Septic

Sertse

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re actually believing that they’re getting £17m for a guy that’s not a guaranteed starter?  Have to hand it to them, their transfer rumours are funny!

Especially with 3 months till then

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• PortyBeach

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Especially with 3 months till then

Yep, absolute shite as usual.  It’s a story from Romania apparently - even the Daily Record saying “it remains to be seen if any truth in it”!

Remember when Barrie MacKay was going to get sold for £6m when Rangers were in the Championship?  Then all the countless silly money offers they’ve supposedly received for Morelos, Kamara, Kent but all still here funnily enough.

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re actually believing that they’re getting £17m for a guy that’s not a guaranteed starter?  Have to hand it to them, their transfer rumours are funny!

asleep at the wheel here - was more focused on their financial plight than the obvious BS right in front of me!!!

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Coming up on my Google feed.

Ibrox News reporting Rangers have agreed with Roma to sell Hagi  for £17m in Jan.

I looked at the calendar and noticed that we are still in September.

Mourinho wants Hagi? smells like BS

On 24/09/2021 at 16:48, ToqueJambo said:

No idea why they didn't strengthen when they were in such a strong position under Rodgers instead of stockpiling money and allowing Rangers to catch them up. They genuinely could have been the dominant force for the next 10 years. The only thing that sort of makes sense is they are worried about massive law suits from all the off field stuff.

You’ve highlighted the key question. If they’d backed Rogers and invested in an already strong squad, winning 10IAR would have surely have been near-guaranteed.

Parting with Rogers and bringing in someone like Lennon with all his baggage simply beggars belief. 
Anyone for a conspiracy theory?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

You’ve highlighted the key question. If they’d backed Rogers and invested in an already strong squad, winning 10IAR would have surely have been near-guaranteed.

Parting with Rogers and bringing in someone like Lennon with all his baggage simply beggars belief. 

Don't think there's much conspiracy. They're getting sued for masses of compensation potentially and their entire defence seems to rest on a team with their name on it being nothing to do with them. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't think there's much conspiracy. They're getting sued for masses of compensation potentially and their entire defence seems to rest on a team with their name on it being nothing to do with them. 

Sued for compensation? What’s that about?

On 24/09/2021 at 17:26, Tommy Brown said:

Coming up on my Google feed.

Ibrox News reporting Rangers have agreed with Roma to sell Hagi  for £17m in Jan.

I looked at the calendar and noticed that we are still in September.

A unicorn just flew past my window. True story.

28 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

celtic boys club child abuse scandal

Right. You might know better than me whether it’s been proven Celtic FC are directly linked with this. In any event, child abuse is abhorrent and those guilty deserve punishment.

Incidentally, the “conspiracy” I was referring to was around why Celtic’s 10IAR bid was so inept. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Right. You might know better than me whether it’s been proven Celtic FC are directly linked with this. In any event, child abuse is abhorrent and those guilty deserve punishment.

Incidentally, the “conspiracy” I was referring to was around why Celtic’s 10IAR bid was so inept. 

Well Septic certainly sent players and Jock Stein to all their dances and award ceremonies. They are connected.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Well Septic certainly sent players and Jock Stein to all their dances and award ceremonies. They are connected.

I think Celtic’s defence is that they are a separate legal entity than Celtic Boys Club so looks like they’re going to hang them out to dry. Will be one for the courts to decide.

Don’t Rangers face similar compensation claims, perhaps on a smaller scale?  And Hibs for that matter?  Seems to have been a lot of cases but I’ve no idea how many are going to court so far.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I’d agree there is a connection between the two bodies certainly (although as “Fozzy” points out they were/are separate entities).

What I was asking was whether it has been/can be established whether Celtic FC are linked to the offences in the sense that they were aware of the abuse but turned a blind eye. 
In the absence of any such linkage being established there will be those who resort to personal inclinations. Inevitably, there will be those who want, or perhaps don’t want, to believe that Celtic FC are culpable.

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry, even if they have to pay compensation , the value put on children’s lives is paltry.

I cannot see the total liability being above the cost of , say, a mediocre centre back .

7 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Sorry, even if they have to pay compensation , the value put on children’s lives is paltry.

I cannot see the total liability being above the cost of , say, a mediocre centre back .

Agreed, but the reputational damage is done and now it is just financial and they are trying to counter that with the lawyers. They'll end up paying more to lawyers than they would've to victims...Celtic fans will forgive them any wrong so they are now just trying to distance themselves as much as possible. Community and morality come second to business.

