***Official Heart of Midlothian v Livingston fc match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

A_A wehatethehibs
9 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

It's funny cos Haring used to offer some incisive passes in the final third and even a goal threat pre-injury. I'm hoping that starts to click again for him soon.

Agree on Halliday, he is a very useful player and a winner. A great 'opshun' to have.

I think a lot of the hate he gets is from people who don’t like his Rangers podcast thing. But I don’t use social media, and therefore I don’t pay much if any attention to things like that. I don’t see the relevance of it. My opinion on him is only based on 1 thing, what happens on the pitch for us. His record as a player for us:

P36 W24 D6 L6 

Obviously it’s team results so not all down to him but I think it’s the mentality thats the point. I never like to refer to someone as a “winner” but it’s just mentality some guys have even when technically they’re not gifted players to compete for a victory. Of the games he’s not played since joining us. 3 draws, and 1 loss to Brora. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• King prawn

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think a lot of the hate he gets is from people who don’t like his Rangers podcast thing. But I don’t use social media, and therefore I don’t pay much if any attention to things like that. I don’t see the relevance of it. My opinion on him is only based on 1 thing, what happens on the pitch for us. His record as a player for us:

P36 W24 D6 L6 

Obviously it’s team results so not all down to him but I think it’s the mentality thats the point. I never like to refer to someone as a “winner” but it’s just mentality some guys have even when technically they’re not gifted players to compete for a victory. Of the games he’s not played since joining us. 3 draws, and 1 loss to Brora. 

He's one of these utility players - not really a standout in any position but can fill in well in a couple.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's one of these utility players - not really a standout in any position but can fill in well in a couple.

I think that’s right.  I also think we have better players in each position Halliday plays in. I hear what @A_A wehatethehibsis saying though. Sometimes somebody is a presence in the side, gees folk up, gives 100 percent and his team mates follow by doing the same. On the other hand, it could just be coincidence that we tend to win when he plays. 

27 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

P36 W24 D6 L6 

There’s no hate from me. I just don’t rate him in the slightest and that comes from his performances on the park. The stats you put up don’t really mean much. If they are accurate then as a team we have only lost 7 games since he joined and he has played in 6 of them. It was always going to be the case that when we brought in better quality players then he became a squad player at best. He doesn’t play unless we have a few injuries.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, DS98 said:

There’s no hate from me. I just don’t rate him in the slightest and that comes from his performances on the park. The stats you put up don’t really mean much. If they are accurate then as a team we have only lost 7 games since he joined and he has played in 6 of them. It was always going to be the case that when we brought in better quality players then he became a squad player at best. He doesn’t play unless we have a few injuries.

Feel free to focus on the 6 losses mate I will point to the 4x that number of victories he has featured in. How many Hearts players have won 4x the number of games they've lost in your memory? 

As I say it's not really about the technical or individually side. Technically Sean Clare, absolutely quality technician and better ball skills and passing than Halliday. But mentally an absolute sap who put in pathetic displays with shoulders slumped any time things didn't go his way. That's what I mean by mentality. Some players have it, others don't. And love him or loathe him Halliday does have that 1 redeeming characteristic. 

Over the season I expect Devlin to rise to prominence but with the pressure we are under to find any way to win today, I think he'll put Halliday in. Obviously, could be wrong it's just my feeling. Devlin does look quality and we know Haring is quality in his role as well (but I personally think better suited to a 4-3-3 with 3 CMs) Today is all about finding a way to win and get the 3 points. We might score 6 or we might score 1, whatever the way, just get them points in the bag today absolutely essential.

Need to come out fired up and get a fast start. 

Make sure we keep a couple of subs for tactical changes and not just play all our cards on like for like subs on the hour. 

would like to see Gnando and Mackay together at some point. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Got a bad feeling about this one sadly.  It’s the kind of fixture we lose regardless of form.  

1-1 for me, late equaliser from Gnando. 

You think we'll lose but get a draw? 

