***Official Heart of Midlothian v Livingston fc match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

best in the land

Just home after the game and not enjoyed a game as much for a long time. 

We totally dominated the game so many good performances and a brilliant one from cammy devlin who i thought was the star of the show. 

The guy was everywhere from first minute to last full of energy, going to be a big player if he can keep it up and against the bigger teams. 

Only negative is we still need another striker to compete with and come on for boyce, i just don't see it in nando. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct

Which is why we brought them in. Scottish midfielders generally don’t play like that.

Guys like Beni and Cammy can defend and drive play forward.

EPL standard midfielders IMO rather than the usual Scottish clodhopper “DMs”

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

I am 65 and watched Hearts all my life. I admit to being a 'happy clapper' (loyal fan who lived through some desperate times). Today was so enjoyable, total football and great determination. I cant wait till next Saturday!

Really happy with today’s performance, you could count on one hand the amount of misplaced passes.

There was real quality evident from all of our players and special mentions must go to Devlin,  Moore and McKay. 
Same again next week please guys.

Kudos to Robbie and the back room boys as well! HHGH🤔❤️

Broxburn Jambo

I have supported Hearts for almost 60 years, and i have seen a lot of poor games.

But when I see performances like that 

all I can say is THANKS HEARTS

On 24/09/2021 at 13:53, Led Tasso said:

Not going to make a prediction but this is a turning point game. We've had a run of draws where we were the better team but couldn't break through. That's not bad for a short run -- football is a funny game and those things happen -- but this has to be a "get right" game. If we get the finger out, we could win by several goals and the squad could really come together. Another draw, or worse, a loss, and there's going to be mounting frustration not just from the stands but from within the locker room.

My hope is Devlin can play more of the role that Buaben and Djoum played in Neilson teams, playing as a central midfielder but stepping forward into the attack more. We look really solid in the 3-4-3 but we aren't getting enough goals out of it so far.

Just have to say, yes, thank you Hearts, that was exactly what I had in mind.

42 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Both sides had played neat attacking football without being able to cause any damage. The first shot on target didn't arrive until the 25th minute - but the hosts made sure to make it count."

From the Record.

Sorry, was I in an alternate reality for 24 minutes?

I read that earlier. The same article that keeps referring to ‘yesterday’ even though it’s still today. 

46 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

The only player who didn’t contribute in attack today was Halkett. A complete team performance. 

I thought Craig Gordon was a passenger today, contributed nothing in an attacking sense, and didn't even make a save.  He really has to up his game.

37 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

An interesting point from today.

We can play well from the back without Souttar. We can be solid defensively without him.

I don’t want him to go. But it’s nice to play without him and defend and attack well 

To be honest, I thought Soapy had dyed his hair.

Chuffed to bits with the performance today and still got a smile on my face, couldn't fault a single player and there's plenty more quality in the squad to come in when needed. 

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

630 passes. 85% accuracy.

Livingston 245 passes. 60% accuracy.

You had a busy day. Or you've really big hands...

🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Fair play statto, top counting though 👏

The White Cockade
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Precautionary, (head?) injury in training Thursday. Expected straight back.

Cheers mate 

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

I get my stats, from people who get paid to be statty. The SPFL in this case. 

Anyway, it was only a wee joke my good man.👍🏻

Not problem 😊 man, it was just lovely to see quality football 👍HHGH!

Have to say Livingston were f’n dreadful. I thought they’d sit in but what’s the point when you’re a goal down. Even at 3-0 they parked the bus.

That really makes the result more pleasing as we’ve toiled against stodgy teams.

Very balanced today 

Hope this puts any Martindale good enough for Hearts chat to bed

Edited by Jamhammer

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Have to say Livingston we’re f’n dreadful. I thought they’d sit in but what’s the point when you’re a goal down. Even at 3-0 they parked the bus.

That really makes the result more pleasing as we’ve toiled against stodgy teams.

Very balanced today 

Hope this puts any Martindale hood enough for Hearts chat to bed

They tried to draw us out by defending deep in numbers, creating space for them to breakaway into. I'm very encouraged by how we dealt with that, it's something we've struggled to break down forever.

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

A good day today, total dominance with a couple of lulls, but we never once looked in any bother. Devlin is bonza eh? Moore was great, I like his charges upfield. Woodburn a bit quiet but played Gnando in for what would've been a 4th if the ref hadn't blown up for FT.

Nice to pump a team coached by Imrie and Bartley too, Livi a dirty crew, could be this year's Hamilton?

Bring on Murderwell, I've a feeling they won't sit in as much, could be a ripsnorter next week!

Motherwell grabbing that winner kinda annoyed me - they always seem to be a jammy bunch of twats. I trust we will put them back in their box next week - they won't handle our midfield. 

24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Have to say Livingston were f’n dreadful. I thought they’d sit in but what’s the point when you’re a goal down. Even at 3-0 they parked the bus.

Very balanced today 

Hope this puts any Martindale good enough for Hearts chat to bed

They done the same against the huns midweek. Went a goal down and then just kept defending on numbers. That was in a cup tie that they had zero shots at goal. If Martindale is going to last ‘till Xmas he needs to change things during games. 

4 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Could you post this again in English?

I was drunk at the time

but if you watch the hearts tv after match interview with Ian black he spends the whole interview rubbing his crotch. I kid you not 

9 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

I was drunk at the time

but if you watch the hearts tv after match interview with Ian black he spends the whole interview rubbing his crotch. I kid you not 

I had similar issues keeping my stauner at bay watching that game today. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I had similar issues keeping my stauner at bay watching that game today. 