On 24/09/2021 at 16:48, ToqueJambo said:

No idea why they didn't strengthen when they were in such a strong position under Rodgers instead of stockpiling money and allowing Rangers to catch them up. They genuinely could have been the dominant force for the next 10 years. The only thing that sort of makes sense is they are worried about massive law suits from all the off field stuff.

They're no called the old firm for nothing 

On 24/09/2021 at 17:43, Fozzyonthefence said:

Daily record story  - its as likely as Doig going for five million,  ie total Baws

He might well go to Roma but it'll not for 17 million blabs 

A Fat columbian anybody??

Fans turning on the manager already, it's all a bit of a mess over there at the moment. 

The level of hatred they have for their board is quite something.

On 24/09/2021 at 17:22, Chong said:

I heard McGregor has signed a deal til he's basically done playing, saying he wants to stay there for life etc. I had rated him quite highly in the times I'd seen him (admittedly not that much) and I always thought he could do with a move away from them to further his career but hes stalled and he seems happy to just bumble along. I get he supports Celtic but once he'd wan it aw his own career trajectory could have been upwards but he's settled for flat lining....well, actually,  downward lol.

Maybe it's a tougher choice than I'm giving it credit or maybe he's had no offers but it annoys me seeing what I perceive as a lack of desire. The modern Paul McStay....he'll be good when hes older. 

Just another in a long line of Celtic players happy to take the soft option. Who would want to play for bigger teams, on better wages in more competitive leagues when you can go and pick up the player of the year award from the Castlemilk Tim supporters club, have a pint and shing shome rebel shongs wi the fansh ? At least Ryan Christie had some sense. 

2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Just another in a long line of Celtic players happy to take the soft option. Who would want to play for bigger teams, on better wages in more competitive leagues when you can go and pick up the player of the year award from the Castlemilk Tim supporters club, have a pint and shing shome rebel shongs wi the fansh ? At least Ryan Christie had some sense. 

Tierney as well - they are raving about him at Arsenal just now.

Any players with ambition know that the EPL is the place to go if they are good enough.

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I’m a bit torn on this as I see both sides.

Same argument is made of Scott Brown. If you are Celtic captain and the fans love you, you can pretty much be guaranteed to win trophies, play in Champions league against Barcelona, Madrid, PSG and the biggest clubs in Europe and still be set for life financially. If you move to England to a Bournemouth (like Christie has) or even Aston Villa then best you can really hope for is a cup win. Yes you’ll have cash in the bank but there’s no ambition to win anything other than to stay in the league.

Do we not moan there is no loyalty any more and berate players for following the money?? We all get peed off when a player takes the OF pound to sit on the bench.

Like I say, can see both sides on that one.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Same argument is made of Scott Brown. If you are Celtic captain and the fans love you, you can pretty much be guaranteed to win trophies, play in Champions league against Barcelona, Madrid, PSG and the biggest clubs in Europe and still be set for life financially. If you move to England to a Bournemouth (like Christie has) or even Aston Villa then best you can really hope for is a cup win. Yes you’ll have cash in the bank but there’s no ambition to win anything other than to stay in the league.

Do we not moan there is no loyalty any more and berate players for following the money?? We all get peed off when a player takes the OF pound to sit on the bench.

Sensible post. 

The Old Tolbooth

Celtic will come good at some point this season and no doubt start picking up points at a quicker rate than everyone else, maybe Rangers apart (who don't exactly look too good this season tbh up to this point), I'd also expect them to sign a proper striker in the next transfer window as they're crying out for one, and they can certainly afford one. We all know what they're capable of because their first half performance against us at Parkhead was pretty sensational, and they've shown that again in other games as well, but just can't seem to score many goals. They're also capable of throwing in garbage performances like the one yesterday though, and I'm really enjoying their demise, I just hope it lasts longer than I think it will. 

On 25/09/2021 at 19:39, PortyBeach said:

Rogers was going to leave no matter what. 

their biggest mistake was brining Lennon in - an absolute loose cannon and only good for shouting at players which works for about 3 games. 

all they had to do was hire a mediocre manager and give them the usual £20-£30m budget to keep them finishing bottom of the champs league to keep the money rolling in for any alleged court cases coming up.

