Jump to content

Janey Godley


The Ultimate Worrier

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

 she's got a cheek slagging what anyone looks like, anaw.

Especially from someone that looks like the back end of pantomime horse. As the sign behind her says, Kelly is a fox 😍

kelly_rowland_headshot_a_p.jpg

5760.jpg

Edited by Mister T
.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Auldbenches

    40

  • JamesM48

    32

  • jonesy

    23

  • Ron Burgundy

    14

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

More to come I'm sure. Offensive language warning.

 

 

The lassie that Tweeted this appears to have been subject to a Janey Godley Twitter pile on previously.

 

Vile woman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamstomorrow
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He calls people *****. Not funny. Even JKB knows it's a horrendous word.

 

 

Ricky's stand up isn't funny. 

Hobos?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

 'Jock' is almost exclusively used in a derogatory manner.

 

I don’t think I have ever been called Jock in my life, if I’m being honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamstomorrow
15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

 'Jock' is almost exclusively used in a derogatory manner.

Dahn saff, I have heard the term, 'sweaty's' used as a term for Scottish people.    Does not bother me personally.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

More to come I'm sure. Offensive language warning.

 

 

The lassie that Tweeted this appears to have been subject to a Janey Godley Twitter pile on previously.

Comes across as done for comedic effect (i.e. the daughter getting frustrated with her) rather than out and out prejudice, TBH. Whether its funny is, I suppose, completely subjective. But it's hardly a hate-filled rant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
10 minutes ago, Beni said:

Swings and roundabouts.

 

 

Screenshot_20210910-091744~2.png

That is perfect.  She was selling postcards saying that has trump is one of those.  She was charging £6 for that written on it with a biro.  Greedy boot. 

I see the daily record hasn't went with this story.  Surprised at that...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Have you read it all. Black this, black that Kelly Rowland and 50 cent for some reason are heavily targeted. Calling KR stereotype of the woman fae tom and Jerry is racist. And a black horse. 

 

Anyway, why doesn't see just use their names instead of black, black, black, black. She's got a cheek slagging what anyone looks like, anaw.

Reading the tweets yesterday, I thought she might've tried to wriggle out one or two of then until the uncle tom stuff.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soap-dodging scum who thinks weegie is a character trait. That advert should’ve come with a health warning itself. 
 

At least she’s still got her career as a Ken Stott impersonator. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Dahn saff, I have heard the term, 'sweaty's' used as a term for Scottish people.    Does not bother me personally.   


That and jock are often used in London. lived there for many years and it didn’t offend me once. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo

You sometimes forget, that with all the sectarian stuff, Scotland has an issue with racism too.

It was some PR job that convinced us that we are more inclusive, more empathic, more welcoming than England .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Dahn saff, I have heard the term, 'sweaty's' used as a term for Scottish people.    Does not bother me personally.   


Sweaty socks = jocks 

 

Have heard and been called it many times and doesn’t bother me either. The most aggravating aspect is that they expect you to be all offended when they use

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

 

I don’t think I have ever been called Jock in my life, if I’m being honest.

In my time I have been called Jock.

PJ(poxy jock)

Sweaty sock.

My favourite FRISP(****ing Repugnant Ignorant Scottish Pig), didn't bother me and just helped me to develop a thicker skin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

In my time I have been called Jock.

PJ(poxy jock)

Sweaty sock.

My favourite FRISP(****ing Repugnant Ignorant Scottish Pig), didn't bother me and just helped me to develop a thicker skin.

Given the shite we all come out with (Weegie Scum, Leithiopians, Sheepshaggers), I don't think a bit of ribbing about being Scottish is going to harm anyone with an ounce of common sense. It's usually just in jest, and it's not like we don't have ammunition to throw back, anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Comes across as done for comedic effect (i.e. the daughter getting frustrated with her) rather than out and out prejudice, TBH. Whether its funny is, I suppose, completely subjective. But it's hardly a hate-filled rant.

The problem with that sort of stuff is the it takes a very good writer/performer do it well and that isn't her. 

