Ryder Cup

Vlad Magic

Just now, I P Knightley said:

A guy I was talking to on Friday identified this as the big difference between the teams. Europe have no one who is a laser-guided putting machine whilst the US team is full of them.

They really have for the most part sunk anything thats been that sort of distance or closer. Quite a few European putts haven’t even troubled the hole from the same distance.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Sooperstar

• Malinga the Swinga

• Samuel Camazzola

21 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I hope Bryson’s cock falls off. 

🤣🤣 he’ll just pick it up and screw it back on , Robo-man stylee

34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm away to pan fry the sea bass. Feck knows how that'll turn out....

🐟

Looks like one or two of our guys are getting pan fried already😳

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣 he’ll just pick it up and screw it back on , Robo-man stylee

He might tee it up and hit it 350😳

Ah well time to watch the millionth re-run of Fools and horses to cheer myself up☹️☹️☹️

Edited by merrymac

Home team gets to choose how the course is set up at the Ryder Cup - based on this showing I’d suggest that 2023 has rough 2 feet long and no greens! 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Projected score of 20-8. 

My prediction of 13-15 looks unlikely now.

Even worse now... 20.5 to 7.5

😭🤣😐

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Projected score of 20-8. 

What an absolute reality check for European golf record defeat looking more and more likely 

end of an era for about half the team I reckon 

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Never liked Harrington much anyway 🖕

Strange choice for captain a few oddball decisions in keeping with his personality

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Paul McGinlay talks more shite than Pat Bonner. 

You’ve taken that too far Jonno

Nobody talks more shite than him 😂😂😂

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

What an absolute reality check for European golf record defeat looking more and more likely 

end of an era for about half the team I reckon 

Still quite a few fine margins been the difference. Three 180 degree horse shoe putts within the space of an hour resulted in two hole swings. 

Rory has been solid but Xander hung in. If Rory had won 6&5, there would have been little complaints from the outcome. 

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Paul McGinlay talks more shite than Pat Bonner. 

4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You’ve taken that too far Jonno

Nobody talks more shite than him 😂😂😂

Actually heard Bonner talking up Hearts title challenge in midweek...

Mind you, he also mentioned Hibs too to prove he does talk shite 😁

Malinga the Swinga

McIlroy showed up but just two days late. At least it showed he cared.its the end for Westwood, Garcia, Poulter and probably Casey.

They are getting too old. Westwood,  if I heard correctly, is on a run of 7 losing matches. That simply isn't good enough and he needs to recognise it.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I don't like Justin Thomas.

Rory having a meltdown. Did well today, stank it out the last couple of days. 

There's a time and a place to play the crowd but Thomas' actions lack a bit of class too often. Great player but can come across all wrong at times. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

There's a time and a place to play the crowd but Thomas' actions lack a bit of class too often. Great player but can come across all wrong at times. 

I'm all for playing to the crowd etc but it looks forced and makes him look like a cocky tit.

I don't watch a lot of golf so I've no idea if this is his usual style or not.

Lowry's reactions have felt very real and passionate as comparison...shame it's not translated into much.

Going against the grain I'm sure but I've enjoyed watching DeChambeau and think he's come across quite well.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm all for playing to the crowd etc but it looks forced and makes him look like a cocky tit.

Lowry's reactions have felt very real and passionate as comparison...shame it's not translated into much.

Going against the grain I'm sure but I've enjoyed watching DeChambeau and think he's come across quite well.

It is the exact opposite of what Thomas is normally like. Mind, Europe weren't shy in celebrating on last 2 events so they will be right up for getting revenge.

Europe need to suck it up, shake hands and get ready for Italy.

I suggest narrowing fairways and having real rough instead of this pathetic stuff we see in USA, get rid of these massive run of areas and bring rough up to greens, then slowing speed of greens as a starter.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It is the exact opposite of what Thomas is normally like. Mind, Europe weren't shy in celebrating on last 2 events so they will be right up for getting revenge.

I suggest narrowing fairways and having real rough instead of this pathetic stuff we see in USA, get rid of these massive run of areas and bring rough up to greens, then slowing speed of greens as a starter.

Think you have nailed it there

the set up of the courses is why we have been getting a lot of home wins recently

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeh the Americans are well entitled to celebrate, certainly don't begrudge them that and they've been terrific. He just seems like a goon 😂

Samuel Camazzola
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This is the only real event in men's golf where they can play a crowd (The President's Cup is pish). 

Reid has worked the crowd before and also played the panto villain but it was all at the right time and in the right spirit. 

Thomas is fine in regular tour events but as you say, it's all a bit false and forced this week. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think you have nailed it there

the set up of the courses is why we have been getting a lot of home wins recently

Wouldn't entirely agree. We simply played the better golf. 

More and more European players are getting their PGA tour cards in recent years and playing for the bigger purses on the same courses as their US counterparts. 

It's only been in recent times that a 'World Points' list was introduced to prevent guys like Rory being exempt from qualification. He had indicated that he may not have been able to commit to the required Euro events to allow him to play. It was a reason why Casey missed several Ryder Cups. 

Malinga the Swinga

Other than pride, it makes no difference if you lose by 12 or by .5. You either have cup or you don't and USA deserve it this time.

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

More and more European players are getting their PGA tour cards in recent years and playing for the bigger purses on the same courses as their US counterparts. 

It's only been in recent times that a 'World Points' list was introduced to prevent guys like Rory being exempt from qualification. He had indicated that he may not have been able to commit to the required Euro events to allow him to play. It was a reason why Casey missed several Ryder Cups. 

To a degree but this is still set up with little rough and benefits the longer hitters

we set up with rough because our guys are not as long but tend to hit it straighter

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Such a shame Casey changed his mind for this one.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

58 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Was that a tramp with a Celtic top on in the crowd?

There’s always one at major sporting events it’s embarrassing 

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Other than pride, it makes no difference if you lose by 12 or by .5. You either have cup or you don't and USA deserve it this time.

True. If most matches were finishing 5&4, there would be bigger questions asked but when the scores are close, it's the little things that make the difference. 

5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

To a degree but this is still set up with little rough and benefits the longer hitters

we set up with rough because our guys are not as long but tend to hit it straighter

Choosing Le Golf National the last time was to write off Bubba playing and Phil competing. No modifications were needed for those two. 😄

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Such a shame Casey changed his mind for this one.

Stinger when still raw! 😄

50 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Oh Rory in tears.

Reminds me of that tv show...

Faking it: Tears of a Crime.

The lady interviewing him said I know it’s tough, there’s a scoreboard behind you and these are incredibly tough circumstances. 

**** sake. 

:rofl: 

3 hours ago, merrymac said:

He might tee it up and hit it 350😳

🤣

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Projected score of 20-8. 

You were getting 28/1 on 16-12 a couple of hours ago. I dont think 1000/1 would have tempted anyone

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Has Harrington made any good decisions this week aside from putting Rahm and Garcia back together day two? 

I think his singles draw by nationality was a stroke of genius /madness ( delete as appropriate) 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Oh Rory in tears.

Reminds me of that tv show...

Faking it: Tears of a Crime.

If that wasn't genuine then he is a fantastic actor.

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I think his singles draw by nationality was a stroke of genius /madness ( delete as appropriate) 😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