50 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It's a good point. But, if you've outgrown the league, as a motivated professional surely you want to test yourself at a higher level and see how far you can go. Look at Andy Robesrtson. He backed himself. Went to Hull, and is now a champions league winner.

I doubt Christe went to Bournemouth to stay there forever. Same as fat arse at Villa.

Will fat arse and Christie get higher? Time will tell. But they were both in the wrong league in Scotland and needed to do more than play Hamilton 4 times a year.

Edited by JamboAndrew

On 24/09/2021 at 17:22, Chong said:

I heard McGregor has signed a deal til he's basically done playing, saying he wants to stay there for life etc. I had rated him quite highly in the times I'd seen him (admittedly not that much) and I always thought he could do with a move away from them to further his career but hes stalled and he seems happy to just bumble along. I get he supports Celtic but once he'd wan it aw his own career trajectory could have been upwards but he's settled for flat lining....well, actually,  downward lol.

Maybe it's a tougher choice than I'm giving it credit or maybe he's had no offers but it annoys me seeing what I perceive as a lack of desire. The modern Paul McStay....he'll be good when hes older. 

he is following the same path as scott brown. happy to not fully challenge and improve himself. i know i might get pelters for this but scott brown at hibs i seem to remember was developing into a good box to box type midfielder. then he moved to celtic and devolved into the knuckle dragger he is. if he went to celtic for say 3 years then moved to england he might have became a top quality midfielder.

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

their biggest mistake was brining Lennon in - an absolute loose cannon and only good for shouting at players which works for about 3 games. 

all they had to do was hire a mediocre manager and give them the usual £20-£30m budget to keep them finishing bottom of the champs league to keep the money rolling in for any alleged court cases coming up.

i expect celtic knew rodgers was going to leave at the end of that season so should have been planning a suitable replacement and no doubt rodgers would have been happy to advise on it. yes he left in the middle of the season but as we all saw popcorn teeth managed to get them over the line in the league and cheat their way to the scottish cup. fair enough bringing him in for that but they should have had a replacement ready. to some extent that cup final caused both them and us problems, i think levein would have stepped down on a high if we had won the cup and if we had won the cup i doubt celtic would have appointed lennon full time

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Tierney as well - they are raving about him at Arsenal just now.

Any players with ambition know that the EPL is the place to go if they are good enough.

at celtic i never really rated tierney, it could be he was not challenged enough or the wrong mentality thinking he could stroll through games, sort of similar to van dijk when at celtic his concentration did at times lead to mistakes because he was playing below himself. back to tierney, for me he is now ahead of robertson for me as he is the better defender

complete control
1 hour ago, Mister T said:

Stuart Armstrong aswell

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Said it elsewhere but worth putting on this thread. Celtic’s haste to ditch Edouarde for some coin is looking like poor business. Yes he wanted away but Celtic are finding that you can’t just spend a few bob and guarantee that new players can thrive on the SPL. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

It's a good point. But, if you've outgrown the league, as a motivated professional surely you want to test yourself at a higher level and see how far you can go. Look at Andy Robesrtson. He backed himself. Went to Hull, and is now a champions league winner.

I doubt Christe went to Bournemouth to stay there forever. Same as fat arse at Villa.

Will fat arse and Christie get higher? Time will tell. But they were both in the wrong league in Scotland and needed to do more than play Hamilton 4 times a year.

Like I said I can see both sides.  Andy Robertson wasn't at Celtic earning £25k per week so Dundee Utd to Hull is a different kind of move.  I also think it's different for a left back.  Do you honestly think at this stage in their careers McGregor and Christie will get to the level of De Bruyne and the likes and push to run games for any of the top 6 clubs in the EPL?  I know you have to back yourself but that's a stretch.  Somebody has mentioned Armstrong and he's doing really well, but he's at Southampton, he's not going any higher and he's going to win nothing.

I'm all for ambition and wish more players would get to the standard needed to carve out a good career in better leagues, I just think that if you are getting £15k upwards a week to play for Celtic it's a different decision, especially if that is your boyhood club.

If I played for Hearts, had the chance to become a club legend by captaining them to titles, loved by the fans, could put millions in the bank and every season have a shot at playing against the likes of Messi and Ronaldo in the Champions league in front of 60,000. I'm not sure a move to Brighton, Burnley, Wolves, Norwich, Brentford, Crystal Palace and a whole lot more would be that interesting for me.

