Septic

Sertse

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

In a way Forever Hearts is right, we are maybe stretching it a bit to say we nearly got relegated after finishing 14 points from bottom. However, when we took the field against Dunfermline at teatime on Monday May Day we were only 4 points ahead of them and they really fancied their chances of closing that to 1 point with 3 games left. Another historical reason that 2019/20 being ended was a ridiculous decision. 

Sorry, I take his point. It was only one up, one down so, aye, sorry, FH !

I remember the Dunfermline game now. Good atmosphere as I recall. 

Old memory not what is was !

👍

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• PortyBeach

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They have also received a fair bit of cash for players such as Ajer, Edouard and Christie

They did say they had received upwards of £30m in transfer fees.

ooh-aah-cantona
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I'll be careful what I say here but a certain current septic player underwent some form of assessment by a person close to me and they said that they had absolutely 0 core strength to the point they couldn't hold a plank longer than 30 seconds. I'm talking about a very well known player.

It seems their training is pretty much all cardio and no strength or core work. Pretty embarrassing for him in particular and the entire team.

I know there is a current Celtic player who is having personal PT sessions separately for strength and core work. 

The player usually gets this PT in the off season but surprised to see he’s getting it during the season.

jamboinglasgow

For those interested in Celtic finances, seems to be a reasonable assessment from a Celtic fan (if you go into the tweet its a long twitter thread.)

Esstionally, Celtic are not in any money troubles. The selling of players has helped through these times.

But there is problems in running the club has huge problems with maximising value of their players in recent years through mismanagement from coaches and board level. That twitter poster argues that due to these failures the value of the squad may have gone down from £100 million to £50 million in just a year, and they are losing the best youth talent for next to nothing.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They have also received a fair bit of cash for players such as Ajer, Edouard and Christie

About £30m and spent £20m on poor replacements. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

For those interested in Celtic finances, seems to be a reasonable assessment from a Celtic fan (if you go into the tweet its a long twitter thread.)

Esstionally, Celtic are not in any money troubles. The selling of players has helped through these times.

But there is problems in running the club has huge problems with maximising value of their players in recent years through mismanagement from coaches and board level. That twitter poster argues that due to these failures the value of the squad may have gone down from £100 million to £50 million in just a year, and they are losing the best youth talent for next to nothing.

Looks like they’ve maybe cut their wage bill too, which has left them worse off on the park. 
https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/celtic/

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

About £30m and spent £20m on poor replacements. 

The signings have a bit of Levein about them, i.e. no real plan except a "he might be good"

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Given their lack of Champions League cash they had too.

As with either of the OF, they are always just one game away from a crisis in the eyes of the Scottish media.

One of the reasons I give the Scottish footballing media a wide berth.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The signings have a bit of Levein about them, i.e. no real plan except a "he might be good"

McCarthy especially, a four year deal for a 30 year old guy who’s injury prone. 
Financially they’ve dealt quite well with what they’ve had to do but you get the feeling this manager is like a rebound guy for a while until they get someone better. Almost like they’ve accepted being 2nd for a while, they’re fans as usual are revolting 😆

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah I don't buy this pish about him not being able to bring in his own backroom team. 

He saw the state of the place and the baggage that goes with it and basically told them to ram it up their farters. 

Exactly, he seems a reasonably intelligent guy and will surely get a chance somewhere else soon. Newcastle might be a good fit for him. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

His style he is implementing has it's flaws. 

Can see them handing out lots of thrashings but also dropping points in games where the opposition team matches them or holds on and doesn't fold. 

Might take him another transfer window to sort it out or it could come good quicker. 

The obvious comparison to me is Daniel Stendell.  

Edited by i8hibsh

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Financially they’ve dealt quite well with what they’ve had to do but you get the feeling this manager is like a rebound guy for a while until they get someone better. Almost like they’ve accepted being 2nd for a while, they’re fans as usual are revolting 😆

You've got that right, their fans are revolting :sick:

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Possibly. I recall him leaving Burnley as his wife and young kids couldn't settle in the North of England.

The issue with Newcastle is Ashley and whether or not Howe would take that on, but if they were to be sold then Howe would be a great fit.

Thought you meant Ange for Newcastle 

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pat Bonner sounded distraught during last night's inquest on Shitesound. 

Lovely.

He was crestfallen during the commentary on Sunday.

He did attempt to praise someone he had seen at a game the day before but couldn't remember the teams.

"it was a game between two other teams" was the best he could do after much stuttering.

Ross v. Hearts and Ross Callachan, btw.

If it doesn't happen to "Cel'ic" or, at a push, Rangers, it doesn't happen in Bonnarworld.

Love hearing his groans of despair in the background when they're getting pumped in Europe.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

He's a very nice bloke until he turns up on the radio.

He doesn't hold back criticising them when it's not going well.

He was brilliant when Ronny lost European games. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's a very nice bloke until he turns up on the radio.

I can recall him shoving a ball boy at Tynecastle, his knowledge of football in general is pretty poor. 

jamboinglasgow
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly. Celtic will sign players who will do well and they have the clout to make money on them, but they have lost their ability they had in the past at inflating their player values and selling them. They could have made much more money for many of their players in the summer of 2020 but they kept them because of 10 in a row and it backfired spectacularly.

