• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Sooperstar

• Malinga the Swinga

• Samuel Camazzola

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

And Poulter resins undefeated at singles. To be honest, he shouldn't play on Ryder cup team again.

Think he may well announce his retirement 

quit while ahead 

Xander downs a can of beer in one. Unfortunately, it's American beer and is equivalent of a can of shandy from newsagent.

Don’t think it was even a beer

had soda written on the side 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nope, Casey got beat (again).

Didn’t even count him he was guaranteed to get beaten 

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think he may well announce his retirement 

quit while ahead 

Does anyone do this? I can't recall anyone who's been in the qualifying points step aside. Most likely rule themselves out from becoming a captain's pick or become a vice. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, merrymac said:

Didn’t even count him he was guaranteed to get beaten 

Not easy for Casey. In team to help rookies and use experience to guide them through fourballs and foursomes.

Played 4, lost 4. Looked as miserable as sin throughout three days. Body language of a quitter.

Had chance to stop DJ winning 5 points with relatively simple putt on 18th. It didn't touch the hole. 

Molinari one of the only ones to win 5/5 points in a Ryder Cup - that was last time out!! What happened to him? How come he never made the team? Injured or just totally out of form since? 

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not easy for Casey. In team to help rookies and use experience to guide them through fourballs and foursomes.

Played 4, lost 4. Looked as miserable as sin throughout three days. Body language of a quitter.

Had chance to stop DJ winning 5 points with relatively simple putt on 18th. It didn't touch the hole. 

Sadly always been a nearly man

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

Molinari one of the only ones to win 5/5 points in a Ryder Cup - that was last time out!! What happened to him? How come he never made the team? Injured or just totally out of form since? 

Took a long break during Covid and struggled to get back to form

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, skinnybob72 said:

Out of form for past year but is showing signs of recovery. 

Need younger guys to come through.

Malinga the Swinga

After this week, the golfing world, including most of US players, can get back to criticising De Chambeau. The guys a classless dick. His behaviour yesterday was shocking.

His arch enemy, BklK, was even worse. Abusing and swearing at referees, just because he couldn't get a free drop, was one of the worst things ever seen on golf course.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

To a degree but this is still set up with little rough and benefits the longer hitters

we set up with rough because our guys are not as long but tend to hit it straighter

On Five Live they said you can drive it 30 yards off course and have no real penalty. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

On Five Live they said you can drive it 30 yards off course and have no real penalty. 

Home team privilege but if you watch US tournaments, with exception of US open (sometimes) it's like watching pitch and putt. Lamp it down 350 yards and doesn't matter if you're on fairways or not, cause the lies are flat and rough is non existent.

Malinga the Swinga
41 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Does anyone do this? I can't recall anyone who's been in the qualifying points step aside. Most likely rule themselves out from becoming a captain's pick or become a vice. 

Sandy Lyle did it an age ago. Made team but was really out of form, and withdrew from 12. Took big bollocks to do.

Malinga the Swinga

Matt Fitzpatrick misses tiny putt on 17th and then hits water on 18th.

Make that no points in two Ryder cups. Looks like a 12 year old and not sure he will ever have mental strength to cut it at this level. He's a young guy but career going backwards.

Sandy Lyle did it an age ago. Made team but was really out of form, and withdrew from 12. Took big bollocks to do.

1989? He played in 87 with Langer, I remember. If so, some decision esp after winning the Masters in 88. 

Malinga the Swinga

Record defeat but Harrington has no regrets! Strange as his pairings were hopeless, reliance on Casey embarrassing, and generally clueless.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

1989? He played in 87 with Langer, I remember. If so, some decision esp after winning the Masters in 88. 

Think so. His form crashed, he developed a snap hook and never recovered form again.

Then he fell out with European golf over walking out during open with result he is the one man from that era who won a major but was never invited to be captain.

He is still bitter about it and likes to chuck cheat allegations at Monty, due to his jealousy over Monty captaining team to victory at Celtic Manor.

Malinga the Swinga

Shows what an incredible job Catrina Matthews did winning Solheim cup a few weeks back.

Took on overwhelming favourites, higher ranked players, and had no support, yet played superbly, got great pairings and won back to back cups.

Harrington on the hand, was out of his depth.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shows what an incredible job Catrina Matthews did winning Solheim cup a few weeks back.

Took on overwhelming favourites, higher ranked players, and had no support, yet played superbly, got great pairings and won back to back cups.

Yep. Soon as I saw Harrington as Captain I knew we'd get beat. Not particularly articulate and looks clueless.

32 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Exactly

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think so. His form crashed, he developed a snap hook and never recovered form again.

Then he fell out with European golf over walking out during open with result he is the one man from that era who won a major but was never invited to be captain.

He is still bitter about it and likes to chuck cheat allegations at Monty, due to his jealousy over Monty captaining team to victory at Celtic Manor.

Cheers. Yes, quite a story. Just googled it. Came back a bit to win tournaments in 92 after work with Leadbetter but nothing after that at age 34.

21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Matt Fitzpatrick misses tiny putt on 17th and then hits water on 18th.

Make that no points in two Ryder cups. Looks like a 12 year old and not sure he will ever have mental strength to cut it at this level. He's a young guy but career going backwards.

I honestly think he will never score a point in the RC

Said it earlier and thought for a while he was going to prove me wrong but no 😳

Samuel Camazzola
29 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

👍 Forgot about Sandy. Can't see it happening again. 

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

He was paired with Tiger down the stretch at Augusta. After the final round collapse, he's never reached the levels again. 

Pasquale for King

Such an insipid performance, so little passion/motivation/determination. Poor pairings, vice captains not relaying the correct information.
All a bit too nice for my liking. 