It definitely wouldn't be an easy decision unless it was one of the bigger boys up at the top 6 and serious money.

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

I'm happy to see players leave for bigger and better things i.e Hickey, I was gutted to lose him but I really wanted him to do well. I'll never be happy to see a player leave for the Old Firm just to warm the bench as you said.

On 25/09/2021 at 19:47, ToqueJambo said:

Good summing up for the prosecution

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Like I said I can see both sides.  Andy Robertson wasn't at Celtic earning £25k per week so Dundee Utd to Hull is a different kind of move.  I also think it's different for a left back.  Do you honestly think at this stage in their careers McGregor and Christie will get to the level of De Bruyne and the likes and push to run games for any of the top 6 clubs in the EPL?  I know you have to back yourself but that's a stretch.  Somebody has mentioned Armstrong and he's doing really well, but he's at Southampton, he's not going any higher and he's going to win nothing.

I'm all for ambition and wish more players would get to the standard needed to carve out a good career in better leagues, I just think that if you are getting £15k upwards a week to play for Celtic it's a different decision, especially if that is your boyhood club.

If I played for Hearts, had the chance to become a club legend by captaining them to titles, loved by the fans, could put millions in the bank and every season have a shot at playing against the likes of Messi and Ronaldo in the Champions league in front of 60,000. I'm not sure a move to Brighton, Burnley, Wolves, Norwich, Brentford, Crystal Palace and a whole lot more would be that interesting for me.

It definitely wouldn't be an easy decision unless it was one of the bigger boys up at the top 6 and serious money.

Happen to think McGregor is a very good player who could do better . Maybe not the Chelsea/Man Us of this world but a different challenge at a higher level .

Personal choice but huge lack of ambition .

Byyy The Light
21 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Happen to think McGregor is a very good player who could do better . Maybe not the Chelsea/Man Us of this world but a different challenge at a higher level .

Personal choice but huge lack of ambition .

That's kind of my point.  What's the point in playing for a Crystal Palace or Newcastle or any of these middle of the road EPL teams?  I wouldn't say that is majorly ambitious just to play for teams who's only ambition is to survive in a league.

Would need to be a good move rather than one for the sake of it.

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

I’m sure Rodgers would have returned to the EFL at some point.

I’m not convinced he wouldn’t have liked to make history by achieving 10IAR before leaving though, which points to problems behind the scenes in my view.

Very good point. I think agents and advisors play quite a strong role in the background as well here. They'll make their money by getting a cut of the o erinflated fees and wages down south.

Agreed that the staying in one place and basically doing a Scott Brown is what any fan of a club dreams of.

If a player is a driven professional though, then playing in the top leagues has to be a draw. Not everyone can be a top 4 club megastar. But year after year of playing folk below your level has to surely affect your development as a player.

Totally agree, there are two sides to this. And both have a lot of appeal. 

But I'm sure people like Robertson and Gordon would always have though, what if... if they hadn't left Hearts to have a go of it in England.

joondalupjambo

Could Macgregor have a partner that just says I am not moving south or moving from Scotland for that matter?  No idea but there are always reasons for these type of decisions and maybe not everything is as straightforward as it seems. 

All sensible.

Also about time we stopped seeing Bournemouth as a step up!

Or frankly for the rest of Scotland, the likes of Forest. I know its about money and i understand players wanting dosh but lets stop thinking english champ and L1 are step ups from our Prem from a playing level. Total myth.

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Celtic will come good at some point this season and no doubt start picking up points at a quicker rate than everyone else, maybe Rangers apart (who don't exactly look too good this season tbh up to this point), I'd also expect them to sign a proper striker in the next transfer window as they're crying out for one, and they can certainly afford one. We all know what they're capable of because their first half performance against us at Parkhead was pretty sensational, and they've shown that again in other games as well, but just can't seem to score many goals. They're also capable of throwing in garbage performances like the one yesterday though, and I'm really enjoying their demise, I just hope it lasts longer than I think it will. 

They have got a good striker in Kyogo, but he's out just now and they've brought in another guy who has yet to play. I think their main problem is strength in depth. Unlike in recent years their second stringers are not guaranteed to win them matches. The thing is that even at this stage they can't afford any more slip ups. This weekend they have to go to Pittodrie and win. I know Aberdeen aren't all that, but they'll be up for it and I don't think this Celtic side are bankers away from home.

