Septic

Sertse

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

don't think Rogers would've been all that arsed about 10IAR personally - means very little in the broader footballing world.

Think he just wanted to get his career back on track and return to the EPL.

Completely agree. If he was still there for 10IAR, I am sure he would be pleased at the achivement but it was always rebuilding his career so he can show that he is a top coach. 

Celtic got lucky being able to get him because of this, the problem is Celtic fans then convinced themselves he was at Celtic because he was a massive Celtic fan who would lead them onto 10 in a row. Thus when he left for a very good opportunity in England, they created a betrayal narrative, Celtic fans are still deluded about Celtics position in football (probably because reality would depress them.)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• PortyBeach

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

Not sure I want Eithet of these teams to lose.. it may prompt them into looking at compent managers .. Aberdeen I feel will 100% go for Alex Neil and I really do not want that as I really rate him.. 

Celtic’s chances will depend on whether furuhashi available.. he is very good.  

I think 1-1 would be the ideal outcome with some injuries and suspensions

Celtic are not in crisis and they are actually a good footballing team. They are just not getting(pardon the pun) the rub of the Green at present. They could have easily on another day put six past United and Livingston the week before.

Anyone writing them off is a fool.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Was thinking more that he'd be playing against better players . 

He , to me , is one of those who might step up a class . Unlikely to happen here 

Definitely, no arguments here in terms of higher standard of player in that league. He'd also get to go to the likes of Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and play against some of the big boys.  He can get that half a dozen games at big boys a season in the Champions league though.

For me it's about weighing up if that is better than what he's currently got or could achieve at his boyhood club.  Not convinced that's the case unless it's a club who can challenge for Champions League spot in England.  You can't show your grandkids the medals you got for avoiding relegation 5 years in a row 😄

56 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic are not in crisis and they are actually a good footballing team. They are just not getting(pardon the pun) the rub of the Green at present. They could have easily on another day put six past United and Livingston the week before.

No one is writing them off. What's disappointing is that they have been pretty terrible (three losses out of seven!) yet are only 6 points off the summit - or, looked at another way, a couple of cheap home wins v Ross County or St Mirren. Likewise, Rangers look weak and underpowered but still top of the league. I hope the other teams can keep on the pressure and the illusion of competitiveness for as long as possible but we all know that eventually the evil twins will draw clear and Scottish football will again be as boring as ever.

20 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

No one is writing them off. What's disappointing is that they have been pretty terrible (three losses out of seven!) yet are only 6 points off the summit - or, looked at another way, a couple of cheap home wins v Ross County or St Mirren. Likewise, Rangers look weak and underpowered but still top of the league. I hope the other teams can keep on the pressure and the illusion of competitiveness for as long as possible but we all know that eventually the evil twins will draw clear and Scottish football will again be as boring as ever.

I always entertain the hope that one day we’ll be able to finally kick the trauma of 1986 into touch by winning the title.

So when the “evil twins” wobble, I can’t quite bring myself to describe that as “disappointing” 😉

9 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Was it the greatest booing in the world?

:lol: nah most of them had left to drown in their tears and buckfast

Edited by The Tackle

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I agree with this also.

I think they are better than Rangers.

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I agree with this also.

I think they are better than Rangers.

Based on what? They finished miles behind Rangers last season, they are six points behind them already this season and they haven't beat them in their last seven meetings. 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I didn't see the game yesterday but I listened to it on the radio and my impression is that Dundee Utd were by no means lucky to get a point. All three commentators (including Pat Bonner) agreed that they were denied a stonewall penalty and United had other chances in the game.

I absolutely agree though that it's crazy to write off Celtic at this stage when they're just 6 points off the top of the league.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Based on what? They finished miles behind Rangers last season, they are six points behind them already this season and they haven't beat them in their last seven meetings. 

Tell the truth, you're a Rangers fan aren't you? 

Just now, Lfhearts said:

No just a fact that Rangers are better than Celtic at moment.

