Neilson

SuperAustin

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we just accept the status quo, do what’s always been done, take our medicine, roll over and have our tummy tickled? 
I was hoping for more from Neilson, but this is totally in keeping with what McKinley and Budge do. 

If by the club challenging the decision were to radically change how the SFA operates, I’d be all for it. But it sadly won’t. If the club had challenged it, inevitably lost the appeal and got an even longer ban, what purpose would that serve? 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Jim Panzee

• Riccarton3

• Unknown user

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Pick your battles - this was always only going to end one way (see my previous opinion on the matter).

Plus points - Neilson showed passion.

Negative - regardless of moral argument, he's not got a leg to stand on.

Not really sure what you were expecting?

What other battle will be easier to fight than this? 
Show the penalty decision, compare it to at least three similar ones given last night. 
Show the red card, compare it to similar red cards given every day all over the world. 
Show the hands on the throat, again compared to other sendings off. 
Do it as publicly as possible. 
As much as I hate Levein he had the bottle to stand up to them, backed by Robinson who also recognised how dodgy it was when we got 4 players sent off there. 
I expect the club to stand up for themselves, if they don’t nothing will

ever change regarding how corrupt the game is in this country. 
But this thread shows most folk don’t want to upset the Apple cart or fight for what’s right, happy to just bend over. 

Best way to get it right up them is win the next three games. Then they can keep banning Robbie as much as they like.

Fighting the FA off the pitch is pointless, expensive and total waste of time, it's hard enough fighting them on the pitch.

Keep winning games is the way to go.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

If by the club challenging the decision were to radically change how the SFA operates, I’d be all for it. But it sadly won’t. If the club had challenged it, inevitably lost the appeal and got an even longer ban, what purpose would that serve? 

You have to start somewhere, another game isn’t going to make that much of a difference. The club would show that it won’t be ****ed about with. Stand up for ourselves, get off our knees ffs. 
But with an establishment lacky like McKinlay in charge it was always unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You have to start somewhere, another game isn’t going to make that much of a difference. The club would show that it won’t be ****ed about with. Stand up for ourselves, get off our knees ffs. 

I'd only challenge if it meant at worst highlighting how dreadful the game is governed in scotland. we'd never win an appeal - they have it all sewn up.

but outwith the edinburgh evening news and us aresholes on kickback, who's really going to give a flying one?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'd only challenge if it meant at worst highlighting how dreadful the game is governed in scotland. we'd never win an appeal - they have it all sewn up.

but outwith the edinburgh evening news and us aresholes on kickback, who's really going to give a flying one?

It’s not about winning an appeal, it’s about standing up for the club when an injustice has been done. 
Last year showed nobody else cares, does that mean we shouldn’t have fought our demotion?
Someone has to take the lead in fighting the corrupt governance of the game in this country, I would like it to be us. 

I agree you need to start somewhere. Absolutely.

I think the club did that last summer - if there’s a battle to be had, we are willing to fight. We lost of course, but we took the SPFL all the way to court. 

Re: McKinlay - him having worked with the SFA, I’d imagine he probably advised Robbie what to do here/what the chances of success were. Who knows what technicalities they would throw at him at a hearing/what he said to the ref to get the 2nd yellow.

The problem around how the SPFL/SFA works has been brought up so many times by so many clubs but something radical needs to happen for any significant change. FFS, Less than a year ago, clubs voted down a suggestion by the Rangers to investigate this organisation. What chance do you have 😩

Pasquale for King
Just now, MattyK82 said:

I think the club did that last summer - if there’s a battle to be had, we are willing to fight. We lost of course, but we took the SPFL all the way to court. 

Re: McKinlay - him having worked with the SFA, I’d imagine he probably advised Robbie what to do here/what the chances of success were. Who knows what technicalities they would throw at him at a hearing/what he said to the ref to get the 2nd yellow.

The problem around how the SPFL/SFA works has been brought up so many times by so many clubs but something radical needs to happen for any significant change. FFS, Less than a year ago, clubs voted down a suggestion by the Rangers to investigate this organisation. What chance do you have 😩

More chance by fighting than giving in to them, the clubs need to somehow band together but clubs like St Mirren who are displacing ST holders to fit in more Rangers fans aren’t ever going to back it. 