The issue I have with her in the situation of the last couple of days is that she is someone who set herself up as some some of faultless person who was quick to shoot down others, or let her minions do it in the past. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Soap-dodging scum who thinks weegie is a character trait. That advert should’ve come with a health warning itself. 
 

At least she’s still got her career as a Ken Stott impersonator. 

Look at the apology video she posted she is jocky Wilson's double.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

You sometimes forget, that with all the sectarian stuff, Scotland has an issue with racism too.

It was some PR job that convinced us that we are more inclusive, more empathic, more welcoming than England .

You're spot on with our pr machine that likes to compare ourselves to England so we look better. 

We've just elected the first vla black woman into Holyrood.  It took over twenty years and no one noticed.  

We aren't as progressive as we like to make out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Look at the apology video she posted she is jocky Wilson's double.

 

 

Poor old Jocky was better looking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic distraction tactics. I'm more concerned with the fact that taxpayers money is being funnelled off into offshore health and social care shell companies run by Tory donors than some co-ordinated Twitter campaign about some no-mark weegie comedian saying something offensive years ago.

 

But maybe that's just me...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Ach well, these things happen

Not as if she called anyone anti English. That would have been offensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Just a Nationalist being a Nationalist.

I suppose nobody from the conservative and unionist party would ever use language like that?

What did Boris mean by bongo bongo land?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
29 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Look at the apology video she posted she is jocky Wilson's double.

 

Never seen the two of them in the same room...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I suppose nobody from the conservative and unionist party would ever use language like that?

What did Boris mean by bongo bongo land?  

Yes, he's a Nationalist too, I don't vote for him, or his disgusting party. You appear to be supporting this disgraceful advert for Scotland. What a ****ing embarrassment to the nation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I suppose nobody from the conservative and unionist party would ever use language like that?

What did Boris mean by bongo bongo land?  

 

Wasn't that the late great Alan Clark? Nobody of his generation was pro black. Remember the dockers went on strike in support of Enoch. Anyway, Boris is just a keen percussionist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Classic distraction tactics. I'm more concerned with the fact that taxpayers money is being funnelled off into offshore health and social care shell companies run by Tory donors than some co-ordinated Twitter campaign about some no-mark weegie comedian saying something offensive years ago.

 

But maybe that's just me...


Distraction tactics? From whom? 
 

It’s a Janey Godley thread…

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Speaking to the BBC's Good Morning Scotland programme, Ms Sturgeon was asked whether she was angry her government had not done its due diligence on Ms Godley before hiring her to front the campaign.

She replied: "Look, these things happen. The important thing is that action is taken.

"The most important thing to me from the start of this pandemic has been the integrity of our public health message.

"Janey has apologised and she has been pretty straightforward and dignified in her apology.

"She is a comedian and as she said herself she thought that gave her licence to say things that she accepts were completely out of order and unacceptable."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:


Distraction tactics? From whom? 
 

It’s a Janey Godley thread…

It's incredible. 

Janey is a racist sectarian blowbag... Aye but what about the Tories?

Link to post
Share on other sites
HartleyLegend3
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's incredible. 

Janey is a racist sectarian blowbag... Aye but what about the Tories?

I think it's right she should go. Its time that all so called comedians were round up and jailed. Anything that's offensive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jonkel Hoon
49 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Classic distraction tactics. I'm more concerned with the fact that taxpayers money is being funnelled off into offshore health and social care shell companies run by Tory donors than some co-ordinated Twitter campaign about some no-mark weegie comedian saying something offensive years ago.

 

But maybe that's just me...

I think you're  reading too much into it. This came to the fore because of the Daily record going after a couple of Rangers fans tweets

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
5 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

I think it's right she should go. Its time that all so called comedians were round up and jailed. Anything that's offensive. 

