Janey Godley

The Ultimate Worrier

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

That lot have been getting away with it for years.  Also a bunch of tax dodging swines.  The whole family at cooking their books.  

Backgreen weedgie culture loves em so Godley will probably be back after the sympathy 6 parter in the Record blaming her past.  

Oh I can’t stand mrs browns boys , it’s awful . Over sentimental , cloying crap really 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• JamesM48

• jonesy

• Ron Burgundy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I feel there was zero “ comedy “ element to it or indeed an education part to it either as such , as comedy can enlighten people . It just seems like some schemie harridan really 

Part of her act and persona. Shit as it is. 

Auldbenches
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh I can’t stand mrs browns boys , it’s awful . Over sentimental , cloying crap really 

It's actually worse than your memes...

16 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

The whole pile-on was started by a concerted campaign on Twitter by a poster who appears to have fairly close links to a number of Tory MSPs, but that's by the by. 

My point was that I really don't think this nonsense is worth airtime on our national news when there's far more important issues being glossed over. 

you are now the one using distraction tactics

Brown Stuff 74
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Utter nonesense. People get involved in politics then cry about bully boy tactics need to have a look at themselves and decide if the environment they have involved themselves in is right for them. Politics is not for the light hearted. 

Don't even know where to begin with this. You reckon the behaviour of Godley or Salmond among others is an issue because people are too "light hearted"? 

24 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

The whole pile-on was started by a concerted campaign on Twitter by a poster who appears to have fairly close links to a number of Tory MSPs, but that's by the by. 

My point was that I really don't think this nonsense is worth airtime on our national news when there's far more important issues being glossed over. 

She’s brought this on herself. I was completely unaware of her pre covid but it seems folk have been pointing her vile views out for years and been getting piled on in response. Racism is abhorrent but so is blind nationalism like yours.  

Jeffros Furios
27 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The entire cast of Mrs Browns Boys should probably be executed.

Can we extend the executions to all involved in reality TV and any mentions of Facebook ? 

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Can we extend the executions to all involved in reality TV and any mentions of Facebook ? 

Totes amazeballs idea.

28 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yep. However you have to defend folks right to free speech even if you don’t like what they say or even the person your defending. Some of the more woke folk actually think they are the enlightened ones. However I would completely disagree with that. Folk who will defend free speech no matter who the person is are the enlightened ones.  

Auldbenches
21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

She’s brought this on herself. I was completely unaware of her pre covid but it seems folk have been pointing her vile views out for years and been getting piled on in response. Racism is abhorrent but so is blind nationalism like yours.  

Sturgeon has given her credit for her dignified response when she knew these posts were out there and tried to ride it out and foolishly hoped they wouldn't surface.

If she was that sorry, she would've dealt with them when cakes out fir it rather than the pile on she probably helped execute.  

Only sorry for getting caught 

Edited by Auldbenches
Ron Burgundy
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Completely agree with him until he starts to represent a party that wants to limit freedom of speech in your own home. Then he becomes a hypocrite.

29 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Completely agree with him until he starts to represent a party that wants to limit freedom of speech in your own home. Then he becomes a hypocrite.

Not sure what you're referring to, Ron? He signed an open letter against Humza's hate bill, FWIW.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Have seen things being pointed out a few times about her in the past, however pile ons were mostly Rangers fans getting called out for sharing fake tweets suggesting she'd said even worse things. You'd have thought though that after having some fake ones do the rounds she'd have had the common sense to remove the old ones. 

Looking at the tweets and context from what i have seen in the paper I'm not necessarily convinced her comments/views were from a position of vile hatred. They were not politically correct and belittled people for how they looked and/or sections of society. It looks/sounds very immature and low brow humour and i think it's important to keep that in perspective.

Edit -

That said - she's being punished and called out for it which is right. She's apologised for it which is also the right thing to do. 

There is a level of irony IMO that a lot of people who are attacking Godley would have called this takedown political correctness gone mad.  Having seen a number of the things that have come out it looks like there's a lot of non SNP supporters and Rangers fans who are going for the jugular. 

So general conclusion - marmite (not very good) comedienne taken down by a twitter pile on mostly by some hypocrites.

