Neilson

SuperAustin

See if Robbie doesn’t take the ban and it goes to Hampden and he wins it. Then that fud Robertson should be demoted to refereeing in league 1 or two for a couple of weeks. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Jim Panzee

• Riccarton3

• Unknown user

August Landmesser

Also, sitting in the stand is actually a better vantage point to see the game. 

And at Tynie, the front row of P is basically the dugout anyway. Close enough to pass a note to Jig etc.

Happy with whatever the club decide to do on this, Andrew McKinley will know exactly what the chances of success are.

Should just take it.

Hes a daftie for not remembering he was in the “big hoose” where he has no right to stick up for his own team!

To just accept it is a declaration that the status quo is acceptable. If nobody stands up to these injustices nothing will ever change. Push the envelope and make them uncomfortable having to justify the bias involved at the asswipes grounds. 

Heart of Darkness
3 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

He should come out and state he will just be accepting the one match ban as its pointless to challenge an institution who make the rules as they go and don't question the failings of their own representatives but penalise those who dare to question.

Perfect response! 👌

Dagger Is Back

Fight it. To do anything other than that is by definition, to accept it.

If he loses the appeal use it to further rule us and the squad up. 

Nothing better than a pissed on Gorgie crowd. 

14 hours ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Mcpake is missing anaw, not that he is akin to Guardiola but evens itself out in a positional capacity  

They can both go toe to toe in the stands....

4 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Go to the hearing.

Grab one of the SPFL reps by the throat.

Take the yellow card and move on.

All for grabbing one of the reps by the throat but pretty sure it's a red were fighting do we boot him in the baws anaw 

Pick up the phone, say he'll not fight it if they keep Robertson away from Hearts games the rest of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58971739

Both Robbie and Mcpake have hearings on 4/11.  Robbie can accept the one match ban before that.  McPake can’t as he’s previously been sent off for questioning an officials decision against… guess who?

So Mcpake will definitely be in the dugout on Saturday.

Robbie would be better taking his ban rather than trying to get through Glasgow during COP26🤪

Go to Hampden and take your jaiket aff, Robbie. Intae thim! 

Highlight everything when you get the chance, taking the offer just allows them to brush it under the carpet.

Hearts are a threat, so they'll try everything to block us.

5 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Also, sitting in the stand is actually a better vantage point to see the game. 

And at Tynie, the front row of P is basically the dugout anyway. Close enough to pass a note to Jig etc.

:D

Edited by ri Alban

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

See if Robbie doesn’t take the ban and it goes to Hampden and he wins it. Then that fud Robertson should be demoted to refereeing in league 1 or two for a couple of weeks. 

Honestly don't know how he got to the top league. Certainly can't be for ability. Most of the refs are corrupt up here but he has the added bonus of being out of his depth.

As much as a RN can feel justified in his response to the refs inaction, the reason RN was red carded was due to the way he spoke to the ref.

Whether the ref made an arse of the initial decision is irrelevant and, whilst a mitigating factor, not a defence.

So if RN does challenge the decision it will be based on what and how he said and behaved, not why. IMO.

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

He should come out and state he will just be accepting the one match ban as its pointless to challenge an institution who make the rules as they go and don't question the failings of their own representatives but penalise those who dare to question.

With careful wording, this would be the perfect action. Take the ban but issue an "apology" statement saying, "I'm really sorry that I could not control my emotions in the face of blatant incompetence from the match official. I really will have a long and hard think about how to remain calm and accept that referees and match officials might just miss violent conduct that occurs in front of their faces."

Reminds me of an ex-cricketer who was told by the newspaper he wrote for that he must apologise having written a column in which he took the piss out of Andrew Caddick about the size of his ears - comparing him to a taxi cab with both doors open. His published apology was, "I am very sorry that Andy Caddick has sticky-out ears."

We need more of that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

As much as a RN can feel justified in his response to the refs inaction, the reason RN was red carded was due to the way he spoke to the ref.

Whether the ref made an arse of the initial decision is irrelevant and, whilst a mitigating factor, not a defence.

So if RN does challenge the decision it will be based on what and how he said and behaved, not why. IMO.

this is the key to any appeal. if it can be proven that post the Kingsley throat grab, Nielsen said "ref! that's a ******* red card!" - then game over - foul & abusive language towards an official will be the defence / rebuttal.

Which is still staggering. Ref's / officials are told to GTF in almost every game across the world. If ref's applied the laws of the game by the book, we'd have games cancelled left right and centre.

I'd appeal knowing we're going to lose - but to make a point. Then someone with a big enough voice affiliated to our club (but not an employee) gives the media the material to highlight the absurdity of the officials in our game.

I think we need to be throwing our weight around and refusing to cheaply accept shit like this - Levein kent the score.

Scottish football needs to understand that we're not an easy target - if we get shit thrown at us we're coming out swinging.

Nemo me impune lacessit

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Take the ban and move on. It’s pathetic but they won’t budge and a home game v Dundee is ok for him to miss being on the bench. 

He can sit in stand with McPake as hes got a ban as well 🤣🤣

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, Boris said:

Get out of here, you realist.

ps. Get your hair cut.