Also I am convinced there is someone in the Celtic board who loves playing football manager and signing players rather than letting better qualified people do it, as its not clear at all who makes the sigings at Celtic. Its not the manager, they dont have a director of football and there was players signed before the new (and ex) chief exec came in. Its all very strange.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would love to know why Eddie Howe broke off negotiations with them. I suspect he saw the state of the place and opted for a few more months unemployed. 

Peter Lawell's garage getting set ablaze wouldn't have helped with any feelgood-factor. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The obvious comparison to me is Daniel Stendell.  

Mmm, in a way. 

I see it similar to Gerrard when he first taken on rangers and if going a few levels up Klopp in Liverpools first season. 

The players they've lost the summer represent a big loss of quality right down the spine of their team. Ajer, Christie and Edouard. Add in the injuries to Forrest and Kyogo, and it's easy to see why they are struggling.

37 minutes ago, martoon said:

Lovely.

He was crestfallen during the commentary on Sunday.

He did attempt to praise someone he had seen at a game the day before but couldn't remember the teams.

"it was a game between two other teams" was the best he could do after much stuttering.

Ross v. Hearts and Ross Callachan, btw.

If it doesn't happen to "Cel'ic" or, at a push, Rangers, it doesn't happen in Bonnarworld.

Love hearing his groans of despair in the background when they're getting pumped in Europe.

A few weeks back he was on the radio after the Saturday matches. With Rangers due to play Ross County the next day, he said of the latter that “Billy Dodds will have them up for this match”. He sat the rest of the programme out in excruciating silence once he had been informed that Dodds was commentating rather than managing.

Utterly incredible that this Celtic-obsessed buffoon is deemed suitable for any kind of job with the BBC. Then again, maybe not.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly. Celtic will sign players who will do well and they have the clout to make money on them, but they have lost their ability they had in the past at inflating their player values and selling them. They could have made much more money for many of their players in the summer of 2020 but they kept them because of 10 in a row and it backfired spectacularly.

Also I am convinced there is someone in the Celtic board who loves playing football manager and signing players rather than letting better qualified people do it, as its not clear at all who makes the sigings at Celtic. Its not the manager, they dont have a director of football and there was players signed before the new (and ex) chief exec came in. Its all very strange.

Definitely, and if that was us the press would be all over it. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So far only Kyogo looks like a good signing. Early days I know, but Starfelt, Hart, Jota, Abada do not look up to much. 

Indeed, and I would say Kyogo is a diver who may well go missing in the dark winter months when it’s a freezing midweek match and he’s being kicked up a down a dodgy pitch such as Livi/ER/Dingwall 😆

25 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The players they've lost the summer represent a big loss of quality right down the spine of their team. Ajer, Christie and Edouard. Add in the injuries to Forrest and Kyogo, and it's easy to see why they are struggling.

Heart bleeds😁

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pat Bonner sounded distraught during last night's inquest on Shitesound. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

:pleasing:

Yay! May go back & give that pish a listen now actually. The thought of listening to that Ceptic loving mouthpiece greeting over their current predicament gives me a nice warm feeling :D

It's the fact that the media seem to want to take pity on them.They have still spent an absolute fortune on players in terms of the Scottish game and yet it's still not enough and fans and media demand more to be spent.Then after they buy the league they moan about competition , **** them.

39 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

But they have still spent a fortune in the summer compared to the rest.

38 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So far only Kyogo looks like a good signing. Early days I know, but Starfelt, Hart, Jota, Abada do not look up to much. 

I'm sure I read Hart is on £15k a week

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

You say it like it’s a bad thing 🤔😂?

1 hour ago, leginten said:

A few weeks back he was on the radio after the Saturday matches. With Rangers due to play Ross County the next day, he said of the latter that “Billy Dodds will have them up for this match”. He sat the rest of the programme out in excruciating silence once he had been informed that Dodds was commentating rather than managing.

Utterly incredible that this Celtic-obsessed buffoon is deemed suitable for any kind of job with the BBC. Then again, maybe not.

When the bar is set so high it includes Willie Miller.... it's not really that unbelievable. 🤪

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Highlights in this context means something different to actual highlights in a good way. 

Surley It's a list of where you landed in regards to you main targets Set out previously. 

Plums. 

It will surley have cup performance, player sales and such on that list as well as it's all financially relevant. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Looks like they’ve maybe cut their wage bill too, which has left them worse off on the park. 
https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/celtic/

Imagine being on of the better celtic players and Duffy waltzes in on 2/ 3x your salary. 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would love to know why Eddie Howe broke off negotiations with them. I suspect he saw the state of the place and opted for a few more months unemployed. 

The way the club works the manager doesn't make signings, the board chooses them all. Best example of this was them making signings with no manager. It's mental they think any manager would want to work in those conditions.

The board may be good at finding talent etc but just handing the manager players without even considering if they fit the shape or tactics is mental. I saw an interview recently where a player said under popcorn teeth Lennon he wasn't even giving them tactics or strategy they were just told to go out and play.

I hope the club come crashing down they are scum all the way top to bottom.

4 hours ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I know there is a current Celtic player who is having personal PT sessions separately for strength and core work. 

The player usually gets this PT in the off season but surprised to see he’s getting it during the season.

I was told a few weeks ago during the break, it may be the same player. It's not a low level player either, he starts every game.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You say it like it’s a bad thing 🤔😂?

I'm not sure how you can perceive any kind of tone from what was a very matter of fact sentence? I'm pleased that they are struggling, primarily because it presents an opportunity for Hearts to be more competitive against them.