• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Sooperstar

• Malinga the Swinga

• Samuel Camazzola

Feel a wee bit for Tommy but probably dropped because of his missed putts. Would have been a toss up between him and Casey as to who to leave out. Can't see us getting much today.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Is there a single person who gives a **** about the Nicklaus-Jacklin Award? Give it to the Yank fans for all I care.

IMO, Nicklaus was wrong for that decision. Different if they had already won the cup but it was for a tie to retain. 

I thought Payne Stewart's concession to Monty was a touch of class as Monty had been subjected to abuse and heckling when he was in his shot routine. Also the green had been trampled on. 

Samuel Camazzola

Duval is a twat and waffles some crap. American analysis going off on a tangent and spouting MI from their PGA stats. Someone remind them this is 18 hole matchplay and it doesn't work that way! 😂  Last two WGC matchplay winners were Horschel and Kisner (where neither have played in a Ryder Cup, won a major or topped the rankings). 

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

IMO, Nicklaus was wrong for that decision. Different if they had already won the cup but it was for a tie to retain. 

I thought Payne Stewart's concession to Monty was a touch of class as Monty had been subjected to abuse and heckling when he was in his shot routine. Also the green had been trampled on. 

The concession to Darren Clarke in Ireland, when Zack Johnson quietly and with dignity conceded putt that any other player would have been made to take on, is the one I remember.

Still brings back emotions now. Wasn't about golf, it was way more than that and I admired Johnson from that day on.

William H. Bonney
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The concession to Darren Clarke in Ireland, when Zack Johnson quietly and with dignity conceded putt that any other player would have been made to take on, is the one I remember.

Still brings back emotions now. Wasn't about golf, it was way more than that and I admired Johnson from that day on.

zach Johnson is a torn faced prick. 

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

****ing knobs are singing the Star Spangled Banner now. Spangles more like. 

Their boorish behaviour seems to get worse with every successive Ryder cup. Some of them would have you believe they have the tallest dwarves.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Not a surprise. They have no class.

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not a surprise. They have no class.

Which further adds to this particular grim viewing. 

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Seriously, ***** wearing hoodies. That's up there with Mark Calcaveccia using a wedge on the green at St Andrews. Slap!

Nowt wrong with either. 😉 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good start. :lol:

Thank Jesus the football's on to depress us instead.

I was going to record it while I'm at Tynecastle but wondering if I want to even watch the rest of the morning foursomes when I get back in!

Samuel Camazzola

Cracking pitch from Hatton but provides no result as Johnson chips in with a sensational shot from the collar. His short game is a joy to watch when he gets into this flow. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Thoughts on the number of points Europe needs to be on at the end of today to at least have a chance to retain?

I’ll go with 6.5. 

11 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Thoughts on the number of points Europe needs to be on at the end of today to at least have a chance to retain?

I’ll go with 6.5. 

7 at an absolute minimum.

Rahm and Garcia on the comeback.

How can Europe play so badly? Nearly all of them! Not the greatest Yank team either but our poor play is giving them confidence.

Harrington isn't exactly an inspiring character.

Malinga the Swinga

3.06pm. Casey, from an admittedly poor position, hits ball about 20 yards and just shrugs shoulders. No fight, no drive, just acceptance of mediocrity.

Meanwhile, Rahm and Garcia fighting hard.

57 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Cracking pitch from Hatton but provides no result as Johnson chips in with a sensational shot from the collar. His short game is a joy to watch when he gets into this flow. 

A joy to watch against your team...noooooooooooo. something wrong wi you...:laugh: