***Official Heart of Midlothian v Livingston fc match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There are eleven football players in a team and on the park at once, any of them can score a goal under the rules of association football, regardless of the position they are playing.

oh right . thanks for that never knew that

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

oh right . thanks for that never knew that

I know you didn't. That's why I quoted your post.

16 minutes ago, JamboZeus said:

BBC match report has it as "Michael Smith popped up in the box to turn in Harry Cochrane's knock-back midway through the first half." before giving the man of the match to Alex Cochrane. 😆

And they've now changed it. At least they saw it quick this time.

'Man of the match - Winger Alex Cochrane'

So, so shite

3 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Playing the way we did without Souter was particularly pleasing.

I genuinely forgot about Souttar :lol:

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, JamboZeus said:

BBC match report has it as "Michael Smith popped up in the box to turn in Harry Cochrane's knock-back midway through the first half." before giving the man of the match to Alex Cochrane. 😆

And they've now changed it. At least they saw it quick this time.

They also called Cochrane a winger

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There are eleven football players in a team and on the park at once, any of them can score a goal under the rules of association football, regardless of the position they are playing.

Both WBs scoring is exactly what you want when playing that system, especially Cochranes - that was a classic WB goal.

5 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Playing the way we did without Souter was particularly pleasing.

Shows the strength of the squad we've assembled, also the fact that Haring and GMS were on the bench, when previously they would have been almost certain starters if fit.

The quality throughout the team in terms of players comfortable on the ball is as high as it’s been for years. 

All of them, even the three st the back can take and give the ball. 

the fear going into this game was Livvy would sit and make it hard for us to break them down but we moved the ball well and had the quality to create opportunities. 

Add in the fact Souttar and Gino were injured and we had Gnando, Walker, Haring, GMS, Walker and McEneff on the bench and it is an incredibly strong squad. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Both WBs scoring is exactly what you want when playing that system, especially Cochranes - that was a classic WB goal.

Spot on, wing backs are so important to this system. 

Anyone who saw the Chelsea Tottenham game last week will have seen that. 

We questioned whether they would give us enough going forward. Well Smith and Cochrane answered today.  I also love when Kingsley makes the overlap on Cochrane and when McKay goes to the line and Smith moves inside. 

My only tiny complaint would be Cochrane should mix it up a little and try and take his marker to the bye line for a cross now and again. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

:yas::locke:

Well done Hearts and the bobmeister!! Great start to the season.

special mention to Cammy devlin who was outstanding.

🤣🤣🤣😂

👍

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Listening to sportsound - can almost taste Jakey McPakey salty tears, red card for his troubles too...

Tbh, I'd rather they had won or drawn- we'd be top tonight. 

2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Add in the fact Souttar and Gino were injured and we had Gnando, Walker, Haring, GMS, Walker and McEneff on the bench and it is an incredibly strong squad

Have we signed Walker's Rangers supporting stunt double with the funny earlobes?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, hearts00 said:

Spot on, wing backs are so important to this system. 

Anyone who saw the Chelsea Tottenham game last week will have seen that. 

We questioned whether they would give us enough going forward. Well Smith and Cochrane answered today.  I also love when Kingsley makes the overlap on Cochrane and when McKay goes to the line and Smith moves inside. 

My only tiny complaint would be Cochrane should mix it up a little and try and take his marker to the bye line for a cross now and again. 

I know what you're saying but for me Cochrane still seems like a defender who's still figuring out the WB role. I really like him. Goes about his work quietly and efficiently. You could see how chuffed he was with the goal and his team-mates. Thought Moore was very good too. Pinged some nice Souttar-esque long balls.

24 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Could you post this again in English?

I think he's referring to Ian Black on Hearts tv and the fact that he was continually rubbing his cock/balls for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Well done Hearts. After a long drive up from Pompey, you made it a good weekend. 

You should be MOM after that drive.   Very impressive! :bravo:

Great result and performance.

Not a fan of the 7 defensive minded players starting but it worked for us today so credit to Neilson and his team for that.

More like it please.

No passengers today.

Well done all.

Edited by Gambo

Thought Halkett had his best game for a long time today ,Devlin and Beni very good in the middle 

Would still like to see people running beyond Boycie and we were a little laboured before the goal 

All in all very comfortable afternoon and good to finally stick one up them 

21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

When I get home I will have a look in here again. 

I suspect there will be a few missing from here after a performance like that.

Tough shit, suckers.

Well said jonno 🥳

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Oneneilberry said:

Thought Halkett had his best game for a long time today ,Devlin and Beni very good in the middle 

Would still like to see people running beyond Boycie and we were a little laboured before the goal 

All in all very comfortable afternoon and good to finally stick one up them 

Another striker would complete the squad I think, although you have to wonder if Woodburn could play striker. I also wonder what happened to Pollock as another option - injured?

