Septic

Sertse

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I'm not sure how you can perceive any kind of tone from what was a very matter of fact sentence? I'm pleased that they are struggling, primarily because it presents an opportunity for Hearts to be more competitive against them.

I’m not the only one that thought you were somehow being sympathetic to their current plight 😆
Glad you’re happy they're struggling though 👍🏽

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• PortyBeach

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine being on of the better celtic players and Duffy waltzes in on 2/ 3x your salary. 

Hilariously bad, shows the EPL isn’t quite the standard at lower level that some make out. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

remember a lot of this stems from appointing popcorn teeth when brenda left rather than an actual football manager

And that came about because they cheated us in a final.  

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I know there is a current Celtic player who is having personal PT sessions separately for strength and core work. 

The player usually gets this PT in the off season but surprised to see he’s getting it during the season.

I remember reading last season that under Lennon, some players were getting outside coaching as they felt they were not developing under him.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hilariously bad, shows the EPL isn’t quite the standard at lower level that some make out. 

Agreed 100%.

Bog standard players get £40k plus a week, go for £15m+  and folk think they're better than the average Joe from any other country. 

Ofc their not, the average player in England is just that. 

There is some top quality as well, but you must be laughing if you're a bog standard player down there. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot

remember a lot of this stems from appointing popcorn teeth when brenda left rather than an actual football manager

Hilariously bad decision. 

I must admit, it is lovely to see the Timothy's in a mid table position, Would be wonderful if they stayed there for the remainder of the season, Postegoglu is doing a smashing job imo, I know he plays decent attacking football but I don't think the guy knows what a defender is, he very much reminds me of Daniel stendel with his tactics and set up.

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The signings have a bit of Levein about them, i.e. no real plan except a "he might be good"

Well in their case, that has to be good. Especially if it all goes bad. 

The story was Celtic wouldn't pay an extra £200,000 to sign John McGinn.

Could have made at least a £20 million profit on him. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Shooter McGavin

Keep Kyogo down and Celtic are toast, and on that note I hope he’s on the receiving end of an absolute shocker in his first game back.

4 hours ago, leginten said:

A few weeks back he was on the radio after the Saturday matches. With Rangers due to play Ross County the next day, he said of the latter that “Billy Dodds will have them up for this match”. He sat the rest of the programme out in excruciating silence once he had been informed that Dodds was commentating rather than managing.

Utterly incredible that this Celtic-obsessed buffoon is deemed suitable for any kind of job with the BBC. Then again, maybe not.

Wished I'd heard that, leginten. 😄

As you say, it's the BBC who are employing him.

Not Celtic or any of their media outlets.

However, it's not worth complaining. If I/we did it would be us in the wrong or a nothing to see job.

Same as it was with that Liam McLeod after the complaints about the final last Christmas.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone in here said they spent the .money on those disco lights rather than McGinn.  I really hope this is true.

Also said they haven't had as chance to use them in the champions league since they bought them. 

McGinn or a light show sums up that clubs efforts to be taken seriously in Europe. 

26 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Someone in here said they spent the .money on those disco lights rather than McGinn.  I really hope this is true.

Also said they haven't had as chance to use them in the champions league since they bought them. 

McGinn or a light show sums up that clubs efforts to be taken seriously in Europe. 

The biscuit tin mentality persists there even yet.  They pretend  to be one of Europe’s elite clubs. The truth is that they are little more than imposters.  They deserve all that they get.

jamboinglasgow

Just read this transcript of a Celtic fan who called in a sport show and went mental about Brendon Rogers leaving (this was from today.)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fan-radio-meltdown-brendan-25039657#

To me it sums up the Celtic fan mentality, they see themselves as the biggest club in the world (and to be fair all fans see their club as the biggest thing around) but the reality doesn't mix with them. So Rodgers won everything with them, made them unbeatable and exciting to play. But he was a manager who took a step down to take a step up again. Celtic got very lucky to get him. But because he left Celtic to go to (in Celtic fans views) a small club even though that club had only a few years before won the Premier league, it broke their minds.  

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

they also decided not to sign ivan toney, he would have cost £5M. he is now worth over £35M and has hit the ground running in the EPL

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they also decided not to sign ivan toney, he would have cost £5M. he is now worth over £35M and has hit the ground running in the EPL

Toney would have won them the league no bother last season.

And as you say made them £millions.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Toney would have won them the league no bother last season.

And as you say made them £millions.

yep, and he actually wanted to go to celtic

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Sertse said:

I'll be careful what I say here but a certain current septic player underwent some form of assessment by a person close to me and they said that they had absolutely 0 core strength to the point they couldn't hold a plank longer than 30 seconds. I'm talking about a very well known player.

It seems their training is pretty much all cardio and no strength or core work. Pretty embarrassing for him in particular and the entire team.

If you were trying to protect your source's identity, I don't imagine there will be many people assessing the core strength of Celtic's top players, so you may have just landed him/her in it.

51 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The biscuit tin mentality persists there even yet.  They pretend  to be one of Europe’s elite clubs. The truth is that they are little more than imposters.  They deserve all that they get.

Their fans know the biscuit tin still rules and it's cost them champions league group stages numerous times.

Even now it persists through not given Ange his own coaching staff.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, Sertse said:

Oh how I love seeing them struggle.

Also, anyone remember anything special happening in 1998?👀

Poor Ange. Imagine only being given £20m or so to build a team over the summer.

