***Official Heart of Midlothian v Livingston fc match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

A_A wehatethehibs

One thing I am suspecting tomorrow though which will divide opinions. I think we will see Halliday back in the starting 11. Just got a feeling.

He started all 3 of our wins, and was out the team for the last 2 draws.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

2 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Must win game 🙃 this place is beyond parody at times.  It's must win if we are to go a full season unbeaten in the league. Any other way of.looking at it, it clearly is not.

No wonder people will be frothing at the mouth if we don't win 4-0. Chill out lads

Must win or draw for that!

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

he certainly has had time off with injury(s) with - around 3 months - but nothing out of the ordinary before - I remember him being a tad peeved about this (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/josh-ginnelly-hits-back-injury-prone-jibes-hearts-winger-thanks-tynecastle-support-3118782)

as long as he can look after those hamstrings we'll hopefully see more of him

Hopefully.

54 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'd love to walk away from Tynecastle back to the car tomorrow knowing we have hammered them 5-0 6-0 someone is due a hammering and I really hope it's them and their daft looking manager. 

Whats the team news for tomorrow is Smith back or still injured? 

Hoping GMS is dropped tomorrow. 

A few teams should have had a proper thumping from us by now. We just need to get more goals during our dominant spells. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

One thing I am suspecting tomorrow though which will divide opinions. I think we will see Halliday back in the starting 11. Just got a feeling.

Hopefully not and it's back to Haring and Beni in midfield. Beni on his own had to do too much work. What I like about the two DMs is one can win the ball, retain possession and always has the support of the other nearby to do a quick short pass and the other DM can then start a move from deep or continuing retaining possession and give it to Souttar or a wide player to start something. Although Halliday has goals in him I just think Haring is better at that. They really clicked as a pair against D Utd and were the key to us controlling that game. I also like Devlin as a more dynamic version of Haring though, although early days with him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hopefully not and it's back to Haring and Beni in midfield. Beni on his own had to do too much work. What I like about the two DMs is one can win the ball, retain possession and always has the support of the other nearby to do a quick short pass and the other DM can then start a move from deep or continuing retaining possession and give it to Souttar or a wide player to start something. Although Halliday has goals in him I just think Haring is better at that. They really clicked as a pair against D Utd and were the key to us controlling that game. I also like Devlin as a more dynamic version of Haring though, although early days with him.

No issue at all with Haring and Beni. But by all accounts, Devlin did well on Saturday and I fancy him to start alongside Beni tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

No issue at all with Haring and Beni. But by all accounts, Devlin did well on Saturday and I fancy him to start alongside Beni tomorrow.

He done ok. Certainly looked a live wire. I’m not trying to put a dampener on this but the plaudits on here were a bit overboard. 

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Penny for an Aberdeen fans' thoughts, on teams under "massive pressure." 

Glass was a strange appointment. All the "project" and "building something special" and "doing things differently" chat coming out of Aberdeen is very reminiscent of what we've heard in recent years. We seemed to have a defined plan for coaches succession etc and a DoF-HC setup with a young HC (until we abandoned that) but it's not clear exactly what is so different and revolutionary about what Aberdeen are doing. They just seem to be going back to what they were before Rangers then us imploded - one of 3-4 clubs chasing 3rd place and Europe every season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Devlin's quote on the club's social media today is "hopefully I get on either from the start or off the bench". My instinct from that is that he expects to be a sub.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

If we have aspirations to finish in the top 3 then beating the likes of Livy can be termed a must win type of game.

If we don’t who the feck is suggesting we Chuck the next 30 games - pure drivel from you Tosh!

Correct. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Their next 5 will see: OF, Hibs, Dundee & St. Mirren away on Saturday.

We take maximum in these next two, and they fail to get maximum against Dundee & St. Mirren (who they've struggled a bit with, despite their top 3's) and Glass is in bother. 

Us & Hibs could stretch a gap they'll struggle to claw back possibly, even this early in the season. There's already chat to remove him.

Six...as we're last up.

