***Official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee Match Thread***

CloustonHMFC

Not interested in the drama.

We played decent football most of the game but the fact is we don't really create too many clear cut chances. Can't knock the effort or blame Neilson it was just one of those games. I imagine Boyce will miss a few games and the next two games will be a struggle.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2: aye okay. 

Ok fine al play along 

if we drew 38 games in the league  ended the season unbeaten  would that be good?

are you saying a home draw with Dundee is good ? I’m not saying we have had a bad start but wouldn’t say it’s excellent either. 
 For the record home draws with Aberdeen and Hibs are not good enough and IMO drawing at ibrox then drawing at hot to Dundee is pointless  

Seriously, what's wrong with people. We're top. Yes we should have won. But last week we should have lost. 

Let's hopefully pump St Johnstone.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

You are off your head if you think Jamie Walker is better than any of the players you have mentioned. 

He's pish. 

He's not made the starting lineup since Brora, but the further he gets from the first team the better player he becomes.

By Christmas he'll be better than Messi.

Салатные палочки
Just now, Taffin said:

Means nothing. A team could draw every game and get relegated 😂

1 win and 2 defeats is worth the same as 3 draws. People are getting blinded by being 'unbeaten' imo.

How many of us honestly expected us to be into October unbeaten? I certainly didn't. 

Honestly, today was a terrible result but seriously, people need to calm down. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

1 win and 2 defeats is worth the same as 3 draws. People are getting blinded by being 'unbeaten' imo.

:spoton:

Draw with the rangers away last week, drop 2 points against scumdee at home this week, im not surprised tbh, 45 odd years of this, ive been following Hearts long enough to know, its what we do.

HHGH 

1 minute ago, NLTFTh said:

All the talk about giving that mob a doing, let down with too many passengers today.. 

Bad day @ the office, move on..

More worrying is Boyce picking up an injury. 

HHGH

Our situation means we’re too dependent on Boyce staying fit.

As others have mentioned the build-up to the game probably didn’t do us any favours.

That said, the players should have had enough motivation and professionalism to win a game like this, surely.

We’ve started brightly but perhaps we all need to have a bit perspective. We’re still a work in progress, after all.

1 minute ago, Beni said:

It's ridiculous the number of times Smith has been in a decent position only to put in a really poor ball.

Incredible frustrating that a wingback can't do one of the basics his position requires.

That's because he's not a natural wing-back and he's about 34. Smith does what he can when he can but he's not superman. The whole team should be ashamed of the way they allowed Dundee so much possession. They went into their shells and it smacked of a lot of performances of last season. It was only a matter of time that they would equalize. Slow and mis-placed passes from all the players near enough would've delighted the Dundee players as it gave them all time to get back and defend leaving us passing across the middle and back for most of that second half. 

Oh well, least my voice is starting to return from all the screaming at them.

Салатные палочки
Just now, James1874f said:

Ok fine al play along 

if we drew 38 games in the league  ended the season unbeaten  would that be good?

are you saying a home draw with Dundee is good ? I’m not saying we have had a bad start but wouldn’t say it’s excellent either. 
 For the record home draws with Aberdeen and Hibs are not good enough and IMO drawing at ibrox then drawing at hot to Dundee is pointless  

But we won't draw 38 games will we, as we have already won five. 

If you look back a couple of pages, you'll see I have said that today was a terrible result. 

I cant wait to see this place when we actually lose. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Seriously, what's wrong with people. We're top. Yes we should have won. But last week we should have lost. 

It's still a very good season but that doesn't change that this is an incredibly frustrating result. We had better quality than a squad filled with has-beens that parked the bus, tried meekly to counter attack, and got lucky that one of our best players switched off late in the game.

I think the reason so many of us are frustrated at Gnanduillet is that this is the game where you need a big, physical striker to make room in the box and old his position. He's not the bad player that some are moaning about but when we really needed him, he did absolutely nothing.

I would still like to see him played alongside Boyce rather than thrown up front alone.

Smith is the weak link in our system for me. Great defender but dreadful going forward. Had so many opportunities today to create something and blew it every time. 

Might be better to play a more attacking player in that position, especially against p!$h like dundee. Might lose a bit defence wise but will make a huge difference going forward. 

3 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Ok fine al play along 

The absolute state of you  :vrface:

3 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Gnando gives teams an easy option to go down and get free kicks even they’ve got back to goal and going backwards, needless fouls and as you already stated is hopeless in front of goal, preferred big uche to him and that’s saying something, ginnelly just doesn’t do enough for me, playing on the front foot and not being able to deliver a decent ball is just pointless, he fails every single time when it comes to an end product and speaking of delivering a ball into the box Micheal smith is utter garbage at that and that’s just as frustrating, key word today is frustration because that’s exactly what today was !