It’s not about winning an appeal, it’s about standing up for the club when an injustice has been done. 
Last year showed nobody else cares, does that mean we shouldn’t have fought our demotion?
Someone has to take the lead in fighting the corrupt governance of the game in this country, I would like it to be us. 

don't disagree one iota.

but as I say, who apart from us would care? lets say it was Aberdeen taking the stance. How many of us would care that they were making a stance? 

good reference to our legal action last year - but I don't think that generated much media attention outwith edinburgh. even then, nothing changed.

it really needs unity in the boardrooms of the clubs outside the ugly sisters to back each other when it's any team facing the injustice. Sadly, we know thats not going to happen.

it's infuriating as hell, but until the power of the ugly sisters is taken away (and thus the power of the SFA) then things aren't going to change.

As said above, he's banned for abusive language to a match official.

For comparison of when to act, see joint query from clubs re admittance of away fans. Authorities had no argument so it was a stick on WIN.

9 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Would have been pointless arguing it. Everyone knows how these clowns 🤡 work at the SFA. If he had, he would have probably got even longer. 

Don't agree with the ref's decision but Robbie thought the game was lost and decided he'd take it out on the ref after the "throat" incident.. Time for him to grow up. We've lost him on the touchline for three games...

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

don't disagree one iota.

but as I say, who apart from us would care? lets say it was Aberdeen taking the stance. How many of us would care that they were making a stance? 

good reference to our legal action last year - but I don't think that generated much media attention outwith edinburgh. even then, nothing changed.

it really needs unity in the boardrooms of the clubs outside the ugly sisters to back each other when it's any team facing the injustice. Sadly, we know thats not going to happen.

it's infuriating as hell, but until the power of the ugly sisters is taken away (and thus the power of the SFA) then things aren't going to change.

You have to make it public as far and wide as possible, use the English media like SSN, Ewan Murray to do an article in the Guardian. Booing the popes minute silence was reported worldwide for instance. Kick ip a fuss. It has to start somewhere and it would be the best legacy Budge could leave if somehow she can get this inquiry by the five clubs involved to somehow break the duopoly and their control

over our game. 
Shrugging their shoulders isn’t acceptable. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

don't disagree one iota.

I want the SFA and SPFL to absolutely dread having to take us on, like they do with the rangers and celtic

26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I want the SFA and SPFL to absolutely dread having to take us on, like they do with the rangers and celtic

again - I also agree.

would the SFA find a way to punish us further by challenging?

finding a way to maximise publicity is the key. we currently have very very little desire in the scottish MSM to pick up this kind of story and almost rock all down in england / rest of the world. :(

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Show the penalty decision, compare it to at least three similar ones given last night. 
Show the red card, compare it to similar red cards given every day all over the world. 
As much as I hate Levein he had the bottle to stand up to them, backed by Robinson who also recognised how dodgy it was when we got 4 players sent off there. 

But this thread shows most folk don’t want to upset the Apple cart or fight for what’s right, happy to just bend over. 

We could/should have made those comments in the post match press conference.

I'm not arguing against the points you are making, just the forum in which they are aired.

RN misses three games.  Appeal and maybe he misses five, because although all you mention is mitigation of why he spoke to the ref the way he did, it doesn't excuse that (as seen through an appeal panels eyes)

It’s been updated, he’s taken the 3 match ban like a good little boy. 

No option really. Second yellow was for a clear case of dissent, clapped the ref and gave him the thumbs up after first yellow. No way was he winning an appeal on that. First yellow was a marginal one, Rangers player out of order but Neilson didn’t need to get involved. At Ibrox he gets a yellow, elsewhere he possibly doesn’t. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'm not arguing against the points you are making, just the forum in which they are aired.

RN misses three games.  Appeal and maybe he misses five, because although all you mention is mitigation of why he spoke to the ref the way he did, it doesn't excuse that (as seen through an appeal panels eyes)

He questioned why teams don’t get these decisions at Ibrox. 
It’s not an appeal, you go there to explain why you were frustrated and used the language you did.
If managers and players were banned for their language towards the ref they would all be in the stand every week. 

