed at himself knowing he had a suspended ban to serve

I think he has made some changes to his attitude and what we see in public to try and improve his standing amongst the fans...small changes but a bit more swagger/aggression being shown.

However it is no help to us having him sitting in the stands for 3 matches and there may be a point in one of those where this could hurt us.

For example we don't need reminding about the feeling of playing Dundee will bring and whilst it plays well to many fans it may just work the other way.

Of course be confident and let your players know this but you do not need to have it splashed across the papers every week

Sometimes ye just lose yer shit.

19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we just accept the status quo, do what’s always been done, take our medicine, roll over and have our tummy tickled? 
I was hoping for more from Neilson, but this is totally in keeping with what McKinley and Budge do. 

For once I agree with you. Bet you long for the days of Craig Levein 😊

11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

At the end of the day Robbie made his point that you don’t get obvious and clear decisions at Ibrox (or Parkhead by inference) - he didn’t need to make it again in an appeal.

It may or may not result in one decision for

us moving forward this season but there was no point him flogging the dead horse. He made his point - for which he didn’t actually get cited.

I am more disappointed that hearts didn’t push for the two Rangers yellows be upgraded. Or does it not work like that anymore?

Agree here, he's done appeals before so he'll probably know how pointless it was. While the thought of him missing the next three games (especially Aberdeen and St Johnstone away) make me nervous, he's probably worked out that missing the next three games is the lesser of two evils vs possibly missing the Celtic away, Rangers at home (or Hibs away depending how long the "appeal" took to resolve) etc.

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Agree here, he's done appeals before so he'll probably know how pointless it was. While the thought of him missing the next three games (especially Aberdeen and St Johnstone away) make me nervous, he's probably worked out that missing the next three games is the lesser of two evils vs possibly missing the Celtic away, Rangers at home (or Hibs away depending how long the "appeal" took to resolve) etc.

Also, he's got a whole coaching team and will be in the stand. 

Shouldn't effect the team on the park or the decisions being made. 

Bob fancied a bit time relaxing. 

He should probably go to Blackpool or something this weekend, he deserves it. 😉

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

He said abusing folk  In Different languages, not different eras. 

😂

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He said abusing folk  In Different languages, not different eras. 

😂

would love to see the look on Robertson's face if next time Nielsen says to him "Sir, I wish to liken you to a woman's vagina...."

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

would love to see the look on Robertson's face if next time Nielsen says to him "Sir, I wish to liken you to a woman's vagina...."

😂😂

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, XB52 said:

For once I agree with you. Bet you long for the days of Craig Levein 😊

Shame he didn’t pass that one character trait down to Budge or Neilson. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

I think he’d be better covering his mouth next time he sees him, I would put money on him being the ref next time we play them through there. 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he’d be better covering his mouth next time he sees him, I would put money on him being the ref next time we play them through there. 

wouldn't be a huge surprise - seems like the pair really don't like each other. 

The Treasurer

I don't think this is a case of us rolling over and just accepting things as they are, as some posters have suggested. It's more a case of choosing your battles and knowing when pushing back might actually have an impact 

6 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Bob would probably fall foul of some woke agenda or other for suggesting such a thing!

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Musemic said:

Don't know if anyone's pointed this out but isn't it strange that the managers of both teams involved at Tynecastle on Saturday will be serving bans issued after complaining about (disgracefully bad) decisions given against their teams when they were playing Sevco (though tbh it could have easily been against the other erse cheek)

Coincidence??

Not at all unfortunately, I think McJakey has a hearing in November so will be in the away dug out. 

7 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

wouldn't be a huge surprise - seems like the pair really don't like each other. 

Nah it'll be a neutral like Madden or Dallas😀

6 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Bob would probably fall foul of some woke agenda or other for suggesting such a 

Edited by Jim Panzee

Just now, soonbe110 said:

‘The long Glasgow blink’ - a classic from Robbie.  Another long ban coming maybe though. 

Aye, I smiled at that. Good article that, despite the shit stirring from the journo. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
On 20/10/2021 at 23:11, Riccarton3 said:

Neilson needs to ****ing watch his language. It's ill- befitting for any Hearts manager to be banned from the touchline. ****ing ridiculous.

If anything, I like Robbie more now👍🏻

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, I smiled at that. Good article that, despite the shit stirring from the journo. 

What article?

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Deliberately slow in understanding would be kind.

Personally don't know why he is still entertaining questions about last Saturday. He must know the score. He must know how these things are 'resolved'. His players get more bookings. He's discussing all this  with nobody even close to even handed.