***Official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee Match Thread***

CloustonHMFC

Haven't seen one yet.

I'm flying home on Saturday morning and have tickets for this. Think we'll outclass them but maybe struggle to put our chances away. 2-0 and finish the day top of the table 🇱🇻

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

Impudently premature, but rescued by the use of “vs” in the thread title. 

2-1 Hearts.

Griffiths to be arrested after remonstrating excessively with Section G. McJake to sound like the neddiest person in Scottish football (Martindale excepted) in his post-match lament.

Charlie Adam’s arse to cause a partial eclipse of the sun.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Impudently premature, but rescued by the use of “vs” in the thread title. 

2-1 Hearts.

Griffiths to be arrested after remonstrating excessively with Section G. McJake to sound like the neddiest person in Scottish football (Martindale excepted) in his post-match lament.

Charlie Adam’s arse to cause a partial eclipse of the sun.

So my wife says 😔

Think this is the game we find the back of the net more than we have all season.  The atmosphere will be poison, not just because of Griffiths, but because of their disgusting antics that led to us being punted into the Championship.  90 minutes of jeering, booing and slagging should have an effect on them, and the abuse that is going to be aimed at Griffiths won't be the usual fun and games he's used to at Tynecastle, it'll be much more personal.

I suspect we're going to winning this one by 4 goals.  Woodburn and Devlin to get off the mark, a Kingsley freekick, and a Boyce penalty because Dundee are a bunch of cloggers.

Edited by tian447

Any win will do but it's more important that this will be Griffiths and McPake's last ever involvement in Scottish football.

Robbie and the team will do their bit, just hope the fans will do theirs🇱🇻

Got a feeling this will be tricky and that Dundee will score.  Despite all that, 100% effort and a 4-1 win.

Assuming the newcomers get it drilled into them by the other players this could be a very venomous match and I'm all up for it.

I don't want our stadium going quiet for even a second, needs to be back to back pelters for the entire team; especially Griffiths and McPake.

Assuming Charlie Adam doesn't block half the goals with his fat arse we could see a decent scoreline, just need to stick to our game, be clinical and keep the tempo up from start to finish - Dundee will crumble under the slightest bit of pressure in midfield.

portobellojambo1

It's three games coming up versus Dundee, St Johnstone and Aberdeen where I'd be more than happy to accept 1-0 wins in each as it would secure 9 points.

I am hoping for a decisive win against Dundee.

I want to see a clean sheet and at least 2/3 goals.

Hope he plays the same team that played against Rangers

I’m hoping Scott Wilson is playing Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall ?

Before 

Half Time

Full Time 

Oi Griffiths leave those KIDS alone! 

Geddyalexneil
35 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I’m hoping Scott Wilson is playing Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall ?

Before 

Half Time

Full Time 

Oi Griffiths leave those KIDS alone! 

We need to be "Fearless" and make sure that shower have "One Of These Days" as we have them "On The Run"..

I could go on but I wont!😀

With only 6 points they must have areas that Hearts can target as well as looking to stifle the supply to Adam. Real purpose from the start, please. 3-1

I'm looking forward to the atmosphere at this game.  That and a dry humping of Scumdee.

Scott Wilson to play 'a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down' as they trudge off the pitch after a humiliation.

22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hopefully griffiths is injured as I can see him scoring against us 

What the **** is wrong with you. We’re unbeaten, second in the league and playing better than we have for years and all you have to say on the match thread is you hope beasty boy misses out.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What the **** is wrong with you. We’re unbeaten, second in the league and playing better than we have for years and all you have to say on the match thread is you hope beasty boy misses out.

😅

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Got a feeling this will be tricky and that Dundee will score.  Despite all that, 100% effort and a 4-1 win.

Sounds tricky.

4 - 1 victory 🤔

The boy McMullen creates most of their chances, so we’ll need to keep him contained.  No reason we shouldn’t win this if we play to our capabilities.  Think it will be a good atmosphere.  Let’s keep the momentum going and get another 3 points in the bag.

A poisonous atmosphere please and a hammering would be my hope.

sending us top and them bottom please.

really looking forward to this one. Hopefully a sell out

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I hope those in the middle of the main stand don't miss nelms with a cup of piss.

FTFY

I hope we ****ing smash them and don’t take the foot off the accelerator. Get devlin on the double espressos and red bulls all morning. 

Dundee well capable of causing trouble on the day, lots of potential story lines with Griffiths, Cummings and McJake. 

Hope we come out and absolutely rattle them.

Best team we’ve had for eons, barring a bad day at the office, would imagine we’d have far too much for them - could be 3 or 4 if we’re clinical. Looking forward to it.

Jean Louis Valois

No excuses not to win this one, Although they might have their tails up after beating Aberdeen. We need to right intae them from the start.

Having just seen McPake throw the ball away from an opposition player then trying to start a fight with him, I'm forced to up my prediction to 5-1.

No logic to that of course.  Logic is overrated.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I'd give The Big Man a start alongside Boycie for this one. 

I think we’ll see that more and more often. Whether it’s from the start of games is another question but the attack is a different proposition when Gnando is on. 

Golden rule for this one is not to back off them in possession.  Adam and Griffiths have it in them to let fly from 20+ yards.

The plus side is they have feck all pace and a shite defence.  Put this one to bed early Robbie 👍

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'd give The Big Man a start alongside Boycie for this one. 

Agreed.  Get him in for Woodburn for this one.  

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Golden rule for this one is not to back off them in possession.  Adam and Griffiths have it in them to let fly from 20+ yards.

The plus side is they have feck all pace and a shite defence.  Put this one to bed early Robbie 👍

Pace is the big factor. They don't have it and we do. Push up quickly and get right on top of their defence from the start. No reason why we can't repeat the fantastic performance at dundee united.

Edited by GinRummy

The Treasurer
Spoiler

Don't give away fouls near the box.

They maybe horrible wee shites but both Adam and the thumb can hit a decent free kick