It’s quite easy to communicate with the bench from the stand, he’s done it before, and you can even send notes up and down. 
It would’ve been worth it to fight our corner imo, not in the clubs obviously. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

No option really. Second yellow was for a clear case of dissent, clapped the ref and gave him the thumbs up after first yellow. No way was he winning an appeal on that. First yellow was a marginal one, Rangers player out of order but Neilson didn’t need to get involved. At Ibrox he gets a yellow, elsewhere he possibly doesn’t. 

It’s not an appeal, you go there to put forward your case. You’re getting banned either way, so state your case and then show it to the world afterwards.

11 minutes ago, Boris said:

I think he should just wear a mic and tell jig what to do.

He'll be wearing a mask, right? 😇

2 hours ago, Homme said:

Dull one regarding the suspended bans.

So effectively a three match ban for calling out an injustice. Not surprising in this footballing cesspit of a county.

Not really, two of them were for previous misdemeanours.  The fact that he had a further two match ban hanging over him makes his reaction to first yellow on Saturday even more stupid. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not an appeal, you go there to put forward your case. You’re getting banned either way, so state your case and then show it to the world afterwards.

The hearing is an appeal. He was offered/given a one match ban.  If he thinks it’s unfair he can go talk to them at the hearing. Anyone who thinks it’s not an appeal is missing the fact that his punishment has already been meted out. 

So we just accept the status quo, do what’s always been done, take our medicine, roll over and have our tummy tickled? 
I was hoping for more from Neilson, but this is totally in keeping with what McKinley and Budge do. 

How can you think he should have taken them on. Everyone agrees that Bacuna should have been sent off for the hands around Kingsley’s throat. Neilson’s first yellow was for the way he approached/remonstrated with the ref about the incident and his interpretation of it. His second yellow was for sarcastic, somewhat childish gestures to the officials after the first yellow. Both yellows were commonplace and probably fully justified based on his behaviour.  Can’t believe I’m debating Neilson with you PfK and you are the one on Neilson’s  side!!!  A first for jkb I think.  

Sensible to only fight the battles you think you can win otherwise it’s a waste of money and everyone’s time. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really, two of them were for previous misdemeanours.  The fact that he had a further two match ban hanging over him makes his reaction to first yellow on Saturday even more stupid. 

Indeed . If he verbally abused the ref (our job surely ?) then no point whatsoever in appealing . Absolutely futile gesture .

As already said pick your battles , this clearly isn't the one 

Bazzas right boot

Both bookings were correct for Bob tho. 

He hasn't got a leg to stand on. 

He knows this, all the adults know this. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Robbie should hop in Section N for the Dundee game, feel right at home with the way he treats refs :lol: 

And rightly so because the refs are a disgrace and Scottish football is corrupt 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The hearing is an appeal. He was offered/given a one match ban.  If he thinks it’s unfair he can go talk to them at the hearing. Anyone who thinks it’s not an appeal is missing the fact that his punishment has already been meted out. 

Yeah if you had read my other posts I’m quite aware he’s getting banned no matter what, that’s why it’s not an appeal as there’s no hope of overturning it is there? 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Both bookings were correct for Bob tho. 

He hasn't got a leg to stand on. 

He knows this, all the adults know this. 

You’re not actually calling yourself an adult 😆?!?!
Anyway if it’s for foul and abusive language any alleged adult realises refs get this abuse hundreds of times every game from players and managers. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Robbie should hop in Section N for the Dundee game, feel right at home with the way he treats refs :lol: 

And rightly so because the refs are a disgrace and Scottish football is corrupt 

Agreed, but he’s not popular in N to be honest, I’m sure a seat in behind the dug outs will be found within shouting distance. 

44 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

again - I also agree.

would the SFA find a way to punish us further by challenging?

finding a way to maximise publicity is the key. we currently have very very little desire in the scottish MSM to pick up this kind of story and almost rock all down in england / rest of the world. :(

Maybe they would punish us more, but I'm right up for us kicking and screaming more too. We could get "**** the general authorities" in the seats around tynie or even hire a plane!

Bazzas right boot

You’re not actually calling yourself an adult 😆?!?!
Anyway if it’s for foul and abusive language any alleged adult realises refs get this abuse hundreds of times every game from players and managers. 

No point in fighting it if pulled up for it tho. 

Utterly pointless. 

