COP26

Japan Jambo

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Glasgow is currently much worse with major issues about refuse collection going on and people using the flyovers on the M8 for flytipping. There are piles of rubbish in many places around the city. I'm not sure why it isn't more of a topic with the Scottish media just now. 

Because the Scottish media are mainly based in beautiful Glasgow……what were the quotes:

”people make Glasgow”

”Glasgow miles better” (I think that’s right)…..is there any more?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manaliveits105

• Japan Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Seymour M Hersh

11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Because the Scottish media are mainly based in beautiful Glasgow……what were the quotes:

”people make Glasgow”

”Glasgow miles better” (I think that’s right)…..is there any more?

You missed the short lived "Glasgow. Scotland with style"

Laugh? I nearly shat.

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Glasgow is currently much worse with major issues about refuse collection going on and people using the flyovers on the M8 for flytipping. There are piles of rubbish in many places around the city. I'm not sure why it isn't more of a topic with the Scottish media just now. 

The Scottish media is Glasgow.

In the words of a well known Hearts Supporters ditty when on their travels.

Edinburgh is the capital Glasgow is a Shithole! 

On 30/10/2021 at 11:20, Seymour M Hersh said:

Bearing in mind the stupid wee lassie blames climate change on the uK for having the temerity to have the industrial revolution I'd say no to your first comment. And your second is such an obvious POST i'll not bother answering. 

She is anything but stupid. She has a fantastic command of a non native language and is able to articulate complex ideas to international audiences because of it. This contrasts with our PM who struggles to make coherent points in his native language.

From what i saw Greta was explaining that the UK's claim that they had done more than any other nation to combat climate change was hypocritical because currently they were not accurately measuring emissions and because the problems created by burning fossil fuels are cumulative. She emphasisied that Britain had been the first country to burn fossil fuels in large quantities and so had a greater responsibility to do something about it. Nothing about the UK having the temerity to have the industrial revolution.

Calling her a stupid wee lassie is pathetic on so many levels. Unless of course you can show us some quotes where she said what you claim she said or maybe even find a quote which is actually stupid. Making things up doesn't count.

On the other hand our highly respected Pm said only 4 years ago that  concerns about global warming causing rising temperatures were a “primitive fear”. He also said that fear was  as far as I understand the science –  equally without foundation,”

He is an idiot kept in power by vested interests and their propaganda and she tells it like it is.

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Glasgow's miles better     ... aye, good one! :thumb:

I loved the old come back. 

'Edinburgh Slightly Superior!'

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Laugh? I nearly shat.

That was pure dead brilliant...

They actually had that written on the walls of prestwich airport.   Cringe. 

37 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I loved the old come back. 

'Edinburgh Slightly Superior!'

Indeed.  Aye, remember that.

19 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Joe Biden is seemingly staying in the McDonald Hotel at Uphall, Houston House.

Interesting, surprised if so, too.

On Friday, 1.15pm, seen a motorcade on the main dual carriageway through Livingston.

My guess, they were heading to Dalmahoy.

At least 12 police motorbikes along with cars. Was going in opposite direction,  all to quick to take it in.

But all bigwigs are in Rome just now, no?

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Does he know that?

Nope, they told him he was staying at O'Mara's Real Irish Inn, just outside of Donegal.

Anything to keep Irish Joe happy, besides you know what Americans are like when it comes to geography.

He'll never know or remember.  :laugh:

My run with Royal Mail is in Glasgow, close to the city centre ends in Bishopbriggs after a short stop in the west end, think it could be a tad busy down Crow Road ect looks like they will be shoving everyone down the Clyde tunnel, feeling I'm in for a long shift.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, coconut doug said:

She is anything but stupid. She has a fantastic command of a non native language and is able to articulate complex ideas to international audiences because of it. This contrasts with our PM who struggles to make coherent points in his native language.

From what i saw Greta was explaining that the UK's claim that they had done more than any other nation to combat climate change was hypocritical because currently they were not accurately measuring emissions and because the problems created by burning fossil fuels are cumulative. She emphasisied that Britain had been the first country to burn fossil fuels in large quantities and so had a greater responsibility to do something about it. Nothing about the UK having the temerity to have the industrial revolution.

Calling her a stupid wee lassie is pathetic on so many levels. Unless of course you can show us some quotes where she said what you claim she said or maybe even find a quote which is actually stupid. Making things up doesn't count.

On the other hand our highly respected Pm said only 4 years ago that  concerns about global warming causing rising temperatures were a “primitive fear”. He also said that fear was  as far as I understand the science –  equally without foundation,”

He is an idiot kept in power by vested interests and their propaganda and she tells it like it is.