That may be the case but the poster i quoted is always jumping to the defence of the blue bigots

2 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

That may be the case but the poster i quoted is always jumping to the defence of the blue bigots

Not as bad as defending the green bigots.

Both clubs are absolute filth but any hearts fan defending Celtic in any way shape or form after our experiences with them should be publicly flogged 

8 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Like I said I can see both sides.  Andy Robertson wasn't at Celtic earning £25k per week so Dundee Utd to Hull is a different kind of move.  I also think it's different for a left back.  Do you honestly think at this stage in their careers McGregor and Christie will get to the level of De Bruyne and the likes and push to run games for any of the top 6 clubs in the EPL?  I know you have to back yourself but that's a stretch.  Somebody has mentioned Armstrong and he's doing really well, but he's at Southampton, he's not going any higher and he's going to win nothing.

I'm all for ambition and wish more players would get to the standard needed to carve out a good career in better leagues, I just think that if you are getting £15k upwards a week to play for Celtic it's a different decision, especially if that is your boyhood club.

If I played for Hearts, had the chance to become a club legend by captaining them to titles, loved by the fans, could put millions in the bank and every season have a shot at playing against the likes of Messi and Ronaldo in the Champions league in front of 60,000. I'm not sure a move to Brighton, Burnley, Wolves, Norwich, Brentford, Crystal Palace and a whole lot more would be that interesting for me.

It definitely wouldn't be an easy decision unless it was one of the bigger boys up at the top 6 and serious money.

They maybe don't fancy a burnt garage if they miss a sitter

For posting facts? 

“Tackle’s” point was a question, not an assertion!

My view? I think The Rangers are a better team and were certainly better coached than Celtic were under Lennon.

Celtic under Postecoglou (is that the correct spelling?) are a different prospect.

Despite some indifferent results I think things have changed for Celtic and I’d agree they’re capable of better things. 
They had something like 70% possession against us at Tynecastle which says something given we’ve proved we’re a decent opposition this season. 

Edited by PortyBeach

5 hours ago, The Tackle said:

:lol: nah most of them had left to drown in their tears and buckfast

Standard behaviour from the greatest fans in the world.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not as bad as defending the green bigots.

Both clubs are absolute filth but any hearts fan defending Celtic in any way shape or form after our experiences with them should be publicly flogged 

Not a Taliban fan, are you? 😊

Surely any individual or organisation regardless of reputation or our personal prejudices is entitled to an objective view of a particular situation that individual or organisation might find itself in?

What about a situation that involved Hearts? Andy Davies - linesman and Ibrox season ticket holder (allegedly) - cheated Hearts by falsely signalling a penalty against us at Tynecastle.

The result was that instead of one point, the unwashed gained three. Miko’s subsequent reaction was understandable if unfortunate for him, and Hearts.

And how does this affect Celtic? Well, Rangers “won” the league that year by one point. You don’t have to be a Maths graduate to work out that the Tynecastle result was massively significant in that “achievement”.

Is this not a situation where Celtic’s interests can reasonably be defended by all objective Scottish football fans? Davies’ decision hurt us for sure, but we were just collateral damage: the objective was to aid Rangers in a tight title race.

After all, we’re all up against this form of corruption. Watch Craig Levein’s justifiable disgust in his post-match interview following the cheating against his Dundee United side in a match at Ibrox.

And on Saturday, should “The Rangers”‘keeper v Dundee have been dismissed for illegally preventing a goal scoring opportunity? Arguably - but where there’s any chance of a doubt, bent officials will err on the side of “The Rangers”.

21 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

‘faithful through and through’

So you can’t be a faithful supporter if you express disapproval or frustration at your team’s performance?

I’ll pack my bags just now then…

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I agree, but on the other hand they do have a problem if teams don't fold. 

They are struggling to win the tight games, rangers seem to have that knack. 

Still early tho. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Slagging rangers is like what the  bat signal is to batman for you. 

Tbf, You do put up a staunch defence of them. 

You're Very loyal, when it comes to defending rangers. 

16 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

So you can’t be a faithful supporter if you express disapproval or frustration at your team’s performance?