Hopefully Hearts and Bob concentrate on the next game and on the pitch matters. 

This is a complete sideshow and a distraction, it's also not that interesting Tbh. 

Dundee next is the important matter. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, but he’s not popular in N to be honest, I’m sure a seat in behind the dug outs will be found within shouting distance. 

Maybe so, but that might change if he was in there and his team go and smash Dundee :lol:  bit of a gamble if we lose tho.... ! 

Realistically, we all know the situation where if we speak out, we get punished, seen it too many times before, especially when we're challenging on the pitch.

Nobody agrees Hearts should accept it, need to go at it in a different way. 

An idea could be to get a clip/still compliation to run on a screen at every press conference of every time decisions go in Old Firm favour, even use examples against other clubs so it can't be used as an attack on Hearts by the GFA. 

Reach out to other forums/fans groups, crowdfund an ad campaign to have it playing on every media outlet possible, targeted ads on YouTube, Sky, STV, Facebook etc, because that's what is important to these companies, ad revenue. 

Problem with this is the same as the s***show from how we were demoted, self-interest and rivalry. 

Edited by FoH forever
Possible "bad" language

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe so, but that might change if he was in there and his team go and smash Dundee :lol:  bit of a gamble if we lose tho.... ! 

Definitely, I’m quite close to them and wouldn’t like to get any nearer 😂.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, FoH forever said:

Realistically, we all know the situation where if we speak out, we get punished, seen it too many times before, especially when we're challenging on the pitch.

Nobody agrees Hearts should accept it, need to go at it in a different way. 

An idea could be to get a clip/still compliation to run on a screen at every press conference of every time decisions go in Old Firm favour, even use examples against other clubs so it can't be used as an attack on Hearts by the GFA. 

Reach out to other forums/fans groups, crowdfund an ad campaign to have it playing on every media outlet possible, targeted ads on YouTube, Sky, STV, Facebook etc, because that's what is important to these companies, ad revenue. 

Problem with this is the same as the shitshow from how we were demoted, self-interest and rivalry. 

Some good ideas in there. 

7 hours ago, Boris said:

As much as a RN can feel justified in his response to the refs inaction, the reason RN was red carded was due to the way he spoke to the ref.

Whether the ref made an arse of the initial decision is irrelevant and, whilst a mitigating factor, not a defence.

So if RN does challenge the decision it will be based on what and how he said and behaved, not why. IMO.

Dont be sensible 👌🏻

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, I’m quite close to them and wouldn’t like to get any nearer 😂.

Put 6 past that shite and he could probably crowdsurf all the way along from N to the dugout end of the game. All is forgiven Robbie. So keen to see a demolition job on Saturday. I'm never one to predict a hammering, but somebody is getting a pasting from us at some point. Desperate for it to be Saturday, would light the whole support & season on fire 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been updated, he’s taken the 3 match ban like a good little boy. 

You need a swift kick in the bowl full of jellies….That is an awful take. I appreciate you are a passionate man/lunatic 😉😝 but he cant appeal something that is correct. Any appeal is a guaranteed loss at a cost to us and to him and his coaching team. He got what was needed to be said out after the game and im sure it’ll come up again. For now take the one game and use it as motivation.

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Time for the rest of the coaching team to step up on match day. Is he banned from the stadium or just the dug-out? And if he's in the stadium, is he allowed comms with his coaches?

Used to be no contact with the team after a certain time , not sure if it still works that way. 

2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely , small things like it being known we searched for a viable alternative to the league we are in due to our treatment and now working with other owners “to better the product” is a nice warning shot across the bows. Will it make a big difference I doubt it however its a starting point.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Don't agree with the ref's decision but Robbie thought the game was lost and decided he'd take it out on the ref after the "throat" incident.. Time for him to grow up. We've lost him on the touchline for three games...

Horrendous though not unexpected take from you. 😑

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Put 6 past that shite and he could probably crowdsurf all the way along from N to the dugout end of the game. All is forgiven Robbie. So keen to see a demolition job on Saturday. I'm never one to predict a hammering, but somebody is getting a pasting from us at some point. Desperate for it to be Saturday, would light the whole support & season on fire 

Spot on, all the indicators show it could well be them on Saturday.  Going to be a great atmosphere with how we’ve been playing, hair weave weegie in the dug out, no teeth fat hun in midfield, racist hair weave paedo theiving Hibs ***** up front for them.
Looking forward to it already. 