Well that's quite the fan boy spiel there. If she's so smart where are her solutions? It's easy to read the script verbatim pre-prepared by her handlers. I suppose you're in her thrall due to the fact she continually blames the UK and of course by definition Westminster which no doubt suits your agenda down to the ground. 

manaliveits105
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Laugh? I nearly shat.

Which inferred the rest of Scotland had no style !!

have you seen the nick of their provosts over the years 

and weegies think style is dressing head to toe in black 

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Which inferred the rest of Scotland had no style !!

have you seen the nick of their provosts over the years 

and weegies think style is dressing head to toe in black 

Don’t forget the obligatory crease down the front of their jeans for anyone 50+

12 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well that's quite the fan boy spiel there. If she's so smart where are her solutions? It's easy to read the script verbatim pre-prepared by her handlers. I suppose you're in her thrall due to the fact she continually blames the UK and of course by definition Westminster which no doubt suits your agenda down to the ground. 

What is it about some guys and intelligent girls. Have to try and bring them down due to their insecurities I suppose. She has a go at all governments, including the SG recently which I thought you would love. One thing she certainly is not is stupid

Some big polluters not engaging. China and Turkey amongst them. 
We are farting against the wind if these countries are ignoring it in any meaningful way. 

However, hopes for the UN event have suffered more blows, as it emerged that China's president Xi Jinpingwill not even give a 'virtual' speech, instead only submitting a written statement.

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has also announced he will not be coming, despite attending the G20. Russia's Vladimir Putin and Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro, both in charge of big polluters, have declined to attend. 

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, Beni said:

Jon Snow over-egging the pudding a wee bit. :facepalm: 

Screenshot_20211101-102049~2.png

Is that journalism as propaganda or vice versa? 

High winds and trees have of course never affected trains before. 

Climate change is obviously a huge issue but the level of ignorance about it is astonishing. A newspaper poll in the UK found that, asked who were the biggest contributors China and India came top but the UK fourth ahead of Russia, the USA, Brazil etc. Germany and France came nowhere. Maybe this goes back to Thunberg's complaint about the UK inventing the industrial revolution. And helps explain the Insulate Britain's idiots who think that insulating housing in the UK is some sort of priority in addressing climate change, 

The Mighty Thor

Just seen a video of Biden's motorcade leaving Edinburgh Airport. 

Greta will have a fit 😂

Dozens of vehicles and a military helicopter overhead 😂

The comment's to her tweet are pretty savage.  " you making the tea?" 

Edited by JamesM48

Seymour M Hersh
57 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What is it about some guys and intelligent girls. Have to try and bring them down due to their insecurities I suppose. She has a go at all governments, including the SG recently which I thought you would love. One thing she certainly is not is stupid

What's intelligent about her? Never finished school, no degree, no scientific expertise but you think she's some sort of genius. What will be interesting is when we eventually find out who exactly she is a shill for. 

13 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There are no shortages as far as potential solutions are concerned. Every school pupil knows what could be done. The problem is getting governments to implement them. Greta has done a marvellous job in applying pressure to governments all over the world. Even Boris is pretending he understands the science supports her aims.

I see you still can't produce anything that the "silly wee lassie" said that was actually silly. Her reference to the Uk was to do with historical fossil fuel use. Her statement was factual and blame free. This point was not relevant to what happens in Westminster today either, other than to remind those claiming that the UK is a world leader in climate change reduction that they have some responsibility for what happened in the past as well. 

If i had been advising her i would also have pointed out that one of the main reasons emmissions have fallen in Scotland and the Uk is because we no longer have the heavy industries that used to produce them and not because of some affirmative action by environmentally aware governments. I would have thought though that Greta was attacking the virtue signalling of politicians everywhere and trying to show them up for the duplicitous hypocrites so many of them are. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

There are no shortages as far as potential solutions are concerned. Every school pupil knows what could be done. The problem is getting governments to implement them. Greta has done a marvellous job in applying pressure to governments all over the world. Even Boris is pretending he understands the science supports her aims.

I see you still can't produce anything that the "silly wee lassie" said that was actually silly. Her reference to the Uk was to do with historical fossil fuel use. Her statement was factual and blame free. This point was not relevant to what happens in Westminster today either, other than to remind those claiming that the UK is a world leader in climate change reduction that they have some responsibility for what happened in the past as well. 

If i had been advising her i would also have pointed out that one of the main reasons emmissions have fallen in Scotland and the Uk is because we no longer have the heavy industries that used to produce them and not because of some affirmative action by environmentally aware governments. I would have thought though that Greta was attacking the virtue signalling of politicians everywhere and trying to show them up for the duplicitous hypocrites so many of them are. 