Changes need to be made to the qualifying also. 
The odds on Mcilroy/Poulter/Westwood all winning today must’ve been enormous, Rahm was always likely to lose after carrying the team for two days, ideally he would’ve been left to sleep late and play last. 
They never got to grips with the greens at all and some of their play was abysmal, so many duff shots emphasised by Fitzpatrick at the end. 
Never want to see Westwood, Poulter, Fitzpatrick, Weisberger, Casey and Garcia play in this tournament again. Time for a new era. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

Home team gets to choose how the course is set up at the Ryder Cup - based on this showing I’d suggest that 2023 has rough 2 feet long and no greens! 

They do indeed, big wide fairways and the Europeans still struggled to hit them 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Indeed, she was brilliant as were the team. 
He really was out his depth, that stupid village idiot type grin was really getting on my nerves by the end. 
Just deflecting from his own mistakes and basically blaming the players. 
I was hoping Faldo and Clarke were as bad as it would ever get but Harrington has hit new depths. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

Have to say the USA were really classy, unlike their fans, and had just the right amount of passion in their celebrations. Stricker did a fantastic job and I didn't think I would ever see such a steely-eyed guy tear up. Well done to them they thoroughly deserved the victory. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Such an insipid performance, so little passion/motivation/determination. Poor pairings, vice captains not relaying the correct information.
All a bit too nice for my liking. 

Changes need to be made to the qualifying also. 
The odds on Mcilroy/Poulter/Westwood all winning today must’ve been enormous, Rahm was always likely to lose after carrying the team for two days, ideally he would’ve been left to sleep late and play last. 
They never got to grips with the greens at all and some of their play was abysmal, so many duff shots emphasised by Fitzpatrick at the end. 
Never want to see Westwood, Poulter, Fitzpatrick, Weisberger, Casey and Garcia play in this tournament again. Time for a new era. 

Very harsh on Weisberger i think aside from Rahm and Garcia on day one and two only Weisberger and Hovland looked like they belonged. Lowry was in and out but the rest were very poor.

Seymour M Hersh

Are we beginning to see the Sky Sports paywall effect on golf the same way it had on cricket? Youngsters not engaging and taking up a sport they rarely see on TV. 

The Mighty Thor

In fairness to Harrington he actually managed to pull off something I didn't think was ever going to be possible.

He's made that dick Faldo look like a stellar captain.

The Europeans need to rethink how the qualifying points are amassed and over what time frame as some of that team wouldn't win the monthly medal at their local course. 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are we beginning to see the Sky Sports paywall effect on golf the same way it had on cricket? Youngsters not engaging and taking up a sport they rarely see on TV. 

TBF golf has been a dying sport for a long time. 

Cost is too high for many and the time required to play alienates a huge number of people.

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yep. Soon as I saw Harrington as Captain I knew we'd get beat. Not particularly articulate and looks clueless.

What odds did you get and how much did you win?

9 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

He like a few others before him also went chasing extra distance. Never tends to work out well.

10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

After this week, the golfing world, including most of US players, can get back to criticising De Chambeau. The guys a classless dick. His behaviour yesterday was shocking.

His arch enemy, BklK, was even worse. Abusing and swearing at referees, just because he couldn't get a free drop, was one of the worst things ever seen on golf course.

100%.  His behaviour towards both officials was outrageous. Basically threatening them.  Should be hammered for that.  Berger was a wee welt too.  Classless wanks. 

What a load of shite.  It's almost a pity that the utterly inadequate McIlroy,  Westwood and Poulter won their singles games and come away with some sense of pride left.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Cost is too high for many and the time required to play alienates a huge number of people.

That probably is another factor. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, sadj said:

Very harsh on Weisberger i think aside from Rahm and Garcia on day one and two only Weisberger and Hovland looked like they belonged. Lowry was in and out but the rest were very poor.

Probably but to twice leave putts short when you need to hole them to stay in the match is really poor, we will probably need him to kick on in his career if we are to replace the guys who have done so well in the past but need to be replaced now. 
I can see the US winning in Europe for the first time in 30 years if changes aren’t made and other players don’t come through. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think you’re a bit out of date with that, there’s been a huge upsurge in folk playing the game during the pandemic. 
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/national-golf-foundation-reports-numbers-for-2020-were-record-se

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/golf-clubs-warned-pandemic-boom-wane/

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don’t think so, a third of people playing golf for the first time last year were under 25. 
When I go up to the Braids driving range it’s a varied group of ages and sexes. 
https://www.randa.org/News/2021/05/GBandI-Golf-Participation-Report

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

He should’ve won the Masters when Tiger did, he had played with him and beat him when he won the Open. He hit a tree and dumped his ball in the water at the 15th at Augusta and has never recovered. 
Hopefully he can find his way back. 

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably but to twice leave putts short when you need to hole them to stay in the match is really poor, we will probably need him to kick on in his career if we are to replace the guys who have done so well in the past but need to be replaced now. 
I can see the US winning in Europe for the first time in 30 years if changes aren’t made and other players don’t come through. 

Its all good Westwood says hes not thinking about Captain but playing as he proved yesterday hes still good enough 😒

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Its all good Westwood says hes not thinking about Captain but playing as he proved yesterday hes still good enough 😒

Yeah and he actually qualified too, unlike Poulter who was joking about a T-shirt in the shop that said Captains pick. 
Turning up in the singles isn’t enough though, for the Captain to put the same failed pairings out on Saturday was madness. 
There’s a few guys that are in the age bracket to be captain, it will be interesting to see who it is. 
I think the European tour needs to come up with a replacement for the Seve trophy as our team needs to have a warm up style tournament, the Presidents cup has been great for the US. Maybe they should see if the International team fancy it.