Guest ToqueJambo

They could also have coughed up 2m without missing it and had Aaron Hickey patrolling the left flank and attracting multi-million pound bids from everywhere this time next year. Stuck with Greg Taylor to save a few hundred thousand though. And that's just 20m in transfer fees - more than the total annual playing budgets of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs combined.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just read this transcript of a Celtic fan who called in a sport show and went mental about Brendon Rogers leaving (this was from today.)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fan-radio-meltdown-brendan-25039657#

To me it sums up the Celtic fan mentality, they see themselves as the biggest club in the world (and to be fair all fans see their club as the biggest thing around) but the reality doesn't mix with them. So Rodgers won everything with them, made them unbeatable and exciting to play. But he was a manager who took a step down to take a step up again. Celtic got very lucky to get him. But because he left Celtic to go to (in Celtic fans views) a small club even though that club had only a few years before won the Premier league, it broke their minds.  

Not sure what troubles me most: Frank, or, the punters who engaged with Frank. 

Surely they have a big red button on the control panel to jettison the morons after their opening salvo.

Either way, it speaks volumes about the madness of Celtic fans. A bunch of deranged, sinister loons who should be locked up.

Feck Rangers, too. 😊

To be fair loads of Celtic fans probably all seeing the empty seats are complaining about no away fans.

You might see the away section highlighted.

20210923_195315.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874
Pic

jamboinglasgow
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

To be fair loads of Celtic fans probably all seeing the empty seats are complaining about no away fans.

You might see the away section highlighted.

20210923_195315.jpg

Thats disgraceful. How the Old Firm have got away of keeping away fans from the their home fixtures is disgraceful and the fact there has been nothing from the press or SPFL is terrible.

To me sums up the failure of the SPFL to market the product, a singing away section can be a good counter to a more placid home section. So it sounds better and pictures of fans celebrating seeing their team take a big goal against the old firm away helps make the goals look more special. The EPL, who knows how to market itself, would never allow their clubs to have no away fans.

On 21/09/2021 at 14:41, Pasquale for King said:

I can recall him shoving a ball boy at Tynecastle, his knowledge of football in general is pretty poor. 

completely agree but given that he fills the Celtic quota I'd reckon if he was replaced it could be by someone a great deal more obnoxious. 

Forever Hearts
11 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

another semi and somehow the uglies avoid each other. Does anyone have a stat?

Oh dear. It's tinfoil hat time.🙈

I like how their new Greek boy who has yet to be seen injured himself in the warm up. Could be they have signed another ringer. Sevco's signings are nothing special but they take the rough and tumble. 

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

completely agree but given that he fills the Celtic quota I'd reckon if he was replaced it could be by someone a great deal more obnoxious. 

Absolutely 👍🏽

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh dear. It's tinfoil hat time.🙈

Not sure why, it's a genuine question. Would like to now what the actual facts are rather than just wallow in my own conspiracy theories!! 

Bazzas right boot
On 21/09/2021 at 22:05, ToqueJambo said:

Poor Ange. Imagine only being given £20m or so to build a team over the summer.

Tbf, he lost £35m in players sales. 

Celtic's strategy seems flawed in terms of catching rangers. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, he lost £35m in players sales. 

Celtic's strategy seems flawed in terms of catching rangers. 

No idea why they didn't strengthen when they were in such a strong position under Rodgers instead of stockpiling money and allowing Rangers to catch them up. They genuinely could have been the dominant force for the next 10 years. The only thing that sort of makes sense is they are worried about massive law suits from all the off field stuff.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Not sure why, it's a genuine question. Would like to now what the actual facts are rather than just wallow in my own conspiracy theories!! 

Didn’t they play each other last time they were both in the semis?  Can’t remember if they’ve both been in a semi since the 2016 Scottish Cup semi  which Rangers won or not.  They also played each in other in a League Cup semi shortly before that which Celtic won.  

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No idea why they didn't strengthen when they were in such a strong position under Rodgers instead of stockpiling money and allowing Rangers to catch them up. They genuinely could have been the dominant force for the next 10 years. The only thing that sort of makes sense is they are worried about massive law suits from all the off field stuff.

It's spectacular mismanagement. 

Tbf, if rangers carried out their business with any regard to financial consequences they'd have stayed ahead. 

But between rangers chucking everything at it, Gerrard building a good team and celtic appointing Lennon any gap that existed has closed and reversed. 

I heard McGregor has signed a deal til he's basically done playing, saying he wants to stay there for life etc. I had rated him quite highly in the times I'd seen him (admittedly not that much) and I always thought he could do with a move away from them to further his career but hes stalled and he seems happy to just bumble along. I get he supports Celtic but once he'd wan it aw his own career trajectory could have been upwards but he's settled for flat lining....well, actually,  downward lol.

Maybe it's a tougher choice than I'm giving it credit or maybe he's had no offers but it annoys me seeing what I perceive as a lack of desire. The modern Paul McStay....he'll be good when hes older. 

Coming up on my Google feed.

Ibrox News reporting Rangers have agreed with Roma to sell Hagi  for £17m in Jan.

I looked at the calendar and noticed that we are still in September.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Coming up on my Google feed.

Ibrox News reporting Rangers have agreed with Roma to sell Hagi  for £17m in Jan.

I looked at the calendar and noticed that we are still in September.

They have to balance the books somehow; pains me but they've handled that smartly if they lock in a chunk of change like that now.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

They have to balance the books somehow; pains me but they've handled that smartly if they lock in a chunk of change like that now.

You’re actually believing that they’re getting £17m for a guy that’s not a guaranteed starter?  Have to hand it to them, their transfer rumours are funny!