Janey Godley

The Ultimate Worrier

1 hour ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

They were charged with perverting the course of justice were they? Conviction rates are at an all time low in this country. It's an achievement in itself to get a charge through/ prosecution. 

just because someone is found not guilty does not mean the accusers are charged.

at least we know how to sort the court case backlog just let you say guilty or not guilty

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• JamesM48

• jonesy

• Ron Burgundy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Not what I said mate. Arguably though her remarks about "spazzies" are worse than anything Trump said about disabled.

For the avoidance of doubt I dislike him even more than Janey. There's just something about her crap patter, bullying, hypocrisy, thin skin and constant need to be told that she's funny when she's anything but that really gets on my tits though.

You said JG has made similar or worse racist remarks or has mocked the disabled , similar or worse than Trump.. !

What racist comments has she's made, especially worse than branding Mexicans rapists, or suggesting barring Muslims from entering the UK ? 

You noted the spazzie tweet. Is that racist or just a bad choice of words like ******, loony,thicko etc . And worse than impersonating a disabled reporter on a world stage ?

You don't like her, cool.

Salmond and his lawyer BTW. Where's he branded him a sex pest  ? Can you post the video. Remember seeing it, but don't recall the direct accusation. 

13 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

They were charged with perverting the course of justice were they? Conviction rates are at an all time low in this country. It's an achievement in itself to get a charge through/ prosecution. 

Where do you draw the line?

If everyone that makes claims against anyone about anything loses, the accused still guilty? 

Savage Vince
14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Basically we are run by a bunch of trumped up local councillors and career politicians who know nothing about the real world as they've never had a real job

Clichéd nonsense. 

Spellczech
1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

Clichéd nonsense. 

I wish it was. Every time we get an election the information about the candidates tells us how our prospective MSP are almost all experienced city councillor blah-blah. The only ones who aren't are the independents who never win...All the main parties do this.

By the way, a critique is always better than a mere dismissal when you seek enter discussion. I know it is an online tactic of the Nationalists but it doesn't really add any value...

Auldbenches
21 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Have you honestly thought that first point through? 

That's really going to encourage other women to come forward if they were sexually assaulted.  

'Remember if the jury or judge thinks they are innocent even thought we think there's enough evidence to go to court, you'll be prosecuted if they are found not guilty.'

Is that what you are saying should happen, or should've happened?

That'll help getting tbe convictions for rape up from only 6%.  

You must be trolling or stupid to think that because they haven't been prosecuted Salmond is guilty. 

The Ultimate Worrier
On 11/09/2021 at 21:06, felix said:

You said JG has made similar or worse racist remarks or has mocked the disabled , similar or worse than Trump.. !

What racist comments has she's made, especially worse than branding Mexicans rapists, or suggesting barring Muslims from entering the UK ? 

You noted the spazzie tweet. Is that racist or just a bad choice of words like ******, loony,thicko etc . And worse than impersonating a disabled reporter on a world stage ?

You don't like her, cool.

Salmond and his lawyer BTW. Where's he branded him a sex pest  ? Can you post the video. Remember seeing it, but don't recall the direct accusation. 

I said similar or worse comments, not specifically about racism. However, I don't want to repeat on here but her remarks about disabled people, Chernobyl victims, the traveller community and those from the Indian subcontinent (to name just a few) were absolutely despicable. As Nicola herself said "they were beyond the pale". If you think it's acceptable then fair enough but it says more about you. 

The fact that she "protested" against Trump for being a racist and has been exposed as making such horrific remarks herself just shows that she's a massive hypocrite as well as being chronically unfunny.

Maybe you should ask one of the people who have discussed Salmond on this thread. Not quite sure why you're asking me.

Salmond getting touchy-feely with any woman within a six metre radius.

Trump building a wall to keep out the rapists.

Crap Glaswegian comedians making crap jokes in their nasally whine.

Die-hard SNP supporters scrambling to deflect any criticism of their party and incumbent leader.

These things happen :) 

The Trump “protest” wasn’t a protest, it was a self promotion exercise. If you look at the photo she was nowhere near any other protestors and just happened to be where the photographers were. Anything to get a bit of notoriety and in the papers. 

The Ultimate Worrier
47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The Trump “protest” wasn’t a protest, it was a self promotion exercise. If you look at the photo she was nowhere near any other protestors and just happened to be where the photographers were. Anything to get a bit of notoriety and in the papers. 

Spot on mate, it was all about her. The fact she still has it on her Twitter profile says it all.

For me, the two worst things to happen to the world in the last few years are Trump and Covid. She has shamelessly tried to profit from both.

50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yep, it is exactly the same as so called celebs informing paparazzi where they will be so they get their photos in the papers. Just a cynical method of self promotion

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Until now this pandemic has been nothing but an incine source for her. 

It's all about the coin with her.  

I never knew she was a Thatcherite in the past.  Ffs.  

Do you think the Record isn't reporting this story because they've already paid her for the future articles and interviews? 

What a dirty thing for a paper to cash in on.  