How much bingo you had? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, CMc said:

Need to come out fired up and get a fast start. 

Make sure we keep a couple of subs for tactical changes and not just play all our cards on like for like subs on the hour. 

would like to see Gnando and Mackay together at some point. 

Tbf, 

We could start slow and win. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rmreido said:

Got to start turning the draws into wins.

We all expect Hearts to win comfortably, but very seldom that happens, especially against the so called weaker teams, so 1-0 Hearts, a scrappy deflected goal, late on.

Not many folk on this thread expect Hearts to win comfortably. 

Most predicting 1/2-0 wins. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not many folk on this thread expect Herts to win comfortably. 

Most predicting 1/2-0 wins. 

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

“I’ve got a bad feeling”……….GTF, 4-1 and dominant performance from us

This was great timing 🤣

Edited by AlphonseCapone

19 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Feel free to focus on the 6 losses mate I will point to the 4x that number of victories he has featured in. How many Hearts players have won 4x the number of games they've lost in your memory? 

As I say it's not really about the technical or individually side. Technically Sean Clare, absolutely quality technician and better ball skills and passing than Halliday. But mentally an absolute sap who put in pathetic displays with shoulders slumped any time things didn't go his way. That's what I mean by mentality. Some players have it, others don't. And love him or loathe him Halliday does have that 1 redeeming characteristic. 

Over the season I expect Devlin to rise to prominence but with the pressure we are under to find any way to win today, I think he'll put Halliday in. Obviously, could be wrong it's just my feeling. Devlin does look quality and we know Haring is quality in his role as well (but I personally think better suited to a 4-3-3 with 3 CMs) Today is all about finding a way to win and get the 3 points. We might score 6 or we might score 1, whatever the way, just get them points in the bag today absolutely essential.

I don’t see it. I just see a guy that looks burst after 15 mins and contributes very little. He’s not playing today either.

9 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Got a bad feeling about this one sadly.  It’s the kind of fixture we lose regardless of form.  

1-1 for me, late equaliser from Gnando. 

This would certainly be the case with the Hearts of old but I think we ourselves are a different animal nowadays so definitely looking for the three points.

Today will tell us a lot about our team for sure.

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I don’t see it. I just see a guy that looks burst after 15 mins and contributes very little. He’s not playing today either.

Have to say I think he adds very little indeed. Bit of fight, works hard, but essentially it's all bluster.

We fail to control games (even against shite in the champ, where all those positive stats came from btw). Look at the diff with Beni and Haring against Hibs for example. We bossed CM on AND off the ball. Simply doesn't happen with Halliday in there

Better at lwb but a bit of the Michael Smiths for me, tends to just hit the first rst man alot and good play often ends or slows at him. Not what I want from our wingbacks

Def good guy to have in squad this season, likes, but no way should or will he be integral. 2nd or 3rd choice replacement in his positions

...andFulton'sBaggio

I get why people are saying it's must win today, I really do. If we're gonna have a good season, today's the day to convert this decent start into goals and full points. Momentum is so important and we have to start building it back up again.

Finishing has to be on point, and I agree with Tosh when he says we need to start taking pot shots more often. I'd like to see us doing that early in the match as well, not waiting till the end when there could be an air of desperation about them if we're not ahead. If we start to get on top early doors, start pulling the trigger and testing the keeper. Really important to build pressure.

As for Halliday, he's no world beater and I'm not sure I'd start him today.  But if and when the injuries come, I'd be delighted to see him get on  the park and start hassling and harrying and being all mouthy. Sometimes that's just what we need.

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

The amount of chances we are creating, someone is going to get spanked. A brilliant 5-1 today. 

👍My round………..what are you drinking?

45 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Or players lose form. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd expect us to win this comfortably at home (away at Almondvale's shitty pitch is a different game). 2-0 Hearts, hopefully we will see, 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Cochrane 

Smith                            Kingsley 

Baningime Haring 

Woodburn                       McKay

Boyce

That's the team for me. Absolutely essential that Boyce is willing to play as a no9 in that formation though. I don't mind if he drops deep now and again, but he absolutely must take responsibility and make those near post runs into the 6 yard box. We were sorely lacking that against the sh*te from Leith

...andFulton'sBaggio
3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Morning kickbackers.

