• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Sooperstar

• Malinga the Swinga

• Samuel Camazzola

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Bryson is some player when he pulls it off.

Risk and reward with him I suppose but he's probably the most unlikeable golfer in the US team and that's some accolade.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

If he was that good a player then someone else would be pulling it off for him.

Maybe that’s Scottie’s main role 😝

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I need good conditions to shift it 417y in 2 shots.  :rofl:

When I see players doing things like it it always reminds me of the sheer depression of having to play the 18th at Silverknowes after you’ve had a decent round. Especially when we were juniors. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

When I see players doing things like it it always reminds me of the sheer depression of having to play the 18th at Silverknowes after you’ve had a decent round. Especially when we were juniors. 

😂😂

Malinga the Swinga

Would be nice to see some actual rough alongside fairway. Bryson launches one great drive and the rest go all over place, but it doesn't matter as no real rough.

Games tightening up now.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

6 is a good 'par' score on that hole sometimes.  Almost chipped in for a 4 one time.  

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That is a long hole😉

Just now, John Findlay said:

That is a long hole😉

I remember one round having to agree with my playing partner on what we scored at the 17th as there was a burnt out car on the green. 

I remember one round having to agree with my playing partner on what we scored at the 17th as there was a burnt out car on the green. 

Immovable obstruction,  Muirhouse rules.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. My favourite hole at Silverknowes, was Karen the barmaid😉. Golfing wise the 13th.

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It's the 7th and 16th that get me. There is no chance I'm landing it on either green in 2.

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Hatton unbelievably impressive 

Shame he missed putt. Far too many reasonably simple putts being missed.

Malinga the Swinga

Would make playing courses easier if ropes/wires could be laid in front of hazards to stop ball rolling.

Shambles of a course set up to allow that to happen.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

The communication cord ? 

£50 fine or a hand job.

Well she couldn't afford the £50....

Samuel Camazzola
39 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Would be nice to see some actual rough alongside fairway. Bryson launches one great drive and the rest go all over place, but it doesn't matter as no real rough.

Games tightening up now.

US get to set the course up their preference for being the home side. 

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Holed it. Wins the hole. He can stay for now.

Iv put it off to watch the Arbroaf v Killie game. If you require anymore abuse of their ability so they prove me wrong please just shout. £10 a pop , all proceeds to Big Hearts 👍🏻

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Huge afternoon in the overall scheme of things.

Huge.  5-3 down would be half decent.  4.5 - 3.5 would be winning a watch.  They'll be racier in day 2 now that the better performers are known.  Could still go 6-2 down though.

Malinga the Swinga

Would be nice if some of the European veterans, who were utter dogshit this morning, could actually contribute.

McIlroy and Casey are shocking 

In case anyone is unaware, it seems to be windy at a place called Whistling straits. Must be first time it's ever been windy as commentators feel need to mention it every 30 seconds.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Dechambeau with another 400 yard drive

Straight into bunker. We all know he can smash drives l, he does it every round but we still have to listen to pundits creaming themselves every time.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Straight into bunker. We all know he can smash drives l, he does it every round but we still have to listen to pundits creaming themselves every time.

Simple chip up onto the green though. It's impressive

Malinga the Swinga

Coltart has never seen anything like De Chambeau before. Hasn't he watched golf in US then, as this is how he plays. 

Oh dear, he duffed chip. What a shame but never mind, he hit big drive.

37 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Would be nice if some of the European veterans, who were utter dogshit this morning, could actually contribute.

McIlroy and Casey are shocking 

In case anyone is unaware, it seems to be windy at a place called Whistling straits. Must be first time it's ever been windy as commentators feel need to mention it every 30 seconds.

Tim Barter only thinks it’s a breeze 😂😂