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

She is no comedienne . I like various types of humour from slapstick Laurel and Hardy to more sophisticated plays of Oscar Wilde / Noel Coward to Woody Allen angst on the big screen to crazy Leslie Neilson in “ the naked gun” films . However it’s a massive stretch to Consider her of any comedic value . Apart from her clothes , her hair and that annoying voice 

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

She is no comedienne . I like various types of humour from slapstick Laurel and Hardy to more sophisticated plays of Oscar Wilde / Noel Coward to Woody Allen angst on the big screen to crazy Leslie Neilson in “ the naked gun” films . However it’s a massive stretch to Consider her of any comedic value . Apart from her clothes , her hair and that annoying voice 

Woody Allen! He's got a bit history!

8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Woody Allen! He's got a 

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It’s his films I like and if you read more into the whole sorry Mia Farrow saga you might find he  is innocent and she’s a vindictive mad spiteful jealous harridan . 🥸

Auldbenches
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Most Nats are natural comics mind you. So many corkers over the years that never get old. 

What has this got to do with Godley other than your political viewpoint? 

Roxy Hearts
45 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I like some of his stuff too. Farrow does appear to be a little deranged but Allen is not that innocent IMO. There's enough dubiety out there!

24 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

What has this got to do with Godley other than your political viewpoint? 

Godley's alleged comedy puts her on par with your dear leader's ridiculous ref2 agenda. Try and connect some dots and you might get it. Duh! 

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Godley's alleged comedy puts her on par with your dear leader's ridiculous ref2 agenda. Try and connect some dots and you might get it. Duh! 

I'm struggling to get this post.  This thread is nothing to do with independence, it's about a bsck green weedgie showing her true colours.  Nearly her true colours as she is actually a tory at heart.  

How is her racial comments related to anything to do with ref 2? 

Desperate stuff if you are using this thread to have a go at any party

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I'm struggling to get this post.  This thread is nothing to do with independence, it's about a bsck green weedgie showing her true colours.  Nearly her true colours as she is actually a tory at heart.  

How is her racial comments related to anything to do with ref 2? 

Desperate stuff if you are using this thread to have a go at any party

She was actually hired by the Toaries now and is a Toary comic, lol. 

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

She was actually hired by the Toaries now and is a Toary comic, lol. 

I'm talking about her being a supporter of Thatcher.  

Do you mind if we just leave it?

Can't see this being a straight forward discussion. 

23 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I like some of his stuff too. Farrow does appear to be a little deranged but Allen is not that innocent IMO. There's enough dubiety out there!

Yes  the whole issue is very divisive and people either believe him or her . FWIW  there has been multiple allegations of child abuse ( emotional and physical ) against her which have never been properly investigated . Zero closure for the victims . 

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm talking about her being a supporter of Thatcher.  

Do you mind if we just leave it?

Can't see this being a straight forward discussion. 

Maybe she was quite fond of Mrs Thatch in the 80s (who knows) but she is an SNP supporter and was hired by them on that basis. Another quality signing, lol. 

Auldbenches
Just now, JackLadd said:

Maybe she was quite fond of Mrs Thatch in the 80s (who knows) but she is an SNP supporter and was hired by them on that basis. Another quality signing, lol. 

What has this got to do with her tweets and dodgy comments?  

There's a indy thread for this.  

You're obsessed if you are Jumping in with that stuff on this thread. 

She would happily get hired by anyone if the money is there.

This thread shouldn't be about who she supposedly supports, it's about her being a bully, using racist language and being as funny as a kick in the baws with an open toe plimsoll. 

Go to the Scottish independence thread with this and I'll discuss it there with you.

She is a right tory that is snp because it brings in the money.  

On 13/09/2021 at 07:44, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I said similar or worse comments, not specifically about racism. However, I don't want to repeat on here but her remarks about disabled people, Chernobyl victims, the traveller community and those from the Indian subcontinent (to name just a few) were absolutely despicable. As Nicola herself said "they were beyond the pale". If you think it's acceptable then fair enough but it says more about you. 

The fact that she "protested" against Trump for being a racist and has been exposed as making such horrific remarks herself just shows that she's a massive hypocrite as well as being chronically unfunny.

Maybe you should ask one of the people who have discussed Salmond on this thread. Not quite sure why you're asking me.

Just can't get as worked up as you (and The Sun) over her vile and horrific language.

Sorry....and yes @Brown Stuff 74 where did you see Salmond's lawyer accusing him, like you have, of being a sex pest ? 

You might find his lawyer saying he could be seen as one, but not quite the same. Astrologers could be seen as visionaries. They're not.

17 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Ach, these things happen.

20 hours ago, pablo said:

Few home truths in this piece by Bonnie Prince Bob.

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing 👍

21 hours ago, pablo said:

Interesting and worth a read, but the author isn't as smart as he thinks he is. Reminds me of someone I know who looks for conspiracies everywhere.

The Ultimate Worrier
5 hours ago, felix said:

Just can't get as worked up as you (and The Sun) over her vile and horrific language.

Sorry....and yes @Brown Stuff 74 where did you see Salmond's lawyer accusing him, like you have, of being a sex pest ? 

You might find his lawyer saying he could be seen as one, but not quite the same. Astrologers could be seen as visionaries. They're not.

