Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

Thought I'd try to download the new app. Thought I'd cracked it, downloaded the app, got past the passport bit, my details were all correct then it said it couldn't find me. B******* I'll try again later.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Thought I'd try to download the new app. Thought I'd cracked it, downloaded the app, got past the passport bit, my details were all correct then it said it couldn't find me. B******* I'll try again later.

They can't seem to find anybody

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Only 20 minutes…….

Yes I wasnt even going to give it that long as it doesnt seem to serve any new purpose.

Jambo On Fire

I had been trying the https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp site all morning to no avail  - kept getting the "unable to generate vaccination certificate at the moment" when clicking to download the certificate.

However, literally just tried again and I was able to download my certificate. Think it may be down to capacity so keep trying.

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I wouldnt bother. Have you got your QR codes from nhsinform or a paper copy?

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Glad I printed mine out earlier in the week. 🙂

Surely they will bin this idea until its fixed. I have tried 4 times throughout today and it still doesn't recognise me.  Pathetic

1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

I stupidly left it too late to get the vaccine passport and now won't be going tomorrow. I've applied for a paper copy, as I don't have one of those big fancy Iphoney things, but I'm told I could wait up to 10 days for it to arrive. Trying to download a paper copy proved impossible, as despite having an NHS Covid ID and Username it still wouldn't let me into the site. So I had to phone a real person and jump through numerous security questions before they would talk to me and send out my paper copy! I do have a letter inviting me for a 3rd jag and had thought about turning up with that as it proves I have had my first & second jag but thought it might be a hard sell. So it's a day in the house and a dodgy stream for me!

Given the circumstances I think that you'd be fine with that letter. It's as much proof as anything else!

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Oh aye, paper copy and on my phone, just thought I'd try it and see what all the fuss is about.

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I have the QR code and digital copy on my phone. However I can just envisage mayhem at the turnstiles tomorrow with overly eager jobsworths security guards and problems. Can’t even get folk into the game on time as it is.

All i want to do is go to a ****ing game of football. 

It will be worth waiting for. 

The game I mean 👍

Captain Canada

There are supposed to be exemptions but as far as I'm aware, there are no details on that yet other than some vague bullet points.

It's not right that this has come into force and those who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons are potentially being excluded.

On the government website it says that this law doesn't supercede existing equality laws (or words to that effect).

If that's correct then I think it means businesses and football clubs will be breaking the law by asking people for proof of exemption anyway. 

Maybe someone with more knowledge of this could confirm? 

Maroon Sailor

Can't see anybody get in if they are dependent on the app

Not heard one person who has got their status on it

27 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They can't seem to find anybody

That's what happens when they (seemingly) based their app on this:- 😆

Screenshot_20211001-135603_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20211001-135900_Google.jpg

16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

There are supposed to be exemptions but as far as I'm aware, there are no details on that yet other than some vague bullet points.

It's not right that this has come into force and those who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons are potentially being excluded.

On the government website it says that this law doesn't supercede existing equality laws (or words to that effect).

If that's correct then I think it means businesses and football clubs will be breaking the law by asking people for proof of exemption anyway. 

This is an extract from the ScotGov document the published on 23 September.

Exemptions and exceptions

The following people will be exempt:

There are a very small number of people in Scotland who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Reasons include those medical contraindications including severe allergic reaction to the range of vaccines and those receiving end of life care.  A final decision has yet to be made although we are working on the medical conditions which would most closely be linked with an inability for a patient to be immunized.  There are a number of conditions which may render vaccination more difficult to attempt or complete – but it is important to be clear that for all but a very few vaccination offers hugely important protections.

There was @sadj telling us all weeks ago that this would be very easy to setup and would work no problem for football clubs. Looks like you were completely wrong. 

JamboRossi79
23 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can't see anybody get in if they are dependent on the app

Not heard one person who has got their status on it

Well now you have, myself and the Mrs set up ours last night but looks like we are in the minority !

3 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

There was @sadj telling us all weeks ago that this would be very easy to setup and would work no problem for football clubs. Looks like you were completely wrong. 

To be fair, it's already set up but this app thingy has muddied the waters.

Jambof3tornado
32 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Oh aye, paper copy and on my phone, just thought I'd try it and see what all the fuss is about.

Me too. Regret wasting any time on it.

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

To be fair, it's already set up but this app thingy has muddied the waters.

As is stands 24 hours before kick off, there will be fans without their vaccine codes and this will have implications.

Either they don't attend the game, meaning less revenue for Hearts or they do attend the game and hope to still get in. My argument was that this will cause congestion and problems at the gates for fans and staff, if they are challenged for not having the passport available.

1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

I stupidly left it too late to get the vaccine passport and now won't be going tomorrow. I've applied for a paper copy, as I don't have one of those big fancy Iphoney things, but I'm told I could wait up to 10 days for it to arrive. Trying to download a paper copy proved impossible, as despite having an NHS Covid ID and Username it still wouldn't let me into the site. So I had to phone a real person and jump through numerous security questions before they would talk to me and send out my paper copy! I do have a letter inviting me for a 3rd jag and had thought about turning up with that as it proves I have had my first & second jag but thought it might be a hard sell. So it's a day in the house and a dodgy stream for me!

Dont know if it will arrive in time for you but they are fairly quick in sending out the paper certificate copies. 

Sometimes the old ways are the best. 😏

1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

As is stands 24 hours before kick off, there will be fans without their vaccine codes and this will have implications.

