• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

Jambof3tornado

Cant see it being a goalfest but 1st goal crucial, we score it draws them out onto us, they score 1st its an uphill slog to break them down.

Come on Hearts.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Anybody driving along Gorgie Road, east or West, just a heids up the roadworks at Westfield Road/Street will cause delays.

Yes, came on to report this. Works are from McDonald's to Westfield/Wheatfield. Big delays yesterday so will be a mess today. Buses will be delayed.

3 0 for us, but only if we get a goal in the first 20/30 minutes. Otherwise it will be a slog and I'll take a lucky 90th minute deflection if it means a win

Absolute Scenes

Really need to win this today. After last week slip up and missing out on the chance to move up with other teams dropping points, these are the games we need to be winning

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Nothing less than a win is acceptable today.

You'll need to "accept" the result no matter what it is. 

Just watched the interview with Devlin on Hearts tv - I like his attitude, think he's going to do well for us. Hopefully see him again at some point today even if it's from the bench

Kalamazoo Jambo
16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I love how optimistic these threads are

Only to descend into carnage 

Yep, that’s the best part.

Also, 4-0.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tricky game today but an early onslaught will hopefully bring a goal and make them venture up the pitch a bit. 

Hopefully Woodburn starts closer to Boyce. It’s clear he is a fine striker of the ball.  Total waste if he’s played further back and we don’t get him on the ball around the box.  

I have the fear today. Shite refereeing to ruin our good run or a uncharacteristic Gordon blunder paired with shite finishing from everyone who gets half a chance to score. 0-1

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

Livi won 3-0 at ER Last season. 

Be good to win tho, it will certainly help. 

You’ve lost it if you think we can get away with not winning this kind of match and still get into Europe. By this kind of match we mean home games against bottom 6 teams

We’ll have something like 10 home games against teams who will ultimately finish bottom 6. I’d say we need to win 8 of them minimum

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

His 18/1 is a lot better than the 11/1 bet365 are offering.

Quite surprised at that. I’ve not bet in a long time but I’d have thought that would’ve been 25’s minimum. 

Gordon

Smith Soapy Halkett Kingsley Cochrane 

Beni Devlin

Woodburn Boyce McKay 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Quite surprised at that. I’ve not bet in a long time but I’d have thought that would’ve been 25’s minimum. 

Me too, I was going to do the same bet but wouldn't touch it at 18's never mind the 11's I was getting.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Hopefully Woodburn starts closer to Boyce. It’s clear he is a fine striker of the ball.  Total waste if he’s played further back and we don’t get him on the ball around the box.  

Having watched the game last week they both played behind the striker, I think those two and McKay/GMS will link up well. Today would be a good day for it all to click. 

Fact, everyone raises their game against us, others have shockers against each other but hardly ever against us.

But today as always a new dawn, time for a livy shocker.

20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I have the fear today. Shite refereeing to ruin our good run or a uncharacteristic Gordon blunder paired with shite finishing from everyone who gets half a chance to score. 0-1

FFOKCUF

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’ve lost it if you think we can get away with not winning this kind of match and still get into Europe. By this kind of match we mean home games against bottom 6 teams

We’ll have something like 10 home games against teams who will ultimately finish bottom 6. I’d say we need to win 8 of them minimum

So you do think we can get away with winning this kind of game and still get into Europe?

Just now, DS98 said:

Gordon

Smith Soapy Halkett Kingsley Cochrane 

Beni Devlin

Woodburn Boyce McKay 

That would be a decent enough team but we still need to replace a fullback playing as a central defender at some point, hopefully the January transfer window. Watching every team that's played against us this season the major threats (and some goals) they've posed have came from our defensive left, their attacking right and thankfully Gordon has managed to get the ball away at times pushing it away to his right, saving or getting it over the bar. Finding a natural left-sided centre-half and probably another striker and i'd be more confident of the season as it unfolds. We're doing....okay but could be doing a wee bit better, particularly at home.

I see the team on paper before KO and say to myself "good team should score goals".  Then the game starts and my head drops into my hands.   How does Robbie **** it up?

Edited by Tasavallan

37 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

What if today is one of the two we don't win ? 🤔 

Just like SRB is saying. 

11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I see the team on paper before KO and say to myself "good team should score goals".  Then the game starts and my head drops into my hands.   How does Robbie **** it up?

We've scored 2 in every game except the Derby.  And had  countless chances and saves by in form keepers. Stop talking rubbish. 

Edited by db211833

Devlin from the start today, clearly impressing in training and a good 25 mins or so last week.   Looking forward to seeing him play…have a good feeling about him.  Cmon Hearts,  good performance and result please! 

1 minute ago, db211833 said:

We've scored 2 in every game except the Derby.  And had  countless chances and saves by in form keepers. Stop talking rubbish. 

Like your attitude but we only scored one against Aberdeen

Just now, S Form said:

Like your attitude but we only scored one against Aberdeen

Haha good point! Stand by it though, to suggest somehow Robbie is making us not score goals is just nonsense.

Livi are probably going to park the bus for this one as they always do so our wing backs will be right up the pitch. There’ll be no point putting in high balls as Boyce will be marked by about four blokes in the box

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Livi are probably going to park the bus for this one as they always do so our wing backs will be right up the pitch. There’ll be no point putting in high balls as Boyce will be marked by about four blokes in the box

If they manage to close us out, perhaps having Gnando and Haring on the bench to go physical and balls in box a good option to have

Starting lineup relying on a bit of ind magic or a wee combo from the front 3. They're all good enough that that might happen though

complete control
6 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Have we given Souttar the afternoon off? Away for a birthday day out or something?

na he is injury prone

Interestingly no defenders on the bench (cue jeers of they are all on the pitch) so we clearly have loads of options to change things if no early breakthrough 

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Big miss not having Souttar for a game where the back 3 will be given plenty of the ball.

Yeah! We're really gonna see what Taylor Moore is made of today!

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

That's the front three I wanted to see. Harsh on GMS perhaps, but that's competition for places for you! 

Not harsh in my opinion. Has cost us 6 points in the last 3 games from poor finishing and decision making