Be smashing if that plays out. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He done ok. Certainly looked a live wire. I’m not trying to put a dampener on this but the plaudits on here were a bit overboard. 

I only saw the highlights but all I saw of him was two mishit passes, luckily both ended up at a hearts player and looked like good play! Hope he features tomorrow so we can see what he's got.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

His reputation will certainly be stained if they don't win soon

Dunno, some chairman just glaze over any mishaps. 

Livi will run all day, kick lumps out of anything that moves and Martindale will shout and scream all game long all in all a horrible team who I wish would gtf out this league.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

If we have aspirations to finish in the top 3 then beating the likes of Livy can be termed a must win type of game.

If we don’t who the feck is suggesting we Chuck the next 30 games - pure drivel from you Tosh!

It can be, but it's not. 

I could call a bus a sponge, but it's still a bus. 

It's not a must win game if we have aspirations of finishing 3rd or 1st.

We could get beat 10-0 and still finish 3rd. It's simply not a must win game. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No u won't

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Must win is always a bit melodramatic but the next 2 do define where you are at right now. 

If you don't win both after dropping points to Ross County it's not really stating a case for being stronger than the other 9

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It can be, but it's not. 

I could call a bus a sponge, but it's still a bus. 

It's not a must win game if we have aspirations of finishing 3rd or 1st.

We could get beat 10-0 and still finish 3rd. It's simply not a must win game. 

But are we going to say that every week?   Must win can be a bit vague.  I’d say it’s more about how people view the opposition and where we are as a team. 

Week after week we heard it wasn’t a “must win” game under Levein, then McPhee, as the team couldn’t buy a win. I think it’s a bad mental trap to get into.  

Every game is a building block to getting into the top 3. I like the noises from Neilson when he says he expects 2 victories. It’s a pity many of his supporters don’t show the same belief and desire.  

As long as it doesn’t cross over the line into arrogance, I hope this is the mentality being bred into the team as every week passes. Every game should be trained and played for as “must win”.   We’ve been too soft for too long. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
31 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I only saw the highlights but all I saw of him was two mishit passes, luckily both ended up at a hearts player and looked like good play! Hope he features tomorrow so we can see what he's got.

Highlights can be deceptive. We had started looking a bit disjointed but he turned the game back in our favour when he came on. Very impressive debut.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But are we going to say that every week?   Must win can be a bit vague.  I’d say it’s more about how people view the opposition and where we are as a team. 

Week after week we heard it wasn’t a “must win” game under Levein, then McPhee, as the team couldn’t buy a win. I think it’s a bad mental trap to get into.  

Every game is a building block to getting into the top 3. I like the noises from Neilson when he says he expects 2 victories. It’s a pity many of his supporters don’t show the same belief and desire.  

As long as it doesn’t cross over the line into arrogance, I hope this is the mentality being bred into the team as every week passes. Every game should be trained and played for as “must win”.   We’ve been too soft for too long. 

Agree with sentiment, but it's not a must win game for third. 

And just FYI for the "must win" gang if we are to finish 3rd-

Liv beat the shite 3-0 last season. 

Hibs finished 3rd. 

Folk can untwist thier frillies if we get beat. 

3rd place is up for grabs whether we win lose or draw. 

...andFulton'sBaggio

I'd love to win every game, but football's football and we won't. Nobody will. It's close margins at times, inches even, but what matters us that over the course of the season is we should be doing well with this squad. Third's a good year, second would be pretty exceptional, and maybe, just maybe, if the uglies are both shite... Who knows?

Having said all of that, c'mon Hearts, let's pump these pr*cks 5 - 0 tomorrow. Its about time!

We should be expecting to beat teams like livi at home more often than not. 

Hoping we have a right good go at them, get an early goal and a comfortable win in the end. 3-0 hearts. Boyce, Woodburn and a souttar header!

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Highlights can be deceptive. We had started looking a bit disjointed but he turned the game back in our favour when he came on. Very impressive debut.

Good to hear, he looked eager to drive at county. 

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That's how I seen it. I thought it was a very decent 25 mins or so from him.