I’ll pack my bags just now then…

Ha! Not for a minute suggesting football fans cannot express disapproval or frustration at all.

However their song goes ‘we are the Celtic supporters, faithful through and through… over and over we will follow you’

I’d merely contest that they shouldn’t perhaps hold themselves out as paragons of loyalty when as we saw here the merest suggestion of a slight drop in standards has some displaying that loyal ‘support’ in the form of derision. 

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not sure if anyone is writing Celtic off John, other than potentially their own supporters who are far from happy. From what I've seen of any highlights/live games the best Celtic have played this season was against us in the Premier Sports cup tie, especially 1st half. And, in my opinion, they played so well because the way we lined up and approached the game allowed them to play the way they wanted to.

In saying that I also don't think Rangers are playing as well as they did last season, but have already established a points differential over Celtic. It probably just adds to my frustration that we tend to approach games against both halves of the OF in Glasgow wrongly, making it easier for them to play as they want to.

After next weekend's games, with us playing Motherwell on Saturday and Rangers hosting Hibs on the Sunday, it isn't out of the question that we could then go to Ibrox as the league leaders. But even if Rangers do beat Hibs either way I'd like to see us go to Ibrox and make a statement, not just assume or accept we have lost before a ball is kicked.

Edited by portobellojambo1

6 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Ha! Not for a minute suggesting football fans cannot express disapproval or frustration at all.

However their song goes ‘we are the Celtic supporters, faithful through and through… over and over we will follow you’

I’d merely contest that they shouldn’t perhaps hold themselves out as paragons of loyalty when as we saw here the merest suggestion of a slight drop in standards has some displaying that loyal ‘support’ in the form of derision. 

I see your point but I would dispute that expressions of frustration equate to lack of loyalty.

15 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I see your point but I would dispute that expressions of frustration equate to lack of loyalty.

Fair enough, agreed. To be honest it was just a cheap dig at them 👍

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Slagging rangers is like what the  bat signal is to batman for you. 

Tbf, You do put up a staunch defence of them. 

You're Very loyal, when it comes to defending rangers. 

Not my problem if you have an issue with accepting facts

Oh, and you never answered when I asked you who you wanted to win the semi final, Hibs or Rangers? Is it too tricky a question for you? 

18 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Folks are forgetting theres still 90+ points available and they have McGregor, Kyogo, Julien, Forrest, Taylor and the Greek striker to come back in plus a January transfer window. Nows the time to play them and get points as the season goes on they’ll get their act together.

We have to just keep winning at home and taking points away and see where we get to. If and it’s a big if we can beat both the OF at home then we’ll be in good shape.

Bazzas right boot

Not my problem if you have an issue with accepting facts

Oh, and you never answered when I asked you who you wanted to win the semi final, Hibs or Rangers? Is it too tricky a question for you? 

I don't care. 

Whoever loses will make me smile. 

However, given rangers are where they are, probably rangers as we need to be chasing down hibs and Aberdeen atm so the less success they have the better. 

I won't be losing sleep over it either way. 

However, Unlike yourself I will want whoever wins beat in the final. 

You'll be cheering rangers on more than you cheer us on. 

12 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

“Tackle’s” point was a question, not an assertion!

My view? I think The Rangers are a better team and were certainly better coached than Celtic were under Lennon.

Celtic under Postecoglou (is that the correct spelling?) are a different prospect.

Despite some indifferent results I think things have changed for Celtic and I’d agree they’re capable of better things. 
They had something like 70% possession against us at Tynecastle which says something given we’ve proved we’re a decent opposition this season. 

Seen nothing from celtics manager (as if you would struggle to spell his name 🙄) to suggest any great ability other than just putting a team out that is way more expensively assembled than the opposition, so of course they will look better at times and have more possession. 

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't care. 

Whoever loses will make me smile. 

However, given rangers are where they are, probably rangers as we need to be chasing down hibs and Aberdeen atm so the less success they have the better. 

I won't be losing sleep over it either way. 

However, Unlike yourself I will want whoever wins beat in the final. 