Edited by Mysterion
additional comment added.
Ron Burgundy
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not sure what you're referring to, Ron? He signed an open letter against Humza's hate bill, FWIW.

Some folk are suggesting that Janey shouldn't be punished for her offensive stuff as she's a "comedian".

I'm saying that if a comedian aligns itself with a political party that wants to do away with freedom of speech then they set themselves up.

Not having a go at RA.

2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Have seen things being pointed out a few times about her in the past, however pile ons were mostly Rangers fans getting called out for sharing fake tweets suggesting she'd said even worse things. You'd have thought though that after having some fake ones do the rounds she'd have had the common sense to remove the old ones. 

Looking at the tweets and context from what i have seen in the paper I'm not necessarily convinced her comments/views were from a position of vile hatred. They were not politically correct and belittled people for how they looked and/or sections of society. It looks/sounds very immature and low brow humour and i think it's important to keep that in perspective.

There is a level of irony IMO that a lot of people who are attacking Godley would have called this takedown political correctness gone mad.  Having seen a number of the things that have come out it looks like there's a lot of non SNP supporters and Rangers fans who are going for the jugular. 

So general conclusion - marmite (not very good) comedienne taken down by a twitter pile on mostly by some hypocrites.

I won’t deny my hatred for that advert has clouded my judgment on her. Some of the things she’s said I’ve probably said in my younger years. To have a go and try defend her on a political stance is madness. 

jonnothejambo
22 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well it will keep her from signing on the broo for a while 

She may be signing on pretty sharpish because her career will now be down the shitter. 

Her HIGNFY appearance was totally embarrassing and I must admit I'd never heard of her until that appearance. 

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Edited by jonnothejambo
HartleyLegend3
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I disagree, I think comedians should be able to joke about most things. It becomes an issue when they align themselves to political parties or causes and then they are fair game IMO.

I think you will find most are aligned politically. Most on the left playing the dumb right. 

But in truth, the sick stuff they come out with. All of them. Jail the lot. Being a comedian should be viewed as a hate crime. 

Edited by HartleyLegend3
AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Don't even know where to begin with this. You reckon the behaviour of Godley or Salmond among others is an issue because people are too "light hearted"? 

I have made my views on Godley pretty clear on this thread she had nothing to apologise for. As for Alex Salmond the bullying accusations haven’t been proved i any inquiry or court in this land. In fact many were happy to work under him and with him when he had the reigns. Of course he had his methods and ran a pretty tight ship but bullying? Nah. Seems like some scorned arseholes who couldn’t handle the heat decided to Make up false stuff about him IMO. 

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

She may be signing on pretty sharpish because her career will now be down the shitter. 

Her HIGNFY appearance was totally embarrassing and I must admit I'd never heard of her until that appearance. 

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

She’s finished unless she reinvents herself as some mental health guru / redemption story thing 

37 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Some folk are suggesting that Janey shouldn't be punished for her offensive stuff as she's a "comedian".

I'm saying that if a comedian aligns itself with a political party that wants to do away with freedom of speech then they set themselves up.

Not having a go at RA.

Gotcha :) 

Malinga the Swinga

I believe NS has come out in support of  way that she handled apology saying it was dignified.

Think you can rule out investigation.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I have made my views on Godley pretty clear on this thread she had nothing to apologise for. As for Alex Salmond the bullying accusations haven’t been proved i any inquiry or court in this land. In fact many were happy to work under him and with him when he had the reigns. Of course he had his methods and ran a pretty tight ship but bullying? Nah. Seems like some scorned arseholes who couldn’t handle the heat decided to Make up false stuff about him IMO. 

If she has nothing to apologise for, then why has she? 

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

If she has nothing to apologise for, then why has she? 

Pressure and the risk of being cancelled by arseholes. 

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pressure and the risk of being cancelled by arseholes. 

So self preservation then?

Seems the horrible tweets have been going on for years and years.

Glad she has been found out.

Seems to be an awful person.

Got the heave from her panto gig now.

Janey: "Where's ma career?"

Audience: "It's behind you!"

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/breaking-comedian-janey-godley-withdraws-from-aberdeen-pantomime-by-mutual-consent/

Savage Vince
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Comes across as done for comedic effect (i.e. the daughter getting frustrated with her) rather than out and out prejudice, TBH. Whether its funny is, I suppose, completely subjective. But it's hardly a hate-filled rant.