Not going to make a prediction but this is a turning point game. We've had a run of draws where we were the better team but couldn't break through. That's not bad for a short run -- football is a funny game and those things happen -- but this has to be a "get right" game. If we get the finger out, we could win by several goals and the squad could really come together. Another draw, or worse, a loss, and there's going to be mounting frustration not just from the stands but from within the locker room.

My hope is Devlin can play more of the role that Buaben and Djoum played in Neilson teams, playing as a central midfielder but stepping forward into the attack more. We look really solid in the 3-4-3 but we aren't getting enough goals out of it so far.

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

It is a must win game if I’m not to be mightily miffed tomorrow night. 

Not a must win game in the sence that we're screwed if we lose but if we've any asparations for 3rd this season we have to pick up full points at home against teams below us in the league, starting tomorrow.

I'd expect us to win this comfortably at home (away at Almondvale's shitty pitch is a different game). 2-0 Hearts, hopefully we will see, 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Cochrane 

Smith                            Kingsley 

Baningime Haring 

Woodburn                       McKay

Boyce

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The results are what I’m looking at. Halliday in the team = 3 wins and a draw. 7 wins, a draw and a loss in all comps. Halliday out the team = no wins 2 draws. I am not some massive fan of his but feel he is a bit underrated by Hearts fans in terms of his mentality for us and there’s certain games where he’ll be useful. Folk slate him as one of the worst ever but he’s nowhere near that, an experienced SPL scrapper is what he is, and a fit guy. No he’s not colin Cameron or Hartley not everyone can be, but he pulls his weight and he has a good work rate and can chip in both defensive and offensive. Haring offers absolutely nothing in the final 3rd. We’ll see tomorrow, just a feeling, and expect the usual suspects to be bleating and moaning if he is in.

portobellojambo1

I'm hoping for a win tomorrow, just to keep us ticking over towards the top of the league. Love to see us win by a few goals but come the final whistle if it something like a 1-0, 2-1 win that will do nicely.

...andFulton'sBaggio
37 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The results are what I’m looking at. Halliday in the team = 3 wins and a draw. 7 wins, a draw and a loss in all comps. Halliday out the team = no wins 2 draws. I am not some massive fan of his but feel he is a bit underrated by Hearts fans in terms of his mentality for us and there’s certain games where he’ll be useful. Folk slate him as one of the worst ever but he’s nowhere near that, an experienced SPL scrapper is what he is, and a fit guy. No he’s not colin Cameron or Hartley not everyone can be, but he pulls his weight and he has a good work rate and can chip in both defensive and offensive. Haring offers absolutely nothing in the final 3rd. We’ll see tomorrow, just a feeling, and expect the usual suspects to be bleating and moaning if he is in.

It's funny cos Haring used to offer some incisive passes in the final third and even a goal threat pre-injury. I'm hoping that starts to click again for him soon.

Agree on Halliday, he is a very useful player and a winner. A great 'opshun' to have.

Edited by ...andFulton'sBaggio
Removed annoying smiley

It’s a must win game against a team that pays well less than we do. A draw is not good enough and will be questioned by me after a draw against county (also pay wine gums compared to us)

Got a bad feeling about this one sadly.  It’s the kind of fixture we lose regardless of form.  

1-1 for me, late equaliser from Gnando. 

4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Got a bad feeling about this one sadly.  It’s the kind of fixture we lose regardless of form.  

Many will see this post as defeatist, but frankly it's what we've come to expect.

40 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

You have a bad feeling, and concede that it's a fixture we lose regardless of form, but then predict a draw? :lol:

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Let’s be honest if we are getting anywhere, improving, if things are different now then we must beat bottom 6 teams at home.

If we can’t win nearly every home game in the league nothing really has changed.

Its not about the league for me here it’s about where we are as a team. 

Got to start turning the draws into wins.

We all expect Hearts to win comfortably, but very seldom that happens, especially against the so called weaker teams, so 1-0 Hearts, a scrappy deflected goal, late on.