Keep fawning over her why don't you. I choose not to. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Keep fawning over her why don't you. I choose not to. 

Is that because shes a female or because of her age? 

43 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Greta will have a fit 😂

The irony is off the scale.

Listening to the Bill Maher's 'Real Time' podcast last night I'm sure I caught a comment about how the vast majority of US citizens though climate change was a major issue that needed urgently addressed but that they in aggregate they would only be prepared to pay $100 a year each to fix it. Unfortunately I fear this is the impasse we are about to reach, everyone is looking at everyone else to pick up the tab.

34 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What will be interesting is when we eventually find out who exactly she is a shill for. 

Given she has pointed out a legacy issue for the UK the obvious choice would be the IRA. Probably only a matter of time before we see her face on a Green Brigade banner at Parkhead and she gets her own column in The view.

Could still be the Russians though - she does look a bit slavic to me.

Passed the Novotel at Lauriston yesterday and today. On both days there was a long line of about 10 huge Mercedes plus 3 or 4 Transit sized people carriers outside the hotel. All destined to drive to GW - how green is that?

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Looks like a crèche. 

or one of the " squid games"? Please let it be that..

46 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's intelligent about her? Never finished school, no degree, no scientific expertise but you think she's some sort of genius. What will be interesting is when we eventually find out who exactly she is a shill for. 

You can be intelligent and have no formal qualifications you know. 

manaliveits105
56 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The comment's to her tweet are pretty savage.  " you making the tea?" 

Is she walking about outside COP26 hoping someone says ach just come in or is she still stalking Greta ?

57 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Greta will have a fit 😂

Was waiting at the Maybury junction this morning heading to work, The police were about to close off all roads I just managed to get through I passed about 15 motorbikes going towards Edinburgh then about 8 black cars followed by 3 ambulances and another half dozen police bikes. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

You can be intelligent and have no formal qualifications you know. 

Indeed you can but enough to lecture the world on such scientific matters? 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Given she has pointed out a legacy issue for the UK the obvious choice would be the IRA. Probably only a matter of time before we see her face on a Green Brigade banner at Parkhead and she gets her own column in The view.

Could still be the Russians though - she does look a bit slavic to me.

You don't seriously believe she's coming out with all this stuff off her own bat do you? Paying for it all herself? You know like the luxury yacht she took across the Atlantic the other year? The one where they flew two separate crews to man it to the US. 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Indeed you can but enough to lecture the world on such scientific matters? 

I dont know much about her to be honest but i think she seemed fairly clued up about the climate. Seems to a passion of hers and in fact many young people nowadays which is great. I recall as a teenager i was more worried if the coal man hadn't been as we would have no coal to burn in the frozen winter ;) ( still cant beat a real coal fire)

24 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Neither. Poor attempt. 

Just you called her ‘a stupid wee lassie’. Why bring her sex into it?  

You come across as one of those old fat men that are scared of females. 

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You don't seriously believe she's coming out with all this stuff off her own bat do you? Paying for it all herself? You know like the luxury yacht she took across the Atlantic the other year? The one where they flew two separate crews to man it to the US. 

*luxury 

Thunberg refuses to fly because of the carbon emissions of the airline industry[1] and the trip was announced as carbon neutral. As a racing sailboat, the Malizia II has no toilet, fixed shower, cooking facilities or proper beds.

7 minutes ago, Beni said:

*luxury 

Thunberg refuses to fly because of the carbon emissions of the airline industry[1] and the trip was announced as carbon neutral. As a racing sailboat, the Malizia II has no toilet, fixed shower, cooking facilities or proper beds.

probably ran out of budget when they hit the €4m mark, in fairness the clue as to why that stuff isn't there is in the racing bit... 

https://news.sky.com/story/greta-thunberg-is-her-transatlantic-trip-really-that-green-11784480#:~:text=Malizia told Sky News that,m)%2C according to RT.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What a sad post

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:cornette_dog:

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Greta will have a fit 😂

It’s absolutely outrageous they get away with this but, who’s going to stop them.

The circus starts long before airforce one lands.  Marine one (the helicopter) usually gets lifted on one of the USAF super lifters except there is often more than one helicopter lifted so the yanks can bluff a bit of deception on which one the president is actually flying in. Then add in those huge black sedans that all drive about 3 inches apart (love to see the front one applying the brakes in an emergency) next come the men in black….about a battalions worth I’d imaging.  I’d have no idea of the numbers/cost involved but I’d be surprised if it’s any less than 3 aircraft and 200 bods.  

I think the yanks still have a huge airforce base just outside Cambridge so, all their covert stuff and military aircraft can fly in without looking to conspicuous.