I'm pleased someone else is at least trying to see what's going on there. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I believe NS has come out in support of  way that she handled apology saying it was dignified.

Think you can rule out investigation.

Now, if she'd had a go at transgender black people, that'd probably be quite a different matter in Sturgeon's book.

2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm pleased someone else is at least trying to see what's going on there. 

I just wish I could rewind time and wipe her honking 'patter'. And TBF, I've called friends worse.

Savage Vince
Just now, jonesy said:

I just wish I could rewind time and wipe her honking 'patter'. And TBF, I've called friends worse.

Her patter is indeed honking. As is the mock outrage on this thread. 

26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Now, if she'd had a go at transgender black people, that'd probably be quite a different matter in Sturgeon's book.

5446175B-33A6-414A-B359-77EC6EF94AA0.gif

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

5446175B-33A6-414A-B359-77EC6EF94AA0.gif

Well, if there’s one thing this thread has taught me, is I should probably avoid making any kind of Zeefuik joke here.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well, if there’s one thing this thread has taught me, is I should probably avoid making any kind of Zeefuik joke here.

Oh come he was big but he wasn’t that big ! Oh happy memory brought back there . That Cowdenbeath game 

3fingersreid

Is Godley representative of the statement

“people make Glasgow ?” 

Brown Stuff 74
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Salmond described by his own QC as a sex pest, a bully and a creep. Nevermind the 9 women who were prepared to go to court. This was sadly the culture of thr party and salmond had carte blanched. Several others were also charged with similar indiscretions. Godley has apologised but you still defend her. Your attitude is deeply worrying and offensive to the victims. 

AlimOzturk
5 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Salmond described by his own QC as a sex pest, a bully and a creep. Nevermind the 9 women who were prepared to go to court. This was sadly the culture of thr party and salmond had carte blanched. Several others were also charged with similar indiscretions. Godley has apologised but you still defend her. Your attitude is deeply worrying and offensive to the victims. 

What victims? Salmond is a free and innocent man. 

11 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

I'm sure the victims here will transgress JKB's "offensive attitude".. :lol:

Brown Stuff 74
24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What victims? Salmond is a free and innocent man. 

Were 9 women lying? 

AlimOzturk
8 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Were 9 women lying? 

A majority female dury plus female judge proceeding found the accusations “not proven” which is as close to innocent as one can be in Scotland.  He has been found guilty of nothing. Not only that but they threw the full weight of the legal system behind them and still couldn’t convict him. The media went after him as well and guess what? Still “not Proven” The women involved didn’t even want the charges against Salmond to go ahead. I believe he was inappropriate against some women. How inappropriate we will never know I suppose but clearly not illegal. And yes I believe many lies were told to try and get him. 

Salmond has been through enough and I admire him and treat him like the innocent man that he deserves to be. If he can’t rebuild his life after going through a “fair” legal trial then wtf is the point in it all?

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

A majority female dury plus female judge proceeding found the accusations “not proven” which is as close to innocent as one can be in Scotland.  He has been found guilty of nothing. Not only that but they threw the full weight of the legal system behind them and still couldn’t convict him. The media went after him as well and guess what? Still “not Proven” The women involved didn’t even want the charges against Salmond to go ahead. I believe he was inappropriate against some women. How inappropriate we will never know I suppose but clearly not illegal. And yes I believe many lies were told to try and get him. 

Salmond has been through enough and I admire him and treat him like the innocent man that he deserves to be. If he can’t rebuild his life after going through a “fair” legal trial then wtf is the point in it all?

Well said 

Brown Stuff 74
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

" I believe he was inappropriate against some women." At least we've moved on from blaming the women themselves for being too light hearted

Brown Stuff 74

Furthermore we are now arguing whether he was a rapist, a sex pest , a creep or a bully. Take your pic but says more about you. My orinignal point was about the culture of bullying. 

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Furthermore we are now arguing whether he was a rapist, a sex pest , a creep or a bully. Take your pic but says more about you. My orinignal point was about the culture of bullying. 

He's no Prince Andrew!