You'll be cheering rangers on more than you cheer us on. 

So you don't care if Hibs win and get into a final with the chance of winning a trophy? 

Good to know.👍

The rest of your post is just your usual garbage and not worth responding to.  

19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree. If he was still there for 10IAR, I am sure he would be pleased at the achivement but it was always rebuilding his career so he can show that he is a top coach. 

Celtic got lucky being able to get him because of this, the problem is Celtic fans then convinced themselves he was at Celtic because he was a massive Celtic fan who would lead them onto 10 in a row. Thus when he left for a very good opportunity in England, they created a betrayal narrative, Celtic fans are still deluded about Celtics position in football (probably because reality would depress them.)

PSG, Man City, Celtic, Bayern Munich, Barcelona is how they see it.

The reality is that they can't compete with teams that spend 20% (or less) of what they do.

Big Ange is here to watch Hearts win the league🇱🇻

Now that we are firing again I would say that everything that has happened to them, since the league was called early, has made up for us getting shafted.

We are finishing above them this season👍🇱🇻

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Seen nothing from celtics manager (as if you would struggle to spell his name 🙄) to suggest any great ability other than just putting a team out that is way more expensively assembled than the opposition, so of course they will look better at times and have more possession. 

I’d agree it’s too early to assess AP’s abilities as a coach but I think it’s also too early to assess this group of Celtic players. 
Time will tell, as the saying goes.

My earlier point was that the Celtic team and set-up this season is an improvement on last season.

27 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I’d agree it’s too early to assess AP’s abilities as a coach but I think it’s also too early to assess this group of Celtic players. 
Time will tell, as the saying goes.

My earlier point was that the Celtic team and set-up this season is an improvement on last season.

Perhaps the head coach is an improvement (although jury still out) but can’t say the same for the squad so far. 

Bazzas right boot

So you don't care if Hibs win and get into a final with the chance of winning a trophy? 

Good to know.👍

The rest of your post is just your usual garbage and not worth responding to.  

I'm all about Hearts, but as I said all things consider I'd prefer a rangers win

If Hibs do win I won't lose any sleep. 

I generally don't care what other teams do or don't do. I'm a Hearts fan and watch Hearts not hibs or like yourself rangers. 

Celtic hammering rangers in the final would do me. 

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm all about Hearts, but as I said all things consider I'd prefer a rangers win

If Hibs do win I won't lose any sleep. 

I generally don't care what other teams do or don't do. I'm a Hearts fan and watch Hearts not hibs or like yourself rangers. 

Celtic hammering rangers in the final would do me. 

More nonsense. 

Hagar the Horrible

Can I clarify something if we win the league will that be 2 In a row, because 3/4 championship is equal to half a Premier surely.

But this weekend us beating Motherwell is a huge statement.  either 2 or even 4 of the teams around us will drop points, Motherwell would make that 5

54 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Can I clarify something if we win the league will that be 2 In a row, because 3/4 championship is equal to half a Premier surely.

But this weekend us beating Motherwell is a huge statement.  either 2 or even 4 of the teams around us will drop points, Motherwell would make that 5

I like your reasoning!

Saturday will hopefully be another interesting measure of how much we’ve improved. As you say, a win for us would be a huge statement. 
Motherwell are looking good, however, so I’m anticipating a tough match. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yip. 

If we can win 3/4 games over October we could be a bit ahead of the rest. 

They all play each other and the Likley hood is only rangers will string a run of wins together. 

We could be 10 points + clear of Aberdeen by the Halloween. 

I can't see Ange seeing out the season. He doesn't have the players to play his system, he has no plan B, the fans will soon be on his back and he could easily loose the dressing room.

Paul Lambert will be in charge before the season is out

3 minutes ago, His name is said:

I can't see Ange seeing out the season. He doesn't have the players to play his system, he has no plan B, the fans will soon be on his back and he could easily loose the dressing room.

Paul Lambert will be in charge before the season is out

i see him being gone before christmas

William H. Bonney
9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i see him being gone before christmas

I’m not even sure he’ll make it to Halloween.