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Not a fan of the 7 defensive minded players starting but it worked for us today so credit to Neilson and his team for that.

More like it please.

No passengers today.

Well done all.

Halkett was the only defensive minded player on the pitch 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I know what you're saying but for me Cochrane still seems like a defender who's still figuring out the WB role. I really like him. Goes about his work quietly and efficiently. You could see how chuffed he was with the goal and his team-mates. Thought Moore was very good too. Pinged some nice Souttar-esque long balls.

Moore tremendous today. Especially liked when he broke the lines on the first half with powerful dribbling. 

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you agree, it wasn't a must win if we have aspirations of third. 

I'd replied to folk that called the game today- a must win.  It wasn't. 

We taken the bus route, but we got there. We'll done. 

Thankfully we won. 

More points the better. 

Your being obtuse now. Games LIKE that in GENERAL are must win if we have aspirations of 3rd. Today was a game of a type we MUST win to finish 3rd. You surely can’t disagree with that huh ?

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Been in Peebles today 

What’s up with Soapy?

Precautionary, (head?) injury in training Thursday. Expected straight back.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

More like it please.

No passengers today.

Well done all.

Our 2 central midfielders both played attacking roles today. They haven’t always been used that far forward but the system was applied exactly as it should be when you have 3 at the back

Stunned by the quality of the performance of Omeonga, relentlessly bummed up by the media because he played for Hibs. World class.

7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

You should be MOM after that drive.   Very impressive! :bravo:

Some of us did it almost every week, even for midweek away games at Dundee. 

Anyone that makes that drive should be applauded very much.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Our 2 central midfielders both played attacking roles today. They haven’t always been used that far forward but the system was applied exactly as it should be when you have 3 at the back

Devlin challenged in the box,  the ball breaks to Beni who then wins the penalty.   We're good at putting labels on footballers but both cover a lot of ground and clearly aren't simply DM's.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Stunned by the quality of the performance of Omeonga, relentlessly bummed up by the media because he played for Hibs. World class.

Should of had an early bath for a second yellow

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Your being obtuse now. Games LIKE that in GENERAL are must win if we have aspirations of 3rd. Today was a game of a type we MUST win to finish 3rd. You surely can’t disagree with that huh ?

I'm bored now. 

Folk called this particular game a must win-it wasn't. Never was. 

In general we'll need to pick up more points than the teams 4th to 12th to finish 3rd and yes that will involve winning games-well done you. 

But this particular game was not a must win. 

Great performance, especially the first half. Good passing, composure on the ball, fantastic stuff. Special mention for Beni, Devlin and Mckay 👏 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Some of us did it almost every week, even for midweek away games at Dundee. 

Anyone that makes that drive should be applauded very much.

I live in Berkshire and for various reasons simply don't get to Tynie enough,   putting me to shame!   Really miss it though and need to do better!

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Michael Smith was great today and much improved.  

I suspect his injury / fitness was the main factor behind his recent displays. 

Well done Michael.

It’s great when you get a team performance like that. Yes some were more influential than others but there wasn’t any players you could put a mark against. Great stuff. Best performance for a long time IMO and this team has gelled straight off the bat. More please.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Michael Smith was great today and much improved.  

I suspect his injury / fitness was the main factor behind his recent displays. 

Well done Michael.

Smith is always decent or good imo. 

Criticism way over the top. 

He'll be back to be needing replaced and shite next week tho. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Smith is always decent or good imo. 

Criticism way over the top. 

He'll be back to be needing replaced and shite next week tho. 

He was outstanding today. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

He was outstanding today. 

He's a good player. 

Technically good, defensively sound and generally a good player. 

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Devlin challenged in the box,  the ball breaks to Beni who then wins the penalty.   We're good at putting labels on footballers but both cover a lot of ground and clearly aren't simply DM's.

It’s all about trusting your back 3 to deal with stuff. That releases your midfield 2 to go and play. Our back 3 today were brilliant.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm bored now. 

Folk called this particular game a must win-it wasn't. Never was. 

In general we'll need to pick up more points than the teams 4th to 12th to finish 3rd and yes that will involve winning games-well done you. 

But this particular game was not a must win. 

I'm with you on the 'must win' language - suggests we lose this game and we will struggle to achieve 3rd.   Agree with the sentiment from other posters,  who I think are really  saying this result would be indicative of how the season will pan out,  but a 'must win' game seems a bit much.   Long way to go.   That said,  winning this game does help create momentum and confidence that will help.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Only by the thickos, mate, when they re-emerge from under their rocks.

Aye. 

Certain posters who are very active during poor results do tend to **** off when we get a good result!