Either they don't attend the game, meaning less revenue for Hearts or they do attend the game and hope to still get in. My argument was that this will cause congestion and problems at the gates for fans and staff, if they are challenged for not having the passport available.

You don’t need the app to get it though. 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Not seen any mention of required numbers tbh. 1 in ten would be sensible. Considering all hospitality will be checked, as far as I’m aware, and U18s not checked, you’re probably looking at under a thousand across the rest of the stadium. 
Should be a piece of piss !

🥴

Probably spend more time checking who's under 18. One in ten is reasonable at this stage since it's not enforceable. It's basically an experiment.

weegie jambo
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Email the club and let them know you might be ok.

It turned up in the post today, so all is well HHGH

weegie jambo
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dont know if it will arrive in time for you but they are fairly quick in sending out the paper certificate copies. 

Sometimes the old ways are the best. 😏

The old ways are the best in my book, it turned up in the post today! HHGH

maroonlegions

So the COVID paper copy showing proof of a double vaccination along with the two  QR bar-codes will do. 

Edited by maroonlegions

I got my paper copy of the letter back in July showing the two dates. It doesn't have a bar code so I went in to Tynecastle yesterday and asked if it was acceptable - and they said "Yes". I don't need to get another version with the bar codes

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So the COVID paper copy showing proof of a double vaccination along with the two  QR bar-codes will do. 

Isn't that what the club asked us to bring? A lot of people getting their knickers in a twist over an app they don't need.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

How so? 

Just turn up with any proof and you'll be fine. 

22 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

It turned up in the post today, so all is well HHGH

Amazing!!! That must be some kind of record. They must be using Pony Express. 😆

Screenshot_20211001-145647_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20211001-145635_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20211001-145724_Google.jpg

King Of The Cat Cafe

The club has said it will accept paper proof from people inoculated outwith Scotland, so it will be strange if they do not accept similar from locals.

54 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

😴

What I said was there is no reason it has to be complex , it is easy to implement it shouldn’t turn into a cluster****. If you bothered your arse to read the thread instead of trying to be a wideo , I also said its become a shambles , either do it properly or dont. Its been done a ridiculous and needlessly complicated way. As soon as it only became spot checks only that was my position. 

47 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Wait , i take it back (well most of it) , congestion and problems… It’ll only cause that for people who are difficult. @jonnothejambo says people know what they need to do and he pointed out yesterday also that you can get it on the website nevermind the app so really all that requires is people to make a wee bit of effort and then its on stewards to do their job correctly. As he again said arseholes and officious stewards will be the problem not the principal. 

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

This is an extract from the ScotGov document the published on 23 September.

Exemptions and exceptions

The following people will be exempt:

There are a very small number of people in Scotland who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Reasons include those medical contraindications including severe allergic reaction to the range of vaccines and those receiving end of life care.  A final decision has yet to be made although we are working on the medical conditions which would most closely be linked with an inability for a patient to be immunized.  There are a number of conditions which may render vaccination more difficult to attempt or complete – but it is important to be clear that for all but a very few vaccination offers hugely important protections.

Cheers. Should they not have finalised this before bringing it in? 

People with a condition that makes them exempt shouldn't have to divulge that information to a stranger at a football match in my view. I've also read that some GPs are refusing to issue exemption letters even in cases where it applies.

The whole thing is completely shambolic and poorly thought through. As usual (with politicians from any party) nobody will be held accountable. 

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

The club should just refuse to check anyone who just has the App but check those that have a paper copy.

They cannoy be criticised if the app doesn't work.

Anything new like this that will be downloaded on a large scale needs time to solve teething problems without fear of any sort of comeback.

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

People with a condition that makes them exempt shouldn't have to divulge that information to a stranger at a football match in my view. I've also read that some GPs are refusing to issue exemption letters even in cases where it applies.

The whole thing is completely shambolic and poorly thought through. As usual (with politicians from any party) nobody will be held accountable. 

You should have a look at the 71 page document they have produced to try and justify their reasoning for going ahead with this.

It is full of links to websites etc where they have extracted the data some of which dont work.

They quote one from the World Economic Forum and I clicked on it to see what else was on it and it took me to the first page of the Scottish Governemnt Document I was already reading.🤣

That was either incompetence or else they didn't want readers to see what was on the link.

4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

What are the reasons for exemptions ?

If GPs issued a letter for exemption why would they have to put medical details on it?

44 minutes ago, jambali said:

Still there on mine...

Still not on mines but I got a link to it tried 8 times gave up shit

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

You can apply for an exemption certificate to prevent you missing out.

Can take 2 to 3 weeks and your gp has to confirm reasons for exemption.

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, john thomas said:

What are the reasons for exemptions ?

If GPs issued a letter for exemption why would they have to put medical details on it?

Gp doesnt just issue a letter. You would get a certificate confirming nothing more than you are exempt for medical reasons but your gp must back this up.

Back of the Bus

Just as a matter of interest, have the SG stated a regular timeframe  to review whether these measures are still needed on an ongoing basis? The Covid restrictions themselves were reviewed and updated fortnightly.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Gp doesnt just issue a letter. You would get a certificate confirming nothing more than you are exempt for medical reasons but your gp must back this up.

As I thought . So no-ones medical history is being revealed

This thread is hilarious reading .

People actually thinking that it's a Gestapo check point. 

The chance of you getting checked are pretty low and if you do just wander round to another turnstile and hope you don't get stooped again. 

The whole thing is an unworkable shambles so treat it as such .

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)