Janey Godley

The Ultimate Worrier

Awbdy Oot
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not racist at all. 

Not funny either. 

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm not sure why you think that's racist? 

Like I said, you can argue whether it's racist or not, I'm not going to bother. The butt of the "joke" thought it was racist though.

Edited by Awbdy Oot
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• JamesM48

• Awbdy Oot

• jonesy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awbdy Oot
1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

Probably because of the his own racial predujuices

Fancy explaining that one to me? 

Awbdy Oot
34 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I've seen clips of her at various points. One is from her Fringe show a couple of years back when the highlight of the whole show seemed to be her calling Trump a ***** and getting the whole audience to shout "Trump is a *****". I can't stand Trump but I could call him a ***** from the comfort of my own home and would expect a bit more from a so called comedian.

The BBC Scotland Twitter page was always sharing her "comedy" for a while. In one of the clips she is reading (shouting) a piss poor joke about Bitcoin from a piece of paper she's holding in her hand. Despite having it written down she still manages to fluff her lines which I suppose is a talent in itself.

I've seen her a few times on Have I Got News for You where she has died on her arse each and every time because she is so far out of her depth. On a show where you have to think on your feet and have some quips ready about current affairs the faux Glesgae patter about "aw the Sandras and the soup pot" doesn't really cut it. She ends up just laughing loudly at the other people on the show just to let us know she's still there.

Heard her on BBC Scotland panel shows where she's just as bad even though she's playing to a "home" audience.

The voiceovers are what she is best known for, or at least they were until her career went into a nosedive so it's fair to judge her on them. They are absolutely horrendous.

Janey seems to think that comparing people to Chernobyl victims is funny...

Another who has seen her 👍 your thoughts on her are valid.

I'm not buying this theory that you can't make a valid judgement on a comedian unless you've seen them live. I've not seen Chubby Brown but know enough about him and his material that I know he's a *****. 

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I'm not buying this theory that you can't make a valid judgement on a comedian unless you've seen them live. I've not seen Chubby Brown but know enough about him and his material that I know he's a *****. 

Valid thought confirmation from someone who’s thought process is deeply flawed. What a world we live in. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Chubby Brown was quite funny on his day tbf.  

Everyone is different tho  Some people for example actually find Eddie Izzard, Jack Dee, Reeves and Mortimer, Russell Howard and Stewart Lee funny.  Horrendous stuff to me.

I like blue comedy and highly offensive.

Edited by i8hibsh
SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I once had the misfortune to be asked to join a group of friends to see Chubby Brown in Edinburgh. It was horrific. Just a swearfest and completely not, for me, funny in the slightest. To make it worse, the audience had a fair amount of absolute helmets in it, which actually had me fearing for my safety. They were in hysterics at anything he said, which was mainly shouting abusive opinion about sections of society he had a problem with.

I find myself being embarrassed watching Janey Godley on television, in case people watching from other areas within the UK think she is typical of what we think is funny. I take no pleasure from her, probably temporary, demise other than to be glad that she isn't going to appear on national television any time soon.

Sawdust Caesar
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I once had the misfortune to be asked to join a group of friends to see Chubby Brown in Edinburgh. It was horrific. Just a swearfest and completely not, for me, funny in the slightest. To make it worse, the audience had a fair amount of absolute helmets in it, which actually had me fearing for my safety. They were in hysterics at anything he said, which was mainly shouting abusive opinion about sections of society he had a problem with.

I find myself being embarrassed watching Janey Godley on television, in case people watching from other areas within the UK think she is typical of what we think is funny. I take no pleasure from her, probably temporary, demise other than to be glad that she isn't going to appear on national television any time soon.

Totally agree about some of the crowd who go to see Chubby Brown. I worked in the Playhouse in the early 90s and at the time female staff had to wear skirts as part of their uniform. Anytime Chubby was playing the females were advised to wear trousers instead of skirts, or not work that shift, due to the awful behaviour of some of his fans towards the female staff. I'd heard from a few of them that it wasn't uncommon for them to get groped or had their bums slapped by pissed up Richard Craniums.

51 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Totally agree about some of the crowd who go to see Chubby Brown. I worked in the Playhouse in the early 90s and at the time female staff had to wear skirts as part of their uniform. Anytime Chubby was playing the females were advised to wear trousers instead of skirts, or not work that shift, due to the awful behaviour of some of his fans towards the female staff. I'd heard from a few of them that it wasn't uncommon for them to get groped or had their bums slapped by pissed up Richard Craniums.

Probably the same people that will sit and watch re-runs of The Comedians or Wheeltappers and Shunters on You Tube thinking it's cutting edge comedy. Chubby Brown you can file under Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson etc.............oh, and Janey feckin Godley too.

59 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Because after all what could be a nicer evening for the female staff of being in a room with a bunch of pissed up men wetting themselves laughing at jokes about violence towards women. 

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Chubby Brown was quite funny on his day tbf.  

Everyone is different tho  Some people for example actually find Eddie Izzard, Jack Dee, Reeves and Mortimer, Russell Howard and Stewart Lee funny.  Horrendous stuff to me.

I like blue comedy and highly offensive.

Did his day coincide with you being about 11? His audience is the brain dead and wee boys.

I would rather watch a female comedian than him. 

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

I would rather watch a female comedian than him. 

You have taken that too far.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You have taken that too far.

I know there's only so long you can listen to a woman "comedian" go on about men,periods, chocolate and kids.

McGlynn The Money
On 06/10/2021 at 14:33, milky_26 said:

you do realise that comedians use things like HIGNFY and other panel shows to showcase selections of their acts

Hopefully she'll never be invited back now. Not that she contributed anything to it.