Look, everyone knows the officiating on Saturday was joke. We know the reasons why he went off and they're are somewhat justified. To me it seems like Robbies reactions justified the two yellows, even if I agree with him being entitled to. A professional football team should be able to operate without their manager in the dug out for a couple games.

Spot on, all the indicators show it could well be them on Saturday.  Going to be a great atmosphere with how we’ve been playing, hair weave weegie in the dug out, no teeth fat hun in midfield, racist hair weave paedo theiving Hibs ***** up front for them.
Looking forward to it already. 

Probably your best post in many years mate 🤣🤣🤣

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

You need a swift kick in the bowl full of jellies….That is an awful take. I appreciate you are a passionate man/lunatic 😉😝 but he cant appeal something that is correct. Any appeal is a guaranteed loss at a cost to us and to him and his coaching team. He got what was needed to be said out after the game and im sure it’ll come up again. For now take the one game and use it as motivation.

Used to be no contact with the team after a certain time , not sure if it still works that way. 

Absolutely , small things like it being known we searched for a viable alternative to the league we are in due to our treatment and now working with other owners “to better the product” is a nice warning shot across the bows. Will it make a big difference I doubt it however its a starting point.

Horrendous though not unexpected take from you. 😑

Missed opportunity to kick up more fuss and rock the boat even more, it’s only a few grand ffs. 
We should take every chance we get to stick it to these weegie *****, even in a losing battle. 

It will be mentioned at his press conference tomorrow, hope he brings it up before we play them here and away 😆
I get it that it’s not how the club do these things, as an owner I feel it should 😱😜.,

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Probably your best post in many years mate 🤣🤣🤣

Jonno has been coaching me 😜. I hope the guys in front of me have their usual caps on 🤦🏽🤬😷

Edited by Pasquale for King

He was rightly sent off and I don't think an appeal would have done anything. He takes the ban on the chin and moves on. 

He was rightly aggrieved at what was transpiring before him but in the eyes of the SFA it is no excuse.  

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As you stated, Levein stood up to them. Changed nothing then and Neilson doing the same would change nothing now.

It needs to be all clubs minus the butt cheeks to do something together. And we know that’ll never happen. Scottish football is doomed to fail for ever.

Ex member of the SaS

Sadly I can see both sides of this. All for fighting stupid bans and injustices, but win or lose, Hearts as a club would suffer hugely with ref's and officials ignoring offsides for the opposition etc. We witnessed this with Levein. Until All clubs stand up to what is clearly a weegie bias nothing will change. 

Missed opportunity to kick up more fuss and rock the boat even more, it’s only a few grand ffs. 
We should take every chance we get to stick it to these weegie *****, even in a losing battle. 

It will be mentioned at his press conference tomorrow, hope he brings it up before we play them here and away 😆
I get it that it’s not how the club do these things, as an owner I feel it should 😱😜.,

It is and isnt , has to be handled carefully as technicaly he’s in the wrong. Its the same with the if it was a Hearts player doing that to a Rangers player argument. Just because the arsehole refs show leniency to them and are harsher on other teams doesnt make the fundamentals wrong. I hope he does bring it up that would be the way to push the position. Mention it prior to it and it increases pressure for them not to be seen like that. 👌🏻 

Can you imagine if we did stuff as per your way. Napalm the city , just do it , its the only way 🤣

Jonno has been coaching me 😜. I hope the guys in front of me have their usual caps on 🤦🏽🤬😷

One of us had to get through to ya eventually 🤣

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

It is and isnt , has to be handled carefully as technicaly he’s in the wrong. Its the same with the if it was a Hearts player doing that to a Rangers player argument. Just because the arsehole refs show leniency to them and are harsher on other teams doesnt make the fundamentals wrong. I hope he does bring it up that would be the way to push the position. Mention it prior to it and it increases pressure for them not to be seen like that. 👌🏻 

Can you imagine if we did stuff as per your way. Napalm the city , just do it , its the only way 🤣

One of us had to get through to ya eventually 🤣

Don’t mind the city, just the football fans and the dodgy administrators 😆