Myself to🤪

but disconcerting watching blackie do It on live tv. 
I can’t be the only hearts tv viewer who noticed this 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Ffs neilson.  This place will be too harmonious this week and it'll give Smith right back at you months of ammo....

Really enjoyable performance.

We are beginning to click and will play even better 

Hahahahaha definitely his fault, we will  only get better. Might even start calling him Robbie 😱🙄😆😜

portobellojambo1

Enjoyable game, one we fully deserved to win, to keep this good start to the league going. Can't remember Craig Gordon having to make a save at all, thought the back 4 performed really well, we controlled the middle of the park and managed three goals. If I'm honest there was probably about a 10 minute period in the 1st half where I became a little bit frustrated with continual cross field passing as I was more intent on seeing the ball being moved forward more quickly. But there again it is better to be getting frustrated when you are in control of the game rather than getting frustrated when you are behind and chasing a game. Hopefully we can now begin preparations for next week's game versus Motherwell and look to try and secure another three points.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Enjoyable game, one we fully derserved to win, to keep this good start to the league going. Can't remember Craig Gordon having to make a save at all, thought the back 4 performed really well, we controlled the middle of the park and managed three goals. If I'm honest there was probably about a 10 minute period in the 1st half where I became a little bit frustrated with continual cross field passing as I was more intent on seeing the ball being moved forward more quickly. But there again it is better to be getting frustrated when you are in control of the game rather than getting frustrated when you are behind and chasing a game. Hopefully we can now begin preparations for next week's game versus Motherwell and look to try and secure another three points.

Back 4 ? 

Frustration ? Took us 20 minutes to probe and work out where they were weak (wide defensive areas as it turned out). Once we exposed that it was a breeze. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Back 4 ? 

Frustration ? Took us 20 minutes to probe and work out where they were weak (wide defensive areas as it turned out). Once we exposed that it was a breeze. 

I know another poster during the game was going on about a back 4 too… 

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Back 4 ? 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

I know another poster during the game was going on about a back 4 too… 

From where I was sitting it did appear that we had a player in what they call RWB, a position I'd call right back, we had two central defenders and a player at LWB. In my head that equates to a back 4 but I've no idea how it is described at coaching/management level, or anywhere else.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

From where I was sitting it did appear that we had a player in what they call RWB, a position I'd call right back, we had two central defenders and a player at LWB. In my head that equates to a back 4 but I've no idea how it is described at coaching/management level, or anywhere else.

It was 3 at the back with 2 wing backs.  3 at the back when attacking and should become a 5 when we’re defending.  What we’ve been playing pretty much all season.  

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha definitely his fault, we will  only get better. Might even start calling him Robbie 😱🙄😆😜

It'll be a quiet week on here now.  God bless the shed...

Great game and performance.   As someone said, it feels like fun watching us again.  

We now have players we are excited about again and it's great.  Hibs luckily us a couple of weeks early. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you agree, it wasn't a must win if we have aspirations of third. 

I'd replied to folk that called the game today- a must win.  It wasn't. 

We taken the bus route, but we got there. We'll done. 

Thankfully we won. 

More points the better. 

You're a strange man, Tosh 

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

I thought Craig Gordon was a passenger today, contributed nothing in an attacking sense, and didn't even make a save.  He really has to up his game.

That's not really his fault though, Negative Neilson has clearly instructed him not to cross the halfway line!

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Although he did do a tremendous quick, long throw out straight to Woodburn 1st half,   should have been a real opportunity but Woodburn didn’t take advantage.    Appreciate your post is tongue in cheek but reminded me of Gordon’s quick thinking there 👍

scott herbertson
12 hours ago, Jamiemac said:

ROBBIE NEILSON POST MATCH: 

https://t.co/TR01T0LKUd 

Plenty of praise for Devlin, injury updates on Halkett, soapy and Gino, reflects on the victory and looks ahead to Motherwell. 

Reads appreciated

Very good - enjoyed that

One wee quibble - the headline on the other article name checks Devlin but the article itself doesn't feature him at all

https://enrgsport.net/2021/09/25/devlin-impresses-on-home-debut-as-hearts-ease-past-livingston/

ScandinavianJambo
13 hours ago, Jamiemac said:

ROBBIE NEILSON POST MATCH: 

https://t.co/TR01T0LKUd 

Plenty of praise for Devlin, injury updates on Halkett, soapy and Gino, reflects on the victory and looks ahead to Motherwell. 

Reads appreciated

Your articles from yesterday's game came up on my feed! As always, great read. Thank you sir! 

7 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

You're a strange man, Tosh 

The only man on the board who would have had no concerns or questions if we had lost yesterday 

...andFulton'sBaggio
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The only man on the board who would have had no concerns or questions if we had lost yesterday 

Ha ha, yeah. A true contrarian!

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

It'll be a quiet week on here now.  God bless the shed...

Great game and performance.   As someone said, it feels like fun watching us again.  

We now have players we are excited about again and it's great.  Hibs luckily us a couple of weeks early. 

Yeah I was a bit disappointed with the Ryder Cup and our performance really cheered me up. 
Someone is going to get a doing off us, Hibs and Aberdeen definitely got us at the right time. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I was a bit disappointed with the Ryder Cup and our performance really cheered me up. 
Someone is going to get a doing off us, Hibs and Aberdeen definitely got us at the right time. 

Definitely getting something right just now.  It's even cheered you up...

Take that in the lighthearted way intended...ya grumpy.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Definitely getting something right just now.  It's even cheered you up...

Take that in the lighthearted way intended...ya grumpy.

Always 🤣

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Always 🤣

Give it time...

Two other jambos sparring on the telly just now... 

Martin Geisler interviewing Neil Murray on the sunday show.  Murray with maroon tie on.