Anyone else missing out?

lou

16 minutes ago, lou said:

Are there any others missing out due to self isolation? I feel more sick about missing the match than I do with Covid

That is bad luck. A double whammy. ☹️

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, lou said:

Are there any others missing out due to self isolation? I feel more sick about missing the match than I do with Covid

That's a bugger ! Wish you speedy recovery 

5 minutes ago, lou said:

Fingers crossed I am over the worst, I am absolutely gutted to be watching at home 

I know of a few people who can’t make it too 

atleast you can watch it on Hearts tv and there will be bigger games to come I’m sure 

Kalamazoo Jambo
43 minutes ago, lou said:

Get well soon.

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Remember you can contact ticket office and release tickets so they can be resold if someone else not able to use

Yeah I know but a family member more than happy to take off my hands 😊

I'm missing it through choice , my daughter gets married 5 days after the Derby. I'm not high risk health wise but wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I thought I'd caught covid at Tynecastle. Hopefully , she will have no more weddings but there will  be other derby games. FTH.

29 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Been asked by hospital not to go to games for 4 months due to ongoing Chemo treatment. Beyond gutted but got to look at the bigger picture

Plenty things more important than football mate! Stay strong and the jambos will still be there waiting for you when you can get back to the games!

35 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Been asked by hospital not to go to games for 4 months due to ongoing Chemo treatment. Beyond gutted but got to look at the bigger picture

Sorry to hear that, best of luck to you

55 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Hope you can enjoy watching a Jambo win on TV mate! 👍

Francis Albert

Missing out because amazingly the first train from London to Edinburgh doesn't get to Waverley until after 1pm. 

Billions being spent to reduce the journey time to Birmingham by a few minutes though.

39 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I'll be missing out for a while, I think.  East Coast trains between Newcastle and Edinburgh are diverted via Carlisle on weekends due to engineering work, making the length of my overall journey unviable.  No idea how long this is going on for.

Also, I don't think there's anything definite on using English Covid vaccination passports in Scotland, although maybe someone might put me right there.

Didn't know this, very glad I saw your post! Heading up to Edinburgh for the scumdee game, what's the timeframe?

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I'll be missing out for a while, I think.  East Coast trains between Newcastle and Edinburgh are diverted via Carlisle on weekends due to engineering work, making the length of my overall journey unviable.  No idea how long this is going on for.

Also, I don't think there's anything definite on using English Covid vaccination passports in Scotland, although maybe someone might put me right there.

Also missed the Aberdeen game because the last train to London left before the game ended. 

As for the vaccination passports I assumed the NHS confirmation that I have had the two shots would suffice. Surely there isn't going to be some other document required by Holyrood?

Tynecastlesmychurch

I might have to miss it due to work. Currently working night shift, and just over half way through a ten night run! So I’m not sure I’m going to make the game. 
Not complaining too much tho as back in March I was made redundant at my last job! 

One things for sure if we lose I’ll be in a stormer of a mood all night! 🤣

2 hours ago, otterjohn said:

Sorry to hear this, hope you are back in your seat watching the league leaders soon 

2 hours ago, otterjohn said:

Thanks for the kind comments guys

This is my 6oth year supporting Hearts from the ripe old age of 5

I'm lucky I'm getting the chance to battle on hut Tynecastle means so much its like my second home

Hope everyone lucky to be going on Sunday makes the noisiest atmosphere ever My wife and 3 foster children will be there and they better not come home without any kind of win

I won't see, or hear the game as I'll be taking my mum to visit the Old man in hospital in Glasgow, he's very ill, doesn't look too great. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up through the magic of JKB.

queensferryjambo
5 hours ago, lou said:

Just go, there will be loads of others going with Covid anyway ;) *

*For the sake of people with no sense of humour the winky face clearly means I am joking. 

Really sorry to hear you will be missing out but absolutely agree with your decision to stay home. Hope you get well soon Lou.

25 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Thanks for the kind comments guys

This is my 6oth year supporting Hearts from the ripe old age of 5

I'm lucky I'm getting the chance to battle on hut Tynecastle means so much its like my second home

Hope everyone lucky to be going on Sunday makes the noisiest atmosphere ever My wife and 3 foster children will be there and they better not come home without any kind of win

5 hours ago, lou said:

I wish a speedy recovery to you both 👍 I’ll wave to you both when we score our first goal! Look out for me, I’m in the main stand! You’ll both be back before too long 👋👍🤜💥🐼🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

4 hours ago, EIEIO said:

I'm missing it through choice , my daughter gets married 5 days after the Derby. I'm not high risk health wise but wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I thought I'd caught covid at Tynecastle. Hopefully , she will have no more weddings but there will  be other derby games. FTH.

Well done you, you have made the correct decision! And I applaud your common sense! 

My daughters wedding was 4 weeks ago and I missed matches in the two weeks prior to it! And friend that had the seat next to me (match I never went to Comm Shield) got COVID!

Then my friends daughter got married last week, again I missed the match the previous week so I was COVID free!

Football matches are forever BUT weddings are a one off!!

👰🏻♥️♥️♥️♥️🤵🏽♂️  

4 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'm coming up from Newcastle tomorrow (today!) and the train times are showing as 1:30 duration so definitely not going via Carlisle.

17 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm coming up from Newcastle tomorrow (today!) and the train times are showing as 1:30 duration so definitely not going via Carlisle.

Well done you!!

The new LUMO trains sound like they will be a godsend for Jambos in the South to get to more games this season!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

11 hours ago, lou said:

Gies yer ticket. :smoking: 

Seriously tho, all the best ,bud 

6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well done you!!

The new LUMO trains sound like they will be a godsend for Jambos in the South to get to more games this season!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

The train times don't work on Saturdays as the earliest train doesn't get in to Edinburgh until after 3pm. I'm assuming they'll eventually expand their capacity and put more trains on.

Heart of Darkness
11 hours ago, sassenach said:

Looking at the National Rail journey planner, it's looking as if the issues are between the weekends of Saturday 18 September and Saturday 23 October, inclusive.  Journey times from Newcastle to Edinburgh of between about 3 and 4 hours.

So doesn't affect the derby game, but will probably affect the Dundee game.

Thank the lord!! I'm heading down to Newcastle from Waverley at 7am tomorrow morning for a race that starts at 9:45am!! That was close enough without being diverted to the other side of the country!! 😆😆

I moved abroad in April. This is the first big game I'm missing that I would have been able to attend. I'm easily within travelling distance for big games once quarantine restrictions ease so got to hope that it becomes easier to move around soonish.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Did anyone ever try logging in to the hearts stream while your season ticket was being used for entry to the game. 

Aye, set it up on my TV for my dad when we played Aberdeen… I was at the game. Worked fine.  

I can’t make it tomorrow for other reasons.  My 9 year old step-daughter is playing for her u11s team against….Hibs.  

She’ll be playing on the same patch of grass in Lauder that I’m led to believe (according to JJ) Robbo scored his first ever goal for Hearts in a friendly 😮.  No pressure wee one!

18 hours ago, otterjohn said:

your health is more important and at least you will be able to watch it on tv/stream