Really frustrating mate. We are a good striker off having a very decent side (or at least the spine of a very decent side. I’d never bring Gnando on personally. Nothing about him gives you any confidence. One of the attacking midfielders could have just moved into a false 9 or Ginnelly on through the middle. Painful though.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Shite. 

We are literally top of the league. 

Your hypothetical situation won't play out. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

But we won't draw 38 games will we, as we have already won five. 

If you look back a couple of pages, you'll see I have said that today was a terrible result. 

I cant wait to see this place when we actually lose. 

A home draw to Dundee is hardly an exaggeration compared to recent results. When we lose, we should have won today and the other games stated. By your logic do we accept home draw aww to shite like Dundee ? 

A very frustrating day. Loads of possession but we're too slow on the ball at times allowing Dundee to get everyone behind the ball. Dundee were clearly playing very tight as well, giving up lots of space on the wings. Our wingers and full backs were pretty poor at getting good balls into the box. Lost count of how many crosses we had blocked by the the first man. Also lacking players who seem confident shooting from the edge of the box.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic got beat of us, drew with utd and got beat of livi. 

Rangers drew with  well, got beat of Utd... 

Need I go on?

No team will win the league easy... as the other teams also want to win. 

Shock / horror. 

3rd will be a challenge, never mind 1st.

It still doesn't change the answer to us challenging for a league title thread. The OF will drop points yes, but we have to be doing the business against these teams at home as a given...more so when you get your nose in front. If we don't do that then we won't make a challenge.

And no....I dont think we can challenge for the title and never have since the Burley team. I expect us to drop points here and there because of where we are at.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

That's because he's not a natural wing-back and he's about 34. Smith does what he can when he can but he's not superman. The whole team should be ashamed of the way they allowed Dundee so much possession. They went into their shells and it smacked of a lot of performances of last season. It was only a matter of time that they would equalize. Slow and mis-placed passes from all the players near enough would've delighted the Dundee players as it gave them all time to get back and defend leaving us passing across the middle and back for most of that second half. 

That's true, Smith is trying to adapt at to a new position at the late stage of his career, but it's still bloody annoying to see the same thing happening week in, week out.

Poor show up front but had we defended the throw in properly we would have been celebrating a scruffy win. Beni sold the jerseys there. Gnando did little to convince the manager he deserves a start however if Boyce is injured no one to challenge him for it. Woodburn must be guaranteed a start because he has done little to merit his place for me. Devlin my MOTm mainly because he never gave up. This is the sort of game that could define our season. Win our home games against teams below while the bigger games take care of themselves.  Made all the worse because of the recent history.

This is the photo for the link to the match on the BBC sports page. Is Robbie really trying to hold his breath underwater?

407330962_Screenshotat2021-10-2317-21-27.png.3b8ea6e837248896f998177a49a91b3c.png

StirlingJambo

Gnando was gash and was hoping for much more from him.

Boyce…best penalty taker in Scotland. His link up play is good but he does get chances but doesn’t convert them. Also positioning is wrong at times which would get him even more chances.

We need a proper finisher in squad to play up with Boyce because he does offer something just not the goals we are needing.

Just now, James1874f said:

You celebrating a draw ? Very Hibs 

I'm laughing at the state of slavers like yourself who have been waiting weeks to moan about something.  It cheers me up after the result.

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

A home draw to Dundee is hardly an exaggeration compared to recent results. When we lose, we should have won today and the other games stated. By your logic do we accept home draw aww to shite like Dundee ? 

Where did I say I accept it? :laugh2:

Have a lie doon. 

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

When did this happen?  Maybe you wouldn't lose your voice if you opened your eyes.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Smith is the weak link in our system for me. Great defender but dreadful going forward. Had so many opportunities today to create something and blew it every time. 

Might be better to play a more attacking player in that position, especially against p!$h like dundee. Might lose a bit defence wise but will make a huge difference going forward. 

Like i said further up, Smith has been a right-back for most of his career, not a wing-back. 

This is why i mentioned a few weeks back that we should be looking to coach McEnef into a wing-back. He has the pace to cover that side of the pitch. Smith, more often than not, gets into a reasonable position then makes it easy for the opposition by passing inwards. They get back to defend and moves break down. Can't teach an old dog new tricks but the coaches seem to think that they can. He's 34, not 24.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

This is the photo for the link to the match on the BBC sports page. Is Robbie really trying to hold his breath underwater?

407330962_Screenshotat2021-10-2317-21-27.png.3b8ea6e837248896f998177a49a91b3c.png

MV5BMzM3ZWZkOWUtMWMwMC00NDg4LTg0OTAtNTBk 

No surprises if he is.

26 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

And that's why the answer to the can we challenge for the league title thread is no.

3 points at home against the tinpot clubs needs to be a given.

Yep 

25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

10 games unbeaten is great, but 5 draws in 10 games is not great.

We'll regret these dropped points at the end of the season.

True 

23 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

All the talk about giving that mob a doing, let down with too many passengers today.. 