I disagree, I think comedians should be able to joke about most things. It becomes an issue when they align themselves to political parties or causes and then they are fair game IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brown Stuff 74

Never been funny or talented, has ridden on the back of the indy movement for years. Not surprised at this at all sadly. There was a bullying culture deeply rooted in the SNP making them very unpalatable. Godley is a paradigm of this character/ culture. This was highlighted by sturgeon herself, who during the Salmond inquiry alluded to a fear of challenging unacceptable behaviour. Although there has been a move away from harder right wing policies such as level of corporation tax and some  of the worst characters Salmond et al have been weeded out Scotland needs a proper socialist indy alternative not defined by cretins like Janet Godley. Too many within the SNP want independence no matter what form it takes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:


Distraction tactics? From whom? 
 

It’s a Janey Godley thread…

 

The whole pile-on was started by a concerted campaign on Twitter by a poster who appears to have fairly close links to a number of Tory MSPs, but that's by the by. 

 

My point was that I really don't think this nonsense is worth airtime on our national news when there's far more important issues being glossed over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Comes across as done for comedic effect (i.e. the daughter getting frustrated with her) rather than out and out prejudice, TBH. Whether its funny is, I suppose, completely subjective. But it's hardly a hate-filled rant.

I do see your point about these conversations between her and the daughter but there is zero context to

understand why she was using offensive words . It appeared that she was genuinely using offensive words as as naturally using them and not part of a sophisticated comedy routine about challenging offensive words and those who use them . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
42 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yes, he's a Nationalist too, I don't vote for him, or his disgusting party. You appear to be supporting this disgraceful advert for Scotland. What a ****ing embarrassment to the nation.

I thought Boris had also used that phrase but I think you're right on it originally being ellan Clark.  

Supporting who, janey Godley? 

I can't stand nationalism either and think it should be dropped from any part name. 

Could go with Scottish Independence Party SIP, though anything to do with drinking would just leave us open to cheap jokes.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
17 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

I think it's right she should go. Its time that all so called comedians were round up and jailed. Anything that's offensive. 

I'd happily become an out and out puritan if it meant getting some comedians locked up.   

Michael McIntyre first? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I do see your point about these conversations between her and the daughter but there is zero context to

understand why she was using offensive words . It appeared that she was genuinely using offensive words as as naturally using them and not part of a sophisticated comedy routine about challenging offensive words and those who use them . 

Yeah, I think I've found myself in the unlikely and uncomfortable position of defending her in this thread. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'd happily become an out and out puritan if it meant getting some comedians locked up.   

Michael McIntyre first? 

The entire cast of Mrs Browns Boys should probably be executed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
13 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Never been funny or talented, has ridden on the back of the indy movement for years. Not surprised at this at all sadly. There was a bullying culture deeply rooted in the SNP making them very unpalatable. Godley is a paradigm of this character/ culture. This was highlighted by sturgeon herself, who during the Salmond inquiry alluded to a fear of challenging unacceptable behaviour. Although there has been a move away from harder right wing policies such as level of corporation tax and some  of the worst characters Salmond et al have been weeded out Scotland needs a proper socialist indy alternative not defined by cretins like Janet Godley. Too many within the SNP want independence no matter what form it takes. 


Utter nonesense. People get involved in politics then cry about bully boy tactics need to have a look at themselves and decide if the environment they have involved themselves in is right for them. Politics is not for the light hearted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

The entire cast of Mrs Browns Boys should probably be executed.

That lot have been getting away with it for years.  Also a bunch of tax dodging swines.  The whole family at cooking their books.  

Backgreen weedgie culture loves em so Godley will probably be back after the sympathy 6 parter in the Record blaming her past.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yeah, I think I've found myself in the unlikely and uncomfortable position of defending her in this thread. 

 

 

Yes I feel there was zero “ comedy “ element to it or indeed an education part to it either as such , as comedy can enlighten people . It just seems like some schemie harridan really 

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yeah, I think I've found myself in the unlikely and uncomfortable position of defending her in this thread. 

 

 


Yep. However you have to defend folks right to free speech even if you don’t like what they say or even the person your defending. Some of the more woke folk actually think they are the enlightened ones. However I would completely disagree with that. Folk who will defend free speech no matter who the person is are the enlightened ones.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...