I just can't see why you keep feeling the need to defend her. She's a shit comedian, she's hijacked the yes movement for her own ends, she's a hypocrite and deserves everything she gets.

Apology accepted.

11 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I just can't see why you keep feeling the need to defend her. She's a shit comedian, she's hijacked the yes movement for her own ends, she's a hypocrite and deserves everything she gets.

Apology accepted.

Can't really get worked up enough about her to start a thread, or froth like the Sun, over her language tbh.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 13/09/2021 at 18:26, pablo said:

Some good points but a lot of it could have been written by Janey herself as it fits in with her creation myth. She claims to be a Rangers fan and part of her act is saying that a priest was allowed to **** her (Catholic) husband before she was. Rangers fans can't stand her but neither can Celtic fans but it's more to do with her piss poor "comedy" and her constant attention seeking than anything else.

31 minutes ago, felix said:

Can't really get worked up enough about her to start a thread, or froth like the Sun, over her language tbh.

The thread was just inviting discussion about the 12 grand fee, no frothing at all. You do seem to be taking any criticism of her rather too much to heart.

McGlynn The Money
On 09/09/2021 at 15:33, Auldbenches said:

Excellent news.   I see she still thinks she's the vera Lynn of the pandemic.  

I hope all she has left is bookings at the barras market.  They'll still live her there.

Not decent punchline, just her getting over footage saying shite like 'getting the messages etc' 

I hope it is on news tonight and the woke squad go for her.  

It's harry lauder territory with her. 

The "Vera Lynn" of the pandemic, love it! So true as well but according to her she was just trying to keep the nation's spirits up during the pandemic. Nothing to do with lining her own pockets, my arse!

On 09/09/2021 at 15:23, jonesy said:

No issue with her 'historical tweets'. They may well not reflect her as she is now.

What's useful is if we can find out who actually finds her funny. Gives me a heads-up to avoid them. Bit like those folk that wear Celtic tops in public. 

:spoton:

On 09/09/2021 at 14:55, Tazio said:

The only time she's ever made me smile was as I enjoyed her being massively out of her depth on Have I Got News For You. 

Why did they keep having her back on? She was like a fish out of water as you have to think on your feet and be witty. Last time she was on she just kept laughing loudly, presumably to remind everyone she was still there.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The "Vera Lynn" of the pandemic, love it! So true as well but according to her she was just trying to keep the nation's spirits up during the pandemic. Nothing to do with lining her own pockets, my arse!

:spoton:

Why did they keep having her back on? She was like a fish out of water as you have to think on your feet and be witty. Last time she was on she just kept laughing loudly, presumably to remind everyone she was still there.

i didn't realise she had been on it 4 times

On 13/09/2021 at 18:26, pablo said:

Is it just me or is that hard to read?

Ainsley Harriott
On 13/09/2021 at 21:46, JackLadd said:

Shes Nicola's alter ego remember 

Auldbenches
42 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

"Woketopia" 

That's rich coming from BPB. 

Screenshot_20210915-192619.png

Stuart cosgrove said in off the ball he had done an article about the similarities between the bullying on social media of Godley and monika Lewinsky.   No mention of the bullying that Godley handed out to others for years.  

They are beginning to rally round her but it won't work.  She went to far and was an utter bully herself. 

No way we see her back in the mainstream media now.  Disgusting if we do. 

Sooperstar
16 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Stuart cosgrove said in off the ball he had done an article about the similarities between the bullying on social media of Godley and monika Lewinsky.   No mention of the bullying that Godley handed out to others for years.  

They are beginning to rally round her but it won't work.  She went to far and was an utter bully herself. 

No way we see her back in the mainstream media now.  Disgusting if we do. 

Quite a few big name comedians came out in support of her when the Tweets were first uncovered. Unfortunately I think we will still be subjected to her attempts at humour.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Quite a few big name comedians came out in support of her when the Tweets were first uncovered. Unfortunately I think we will still be subjected to her attempts at humour.

I can't see her lasting long if she resurfaces.  She will not handle tbe pressure of some of the fall out from this.  How she handled things on Twitter showed that. 

It says a lot about this country and this board that a thread about a comedian has countless posts while the one about a racist/homophobic tory minister hardly gets a mention. I suppose it keeps the unionists happy though 

Ron Burgundy

I am enjoying her demise way more than I should. Also the tears and snotters from Chief Mammy's gullible army trying to defend her is exquisite.

Auldbenches
26 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I am enjoying her demise way more than I should. Also the tears and snotters from Chief Mammy's gullible army trying to defend her is exquisite.

I'm enjoying it because she deserves it.  Not the woman I dislike most in Scottish comedy the most.

That goes to that other greedy boot Karen koren. 

Edited by Auldbenches
McGlynn The Money
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

It says a lot about this country and this board that a thread about a comedian has countless posts while the one about a racist/homophobic tory minister hardly gets a mention. I suppose it keeps the unionists happy though 

The thread isn't about a comedian, it's about Janey Godley.

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Haven't seen many people defending her tbh.

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

It says a lot about this country and this board that a thread about a comedian has countless posts while the one about a racist/homophobic tory minister hardly gets a mention. 

These things happen :(