By the time we're done with them today, they'll feel like they're Ferranti Thistle again.

4-1

:yas:

That's more like it! I've got a feeling we're gonna click today. It's revenge time.

5-0 Hearts

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This was great timing 🤣

😂😂

Thankfully I said "not many" and not " no one". 

Otherwise I'd have looked daft.... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we want European football we need to be winning these games, especially at home.

Not true. 

Livi won 3-0 at ER Last season. 

Be good to win tho, it will certainly help. 

5 minutes ago, pointon said:

Need a win today or I could see us coming of the rails after a promising start

Agreed by most normal fans, unless you are you know who.

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

Livi won 3-0 at ER Last season. 

Be good to win tho, it will certainly help. 

No games at this stage of tbe season are must win but this is a surely a game we better win?

Don't expect it to be easy today as livi know how to stifle teams, but we have to win this if we want to be at least better than the rest?  

CAMERON DEVLIN INTERVIEW:
https://t.co/YdCXoNOeYQ 

Got a great vibe from this guy, really enthusiastic, has a real passion for the club, his team mates and football in general. 

It’ll be interesting to see if he gets his first start today, as Robbie said when he came on in Dingwall we gained control of the game. 

Should be comfortable today… never is with Hearts though. 

Reads appreciated

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

Got a great vibe from this guy, really enthusiastic, has a real passion for the club, his team mates and football in general. 

It’ll be interesting to see if he gets his first start today, as Robbie said when he came on in Dingwall we gained control of the game. 

Reads appreciated

Playing with one CM is the reason we lost the game.

3 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

Reads appreciated

I think he'll start. Get the feeling Halliday might play instead of Cochrane on the left too.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Felt like a loss. 

I know what you mean. I actually felt the same after Hibs and Aberdeen as well. Seemed like we had the opportunity to win all three but didn't take advantage of our superiority.

They better win . I’m in attendance ! Hate paying to see then lose ! 😎 it’ll be either a tight draw or Hearts will win 3- 0 ! ( im rubbish at predictions) 

Hoping for a good win today, I am going for 3-1 Hearts. 

Just bought a single ticket for a friend that is a non-season ticket holder. 

Was expecting ticket to come through via e-mail but seems that it needs to be picked up from the ticket office nowadays. Not sure why print at home option no longer available ☹️

20 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I know what you mean. I actually felt the same after Hibs and Aberdeen as well. Seemed like we had the opportunity to win all three but didn't take advantage of our superiority.

Having the majority of possession does not transfer into goals as the ball continues to be passed backwards and Boyce paroles the centre circle.   Hopefully Neilson does not tweak last week's starting formation too much.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, flem said:

Hoping for a good win today, I am going for 3-1 Hearts. 

Just bought a single ticket for a friend that is a non-season ticket holder. 

Was expecting ticket to come through via e-mail but seems that it needs to be picked up from the ticket office nowadays. Not sure why print at home option no longer available ☹️

Get there early to avoid a huge queue

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

No games at this stage of tbe season are must win but this is a surely a game we better win?

Don't expect it to be easy today as livi know how to stifle teams, but we have to win this if we want to be at least better than the rest?  

I want us to win every game. 

We should win it, as celtic should have won there last week. 

It's never a must win tho. 

We could lose it and finish 3rd or win it and finish 6th. 

Be good for confidence, momentum and ofc the points. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I want us to win every game. 

We should win it, as celtic should have won there last week. 

It's never a must win tho. 

We could lose it and finish 3rd or win it and finish 6th. 

Be good for confidence, momentum and ofc the points. 

Win games like this and we'll have a decent season as our away performances are a lot better.  

Not expecting it easy as they can be a very difficult side to play against.