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Completely agree. I do view it sometimes in a Scotland supporter side, where I want to see Scottish players be the best they can so Scotland can do well.  Going to Celtic or being at Celtic can develop them. But stay too long and they stagnate. Tierney is a prime example of that, he had a few years looking fantastic, but his last season and a half (or at least before his final injury) he looked like he was way behind Robertson and going backwards. Moving to Arsenal allowed him to progress, even if Arsenal were at best in transition.

Every player has a career and can do with it what they want. If they want to stay at the same club for the rest of their career then fine. But Celtic seem to get top Scottish talent and drag them down after a while. I think it could be players get comfortable, you play in your home country, getting the highest wages in the league, playing in front of thousands, and very likely to win one trophy a season. But players need to be aware that to keep that they sacrifice bigger money, development to be the best player they can, bigger trophies.

The Old Tolbooth
25 minutes ago, May one-six said:

They have got a good striker in Kyogo, but he's out just now and they've brought in another guy who has yet to play. I think their main problem is strength in depth. Unlike in recent years their second stringers are not guaranteed to win them matches. The thing is that even at this stage they can't afford any more slip ups. This weekend they have to go to Pittodrie and win. I know Aberdeen aren't all that, but they'll be up for it and I don't think this Celtic side are bankers away from home.

I forgot about Kyogo, and to be fair he does look an excellent player, he won't be there long if he keeps that sort of form up, but I'm not sure Aberdeen are playing well enough to trouble them, I hope I'm wrong though, or do I want Celtic to win to get a bigger gap between ourselves and the sheep as 3rd place guarantees European league football next season? 

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m sure Rodgers would have returned to the EFL at some point.

I’m not convinced he wouldn’t have liked to make history by achieving 10IAR before leaving though, which points to problems behind the scenes in my view.

don't think Rogers would've been all that arsed about 10IAR personally - means very little in the broader footballing world.

Think he just wanted to get his career back on track and return to the EPL.

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

That's kind of my point.  What's the point in playing for a Crystal Palace or Newcastle or any of these middle of the road EPL teams?  I wouldn't say that is majorly ambitious just to play for teams who's only ambition is to survive in a league.

Would need to be a good move rather than one for the sake of it.

Was thinking more that he'd be playing against better players . 

He , to me , is one of those who might step up a class . Unlikely to happen here 

Hagar the Horrible
26 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I forgot about Kyogo, and to be fair he does look an excellent player, he won't be there long if he keeps that sort of form up, but I'm not sure Aberdeen are playing well enough to trouble them, I hope I'm wrong though, or do I want Celtic to win to get a bigger gap between ourselves and the sheep as 3rd place guarantees European league football next season? 

Aberdeen do have a tendency to lift up their skirts to the OF, thay have no bottle and right now cant buy a goal. However,  Celtic have been dire on the road,  but they do create a massive amount of chances.  We want a sheep win, Aberdeen just dont have the squad to catch us now, they are no threat,  keeping Celtic behind us for as long as possible will drive us on.  and how funny would it be for them to drop out of the top 6. 

With us playing Motherwell and Sevco playing Hibs,  Celtic will fall further behind if they lose again on the road

We need to win next week it will push us beyond a good few

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Aberdeen do have a tendency to lift up their skirts to the OF, thay have no bottle and right now cant buy a goal. However,  Celtic have been dire on the road,  but they do create a massive amount of chances.  We want a sheep win, Aberdeen just dont have the squad to catch us now, they are no threat,  keeping Celtic behind us for as long as possible will drive us on.  and how funny would it be for them to drop out of the top 6. 

With us playing Motherwell and Sevco playing Hibs,  Celtic will fall further behind if they lose again on the road

We need to win next week it will push us beyond a good few

That'll do me nicely sir :D 

31 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

don't think Rogers would've been all that arsed about 10IAR personally - means very little in the broader footballing world.

Think he just wanted to get his career back on track and return to the EPL.

As you wish: everyone is entitled to their opinion after all…

portobellojambo1
On 21/09/2021 at 11:26, Tommy Brown said:

So far, I don't  mind big Ange, seems honest enough guy and not flying the Celtic bullshit flag yet.

I think they are a better team than Rangers, who have dipprd from last season.

Whether Ange is out of his depth, reamains to be seen, imo.

That alone could be his downfall. Neil Lennon worked out what to say and do just to keep the republican faithful onside. If this guy doesn't he could be on his way soon.