Edited by part_time_jambo

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think we need to be throwing our weight around and refusing to cheaply accept shit like this - Levein kent the score.

Scottish football needs to understand that we're not an easy target - if we get shit thrown at us we're coming out swinging.

Nemo me impune lacessit

lobsterissimus bumakissimus 

Of course he/we should challenge it, and publicise why. I can't see the decision being overturned but we can show our contempt for the OF mafia

Pick your battles. This isn't one worth fighting.

Are players allowed to appeal red cards after two bookings these days? If not, another stupid inconsistency in the rules.

Just now, XB52 said:

Great film 

a great film which took the mickey out of all religions (sorry @colinmaroon)

they could probably do another film about the folk running the game up here - equally bonkers

7 minutes ago, Darren said:

Pick your battles. This isn't one worth fighting.

Are players allowed to appeal red cards after two bookings these days? If not, another stupid inconsistency in the rules.

I agree with the principle of fighting battles small enough to win but big enough to matter. This is different though.

I think we need to start puffing our chests out and acting like one of the biggest clubs in the country, and that means making sure the authorities don't want to take us on because they know how we'll react.

I get that it won't be a popular view though, that's fair enough.

Brick Tamland
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I agree with the principle of fighting battles small enough to win but big enough to matter. This is different though.

I think we need to start puffing our chests out and acting like one of the biggest clubs in the country, and that means making sure the authorities don't want to take us on because they know how we'll react.

I get that it won't be a popular view though, that's fair enough.

100% this.

It isn't going to do us any harm is it? We have had years and years of bias and cheating and at some point we have to say enough is enough and now is as good a time as any.

Vlad the impaler

I think a lot of peoples opinions on here may have been different to just accepting it if we hadn’t got a positive result. The more you fight against injustices the more it’s highlighted how flawed the governance of football is in this country imo,I’d take it all the way. Whether we have a chance of winning it is another thing

Jambof3tornado
14 hours ago, OTT said:

What could it be increased to if we decide to fight it?

Half tempted to say **** it and fight it. He witnessed an opposition player grab his player by the throat right in front of him and the 4th official. 

Correct. Plenty footage of it happening,just because some people chose not to witness or discuss it doesnt mean Robbie should just take it up the farter!!

As pointless as it may be, we should fight this just to highlight refs mistake at throathold. Get that acknowledged.

He will still be banned for having a go at 4th official (which is a stupid rule.)

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Yeah, he's probably given Robertson a 'get out' in the heat of the moment. 

25 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

a great film which took the mickey out of all religions (sorry @colinmaroon)

TBF John Knox said it before Monty Python!

Romanes eunt domus or Knox, being a scholar of the Classics, would have said correctly:

Romani ite domum.

41 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

TBF John Knox said it before Monty Python!

Romanes eunt domus or Knox, being a scholar of the Classics, would have said correctly:

Romani ite domum.

thank the lord (s'cuse the pun) for google translate. I never did the Latin at school - not clever enough so did metalwork instead. 

Edited by Jim Panzee

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

thank the lord (s'cuse the pun) for google translate. I never did the Latin at school - not clever enough so did metalwork instead. 

Never had the Latin to get through the rigorous judging exams....

8 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

So that’s him out of Dundee home, St J away and Sheep away (I think!)

Edited by MattyK82

23 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

better off being a miner

Indeed, well they only ask you one question in that exam

Dull one regarding the suspended bans.

So effectively a three match ban for calling out an injustice. Not surprising in this footballing cesspit of a county.

24 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

" Robbie Neilson has accepted...."

means McKinley or someone in the club knows we were cast iron guaranteed to lose any appeal.

would Nielsen have got the 3 match ban if appealing - or would the SFA added on more games to the ban?

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58971739

Both Robbie and Mcpake have hearings on 4/11.  Robbie can accept the one match ban before that.  McPake can’t as he’s previously been sent off for questioning an officials decision against… guess who?

So Mcpake will definitely be in the dugout on Saturday.

Robbie would be better taking his ban rather than trying to get through Glasgow during COP26🤪

It’s been updated, he’s taken the 3 match ban like a good little boy. 

InternationalJambo
24 minutes ago, Homme said:

Dull one regarding the suspended bans.

So effectively a three match ban for calling out an injustice. Not surprising in this footballing cesspit of a county.

Yup. Ridiculous how they so blatantly get away with it.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been updated, he’s taken the 3 match ban like a good little boy. 

Would have been pointless arguing it. Everyone knows how these clowns 🤡 work at the SFA. If he had, he would have probably got even longer. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Would have been pointless arguing it. Everyone knows how these clowns 🤡 work at the SFA. If he had, he would have probably got even longer. 

So we just accept the status quo, do what’s always been done, take our medicine, roll over and have our tummy tickled? 
I was hoping for more from Neilson, but this is totally in keeping with what McKinley and Budge do. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we just accept the status quo, do what’s always been done, take our medicine, roll over and have our tummy tickled? 
I was hoping for more from Neilson, but this is totally in keeping with what McKinley and Budge do. 

Pick your battles - this was always only going to end one way (see my previous opinion on the matter).

Plus points - Neilson showed passion.

Negative - regardless of moral argument, he's not got a leg to stand on.

Not really sure what you were expecting?