Bad day @ the office, move on..

More worrying is Boyce picking up an injury. 

HHGH

I know we’re saying 5-0 ! Forget thaf Griffiths and Cummings always up their game against us like they did today . Not at all surprised 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Where did I say I accept it? :laugh2:

Have a lie doon. 

A draw it home to Dundee is not acceptable for HMFC 

HeartsandonlyHearts

I’m more upset that we actually made that fat toothless fat **** Adam’s  sound and look like some kind of fat football Guru now that the game is over. We do look like we’d need 25 million to challenge the big boys. We don’t have any killers.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

It still doesn't change the answer to us challenging for a league title thread. The OF will drop points yes, but we have to be doing the business against these teams at home as a given...more so when you get your nose in front. If we don't do that then we won't make a challenge.

And no....I dont think we can challenge for the title and never have since the Burley team. I expect us to drop points here and there because of where we are at.

We will drop points. 

If you want to get emotional- fair enough. 

But if you understand we won't win every game and every game will be hard then when you win you are happy and when you don't you understand it, then you are in a good place. 

1st or 2nd after 10 games is great. 

Anyone that thinks different is clueless. 

We can win the next game. 

Just back at the car totally pissed off!

couple of thoughts -

Charlie Adam kicked Beni three times in the first five Minutes which slowed him down for the rest of the game.

Game turned on the substitutions of the centre forwards - they brought on a big guy who won balls in the air and created space for others.

We brought on a big guy who was absolutely feckin hopeless!!!

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Like i said further up, Smith has been a right-back for most of his career, not a wing-back. 

This is why i mentioned a few weeks back that we should be looking to coach McEnef into a wing-back. He has the pace to cover that side of the pitch. Smith, more often than not, gets into a reasonable position then makes it easy for the opposition by passing inwards. They get back to defend and moves break down. Can't teach an old dog new tricks but the coaches seem to think that they can. He's 34, not 24.

Yeah he's not suited to that role. Too slow - physically and mentally. Takes an extra second or two to think what he wants to do and opportunity lost. 

Leveins Battalion

We played well today,if anything we overplayed it at times.Boyce should of had 2,GMS again missing a big chance to Kill the game.Gnaduillet just awfull when he came on,I'd get rid in January and sign another 2 strikers.

So ****ing frustrating. Passed them off the park. Played some lovely stuff. Never gave Griffiths a sniff and Adam will still be in Beni’s pocket. Worldy of a goal. Then to lose a goal from a long throw and chuck away 2 points is so disappointing. Basically makes our good result last week pointless as we would’ve been better off getting beat last week and winning today. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You know fine well that he is more than a penalty box striker,THD.

He was unlucky to hit the bar and yes he does miss chances, but he is an integral part of our team and I hope he isn't out for long because we are short of options in that area. 

We do need another striker in January.

he is more than that, yes, and I don’t know if it is because he is being over played but his influence is diminishing week on week.

today he was not the reason we were leading and him being taken off was not the reason we lost a goal.

today he was totally ineffective and had no influence on the game other than missing chances.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Been saying it for weeks,  we are shot shy in the box , every week we try extra touches and its caught up with us today , trying to walk the ball in the net 🤬 Talk of us splitting the old firm was a bit premature 

Edited by Marczero

Салатные палочки
Just now, Lonewolflins said:

Aye drawn half or games , not that great to be honest . 

When did we become so entitled as a support? 

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Edited by Thomaso

27 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Long time since i lost my voice screaming at that shit!

Back to the old ways in that second half. Tippy-tappy passing across the back walks right into the oppositions hands giving them plenty time to get back to defend. Why try making it difficult to score when pace is the key!? Hopeless! Never learn. The warning signs were there in the first half with slow, pedestrian often lazy passes going astray. HAd a bad feeling almost from the start of the second half and there it is. Yet another two points dropped at home against shit and they only have themselves to blame. Should be ashamed of their performance. Needed that three points with two away games coming up. Serves them right.

Absolutely bang on, you could see it coming from virtually the start of the 2nd half. We were so slow and pedestrian in getting the ball forward, it felt like game management. Dundee committed to getting something, they brought on 3 forwards in the second half (Mullen, Sheridan, Cummings), yet we still tried to play out no matter how much they pressed us. Surely we have to adapt in that situation and go long and commit ourselves? Vary it at least. But no, it was still slow slow, pass side to side and back, giving them side to get set. Sheridan was more effective for them when he came in and they deserved it when it came. Really disappointed, feels like a loss. How come Dundee have at least 4 goal scoring forwards (Sheridan, Mullen, Cummings, Griffiths), yet we only have two? If Boyce is injured we have an issue now

Edited by HMFC 86

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Lonewolflins said:

Aye drawn half or games , not that great to be honest . 

True but if we average 2 points per game for the season we’ll have done very nicely in the league.